Sembawang MTB or SAHM

Hi Twins_MTB
if not wrong there is only 2 PD in woodlands, Angeline's at Blk 303 W'lands ST 31 and Baby Bear at Blk 849 W'lands st 82.

Hi Carol
PM = privite msg
Ooi baby & Child Clinic shd be PD at blk 417 Yishun
There is 1 before & after sch care centre at Blk 503 Wellington but not sure they take in how old's kid (I believe starts fr Pri 1)

Hi Vivi,

I also think likewise, thanks

Hi Twins_MTB,
thanks for telling me what's PM stands for, I am also residing in Blk 466B, so coincidence...........<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Updated
Sembawang_Moms-535519.xls (14.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

twins - tks for updating. Wow you are ready for the princesses, I can't wait to see them too. So far over my side I got a set of triplet princesses too &amp; now they are reaching teenage years. Frankly speaking until today I still can't tell one from another.

augustmum - care to share with us more about Ooi clinic? Tks in advance. So how's taking care of your younger son so far? Got to take good care of yourself.

Hi Vivi

Yes I decided to see him but need to cancel my other appts with NUH I find it convenient to go to his clinic than NUH (besides I can have my routine check up in the evening) Mine 10 weeks (but how to check size) I saw photo top read 7.5cm lower part read 3.3cm duno what is this?

Hi Van yours 25th me too!!!

Hi twins_MTB

Hee hee coz you carrying twins (no joke hor) must be terribly tiring right

Van,
I'm also worried I can't tell them apart. But my HB worst! He's a "sotong" and he can't tell a lot of things apart, so he's more worried than me. He may end up feeding the same baby over and over again and starve the other if I ask him to help out. Hahaha...

LYMing,
Its not the weight of the twins that's causing me difficulty to walk. I can still bear with the weight. Its the water retention on my feet all the way to my thighs. My entire leg doubled in size and they look like they are 4 times the size of my hand!!! I can't walk properly now. Heee... But at least I'm not bed bound lor, so I'm still thankful for that. :p

Hey twins, thanks for updating the list. So coincidence, u and carol staying at the same blk. u two can just pop at each others' place anytime leh. I also can't wait to see ur princesses.......mine are boys I also hope to have a girl.....
sad.gif
but close factory liao can't tahan so many kids ah.....mentally and financially. so u stopping at 2? good leh one time "gao dim".
happy.gif

Hey twins, dun worry lah....sure can differtiate one. if u afraid tat u will mixed them up maybe can let them wear something like an ankle chain or bracelet at different hand or ankle.

o ya MTBs, call me superstitious, my colleague told me its good to let bb wear ankle chain those with 'ba gua' and old coins kind best. very good for bb to calm them or if got 'alien guest' will keep away too. then she also said best it bought by maternal grandmother, the bb will be more obedient. I let my boys wear silver ones instead of gold chains. o and think have to be worn like boys on left and girls on right.

twins - kekeke this is the common problem with the twin's parent. Until today my aunt still unable to tell who is actually on the phone talking to her.

You can try letting them wear different colours to differentiate who has eaten &amp; who hasn't. As months go by, individual personalities will slowly surface. Be more patient.

Twins are pretty playful at time, esp at childcare as they can imitate each other very well, it's all up to the teacher's skill then. One good thing about twin is that you can request the school to let them be together, be it in the same school or in the same class. Normally the principle is pretty kind towards such case.

Another common thing you can check it out is via each position of the baby's mole.

LYMing - kekeke so wat is your appt time? Mine is around 10am. Note that Lawrence is normally late so I guess it's around 1010-1020 .... tell you more about myself, initially at 1st trimester on surface nothing is different about me, except vomit, vomit &amp; vomit plus many other symptoms. My pregnancy sickness is a whole day event, 360degree different from my sister. Right now at 2nd trimester my tummy starts to grow, about 1" every week. Do look out for sales so that you can buy larger size clothings to wear, just in case.

Twins
Sure you can identify ur twins, may be at first more difficult but after sometimes you will know who is who..
happy.gif
my neighbour also having a twins and i cant differentiate them whenever i see them but my neighbour will tell me tis is jie jie &amp; tat is mei mei
happy.gif
U might want to consider let them wear a bangle on different hand to differentiate them
happy.gif

twins_MTB, sure can identify one lar..my hb also twins ler..and I can easily identified him and his bro
happy.gif
Even fr the childhood photos I'm able to recognise and differentiate them too! So don't worry lar

Hey gals

Some twins really look very alike. some are identical twins some are non identical twins tat's why maybe those non identical kind can be more easily identified.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Hehe... I thought of asking the hospital to keep their tags on upon discharge. Until I can identify them, I will cut it off myself.
kao_clap.gif

apple,
Its so interesting to marry a twin. I dated one when I was in poly and I find it so weird. Hee...

