Premature babies support group

hi mommies,
I will be gg to KL for the weekend (1st time gg after at least 20 years), hope to able to have some gd bargains as now is Msia's sale ? anyone got good recommendation of chinese/ seafood eating places ? thanks
happy.gif

kkf,
try 2 eat more meat stuff,protein can help to put on weight. ya,maybe not HL milk, but normal kind of milk..more fats

didi,
juz cancelled my BKK trip after xmas..hubby say maybe go KL. if go KL,can bring ws. but dunno wat to do there leh..

dm,
We also thot of hkg/ bangkok, but dun want to be away from D&D for long so KL is the next location. My intention of gg there is to shop (for D&D stuff mainly) and hb's intention is to have a good uninterrupted sleep at the hotel and eat
happy.gif
have you booked the KL trip ?

wow, didi 30 weeks 1.6kg? good leh. i want also. think i got to force myself to drink milk for pregnancy, and eat more durians and meat...

how~~? last night yilin refused to drink at midnight any cry on and off till 5am.. i wanna faint liao.

she consipated for 5days. cry whenever she drink milk. and yesterday morning i bought her to pd to help her to poo poo. after poo poo, she slept for the whole day, drink milk also din make noise liao. i tot, at last got peace already.. then alamak, last night cry again...

i very scare tonight like tat again.... cos today she din poo..

kkf,
Think so
happy.gif
that time when I was in ICU, then realised their weight ok
happy.gif
the milk for expectant mothers comes in chocolate flavour too, so should be ok
happy.gif

hi yan,

u introducing more formula feeds isit? got put wind drops? u know the dietician recommended calorie powder for us to help bb weight gain right? it is supposed to have very slight laxative effect so can help relieve the constipation a bit. other than that, i guess is a lot of rubbing of the ru yi oil and massage. i think maybe after she poo poo the butt pain cos imagine DAYS worth of poo poo coming out at once.. maybe apply lots of vaseline or diaper cream at the anus to help relieve or prevent pain lah..

aiyo i look back at those days and also scared.. hahahahah.

kkf and violet
think u should try more formula milk.. more weight gain. :D

Yan, did you bring yiling to see padetrician????

I think u better do so, constipated for 5 days quite serious matter. if got fever, even more dangerous. Sorry, dun mean to scare u, i kept remembering a case i saw at children ICU. the baby boy contispated, then fever, and when the parents bought him to hospital, realised its because his small intestine went to his big intestine (something like that). when he went to children ICU, his condition very serious, kidney failure, and lots of organs failures...

yeah celebrating violet into 27th weeks!!
happy.gif

xbliss,
among the 8 feeds, i only managed to gve her 1-2 ebm only, all along is like tat leh. we just bought Rid Wind, hopes it can help her. yes,, i heard tat calorie got laxative effect, but i only give 1-2 times of ebm, so she din get to take much of tat.
sad.gif
now i trying to massage very offen around the anus area. tll now i still are not use ru yi oil leh... hmm... maybe later i try. btw, can give grip water anot?

kkf,
yes yes... bought her to pd on the 5th day. he insert a tube with med into her anus and she poo immediately, but not tat much leh. sigh... how come both my girls follow me... i also got consipation problem.. sigh...last time my no.1 also, on the 5th day bring to the pd too.

wah.. so serious ah... wah.. think better monitor her temp whenever she consipated... thanks for telling me this.

congrats
happy.gif
if u wanna buy preg mlk, try anmum, taste better. dun try frisomum, personally i dun like it, no milk taste , feel like drinking sugar water.

xbliss, Yan
Paige also has tis poo-ing issue, she poo once a week, dietician n Dr A told us is ok as long as it is soft.... Even when she on MCT oil, she also poo once a wk... only recently she is pooing more frequently, like every 2-3 days.... when in SCN, poo 2-3 times a day, after come home pooing habit change as well... Go see chinese doc, she say cos her big intentine movement v slow, tt y she dun poo everyday, but when she poo, it is 2 diaperful of poo... yuck...

kkf,
jia you, annmum is nice, similca mom also nice....

