Review of Deerland Preschool @ Block 199 Toa Payoh North

endi

Hi parents,
I'm having a space for infant care at Deerland Preschool. Currently my 9month old baby is at Nurturestars Toa Payoh and thinking whether to switch. The cost saving is very substantial as we don't have subsidy. From $1,700 down to $1,200.

I visited the centers, Deerland is not as spacious as Nurturestars. That's all I took away basically. Do you have your child attending infant care at Deerland, could you kindly share your thoughts about hygiene, service, communication ect..?

Also as first time mom, I dont have much experience but I think infant care no need a fancy school coz they are just crawling playing with toys? Should save up to invest more for nursery and up right? lend me some advice if you can. Thanks :)

Hi parents,
I'm having a space for infant care at Deerland Preschool. Currently my 9month old baby is at Nurturestars Toa Payoh and thinking whether to switch. The cost saving is very substantial as we don't have subsidy. From $1,700 down to $1,200.

I visited the centers, Deerland is not as spacious as Nurturestars. That's all I took away basically. Do you have your child attending infant care at Deerland, could you kindly share your thoughts about hygiene, service, communication ect..?

Also as first time mom, I dont have much experience but I think infant care no need a fancy school coz they are just crawling playing with toys? Should save up to invest more for nursery and up right? lend me some advice if you can. Thanks :)
Hi, I'm considering to put my baby at Deerland.. Can I check if ur child is there? How is it?

Hi, I was thinking to put my child there. But a friend of mine said not to because she shared with me her bad experience.. so ending up registering at pcf to start next year..

Hi, I was thinking to put my child there. But a friend of mine said not to because she shared with me her bad experience.. so ending up registering at pcf to start next year..
Would you mind sharing about your friend's bad experience? I am in the midst of considering the childcare centers in toa payoh north area... this is the place nearest to my home and I have done some research....

My friend's son has enrolled into this childcare; these are some positive and negative comments about this childcare that I've gathered:

1. Their teaching method like kindergarten 20 years ago, traditional teaching approach, lesser of play based environment. To some parents this may be a pro; however would this really good and works for nursery children today?

2. Young teachers there are patient and friendly, and the children really like them. However for the senior one... too many “MUST” this and that….lack of TLC… their mood can clearly show in the face.... Lol…

3. Though they are offering bilingual programme, however they are mostly Chinese teachers, only the principal is teaching English. (Not sure if this is true? can share?)

4. No transparency in terms of programmes….all was told verbally. Parents were not given the teaching programmes in written, not given the timetable in written, not given the daily meal details in written, and parents wasn't allowed to snap the photo to keep a copy too. Why ahhh? Isn’t it good to let parents have clear mind of what their kiddo does/ eat in the school every day….?

5. My friend was there for the first few days (first half of the day), based on her observation, no habit of teaching the kids to wash hand before and after meal...and don’t really encourage them to drink more water… (Or they expect 2 year old kiddo to take initiative to ask for it?) any feedback?

6. No proper introduction of the teachers… expecting parents to know who is who….? Lol

Any parent out there can share their experience too? Thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited:
My 3 kids attended deer land, eldest graduated there.. 2 younger ones sadly have to change school caused we moved out of area.
Honestly, I don’t really know what they learn weekly except for the letter showing the topics of the term.
Only after my eldest graduated I see that she can cope well in her Primary 1 (I.e: reading spelling and writing). So I personally feel deerland did help my kid progress well.
Con: not much phonics, interaction with parents very minimal.

I’m not particular about food served, or how he Teacher teaches, as Long can handle the kids and guide them through is fine:)
At home to teach one child already vomit blood, let alone a group of them ‍♀️

And my kids all remember their Teachers, and misses them!!!!

Back