Van,
I agree it'll be easier for me and fun for them when they go to school. I won;t have to worry about them feeling scared in a new environment. They will most probably be the most daring ones around since they have company! Just pray hard they dun bully other kids. Else, I will kenna complain from other parents. Hee...

Wow so many ppls here.... twin u r so lucky kekeke aiyoh it depends whether the princesses are very alike or not. Like my triplet cousins, they look and sound so alike until today. So I got to ask them all over again who is who.....

Most importantly they are well &amp; healthy. Bangles, different clothings, mole etc etc it's really up to you soon to be mummy hehe....

twin - fyi normally teacher loves twins. They do not mind them being playful. Twins will not get bored easily as they have each other as company. Note that throughout their study path alot of people, even themselves tends to compare one another regardless it's studies, looks, IQ etc etc Sometimes I can't bear my dear cousins to go through all these, it's unbearable.

Van,
Triplets! Triple the fun when they are identical!!! Hehehe... Your aunt must have a hard time caring for them in the past. My grandma's neighbours has triplets boys! Their mom had to leash them when they go to the mall bcos they run off in 3 different directions and she couldn't handle it. I hope I won't need the leash but I told my MIL and HB I will get one if necessary. Hee!

Yup, I'm mentally prepared for all the comparisons that will come. That's why I decided they will not always dress the same. Must emphasize on individuality from young.
kao_wink.gif

twin - luckily those girls are very well behaved until today. Earlier days are indeed hell for my aunt as they took turn &amp; sometimes cried together as if they were communicating.

When 2 of them got into a good school after getting their PSLE, immediately my aunt requested the principle to get the 3rd one in as well. It worked after all.

The girls are currently still getting fantastic results. I wonder if they are always exchanging ideas since the frequency is the same. Oh, all the girls are wearing spectacles now hahaha

vivi c - sorry about the last minute change of plan. My hubby came home too early today, that's why. He is afraid that the poor air quality will affect me. Now I am under house prison, with all the window closed.

Actually there's no need to worry about me. Normally I will go out on my own, regardless where it is. My tummy is not so big hence don't really need someone to be by my side at this moment. Thanks anyway.

Hi ladies, my twins are 17th month now, i stay in Sembawang drive. Another Sembawang's mommy. I am a working mother.
Now i m particularly paying attention for a pre-school or a half day CC for them.

Hi twins_MTB, congrats on the twins. I admired your courage of taking care of the 2. Are you getting help for the first 2 month?

Hi ennen
Welcome! Wow, your twins are getting to CC soon! You must have come a long way.
happy.gif
Are yours boys, girls or combi? Which part of Sembawang Drive are you staying?

I'll have a confinement lady and my MIL for the first month, then my sis (full time home maker w/out kids) and MIL will take turns to come over for the subsequent months. My dad (a retiree) will also popped by if I can't handle. He's very domesticated, so he can help me with cooking and chores, but not the kids though. That's the plan for the time being. Praying that the twins will be easy to take care.
happy.gif

Hi twins_mtd,

coincidentally i stay in blk415...
Yes it's a long way, but still long way coming as well. Mine is a combi, a girl and a boy.

wow i am glad that u have many helpers. No joke to take care of them for the 1st 2 months. I had rest for the first month, still i suffered abit of backache. Luckily it went off after i put on the OSIM tummy belt..

Dont worry, just enjoy them. Like me...

Ya, I'm trying to enjoy my last few moments before the babies arrive. After that will be a long journey ahead. Hee...

Will get tips from you if I need, ya? ;p

Sure, u are welcome!

Can i share 1 quick one now? Remember to train them sleeping early.. You know why? Once their sleeping pattern is fixed up, you are able to manage your time better. My twins they knock out at 8pm daily.

Then i spend time with hb or myself, or surfing net..

However pls rest on your back as much as possible afterbirth for at least 40days okie?