Paige passed her hearing test on wed. Think i saw baby Kath in clinic K.

shelllow,
at least u can get 2 diaperful of poo poo. tat day after pd insert the med, she poo twice, but add up i think about 3 table spoon only... 5 days no poo leh.. should be more right..

jane..hehe... cos always too tired her blog..updated with bd cake liao.. my gal sick again..now < 10kg again..
sad.gif
kate started walking around 10months actual

precious_one, kate's bbsiter have 3 kids..but she just cant pick it up..anyway went KK on wed... this time round, the doc on duty said no need to send for therapy for the time being... but to have another checkup in 6 months time... actually hor.. i am abit afraid that scarly her delay is becos her brain canot retain speech info
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

daec, i tink i am exception lah...

mummylian...wah...250 is very high points right?

kkf..the other premmie mommy i told u about? she said she clean off 1 tub of ice cream at one go.. but then if u r that kind canot take cold stuff better dont try... yes..and full cream milk..no HL lah.. (unless u r lactose intolerant)

yan, maybe try to let her drink water (if u have not done so?) gripe water dont give too much..last time i tried once 1 small teaspoon when kate was a few months old end up next round she poo it is all watery *ooops*

shelllow, why din u call out to me! taht was me there ! i was looking around see if i can find any familiar face but cannot recognise anyone! my gal very active hor... i see the rest of the kids all guai guai..

Hi Kkf,

Last time my gynae force me to take 2 eggs and 3 glass of milk a day bcos of bad MS even till trimester 2. I think it helps. Also frog legs and durian also helps alot as they contain lots of protein. My baby was 2.1kg when born @33wks, before that the measurement is always 10-25 percentile only.

Bloom
3 kids at Kate's age or much older...? Trust the doc...your Kate has no problem with speech. You just have to keep talking to her at a slow speed. Try to catch her attention and make her look at your lip when pronoucing each word. Of course I know kids in general, very sim hong hong one..very hard to get their focus longer than 30 seconds....

bloom, i love ice cream, dun mind eating, but i think the fats will be on me instead of violet...hahaha.

Kai, yup thats wat i am trying to do leh, eat egg with cheese with bread in morning, and drink 3 glasses of HL milk (I really dun like formula milk leh).

Btw, me very fickleminded leh...I initially wanted to send dash to shekinah montessori, already preparing to go next monday, but some mummies left comments in my blog saying bad things about that school, makes me having 2nd tots, I dun want to pay 700 plus per month going to a school like wat they comment. hmm...They said their kids diarohea, high fever, teachers also never inform. sounds scary right?

Anyway, I dun want to waste my $ in that case...so I ended up deciding since all schools seem the same, I just send dash to the childcare nearest my home, dun care liao! it is faith educare. Dun think about it anymore. Ha! Somemore its a lot cheaper! If it turns out not so good, at least I dun waste so much money! But hope its a good school. really headache choosing a gd school, seems like all schools has pros and cons...

Sometimes I am thinking is it as a teacher, i have higher expectations? I also think in future, i go open my own idea childcare, better. haha.

Those mummies with kids in schools, do you think you have made the right choices? how u decide on the schools? no complaints?

Dm, how's kinderland?

bloom,
wanted to say hi but i see u busy following Kath.... She is so cute...
I tried giving gripe water for constipation, but it doesnt help for Paige, but she sound more pheglmy.... till now she still have a lot of pheglm always merlion....

hi kkf and violet,
we are celebrating with you too! But we are holding til the final celebration when you and violet finish the race at 36 wks or more!!

yan and paige
sorry i lump up and summarise. bryan at one stage pooed once in 5-7 days. But the poo was soft and he din seem to have problem, so we left it. Initially we used infacol, but i think it phased out. So we changed to Rid Wind. I somehow think rid wind is more effective than gripe water though i haven tried gripe water before.

at one stage, we wanted to try prune juice too. Maybe if you still giving bm u should take more prune juice so hopefully it can pass onto bb.

xbliss,
yes... the kkh doc also said it is ok, but it seem like affecting her sleep and feed, so we bo bian bring her to pd, else every night, and sometimes even day, will be nightmare for us.

