Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

You know on first day of progynova, i only ate one tablet a day. I didnt realize that i was supposed to eat 2 per day. Luckily the next day, i look at the schedule.
Hopefully everything is ok.
So most likely our ER will be 2 days apart.

You know on first day of progynova, i only ate one tablet a day. I didnt realize that i was supposed to eat 2 per day. Luckily the next day, i look at the schedule.
Hopefully everything is ok.
So most likely our ER will be 2 days apart.
First 2 days i also only taken one tab a day.. hahah

hello ladies....wondering if anyone has a bfp before on a day 3 embryo transfer? Thought its better to have a day 5 transfer but my day 5 will fall on a sunday so I am scheduled for a day 3 instead.

hello ladies....wondering if anyone has a bfp before on a day 3 embryo transfer? Thought its better to have a day 5 transfer but my day 5 will fall on a sunday so I am scheduled for a day 3 instead.

Hi there, my #1 was from a day 3 fresh cycle with Prof Wong. My #2 is from a day 4 FET.

Hi there, my #1 was from a day 3 fresh cycle with Prof Wong. My #2 is from a day 4 FET.

Hi thanks for your reply. Its very assuring to hear that cos I forgot to ask Prof why day 3. Was Prof the one who decide for you or it will depend on the growth of the fertilized eggs?

Wow so u only did 1 fresh cycle? Both u transferred only 1 embryo? Did u do endo scratch?

Haha I wish! My #1 is from my 3rd fresh cycle, I failed 2 fresh n 2 FET before that (one m/c on my first FET). Then I failed one more fresh n one more FET before getting my #2, so that was from my 4th FET. I think all the nurses in CHR know me by now. I put in 2 embryos each time. My m/c was twins, my #1 started out as twin but one stopped growing at wk 6. No, never tried endo scratching before.

Hi thanks for your reply. Its very assuring to hear that cos I forgot to ask Prof why day 3. Was Prof the one who decide for you or it will depend on the growth of the fertilized eggs?

In my case, I always had lotsa eggs retrieved, average around 20, but very few mature n poor fertilization rate. So each cycle only abt 3-5 satisfactory day 3 embryos. So I think not enough to go for day 5 transfer. FET is day 4 cos they will thaw my day 3 frozen embryos n make sure they are still growing before transferring them the next day. I think standard protocol for NUH is day 3. Unless u have a lot of eggs by day 3, then they will cultivate to day 5. They probably need at least 8-10 good ones before considering day 5.

In my case, I always had lotsa eggs retrieved, average around 20, but very few mature n poor fertilization rate. So each cycle only abt 3-5 satisfactory day 3 embryos. So I think not enough to go for day 5 transfer. FET is day 4 cos they will thaw my day 3 frozen embryos n make sure they are still growing before transferring them the next day. I think standard protocol for NUH is day 3. Unless u have a lot of eggs by day 3, then they will cultivate to day 5. They probably need at least 8-10 good ones before considering day 5.
I also had a recent mc with twins... I always didn't have many embryos but first 2 fresh at least managed to get 2-3 blast each. But 3rd fresh was a disaster where non survived! Totally unexpected

I also had a recent mc with twins... I always didn't have many embryos but first 2 fresh at least managed to get 2-3 blast each. But 3rd fresh was a disaster where non survived! Totally unexpected

Oh dear sorry to hear abt that. Could be this batch of eggs not so good, but don't give up, every batch is different, n sometimes when it seems like the odds are against u, miracles may just happen. For my #1, I was very sick after the ET. Only that particular cycle, I was so sick after the ER that I kept blacking out. But it turned out to be a success. The other cycles I was feeling so normal n strong, nothing happened. N for my #2, my 2 embbies were slow growing, only 10 cells n 12 cells on day 4, when they should be compacting already. But for some reason, one took, n in fact my 16dpo hcg was 3x the hcg for my #1! So jia you, hope your miracle is just around the corner!

Hi ladies, I'm a silent reader of this thread and also the main ivf/icsi thread.