Hi ennen,
Welcome to this thread. I'm a SAHMTB now. Wow you are very capable to train your kids to sleep so early. That's wonderful. Seems like twin's got another tip helper hehehe

Wow so many mummies + mummies to be in Sembawang
happy.gif

Hi Twins_MTB - your delivery is this month
happy.gif
must be excited!! heard from my gf water retention is terrible feeling

Hi Van - 2nd trimester meaning how many months? i abit blur (oh yes, please keep me informed of coming sales for Baby Fair)

i bought my maternity pants from SPRING (i cant wear my office pants anymore) morning ok but by afternoon + evening the tummy seems to grow

i didnt know i have morning sickness (coz no vomit) until Dr Ang asked if i feel like vomit, bloated, no appetite, ( i told him Yes, especially at night i dont like to eat) he said this is nausea (if include vomit) will be worse
sad.gif

i told him this is already unbearable coz my whole body very itchy!

do u have any crvings?

My Delivery Date is early May 07 (thats what Dr Ang said) have you bought any baby stuff?

Hi JJ
my appt in the evening (after 8pm) i asked for evening slot U?

Tks. I forgot how we fixed their sleeping pattern actually.
I remembered that when they were 2months old, they still cried for milk 3 hrly. I was like not getting enough sleep and abit of stress that time. Also my twins didn't ask for milk at the same time. So i practically not having enough rest at night for the 2nd month.
That time my MIL went to help her daughter, she's outstation.
So left me and maid only during the day time until my hb came home.
Luckily my mom/sisters came n helped me. I must say, helpers are the more the merrier!
May be due to not enough rest or what, we got no energy to play with them at night, so before their 3rd month, they suddenly just slept through after the last milk time 8pm, until 2-3am the next morning.
That's a bonus then for me, because they didn't wake for at 11pm..
So they are still like this more of the time today.

Hi ennen

Welcome......so nice hor to have combi boy and girl twins. who is helping u look after ur kids when u working? I am also working full time. about chaotic on my caregiver arrangements.
hmmmm.....u r looking for cc so early? aren't u afraid that the kids will be easily prone to illnesses?
I did consider letting my elder son go to cc half day, but my mum disagree after hearing stories fm aunties of how kid can very easily sick.....so now he is attending 2 hrly pre-pre nursery.

Hi van

dun worry abt it.....
happy.gif
its naturally for hb to be anxious. good for u. told u will be one leave tat from 24th onwards, so maybe can arrange to meet on 25th instead. cos will be bringing my 2nd son to jab on 26th. sms me ok. hey who else is seeing gynea on 25th maybe can arrange to meet all of u as well.
happy.gif

Hey twins

i totally agree wif ennen tat its real adv to train bb to sleep early. so maybe like how I suggested previously do a routine for them like bathe or wipe them clean earlier change into clean clothings and feed them then make them sleep. bb will usually want to sleep and sleep longer after bath or when they are cleaned.
not to worry too much, we are always here just let us know if got problem, can help u to think of something.
o my colleague's water bag burst like last night or this early morning now in labour, she opted for epidural......giving birth at NUH.....

Hi JJ

knock knock, u signed in today? great news, I finally met my neighbour this morning re. the bb sitting thingy. she said she is not doing it now cos she doing PT work. but her fren just asked her to look out for mothers who need bb sitters. this lady is staying at the block across the street opp my block directly, so its quite near u too. let me know if u interested I'll PM u my neighbour's number u can try contacting her.

Vivi C

Thanks for helping me to ask your neighbour. Please PM me the contact. Do you have any idea what are the questions should I need to ask? BTW, what is the market rate for bb sitting now?

Van, LYMing
I m working on 25th and appointment is 7.25pm

Hi ladies - Happy Lantern Festival!

JJ &amp; LYMing - I guess u gals can go ahead &amp; arrange to meet each other since both of your appointment with Lawrence is so much nearer. I will update my appt again once I got the next date.

LYMing - no worries, some ladies will get morning sickness whereas some will not. It depends on their own body of how to adjust to the pregnancy hormones. Even my own sister is totally different from my case kekeke.

I do have food craving but it just comes &amp; goes. 1st trimester I hated plain water, milk yet loved ribena &amp; milo. I disliked all the food that my mum had cooked. I craved for fried rice for a couple of days, pineapple for about a week, bread for a short while.