oh ya.. prune juice, ok will try to take more. hope its help. cos i myself is consipated. i ever tried to drink almost the whole bottle of prune juice but still cannot pass motion :p

kkf
27 weeks ! hurray!happy for u!
happy.gif

hmm I shld drink those preggy milk too. I check my records. last time baby not grow so gd ard wk 20+ too.

going for detailed scan on dec 14. will be wk 20 then.hope everything will be fine.

daysee,
everything will be alright! hang in there with bb!

yan
aiyoh u sound so heaty.. must had been the confinement food?! how bout trying some laxarol... it was a heaven sent medication given after my c-section. the docs told me its safe for even if i ebm.

daec, wun be a problem with your detailed scan, keep us updated.

As i have said, I think i never even done any detailed scan leh...

I remember last time for dash, I even had to stay at raffles hospital for half a day just for the dtailed scan. Now very funie, i didn't even do any. But dr ann tan was rather detailed in her every time scan already.

Xbliss thanks for your encouragements! really hope can call for a celebration when violet is born.

I have started to get a optimisstic now, and buying bits of things for violet though my mum keep saying dun buy till baby is born! After losing a baby before, she is very batang towards this. Me too actually but still cannot resist.

The things i bought are mainly 2nd hand cheap stuff, dun want to miss them, cause I dun intend to have anymore babies, so I rather buy 2nd hand ones...hee, like baby bouncer. Clothes I had bought few new nice ones for going out purpose, and waiting to get the rest from disneymickey and mummylian, hee...

Dash going to start half day childcare at faith educare from tomorrow. all of us so excited...haha. Will be sitting in with him for a while.
will let him start full day starting january.

faith educare? i have one at my void deck leh.. just next to buangkok mrt.

i think it's not too bad though the branch at my downstairs got quite a number of HFMD and sore eyes outbreak.. i'm on the waiting list. it seems full for next yr.. sigh sigh.

xbliss, kkf
thx for ur encouragement!

I confirm have to move. but dunno where...my folks moving to JB. hope I can get my own place or go with my folks till get my own place rather than IL. my parents can help me with baby/nada. IL cant as workin

day-see
The good thing is you are currently not working and going to JB is not a problem for you. Property prices/rentals will go downhill next year, so you can wait and pick up a good deal later. Nada is still young, she can stay anywhere now as you will be with her.

hello..

hven't been posting but i do read everyday..

kkf,
kinderland is ok, i think. basically, i q bo chap 1 la. as long as the sch is safe &amp; is teaching ws something &amp; she's enjoying, i'm fine. i believe we as parents hav to do our part at home, cannot everything oso depend on teacher/sch.

went 2 their meet parents session last fri. as usual lor, the teachers say ws v guai..ask her 2 do things, she always guai guai do..nev kenna scolding in sch b4.. but nobody believes tat she's notti at home. sigh. like i've said &amp; i've told the teachers the same thing: i wan her 2 b more open &amp; not so timid.

anyway, since u hav alrdy made the decision, let it b. let dash go &amp; try. maybe he really likes it. or when violet is born, u will b more than glad 2 send him 2 sch haha

didi,
havne't booked anything yet.cos haven't confirmed whether gg or not. cos bringing ws there..must make sure got things 4 her 2 do else she'll kept bugging me 2 go home!

btw, hav u all been to the new children playarea in zoo? it's fantastic! went last fri. ALL kids enjoyed, except my ws haha. think she's 2 conscious tat she's not in swimming costume (i only brought extra clothes 4 her 2 change). will try 2 post some pics tmrw.

how many tmes u all bath your baby? my baby is 2weeks old corrected age. wondering can bath her twice a day anot. the weather is so hot. she got some rashes leh.

dm,
Me just came back from KL, ok trip, bot clothings for D&amp;D, hubby bot clothings too
happy.gif
as Malaysia is having Mega Sale, so good bargain for Isetan Credit Card members
happy.gif
me bot some cosmetics for myself
happy.gif
IMO, food is good too
happy.gif
didn't went to Genting as we want to 'concentrate' in shopping @ KL
happy.gif

dm, i dun depend on teachers too. I dun care whether they really teach a lot. but i am concern if my son was bitten twice and the teachers did not even noe (tots house), and did not give me feedback regarding my son, and said he is ben
zhong (wat kind of feedback is that?)

