Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I hav a tilted one too...but i cant rem tilted to which direction. .hehehe...i jus rem being told that lifting up my legs n tilting up my butt after BD dun work for me, in fact, is worse for me bcoz mine is tilted....so dun ever do tt...:p
maybe yours tilted to the front. Mine tilted to the back, so sometimes ultrasound cannot detect. :p

I used to go massage believing it can help restore my uterus to normal position and I will be able to pregnant naturally o_O and it was painful
it doesnt work lah. After i had my boy, my gynea told me my uterus went back to the original position again! Imagine expand so big already still spring back to the same position... so massage won't work one.

maybe yours tilted to the front. Mine tilted to the back, so sometimes ultrasound cannot detect. :p

I suspect so...coz I rem during my ETs, doc always need to tilt the catheter up...to the extent, I felt tt my butt was being lifted off the table with the catheter...:D

Good afternoon Superwomen! How many menses cycle later after fresh did your start on your FET? Not sure if it's good to start FET in sept or oct. Any difference?

Good afternoon Superwomen! How many menses cycle later after fresh did your start on your FET? Not sure if it's good to start FET in sept or oct. Any difference?

I started mine right after fresh cycle bleeding.
But do note tt my fresh cycles were cancelled ET, jus ER.

Nurse was telling me recently usually good to wait 2 cycles..but Dr Anu & Prof helped me planned fet right after fresh...

So honestly, I jus followed...likely as wat daydreaming mentioned...fresh bleeding, mercilon bleeding so considered 2 bleeding cycles...

Hi,

I hav no experience with Dr chew. Im under Dr Anu & Prof. But I suppose expertise direction shld b pretty aligned.

I had 1) done. I was resistant to it n objected to the idea of a hysteroscopy until after 4 aborted cycles due to spotting. I did not want to do it coz my hsg did not show any growth then. Suspected of polyp growth that caused uterine abnormal bleeding. Was told it may affect implantation or pregnancy. Eventually I went for it n removed a 1-2cm polyp. Cost ard 2.5k+
I still had mid cycle spotting but at least I noe I eliminated 1 possible factor tt may hinder a bfp. Is still very up to ur own decision & comfort level.

As for 2), I hav nvr got it done. I did read online that usually it will b done if the doctor wants a good assessment of wat he will b dealing with on actual day itself,esp if patient has a known case. Mayb u shld ask if there's any costs involved for the trial n if u r not comfortable to pay for it, ask if u do not want to proceed, is it ok n wat's the implication or concern.

I spotted everyday after IUI and FET. How did the doctor detect your polyp? Wondering should I do a check for polyp?

I spotted everyday after IUI and FET. How did the doctor detect your polyp? Wondering should I do a check for polyp?

Through hysteroscopy...the suspect arises coz I hav frequent spotting...so before I went for the scope, still a suspect...but really found a polyp on scoping...:D

Hello all :) I have been ttc for many years and now embarking on IVF (seems to be the only chance). would like to check if ER and ET are pain? If there is no fertilized egg, does that mean that the cycle will be discontinued? And are we given 14 days of hospitalization leave right from ER even if there is no fertilized egg? Or does that mean that can return back to work if there is no fertilized egg and need to start the next cycle?

Hello all :) I have been ttc for many years and now embarking on IVF (seems to be the only chance). would like to check if ER and ET are pain? If there is no fertilized egg, does that mean that the cycle will be discontinued? And are we given 14 days of hospitalization leave right from ER even if there is no fertilized egg? Or does that mean that can return back to work if there is no fertilized egg and need to start the next cycle?
Hello! Welcome! i experienced discomfort after ER. If all the oocytes retrieved are not matured or do not fertilized, i think should still rest after ER. ET not painful at all for me. After that everything normal. I just did my ET and is now on 2ww! :)

Min 2 cycles means I can start in sept! I think I will go for medicated, don't want to worry if I ovulate or not. My review appointment is in mid August :)
If u ovulate naturally, i think natural FET is faster leh. cos medicated need to be in pills for 7 weeks or so? but of cos there will be the stress of not ovulating. My previous natural was aborted after the follicle grew to more than 28mm still haven ovulate. V big! So i was close to switching off at work liao thinking that i will be away... Then end up still hv to work. heehee.