I feel grateful for having this platform in my TTC journey, and really gained a lot knowledge here.
Just to share that today I tested bfp at nuh. It feels surreal till now. This is my 2nd ivf and first fet. First fresh in June this year failed.
By the way, I'm not with Prof, but just a subsidised patient. Saw different doc each time, but totally felt comfortable with doctors and nurses at CHR there.
This journey is really not easy, but along the way, it has taught me to be more positive, and I think it's one of the factors to the success this time.
For those who have failed or not yet bfped, pls dun give up, but stay positive! I'm sure we will all get to hold our rainbow Bb soon :)

Hi, I bfped my #1 on D3 transfer. She was the most beautiful 8 cell embryo

Have faith ok.

Hi ladies, I'm a silent reader of this thread and also the main ivf/icsi thread.

I feel grateful for having this platform in my TTC journey, and really gained a lot knowledge here.
Just to share that today I tested bfp at nuh. It feels surreal till now. This is my 2nd ivf and first fet. First fresh in June this year failed.
By the way, I'm not with Prof, but just a subsidised patient. Saw different doc each time, but totally felt comfortable with doctors and nurses at CHR there.
This journey is really not easy, but along the way, it has taught me to be more positive, and I think it's one of the factors to the success this time.
For those who have failed or not yet bfped, pls dun give up, but stay positive! I'm sure we will all get to hold our rainbow Bb soon :)
Congratulations!!! Taking baby dusts from you!!!

I am currently in my 2ww. So stressful. This is my 3rd fresh cycle with Prof Wong. My 1st cycle was with Dr Chew and it was a successful one. My girl is 18 mo. Afterwhich I had a fresh cycle with Virtus Fertility but failed. Good luck to everyone out there!

I am currently in my 2ww. So stressful. This is my 3rd fresh cycle with Prof Wong. My 1st cycle was with Dr Chew and it was a successful one. My girl is 18 mo. Afterwhich I had a fresh cycle with Virtus Fertility but failed. Good luck to everyone out there!
Ohh just curious, why din u stay with Dr Chew for this cycle and 2nd fresh?
Since u have been successful before, it means u can do it again. I think fresh cycle is much more emotionally draining and stressful on body as well. So if I could start again, I would choose an fet.
Though having said that, there are many ladies who bfp and mange well in fresh too. So stay positive!

When is your BT? Jia you!!!

Ohh just curious, why din u stay with Dr Chew for this cycle and 2nd fresh?
Since u have been successful before, it means u can do it again. I think fresh cycle is much more emotionally draining and stressful on body as well. So if I could start again, I would choose an fet.
Though having said that, there are many ladies who bfp and mange well in fresh too. So stay positive!
We actually opted for Prof Wong for our 1st ivf. Unfortunately he was usually not in town and the waiting time was horrendous back then. So we get Dr Chew instead. Dr Chew is a nice doc, but we thought maybe we shld try Prof. If this round stil no luck, maybe we will switch back to Dr Chew. **fingers crossed**

Haha I wish! My #1 is from my 3rd fresh cycle, I failed 2 fresh n 2 FET before that (one m/c on my first FET). Then I failed one more fresh n one more FET before getting my #2, so that was from my 4th FET. I think all the nurses in CHR know me by now. I put in 2 embryos each time. My m/c was twins, my #1 started out as twin but one stopped growing at wk 6. No, never tried endo scratching before.
U r a warrior :) Total 4 fresh n 4 FET..

U did all with prof nuh? I am wondering how come even after the govt grant r used up..u still stay with nuh?

Many ppl suggest to go explore pte since no more grant after the 3rd..

Just wondering whether u have tried both short and Long protocol?

U r a warrior :) Total 4 fresh n 4 FET..

U did all with prof nuh? I am wondering how come even after the govt grant r used up..u still stay with nuh?

Many ppl suggest to go explore pte since no more grant after the 3rd..