Then for little skoolhouse, i was concerned that a little gal was playing at the basin all by herself and teachers also did not know. Then the whole lessons were like messy cause teachers did not even know when they must take over.

For this faith educare, i did notice some concerns too, and I am going to speak to the P about it tomorrow. First, no temperature taking. Then, the boy next to dash was scooping all his rice to dash (even as he was eating halfway), and playing with his food, the teachers were just busy eating their own food, and did not stop the child! I heard one of the teachers said will give that boy less food next day cause he played with his food! oh my god! then if dash is not eating
well, then how, next day will have to eat less??
Also something i find strange is why the teachers are preparing the materials in class? I mean they shd prepare beforehand but they prepare on the spot in the classroom, busy cutting, while children playing (then nobody to supervise them)??

I dunno, am i having too high expectations???

i worked in childcare before, i know how things shd be done. As a primary teacher, I am def not a good teacher myself...I really dun expect too much, but at least there shd be some professionalism somewhere right???

i dunno. i just hope i am not being too particular?

precious one
still planing to get own place if can get. coz not sure if hubby will agree go JB,he may insist going to IL. once there, may not 'escape' for long time or never :p

yan
I bathed nada 1x a day and wiped her with warm damp cloth at nite. at hospital, after a certin weight, they bathe babies 1x aday

hi all..
Would like to join this thread..
Just gave birth to a preemie gerl on 26/11/08..
She weighs only 2060gr at 35.6wks...
She was discharged on the same day as me and yesterday 01/12, she's admitted to kkh for jaundice..
So far there's no other problems till we wnet to poly to check for jaundice level and doc say its high..
Normal jaundice should be 220 and below for 5days of life..
But my bb jaundice level is 226..
Anyone knows how long does jaundice stick onto bb??
Would appreciate any info on this matter.

kkf,
dun worry 2 much...u r oso doing all 4 dash..nobody will blame u.. juz continue 2 find &amp; keep 1 eye close lor. 4 me, most impt is safety &amp; she's happy in sch &amp; learning things
happy.gif

yan,
i think as long as bb is ok with 2 baths, &amp; if the weather is hot, it's ok..think it's more impt 2 keep bb clean &amp; happy rt?

yan
i only bath Paige once a day then evening then i wipe her... was told to bath only once a day, so wont catch cold... dunno how true la....

JL, Jaundice is pretty common, even full term babies leh.

Think at most a week?

Dm, really hope he is happy there. Dun want to change school liao, so sianz...so went to voice out my concerns to the supervisor, who doesn't seem to be very pleased. ha.

kkf
childcare is all like that one lor. nobody to control them wat. even those expensive ones may not be that good, really depends on the teacher themselves. maybe we rely too much on childcare for education, at the end of the day, the childcare teachers may not be 100% commited cos they have to see them (and so many of them) 12 hrs a day.. tiring right? sometimes after seeing bryan for few hours, i wanna surrender liaoz. hahaha.. maybe i am terrible mum so i empathise more with them childcares! haha. for me, academics at childcare not important. as long as he picks up self help skills, independence, social skills, the rest all can be taught at home. BUT, the childcare needs to be safe and clean. kkf, u have the right to choose! but like wat u say, it is very tiring to change and change lor. hope you find THE childcare soon!

hi JL,
hope you will be able to get your tips here and feel free to share with us yours! like what kkf said, jaundice is very very common. they will just need phototherapy... treat it as sunbathing for them lah. if you breast feeding, pls ask the nurses what foods to avoid cos certains foods can result in higher jaundice levels when they pass through the milk. Esp if you are taking traditional chinese confinement food, unfortunately you will have to sacrifice for bb til the jaundice has dropped.

yan
i oso bathe once and then at other times if he sticky wipe with wet cloth which i will put a tiny drop of the bb body wash. my bryan perspires like noone's biz... so we keep him in aircon most of the time..no choice leh..

agree yah, think I shd lower my expectations a bit, afterall, the teachers are really tired looking after 15 kids (for dash's class).

