Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi GiGi, as promised, my summary as follows :)

ooooh seee? i told you empty follies has a name empty follies syndrome and in my country they say its impossible its human mistake (or yes product deficient etc;..)!
sooo what are you going to do for dhea? am confused also one say white the other one say black!
i feel it gives me headache (progesterone does that to me as well when swallowed) so i think i am going to ask loh if i can take only at night

Zz sfbfbytjy
@MachoBaby but you had not done HSG prior to your IVF?:eek: I thought it was compulsory ! I Feel we all did it here with wong
No I didn't do it...wasn't asked to...only this visit to DrLoh I was asked to & DrFoong didn't ask me to during my consultation, he asked me to do blood test Nov. GiGi, what do I expect for HSG ? Painful?

ooooh seee? i told you empty follies has a name empty follies syndrome and in my country they say its impossible its human mistake (or yes product deficient etc;..)!
sooo what are you going to do for dhea? am confused also one say white the other one say black!
i feel it gives me headache (progesterone does that to me as well when swallowed) so i think i am going to ask loh if i can take only at night
Am confused about DHEA too but Loh feels it is so effective for us, he gave me some material to read on & says to get from 21stCentury (brand) as it's reputable pharm...iherb (u know about it right?) also he says can get it from Hong Kong's GNC. I will start with 25mg before going to 50mg & see how I react, let's keep each other posted on this matter ok. Also, he prefers I try ivf only after 3mths ;)

Zz sfbfbytjy
No I didn't do it...wasn't asked to...only this visit to DrLoh I was asked to & DrFoong didn't ask me to during my consultation, he asked me to do blood test Nov. GiGi, what do I expect for HSG ? Painful?
oooh this is mad - foong probably assumed you had done it before no??
well HSG has been painful for me you can browse previous posts about it i had bleeding for 3 days! i has it done in my home country and it hurt me when they placed the speculum but i must say wong did place the speculum for my egg transfer and i did not feel anything - this man is very gentle! - anyway once done they do inject a liquid to check if your tubes are clear or not - the pain is like period pain really bearable - obviously ivf is useless if your tubes are blocked (your embryo cannot leave the ovary and implant - so i dont understand why they did not do it to u (!?!)
i understand you shift to loh?
you know i feel wong was also very experienced but true he does not propose much for low amh girls like us maybe loh is more 'pushy' i dont know honestly

Zz sfbfbytjy
well HSG has been painful for me you can browse previous posts about it i had bleeding for 3 days! i has it done in my home country and it hurt me when they placed the speculum but i must say wong did place the speculum for my egg transfer and i did not feel anything - this man is very gentle! - anyway once done they do inject a liquid to check if your tubes are clear or not - the pain is like period pain really bearable - obviously ivf is useless if your tubes are blocked (your embryo cannot leave the ovary and implant - so i dont understand why they did not do it to u (!?!)
i understand you shift to loh?
you know i feel wong was also very experienced but true he does not propose much for low amh girls like us maybe loh is more 'pushy' i dont know honestly

I will do HSG with Loh but yet to decided about IVF with whom
Loh seems more innovative & willing to explore options plus I think he has connections with Thailand for ivf & Donor egg resources. What about you...going to Loh for ivf? He is open for discussion, it seems he says if keen to do scrapping or growth hormone can let him know BEFORE ivf month so that he can go through if it's applicable & when to do it before start of ivf cycle.

cheeka, congrats! Enjoy your pregnancy!

machobaby, technical error?!! Now you make me wonder if is technical error for my case as i retrieved 7 follies but only 2 matured. Last time with Dr Loh, I have 9 follies with 8 matured. Great difference. I have decided to go back to Dr Loh for 2nd opinion too. Haha. So you intend to go with which doc?

Gigi and machobaby, I don't understand why we need to do HSG prior to IVF? I thought if your tubes are blocked, the only way to conceived is via IVF? And since we are going through IVF, it doesn't matter if your tubes are blocked, right?

cheeka, congrats! Enjoy your pregnancy!

machobaby, technical error?!! Now you make me wonder if is technical error for my case as i retrieved 7 follies but only 2 matured. Last time with Dr Loh, I have 9 follies with 8 matured. Great difference. I have decided to go back to Dr Loh for 2nd opinion too. Haha. So you intend to go with which doc?