Haha good question. My first fresh n FET were actually with Raffles. But actually frankly I forgot abt that n I told CHR that I'm not entitled to anymore grants, confused everyone, but in the end they still claimed for me I think. The reason why I did my 4th fresh there was cos I failed my 3rd FET with my last embryos in Dec, n my AF came the day before my BT, so when I went down for my BT, I already prepared this whole speech abt letting me start a fresh cycle immediately. Cos I didn't want to delay another month due to CNY. Luckily Prof agreed to let me start, n I just collected my meds n started the jabs the next day. Unfortunately that fresh cycle ended up with a chemical pregnancy, but I succeeded on my FET 2 months later. Actually I was already on the verge of firing NUH on my 3rd fresh, cos I was so fed up of retrieving so many eggs (avg around 20) but always only ending up with 3-5 fertilized ones each cycle. Even whatsapped my hubby after the call from the embryologist n told him we try KKH or SF Loh next. But in the end that cycle gave me my #1. So I guess it's fate bah.

Haha good question. My first fresh n FET were actually with Raffles. But actually frankly I forgot abt that n I told CHR that I'm not entitled to anymore grants, confused everyone, but in the end they still claimed for me I think. The reason why I did my 4th fresh there was cos I failed my 3rd FET with my last embryos in Dec, n my AF came the day before my BT, so when I went down for my BT, I already prepared this whole speech abt letting me start a fresh cycle immediately. Cos I didn't want to delay another month due to CNY. Luckily Prof agreed to let me start, n I just collected my meds n started the jabs the next day. Unfortunately that fresh cycle ended up with a chemical pregnancy, but I succeeded on my FET 2 months later. Actually I was already on the verge of firing NUH on my 3rd fresh, cos I was so fed up of retrieving so many eggs (avg around 20) but always only ending up with 3-5 fertilized ones each cycle. Even whatsapped my hubby after the call from the embryologist n told him we try KKH or SF Loh next. But in the end that cycle gave me my #1. So I guess it's fate bah.

Thanks for sharing..
Yeah...i guess it is all fate n luck..

U r really power.. One cycle straight after another..no need rest..

Did prof ever give u any possible reasons for the low fertilisation rate?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing..
Yeah...i guess it is all fate n luck..

U r really power.. One cycle straight after another..no need rest..

Did prof ever give u any possible reasons for the low fertilisation rate?

Actually my issue is not fertilization rate, it's the number of mature eggs. I always only have abt 30% mature eggs. N I googled n found some possible reasons. First of all I have mild pcos, so my quality not so good to begin with. Then NUH likes to trigger with Suprefact, which is controversial cos apparently some research shows that it is not that effective in maturing eggs, compared to Ovidrel. I asked Prof multiple times if he can let me trigger with Ovidrel but he always refuse, think their protocol is Suprefact. Lastly I think the lab gives up on immature eggs too easily, I know in KK they will try to cultivate till the next day, before giving up on them. But then again if they are not that strong n mature slowly in the first place, chances are they are not too healthy to begin with. That said, my #2 came from a FET with slow growing embryos - 10 cell n 12 cell on day 4, when they should be compacting already. So sometimes science can only explain so much, it really boils down to fate n luck like u said.

What stage are u at now?

Actually my issue is not fertilization rate, it's the number of mature eggs. I always only have abt 30% mature eggs. N I googled n found some possible reasons. First of all I have mild pcos, so my quality not so good to begin with. Then NUH likes to trigger with Suprefact, which is controversial cos apparently some research shows that it is not that effective in maturing eggs, compared to Ovidrel. I asked Prof multiple times if he can let me trigger with Ovidrel but he always refuse, think their protocol is Suprefact. Lastly I think the lab gives up on immature eggs too easily, I know in KK they will try to cultivate till the next day, before giving up on them. But then again if they are not that strong n mature slowly in the first place, chances are they are not too healthy to begin with. That said, my #2 came from a FET with slow growing embryos - 10 cell n 12 cell on day 4, when they should be compacting already. So sometimes science can only explain so much, it really boils down to fate n luck like u said.