As I had told you, my pregnancy sickness sucks! The moment the food went down into my stomach, immediately my taste bud turned blend as if I didn't eat anything at all. I am not sleepy nor tired &amp; was feeling very easily frustrated. I vomited when I smell something &amp; vomited again even after taken the food. So right now at my 2nd trimester, things have changed again. Same goes for my food, likes &amp; dislikes, sleeping pattern etc etc The only permanent damage: until today I can't take any medication as I'm totally tuned off &amp; vomit. Fyi I didn't take any folic or vitamins pills at all.

The whole pregnancy consists of: 1st, 2nd &amp; 3rd trimester, each lasting about 3 months respectively. 1st trimester is where most pregnancy sickness comes in, no worries as this stage the baby will not absorb nutrients from you yet. It is only from 2nd trimester onwards, the baby will start developing their organs, absorbing whatever you have eaten. By 20th week onwards, you will most likely go for the detail scan which meticulously shows the condition of the baby's internal organs, sex, heart condition etc etc. At the same time you can look forward for baby's kicking. As for my case it's around 22nd week. Let me know if there's anything else you want to find out.

Vivi c
I do not mind meeting up this coming 25th for a meal or two. Anyway taking leave is to enjoy isn't it hahaha.... Congrats to your colleague, wow she must be enjoying the lovely lantern festival now, cheers!

Does anyone knows whether do we need to produce the baby's birth cert to register for injection? What if we need to consult the fengshui master?

Hi hi... Its Mooncake/Lantern Festival today!!!

Vivi_C,
Your colleague must be delighted to have her baby born today. Maybe babies born on mooncake festival can eat free mooncakes in future. hahaha...

ennen,
Ya, agree with you. The more helpers the merrier. Cannot imagine doing it alone ah. Some more I'm not young leh. Hee... Will definitely try to train babies to sleep early. Else, I'll never have time to do my own things.

Van &amp; LYMing,
You should really meet up on 25th. I dun think I can join you ladies, cos I hope I would have delivered by then. Hee!

LYMing,
Everyone gets different symptoms during pregnancy. In fact, every preganancy is different for the same person even. So just go with the flow and try to enjoy every bit of the journey. I was throwing up everything, feeling breathless and getting blackouts from the 6th week. The normal scan only showed one hearbeat then, so Dr. Ang concluded I had raging hormones. Then he found the twin in my 10th week, which explains why I get double dosage of everything. The whole ordeal last till my 17th week then I begin to see the "light".
happy.gif
After that, I had no problem eating and moving about, until 32nd week, when water retention started and tummy expanded to my stomach area. Can't move around freely and have to eat bit by bit (like a hamster). But I'm still enjoying my Empress Dowager lifestyle. Hahaha...
biggrin.gif

Hi JJ

yours quite near to me - i am likely to see him at 8pm coz i work late ...very likely to bump into u
happy.gif

Hi Van

yes, i get irriated easily (i also have backacne at this stage) *sian*

do u gals have block nose? i have block nose day n night ...urggh.....

where do u gals shop for maternity clothes?

Hi Twins

yes, i am hoping i will get better each day - coz evening i dont feel like eating everything look so blend to me - i prefer chilli spicy sour stuff in the afternoon (at least i can eat) by night time i dont like to eat

LYMing - I shop everywhere: the moment I knew I was pregnant, sizes and cuttings become an issue for me. Fyi at 2nd trimester I am wearing S-L size, depending on the cutting so it's really up to you whether to wear maternity brand's clothings or not. It's the feel that counts. So far I seldom buy maternity brand's clothings as they are pretty ex and come on we just wear these for a couple of months and after which got to keep it in the cupboard. So long there's sales I will go there for a pop, these are the times where lesser people will vie with us for sizes hahaha.... Don't buy too much as you are not sure what is your size going to be. Moderate purchase is strongly advised.

Listening to music helps to relax oneself. Oh yah I have slight depression during my 1st trimester too, almost going to do foolish thing all by myself. Luckily I pick up my steps earlier phew... music does help me in one way or another.

As for block nose, I do have it on-off. What I do is try to take in deep breath during morning time as it is the freshest moment. You can try this while walking to MRT station. As for backache, I will try to do some light body stretching to myself, I don't think you can do this until your 1st trimester is over. Another thing is to check your own posture, regardless you are walking, standing &amp; sitting. It maybe due to work nature as well.

It's norm to have blend taste. Take it easy, at least you don't vomit like the way I did hahaha. Do try going to supermarket or shopping centre, look out for the food section &amp; buy things you may consider to eat. There will be some things which you will like to try it out at home at that split second.