Gigi and machobaby, I don't understand why we need to do HSG prior to IVF? I thought if your tubes are blocked, the only way to conceived is via IVF? And since we are going through IVF, it doesn't matter if your tubes are blocked, right?
BBblues, my understanding is that HSG is to check if tubes are blocked & Loh wanted me to go on DHEA & try conceive naturally during the 3mth wait before the start of my 2nd ivf. He mentioned that some of his patients somehow conceive naturally immediately after they "flushed their tubes" so he wants me to try....probably he saw I have like taken 4nos. Of growth hormones already LOL just kidding about the GH part ;) I think NUH didn't do HSG for me previously because they wanted me start straight with IVF

lol listen when they explained to me it seemed obvious now am confused!
i think this is to see if all clear inside tubes lining and all
about side effects bbblues are you ok?? i feel sooo dizzy

BBblues, you did ivf with Loh before? How does it work? He explains to you what he is doing or it's very much like NUH? I am more inclined to him. NUH don't seem keen to do me again as was told "no eggs so mean no future tries for ivf" as for Foong, my goodness the car park is already a nightmare! Also, seems Foong wants to stimulate gently & he tells me no need to take any supplements just carry on as usual whilst I tend to believe there are things we can do to make our body more receptive....will give it more thoughts. I have previously seen Dr Noel Leong....he is such pessimist, I was in tears when I left his clinic cos I feel i am hopeless at my age, no remote chance of my own child. Dr Roland Chieng insist that I have cysts & tubes inflamed want me do keyhole surgery despite my not having any symptoms at all...I then proceed to NUH to confirm that I indeed do not have any of the above which lead to my 1st IVF with NUH....that's my ivf journey ;)

GiGi, call Loh & check if you should continue with DHEA....seems you react badly to it...what brand? Loh did tell me 21stCentury brand that can be found on iherb

H ladies,

I'm asking a stupid question.
All the long I'm a IUI susdize patient in nuh. After 3 time of fail IUI, we decide to proceed to ivf instead.
Today I went for a ivf consultation with the nurses n planning to switch to private.
Been told that if I switch n decide on Prof Wong, I only need to pay first consultation fee n the rest of the treatment is including in the ivf package.

I understand there will be alot of follow up tests, scan n consultation too. Does it including in the ivf package?
Or I need take more cash for each consultation too?

Machobaby yes i sent him an email if no answer i ll phone Tom morning - i had already bought the brand natrol - indeed i react like with utrogestan(progesterone) : headache fatigue dizzy

Waouh reading your story this is Scary to see how they can diagnose us wrongly - anyway give it a try !

Cheeka: congrats. Grabbing ye baby dusts. Pls share with us your protocol and what you did this cycle. Happy nine months ahead.

lol listen when they explained to me it seemed obvious now am confused!
i think this is to see if all clear inside tubes lining and all
about side effects bbblues are you ok?? i feel sooo dizzy

gigi, I don't feel giddy. Maybe also because I only take 50mg per day. You might want to start small dosage then slowly increase? Dr Loh is usually very responsive with emails. Hope he reply you soon.

BBblues, my understanding is that HSG is to check if tubes are blocked & Loh wanted me to go on DHEA & try conceive naturally during the 3mth wait before the start of my 2nd ivf. He mentioned that some of his patients somehow conceive naturally immediately after they "flushed their tubes" so he wants me to try....probably he saw I have like taken 4nos. Of growth hormones already LOL just kidding about the GH part ;) I think NUH didn't do HSG for me previously because they wanted me start straight with IVF

Oh, then it makes sense to check your tubes if you trying naturally. Can ask if your HB has any fertility issues too?