Hello! Welcome! i experienced discomfort after ER. If all the oocytes retrieved are not matured or do not fertilized, i think should still rest after ER. ET not painful at all for me. After that everything normal. I just did my ET and is now on 2ww! :)
ER process is painless for me, I fell asleep before anything starts, had a very good dream and before I know it, I'm in the recovery room. Pulling like cramp after ER that subsided at night. Then it's just bloat the next day afer. ET no feeling at all, all smooth and easy.

Welcome cowmoomoo.

Your nick sounds cute. I am curious :p Do you love to drink moomoo milk?

14 days HL is still given even if there is no fertilised egg.

ER was painless for some of us, while it was painful for some of us. It's better to rest after ER.

ET was painless. Some even returned to work straight after ET.

If u ovulate naturally, i think natural FET is faster leh. cos medicated need to be in pills for 7 weeks or so? but of cos there will be the stress of not ovulating. My previous natural was aborted after the follicle grew to more than 28mm still haven ovulate. V big! So i was close to switching off at work liao thinking that i will be away... Then end up still hv to work. heehee.

Your follicle was HUGE! :eek:

My cycle is usually between 31-35 days and some crazy mths which happens about 1-2 times a year, 45 days. When I use bbt, I usually ovulate at CD18. It's so crazy, and my TCM say for menses that comes after 35 days, that's a chance no ovulation occurred. Natural cycle need to go down often for scan which I think I will be pushing the button too far, although my boss is v v v understanding. So to play safe, guess medicated will be a better choice for me. Taking medicine for 7 weeks means I must start taking the med in Aug?

28mm is huge! Can't they give a trigger shot to let you ovulate?

Your follicle was HUGE! :eek:
Yah lor. That was what Dr Anu said. She told me it was becoming a cyst! cos at some parts the diameter was 30mm. made me so scare... was quite upset then. After that i go and Google was relieved that the body will absorb bk the follicle so it wasn't really a cyst. This round Prof made me feel v comfortable and relaxed. Initially the follicle on my right was the leading one, then after growing to abt 17mm, it shrank in size and another follicle on the left became the dominant one instead. So the monitoring process was stretched out. And that follicle also grew and grew till about 27mm. Prof initially expected me to ovulate over weekend, end up Monday saw him the follicle still there! :p Prof didn't give up and the next day i ovulated. So drama! but Prof was so encouraging along every step. My idol! :D

Last edited:
My cycle is usually between 31-35 days and some crazy mths which happens about 1-2 times a year, 45 days. When I use bbt, I usually ovulate at CD18. It's so crazy, and my TCM say for menses that comes after 35 days, that's a chance no ovulation occurred. Natural cycle need to go down often for scan which I think I will be pushing the button too far, although my boss is v v v understanding. So to play safe, guess medicated will be a better choice for me. Taking medicine for 7 weeks means I must start taking the med in Aug?

28mm is huge! Can't they give a trigger shot to let you ovulate?
i asked Prof the same thing lor, why can't he just give me a shot to trigger like IUI. He told me natural mah, so everything must be natural. lol. Think the body must be able to produce all the nec hormones because I'm only on crinone support now. only 1 crinone a day.

i asked Prof the same thing lor, why can't he just give me a shot to trigger like IUI. He told me natural mah, so everything must be natural. lol. Think the body must be able to produce all the nec hormones because I'm only on crinone support now. only 1 crinone a day.
Is there any difference in success rate between medicated and natural?

Like what @Day_Dreaming said, some pain some no pain :)

Think you won't know until you start heh

For me I had quite bad bloating on lower abdomen prior to ER already, the few days after ER my upper abdomen was also very badly bloated.. Couldn't move properly, felt like a constant stitch in the area..Was sharing with the ladies back then during those few days my waist area expanded 5 inches (I've lost 4 of those 5 liao btw lol)

When I did so-IUI i also had a bad bout of bloating, so was quite similar

Ya similar to that

My girlfriends told me is very good for post natal...so post natal try to go for it...both their bodies esp hip areas went back in shape nicely...I wld say not that broad or wide...