I remembered there was once during my 1st trimester my hubby ate those pig organs. Shit I vomitted in front of him! In the end, we ate at separate table as far apart as possible from each other kekeke. Until today he still didn't dare to touch that in front of me.

Hi LYMing
Dun worry, everytings will be ok after 1st trimester, drink plenty of water to prevent dehydrate

Me too had very bad nausea during my pregnency, i vomited everything i eat and lost 3kg during my 1st trimester and things turn better after 2nd trimester.. i became meat eater and dun touch veggie at all, cannot eat at foodcourt throughout my pregnancy as cant stand the smell and had to apply x-oil whenever i go in, most of my meal was settle at fastfood rest esp Mac
lame.gif

Hi JJ

Has already PM u. Check ur email account see if u rec'd my PM. o then when u gotten the contacts of the bb sitter, impt is let her know ur requirement, like when u would like her to take care, mon-fri? how about the nights? weekends? or if got adhoc times u need help, is she willing to do it? also like when bb is older on solids, will she increase charges? then I also think u need to like go to her place and check out see if u like it, things like hygiene also quite impt lor. o my neighbour said this lady has a daughter on her own also not sure how old. maybe u can check too. think the mkt rate should be around $500-$600? think is not low.

Hi Van and Twins

Not sure if my colleague care today is mid authum festival cos she quite ang mo pai and her hb fm Germany. but some pple dun really like birthdays to be on big festivals cos not good for the ming (life).

vivi c - o isitz? I'm not too sure, it think it depends on individual. Alot of my ex colleagues are from all parts of the world, they love festivals!

Hi Van

For polyclinics they will usually want to keep a copy if the birth cert even PD from public hospitals like SGH and KKH. think should be the same for private PD. but not to worry if no birth cert, they will temp register bb as s/o or d/o the mother. then when u got the name and register for birth cert then produce again for their records. anyway, u also can't drag too long cos u need to register for the birth cert within 14 days of the birth of child. and also things like bb bonus forms and all will be given to u when u discharge and can submit together when u register for the birth cert. just have to read and bring all the nec documents there. have to bring more imptly the marriage cert, ic of both parents......there are some other stuff as well.

Hee.....Van

They like festivals but not sure if they like their child to be born on big festivals. think chinese dun really like. tat's why I say my colleague ang mo pai dun really care whether her child born on festival or not. quite neutral I mean.......

vivi c - actually all of us love festivals coz it means holiday. Hurray! Happy Lantern Festival to all the kids &amp; mums ......

Yes Van......I love festivals too....but not so much now cos my hb is self-employed and he does biz now on public holidays. this means its only me and the kids......slog......slog........and got to be stressed by the maid somemore.......
sad.gif

realy sad sometimes.......

vivi c - no worries at least the kids are around to accompany you. Even your husband is not free, it's also for the sake of the family. Cheer up my friend. It's good to hear that your hubby bothers about the family. You can go to yahoo &amp; play games too hehehe this is part of my daily lifestyle kekeke. You can teach your elder son how to appreciate your hubby e.g. giving him a peck at his chin when he is back from work or guide your elder son to "massage" your hubby. Try these out! Cheers.

Hi Van,
Yes, has given birth on Children's Day, 01 Oct
happy.gif

Wat confinement listing do you need? Can PM me instead cos hor, nowsday I have no time to login here. I will reply here then, so everyone can share (I try my best hor).
My bb jaundice level went up to 15 yesterday and PD wanted her to admit to TMC, so I have been running between home and TMC to deliver EBM.

Hi dorayaki,
It's Dr Ang's encouragement! He told me I can do it w/o epidural.
If you are trying for natural delivery, try to take some tonics to bu qi. You need a lot of energy to push the 2 princesses
happy.gif

I've chosen Dr Ong WH. He's very good. My 1st gal's PD is Dr Keoy, I dun like him.

Hi cclyn,
Nice to see you here!

Hi Jenny,
Welcome back! Congratulation on your delivery. I'm sure you must be having your confinement now. I will PM you my email in a short while. Having 2 kids now isn't a joking matter. Let's say if I'm free, can I go &amp; visit you? Hehehe u know I'm SAHMTB so can still afford the time till Jan'07, let me know.

Baby jaundice is very common. I'm very happy to hear that you still EBM to your darling. It's worth it! Keep going, very soon your baby can get over with the help of almighty BM!

Regarding Dr.Ong WH, can you tell us more about him? I'm not familiar at all.....

Back