BBblues, you did ivf with Loh before? How does it work? He explains to you what he is doing or it's very much like NUH? I am more inclined to him. NUH don't seem keen to do me again as was told "no eggs so mean no future tries for ivf" as for Foong, my goodness the car park is already a nightmare! Also, seems Foong wants to stimulate gently & he tells me no need to take any supplements just carry on as usual whilst I tend to believe there are things we can do to make our body more receptive....will give it more thoughts. I have previously seen Dr Noel Leong....he is such pessimist, I was in tears when I left his clinic cos I feel i am hopeless at my age, no remote chance of my own child. Dr Roland Chieng insist that I have cysts & tubes inflamed want me do keyhole surgery despite my not having any symptoms at all...I then proceed to NUH to confirm that I indeed do not have any of the above which lead to my 1st IVF with NUH....that's my ivf journey ;)

Yes, I was with Dr loh for my first cycle. The process is about the same as NUH. Dr Loh will do the scan then the nurse will brief you on the dosage. The main difference with NUH is that your HB get to go for the ET with you. And you get to see your embryos before they are transferred into you. And oh, Dr Loh prefers day 2 transfer. Did Dr Loh suggest long or short protocol for you? Did you ask him about endo scrapping?

So does it means that small size follicles could have eggs just that they may not be mature?
I dont Know according to foong a follicule of 18 has an egg And supposedly mature !
I beleive each follie has an egg the embryologist flush the follies to remove eggs the bad quality eggs stay stuck its what i understood

Hi ladies,

I have some extra/leftover medicines to let go. Please pm if keen

1) Dostinex/Cabergoline 0.5mg - 4 & 1/2 pcs Exp: 04/2014

2) Metformin 500mg - 25pcs Exp 07/2014

3) Progynova 2mg - 16pcs Exp: 06/2017

4) Estradem MX 50 - 1pc Exp 05/2014

5) Conceive Well Gold - for 11days Exp Nov/2013

6) Red Raspberry Leaves 450mg x 100capsules ( 1 unopened bottle & 1 about 85% left over ) Exp: 04/2018 & 03/2018

7) BD Ultra Fine II 1cc Insulin Syringe - 8 pcs

Cheeka: congrats. Grabbing ye baby dusts. Pls share with us your protocol and what you did this cycle. Happy nine months ahead.

Thank you ladies!

Mesara, I was on gonal-f, but due to risk of OHSS, my trigger was suprefact.
Was put on crinone, estrofem, and progresterone injections for support.
I only put back 1 embryo because of the advice that I received. What I did during 2ww:
- Drink two bottles of chicken essence
- Eat durian on alternate days
- Drink 2 coconuts (I read that coconut is a natural electrolytes and hydrating to the body)
- Eat selenium supplement everyday
- Eat the following vitamins on alternate days: B complex, C, E, folic acid
- Watch dvd, light house chores, sleep, rest, sometimes go out with friends
- No heavy lifting, avoid squatting
- I had mild sore boobs during 2ww but it went away, which made me sad. I tot it sure fails.

Syrian, good luck for your HPT. You are testing HPT today right? I didn't have the guts to test HPT. I only tested after the BT, and at the end, it was only a faint positive.

Congrats Cheeka! So Happy for you especially I know what you've been through from the 2ww thread to this thread! I actually shed tears of joy when Hopemiracle texted me! Welcome to the preggy club and all the best to you! Hope you have a smooth journey.

Hello girls
Bbblues And machobaby he replies back and
He asked me to reduce my intake to 50mg And suggested to take at night
Lets see !

congrats cheeka!!! grab grab the baby dust!!! thank you!

may i check how long is the whole thing for ER? like after the procedure, how long to rest before can discharge? thank you...

Miric, I dunno how long my ER took cos under GA... But I wake up within 45 min after GA...

My ET was less than 10 min... V fast cos my blabber was full to max and almost burst !!! Doc was able to transfer the embryos within 5 min.... Phew...

