Seeking advices regarding cheating spouse to help my depressed mum

joojochan

Hi fellow mummies/users,

I'm writing this in hope to seek some advices for my mother.

My father, whom I'll refer to as sperm donor as been having an affair was a married woman, with a daughter in Batam for close more than a decade already I believe. It started when I was in primary 2, and now, I'm already in my early 20s. The affair was only exposed 4 years ago. When it first exposed, the sperm donor actually showed some remorse and promised to change. Things started improving, he was starting to treat my mum well again but after sometime, it was back to square one. Since then, he has been treating my mum beyond shit and it hurts me so much to see my mum suffering so much and leading such a miserable life because of them both.

Even till this point, the sperm donor doesn't feel that he has done anything wrong and have the audacity to treat my mum so bad. When my mum cried and pleaded him to not go to Batam to find that bitch, he actually replied with a, "NO!". He has businesses in Batam and the funniest thing is, he and the bitch's husband are doing business with each other.

Things have been getting worser and worser for my mum and she's suffering from a major depression from these episodes. Just 2 months ago, she had attempted suicide (not the first time) and was hospitalized for close to 2 weeks. Right now, she's back to work, but is working only half day everyday because of her condition so that means, her pay's being cut off...

I strongly encourage my mum to seek for a divorce but whats been stopping her from doing so all these years is because of "money", as quoted from her.... I hope to seek some advices from you guys on how I should help my mum, and this matter.

Some (out of the many) shit the sperm donor did to my mum

- Scolded my mum when the bitch told him that my mum called her on the phone to scold her when it was the other way round. The bitch would constantly harass my mum through text messages and phone calls to **** with her emotions.

- Just earlier, the sperm donor actually scolded her for emailing pictures of them to the bitch (bitch gotten them from my mum's fb) to "show off", when in actual fact, my mum hadn't sent any emails at all! The bitch's been feeding bullshit to the sperm donor.

- Sperm donor has changed the address for all his credit card bills, phone bills, whatever letters to his office.

- He and my mum no longer has a joint account. He took back his i-banking devices and also cancelled my mum's credit card under him

- He's still blatantly texting the bitch at home, IN the living room everyday between 9pm and 10pm. And still make trips to Batam on weekends, though he claims they are all for work purposes.

- He's always using nasty tone to talk to my mum, calling her useless, telling her that she has no rights to ask where he's going/his whereabouts.

Basically, he's just leading a happy life while my mum's suffering so much. Same goes to the manipulative bitch. Sperm donor actually believes that the daughter's his because

1. She told him she had married her current husband all because her very sick mum wants to see her married and she's only married to him for the status, no feelings.

2. They sleep in a separate room.

My mum asked them to do a DNA test but the bitch strongly refuses...

I'd like ask if, with evidences (videos and photos) of him committing an adultery, would my mum get to receive a higher maintenance fee if she was to seek for a divorce? My brothers and I are over the age of 18, (I'm still schooling whereas they have both entered the working force) so he's not obligated to pay monthly to support the children am I right?

Also, would it be possible to get him to pay for my mum's treatment for her depression if proven that he's the cause for it?

If evidences like photos and videos do help to seek for a higher maintenance feel, could anyone provide me with some reliable, yet not really pricey PI contacts?

Thank You.

u have to take it one step at a time.

If really there is no way of salvaging the relationship then u have t make sure everything is ok with your mum before proceeding to the next steps.

Try to get hold of assets your sperm donor have in Singapore and overseas.

Get the evidence u needs.

then file a divorce.

claim against that sperm donor, for maintenance and get as much as possible from the division of his assest.

cut off from him once a divorce is granted.

let your mother have time and space to recover

Unless both are legally registered married in singapore ... a sperm donor responsibilities ends when egg is fertilized n paid off.

There is absolutely no grounds of divorce let alone claiming his assets.

Back