What stage are u at now?

Suprefact issue again.. Haha..
I asked for Ovidrel for my 2nd cycle with Prof, he gave me cos my follicles r less than 10. (so no risk of OHSS).
1st cycle i done with kkh n i used the so called better Pregyl to trigger. But of 3 cycles..the kkh one is the worst.. Only 1 average embryo.
Suprefact gave me 2 good embryos n Ovidrel gave 3 embryos. But the simulation protocol slightly differs across all 3, so not totally fair to compare.

I done 3 fresh b4 ..now waiting to do my 1st FET with my only one embryo..

That y i thinking if shld move out of nuh if this FET dont work out.. Since no more grants.. Perhaps no luck w nuh..

I asked for Ovidrel for my 2nd cycle with Prof, he gave me cos my follicles r less than 10. (so no risk of OHSS).
1st cycle i done with kkh n i used the so called better Pregyl to trigger. But of 3 cycles..the kkh one is the worst.. Only 1 average embryo.
Suprefact gave me 2 good embryos n Ovidrel gave 3 embryos. But the simulation protocol slightly differs across all 3, so not totally fair to compare.

That y i thinking if shld move out of nuh if this FET dont work out.. Since no more grants.. Perhaps no luck w nuh..
When are u doing your FET? Your one embryo is day 3 or 5?

Hopefully your FET is successful n u don't have to deal w this dilemma till u r ready for #2! Ultimately go with your heart bah, if u feel like no luck with NUH, then try somewhere else. Different docs have different protocols. Most importantly is u r comfortable n positive. N whatever your decisions, to have no regrets. Wish u all the best!

Cheeka, how is ur lining? When is ur transfer! Feeling excited for u alrdy!
Lining was 10mm. Good to go for FET this friday. Thanks.I am also excited but trying to manage my expectations too. What about you? Your FET next Monday?

Sometimes, change of doctor also brings about change of luck. :) it is unexplainable. Maybe the 八字 is suitable.

Hopefully your FET is successful n u don't have to deal w this dilemma till u r ready for #2! Ultimately go with your heart bah, if u feel like no luck with NUH, then try somewhere else. Different docs have different protocols. Most importantly is u r comfortable n positive. N whatever your decisions, to have no regrets. Wish u all the best!

Sometimes, change of doctor also brings about change of luck. :) it is unexplainable. Maybe the 八字 is suitable.

But i like Prof n CHR lei... Haha..
Yet sometimes cannot too 执着.. Need change then must change.. :)
Walk one step see one step lah..

Hi.I had the short briefing today.Starting nor-pill on sunday for 9 days.Next thurs scheduled for endo stretch.Can anyone advise on this procedure? Is MC given? I forgot to ask the nurse..

Just finished ET, waiting to be discharged. The full bladder feeling was so unbearable... hahahha... but once the procedure started, I couldnt feel the full bladder anymore.

Reactions: ohy
Just finished ET, waiting to be discharged. The full bladder feeling was so unbearable... hahahha... but once the procedure started, I couldnt feel the full bladder anymore.
All the best n Good Luck :)

What kind of support drug r u for the 2ww?

Im starting my nore pill today for 9 days.nurse told me take 1 pill morning & 1 night..but the prescription from pharmacy says take 2 tablets 2 times a day..i counted the tablets & i have 36 pcs of it..for those of you taking it..i believe its 1 tab morning & 1 night..its 5mg per tab..can anyone advise?

Im starting my nore pill today for 9 days.nurse told me take 1 pill morning & 1 night..but the prescription from pharmacy says take 2 tablets 2 times a day..i counted the tablets & i have 36 pcs of it..for those of you taking it..i believe its 1 tab morning & 1 night..its 5mg per tab..can anyone advise?
Yes, it's 1 tab morning and 1 tab night.

For Nuh, how much is the great eastern insurance for transferring 2 embryos? Anyone able to adv, dun have it off hand with me now.

Back