Good afternoon ladies! Just woke up from a nap, sigh, I always get depressed after an afternoon nap, cos I get so lethargic n I feel like the world is moving by n I'm standing still... It's a symptom of a workaholic I think, jia lat :oops:

Miric, I can give u the exact timeline for my ER scheduled for 8.30am:

7am - admitted to day surgery ward
8am - waited outside the OT, got the IV plug inserted
8.30am - entered the OT
8.45am - Dr Anu arrived, GA administered, zzzzzz
9.10am - woke up in the recovery ward
9.30am - pushed back to the room
12.40pm - Dr arrived to update on no. of eggs
1.30pm - nurse brings in medication, discharged.

U can jab the suprefact either side. Has your ER been confirmed? All the best babe!

Sunshine, should be ok bah, I asked the doc yesterday before my ET, bloatedness is a side effect from all the follicles releasing fluids upon ER, twitching is because the whole area is still very tender n sensitive.

Haze02, u only need to pay cash for all the pre ivf bloodtest n first consultation, once u actually start on day 2 of your cycle, all visits/scans/blood tests no need to pay upfront, only on day of ET they give u a final bill, which is already less off the govt grant n medisave, so the cash portion is very very little.

Duffy how r u babe? Recovering ok?

bbcripps!!!! zzz untill shiok shiok leh? hahahha but that should the way.... rest and relax and insert all the pills @_@ I hope I can remember those inserts haha
yah, my ER will be this friday @ 12.30pm so suprefact tonight 12.30am.
Thank you so much for the detailed info! muacks!

Miric, no problem, all the best for your ER!! Actually hor, errr, I was at work this morning, heeeee, got urgent stuff to do so I told myself, one hour zoom in zoom out my body wouldn't even realized I'm at work *self denial* But of cos, once I get there, it's one thing after another, so I was out for 3 hrs, got back at 1.45pm n was super tired, so took a nap lor. My hubby was so mad at me, I had to swear on my life to him that I will behave for the next 2 days and not step anywhere near Raffles Place :p

Sunshine, hi 5, I'm a bookworm too! I go back to US every year to visit my in laws n I don't even turn on the in-flight entertainment system, I just read my whole way there n back. I feel a good book can pass the time faster than any movies. I was just commenting to my hubby that day while waiting at the women's clinic - I see a few ladies reading the Bible, self help books, motivational books, all so cultured, I will be the only one reading trashy novels like 50 Shades of Grey lor, jia lat! Haha.

Syrian, all the best got your hpt!! Waiting for your baby dusts :D

Cheeka, congrats to you :) Such a joy to hear the good news.

Sisters, a friend of mine who ttc together with me have conceived naturally. Both of us shared the same cordycepe recipe, we both conceive after 6 mths. Mine is through IVF but I think the recipe do help strengthen my body a lot. As I don't feel cold in aircon room and it improve my stamina. Told that cordycepe is good for woman who are too weak to take tonic as the body can't absorb.

I got it from http://sinchong.com.sg/ the branch at city square mall. Get the Tibet cordycepes
I and husband soak the cordecypes with a few slices of pao sheng overnight in thermal flusk and drink the water once a week. I think I bought a box for around $800plus after discount. Sometimes I brew it with few baosheng with slow cooker too for 4 hours. All the best sisters :)

Yes, I was with Dr loh for my first cycle. The process is about the same as NUH. Dr Loh will do the scan then the nurse will brief you on the dosage. The main difference with NUH is that your HB get to go for the ET with you. And you get to see your embryos before they are transferred into you. And oh, Dr Loh prefers day 2 transfer. Did Dr Loh suggest long or short protocol for you? Did you ask him about endo scrapping?
Hi BBblues, no Loh didn't mention protocol but advise next ivf should be 3mths later & to try naturally since I have all those growth hormones in me hence the HSG, my HB has slight motility issue. He says Endo scrapping is done if patient has implantation issues ;)

Hello girls
Bbblues And machobaby he replies back and
He asked me to reduce my intake to 50mg And suggested to take at night
Lets see !
Good to know! Seems he is quite responsive, with NUH it's like I hardly have chance to discuss with doc about anything ;)

Thanks mustard seed ! Will consider it next round :)
Machobaby yeah see very reactive lets see how it goes now ;)
Gd night ladies

Back