Another gf, air stewardess for many years, when ttc then found her uterus drooping..she did go for the massage to "push" up her womb...but I duno eventually it works or nt coz i din ask...hehe

Yah lor. That was what Dr Anu said. She told me it was becoming a cyst! cos at some parts the diameter was 30mm. made me so scare... was quite upset then. After that i go and Google was relieved that the body will absorb bk the follicle so it wasn't really a cyst. This round Prof made me feel v comfortable and relaxed. Initially the follicle on my right was the leading one, then after growing to abt 17mm, it shrank in size and another follicle on the left became the dominant one instead. So the monitoring process was stretched out. And that follicle also grew and grew till about 27mm. Prof initially expected me to ovulate over weekend, end up Monday saw him the follicle still there! :p Prof didn't give up and the next day i ovulated. So drama! but Prof was so encouraging along every step. My idol! :D

My idol too!I so like & respect him...my hubby even commented if Prof asked me jump into the waters..I will jump right away...lol...by the way, Im a lousy swimmer...hehe...:p

HiHi welcome,

As wat ladies hav mentioned, is very subjective for ER. Some jus slight discomfort, some alot of pain. I got hospitalized bcoz of extreme pain on 1 occasion n jus slight discomfort on another ER.

It really very much depends on how ur body reacts & how many follicles were stim n retrieved. The more follicles u hav, likely ur ovaries r grown to a bigger size. More discomfort. The more u retrieved, of coz it means ur ovaries r pricked more times.

For ET, almost painless..even there is, is bearable n jus a while. Speculum into u, similar to pap smear.

And yes, no fertilised egg then cycle is aborted. U will still hav ur HL. U can choose to go back to work as soon as u feel well. At least first 1-3 days advisable to rest. Also depends on ur recovery rate.

Is there any difference in success rate between medicated and natural?
I never ask leh. Maybe you can help us yo ask Prof? I'm also v curious. What is the benefits of natural vs medicated FET? Time diff aside, any impact on embryos, development of baby etc?

There is a recent research to show that IVF babies are at slightly higher risk of high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes etc. They think that this is due to the artificially high levels of hormones in the women's system bathing the embryos. but the difference is so small that it doesn't affect anything on the grander scale and personal lifestyle will minus off all the diff. However the study concluded by saying that maybe in the future, with freezing techniques improving, we may move towards transferring embryos 1 cycle after ER so that the body will be free of the hormones needed to trigger multiple eggs production. I knew this before doing my fresh ET, but still went ahead. heehee. Cos who wants to miss even 1 cycle!

So coming bk to diff between natural and medicated FET, think the medication part won't be as bad as ER cycle. But good to ask Prof if anyone of us has a chance!:)

I never ask leh. Maybe you can help us yo ask Prof? I'm also v curious. What is the benefits of natural vs medicated FET? Time diff aside, any impact on embryos, development of baby etc?

There is a recent research to show that IVF babies are at slightly higher risk of high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes etc. They think that this is due to the artificially high levels of hormones in the women's system bathing the embryos. but the difference is so small that it doesn't affect anything on the grander scale and personal lifestyle will minus off all the diff. However the study concluded by saying that maybe in the future, with freezing techniques improving, we may move towards transferring embryos 1 cycle after ER so that the body will be free of the hormones needed to trigger multiple eggs production. I knew this before doing my fresh ET, but still went ahead. heehee. Cos who wants to miss even 1 cycle!

So coming bk to diff between natural and medicated FET, think the medication part won't be as bad as ER cycle. But good to ask Prof if anyone of us has a chance!:)

This worries me alot...my med fet...the dosages i need to stim my lining w/o bleeding b4 ET is 3-4 times more than a norm protocol....

Shld i discuss with prof abt this?The fact tt we will not know the lower limit/threshold to reduce to n not causing a bleeding is also worrying...

I asked myself a few times...having such high intakes of med...will it affect uterine envn?
Now im really worried after reading this...:(:oops:

Tks alot for sharing....

Hey gals,

Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.

Question

1) is it necessary to do the hysterscopy to remove a small polyp?

2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?

Hi Littlejo, I am nuh patient, my experience with Dr Chew is he is always very very careful. And I would say unless necessary, he would not have request additional steps. I am keen to do ivf and another hospital had already give green light. But he had suggest I should continue my iui (in other hospital known so-iui). I have faith in Dr Chew and Nuh.

This worries me alot...my med fet...the dosages i need to stim my lining w/o bleeding b4 ET is 3-4 times more than a norm protocol....

Shld i discuss with prof abt this?The fact tt we will not know the lower limit/threshold to reduce to n not causing a bleeding is also worrying...

I asked myself a few times...having such high intakes of med...will it affect uterine envn?
Now im really worried after reading this...:(:oops:

Tks alot for sharing....
Aiyo, so sorry for causing u to worry! I think you should focus on the fact the increase in risk is small and leave the rest to Prof. There are some ladies that hv no chioce but to do medicated, but for those with a chioce, maybe this article will let them make a more informed chioce. I also went for my fresh ET. The dosage for medicated fet won't be higher than for fresh cycle.

