Rashes on baby's face

huiqi16

My baby has very bad rashes on his cheecks and specially his cheeks.

The rashes looks very itchy and red.

brought baby to see PD and was given some cream.. it got better the first few times but subsequently baby's rashes got worst.

any mummies experience this too and any recommendation to apply for baby's rashes??

My PD gave us Elomet, a kind of steroid cream. Takes time to heal but keep applying every night and it will go away after one week. Make baby wear mittens to prevent them from scratching or rubbing cheeks.

Hi qiqi,
I think that is Eczema, you may refer to some of topics on eczema.

Hi Angie,
Steroid cream can be applied too often/much as there is some side effect.

Hi Angie,
Sorry, should be "Steroid cream CAN'T be applied too often/much as there is some side effect.

is ur baby allergic to fomula in the 1st place?

the rashes can b due to tt

my baby ve tt b4 also cos formula... once we stop for awhile she is ok alr...

so u gt to check with ur pd

My baby had some rashes on her face and neck area occassionally too, sometimes i apply aloe vera gel on her and it goes away quite quickly. I've also brought her to see a GP, he says its quite common and should not be too worried about it. Try to keep her skin clean and wipe her with a wet cloth everytime after her feed. Hope this helps.

Hi thasy,

I dont think my bb is allergy to formula as I only feed him formula only once to twice a day and the rest of the times, breast milk.

I wanted to stop giving him Formula for sometime but MIL insists that I should give him on a daily basis so that he will adapt to the taste of the formula, sould I stop breast feed him one day.

Hi jane,

I do clean bb's face with a wet cloth after every feed, but he still gets the rashes on his cheek and chin area.

Maybe it's the food that you're consuming. Someone told me that it could be due to the "heatiness" of my body (esp when eating all those confinement food) that got transferred to baby. I doubt it's to do with cleaning the face since you seem to be doing a good job in that area. But dont worry, it'll go away.

my PD gave Fusicort (spell?)and did mention due to allergy to formula from breast milk. but dont worry, it will go away eventually. impt is keep clean & keep dry. also if poss have the babe in a cool area as the babe will feel itch.

my baby has rashes very frequently, but nothing seems to help. applied aloe vera, poweder, but does not cure. anyone got suggestions?

i know this might sound weird, but i was taught by my neighbour auntie that... mum can use their own saliva (b4 brushing teeth) to apply on the bb's face, then the rashes will go away after some time... old wives saying, but no harm trying rite... it works on my boy's face, but i'm not sure if its bcoz of this onot lar, haha...

We use a light anti-fungal lotion whenever there's rash/ringworm....

The saliva method was used by many old folks - i forgot all about this until I chanced upon this thread! Maybe it's the enzymes that work?

Back