I look after dash already want my life liao...haha. but really i just want the childcare to be a safe and clean place, nothing else.

And of course a happy place for dash to be in.

Yippee, getting more and more excited now, friday coming and i will be in 3rd trimester finally!!!!
Weekends will be going hotel stay after confining at home for soooooooooooo longgggggggg! yipppeeeeee. I am just like a jailbird being release you noe? :ppp

I just hope violet will continue to jia you!!!

Actually, I not only worry about premature labor, also worry about her safety. sigh, pregnancy is never ending worries!!!

Good morning all *wave at all mummies*

didi
wow..must have great fun at KL
happy.gif
- its really a good place for short get aways

kkf
jia you jia you
happy.gif
re school, siang not yet in school yet i already think of a list of things i would 'expect' the school to be :p... hope to find a balance between siang being happy and also the school 'meeting' my expectation, but to me most important is safety and clean..

disneymickey
i gotten say, ws is really a sweetie pie
happy.gif
i just curious where do she go for her hair cut. very nice ler

kkf
dun think u are being too high expectations. the childcare sounds not too particular on hygiene - wah kid can fall sick easily, share food like dat. dun sound safe, clean.

3rd trimester - wah, congrats ;)

didi
have fun in KL
happy.gif

Jane,
Yup, actually I sort of enjoyed myself until my mom told me Dylan caught a cold, so was quite worried for him
happy.gif
you stayed at Boulevard rite ? it is near Pavilion Shopping Centre ? we stayed opp Pavilion, so when times while hb was catching up with his 'beauty' sleep, I cheong the stores myself
happy.gif

Day-See,
Ya lah, the food and shopping (for men and kiddos) are good, I wasn't expecting to do any shopping
happy.gif

jane,
thanks. normal HDB salon. initially, 1 only charge $2 for fringe cut. then they increasse the price to $8. as u can c, she doesn't have a lot of hair. but $8 for trim i think is 2 x. then i found another 1, only charge $2 heehee..so can always go 4 trim.

hi didi
oh yes, we stay at boulevard, i don't think its near paviliion. Boulevard is at the Mega Mall.

oh hope dylan is ok.

that time my mum quite nice, while siang was napping she offer to 'nap' with him and me and my hubby got time to cheong mega mall haha.

actually, sometime we just want to destress and shop a bit (not necessary to buy things) :p haha

kkf
i see you going for hotel stay? enjoy yourself
happy.gif
me too thinking of finding a hotel to go haha..

disneymickey
wow $8 for fringe that is too ex.. For $2 its quite nice ler. ws has fair and very soft hair (nice), you got very dark, fine hair too right. siang hair is done by ah ma haha. siang also does not have much hair :p

Jane,
True, shop to de-stress, I didn't go to Megamall though next time maybe
happy.gif
ya lor, we walk walk then eat eat, like pak tor days, btw it's my hb's idea to go for a short break, then at nite we go drinking area our hotel to enjoy the live music (but I kept sms and calling home to check on the boys)

happy.gif
didi
its really nice to just go away for a little while, then come back feeling recharge
happy.gif

hehe would you think of going for another short trip soon ? ... i been wanting to go somewhere (anywhere) but now times are quite unpredictable; dunno where to go. maybe just go sentosa haha

ws is sure going to be a big beauty next time.

$2 for trimmming, tot its cheap liao?

Anyway dash's hair also grow long very fast, usually take him to the salon near my place, think costs $7.

Jane, yah lor, better stay singapore...haha.everywhere seems sooo messy and dangerous now.

I also feel that safety and cleanliness are the most important with preschool. So far, faith educare has emphasized a lot on cleanliness like have to change mattress cover, school uniform etc everyday. They will disinfect toys over weekends blar blar. Hope the place can be a safe and clean place, and dash will be happy in there. so far, today dash was left alone in school, and he seems rather ok with it.

Today we even bought a log cake over to the centre to "bribe" all the staff. hahaha. hope they will help take care of dash. cause this time, i really hope dash can stay in this childcare...

Hi, does anyone took fish oil during pregnancy?

Heard it helps to prevent premature labour.

Can recommend? My Gynae don't recommend...

Back