@remembeRainbow why was your ET difficult? Very curious cos i never see it being discussed here? Is it anatomy issue? My uterus is actually tilted to the back, wonder whether that will make it more difficult to reach...
Yup I have tilted uterus too.
But my previous 4iuis by prof & fresh ET by dr Anu is smooth & painless.
Only my last FET ET by prof was difficult. I suspect it's cos I was very tense due to bursting bladder. Was having sharp bladder pain & couldn't have my butt properly in the OT table. Prof even had to massage my legs to make me more relaxed :p

Only my last FET ET by prof was difficult. I suspect it's cos I was very tense due to bursting bladder. Was having sharp bladder pain & couldn't have my butt properly in the OT table. Prof even had to massage my legs to make me more relaxed :p
You drink too much water lah! haha! I went in with a not v full bladder this time round and it wss smooth too. So for ladies gg for ET soon, no need to hv bursting bladders! haha!

Aiyo, so sorry for causing u to worry! I think you should focus on the fact the increase in risk is small and leave the rest to Prof. There are some ladies that hv no chioce but to do medicated, but for those with a chioce, maybe this article will let them make a more informed chioce. I also went for my fresh ET. The dosage for medicated fet won't be higher than for fresh cycle.

Hehe...is always good to share n for us to know...;)

Wow...see...Prof so nice...not only he works on our physical issues...also works on our emotional issues...:p...yes, it's obvious...im a diehard fan of prof...:p:p:p

I'm not under prof, but will check it out when I see the other docs. More opinions for sharing!

Ladies,

Jus to share with u...this shld b my last fet...
hubby n myself hav discussed n decided...rationality is also sounding, loudly..coming fet is my 9th cycle...

Works or dun...we r walking away...mayb we will b back next year, mayb not anymore...Im going back to work, life still hav to go on...we will jus leave it to fate if to come back or nt...hubby feels that is time for me to take a break...after seeing me gone through all the physical ,emotional pains & mental burden

I will treasure this remaining 1 mth with u ladies...really glad to hav joined the forum n noe u ladies...no regrets on this journey with u alongside...muackzz

Hi @cowmoomoo welcome!
The situation you asked is what I just went through. ER is not pain. I never been through ET so can't advise on that. For my case, there is no fertilization seen therefore it is stop at ER. Yup, the 16days MC is given on ER day but I was told that once you are feeling well, you can go to work. This is so because you may want to keep the HL for your next IVF cycle. Will been having a appointment with Prof next week and see what he recommend next.
Have you started you IVF? Currently at which stage?

Ladies,

Jus to share with u...this shld b my last fet...
hubby n myself hav discussed n decided...rationality is also sounding, loudly..coming fet is my 9th cycle...

Works or dun...we r walking away...mayb we will b back next year, mayb not anymore...Im going back to work, life still hav to go on...we will jus leave it to fate if to come back or nt...hubby feels that is time for me to take a break...after seeing me gone through all the physical ,emotional pains & mental burden

I will treasure this remaining 1 mth with u ladies...really glad to hav joined the forum n noe u ladies...no regrets on this journey with u alongside...muackzz
Hi girl, this forum will be v different without you. I remember when u first burst into the scene a few months bk. Gave so much life to this forum. But yes, sometimes just hv to move on. 命里有时终须有,命里无时莫强求。 Life still hv to go on, and we are already blessed with v good husbands, family, stable country. Can also consider adoption to help less fortunate children. Regardless, I wish you all the best for your next cycle! Fighting!!!

Hi girl, this forum will be v different without you. I remember when u first burst into the scene a few months bk. Gave so much life to this forum. But yes, sometimes just hv to move on. 命里有时终须有,命里无时莫强求。 Life still hv to go on, and we are already blessed with v good husbands, family, stable country. Can also consider adoption to help less fortunate children. Regardless, I wish you all the best for your next cycle! Fighting!!!

Adoption is not an option for my hubby. I do sponsor kids though. So strictly speaking,I hav kids for a few years alr...:D...sponsorship will go on till they r 18 or 21yo...can't rem...

Likely Im going to get a corgi doggie...;)
A Europe trip before i go back to work...:D

Aiyo I see ur msg I feel like crying leh monkey chick... although I know is a good decision for u because everyone needs a break from ttc after some time. Cannot keep going like a robot. I wish u all the best... will be praying fervently that u tio this cycle so u can leave on a high note! Hug hug

Back