Pregnant and has cats at home

mimi_june

Hi all mummies,

I just pregnant with ivf 8 weeks along. I have 2 house cats. One is previously from outside stray cat. Other one from spca, all the way indoor. They been with me about 1 year plus all the way indoor. Hubby doing cat litter cleaning since I started my ivf. Do I Still need to worry about toxoplasmosis? One of my cat quite sticky to me and always sit on my laps. We don't sleep with them at night but they sleep on our bed in day time. I m now quite worried even though I read about it online since I adopted them. Any advice? I will not give them away. I just need same experience mummies for encouraging advices. Thank you.

Hi all mummies,

I just pregnant with ivf 8 weeks along. I have 2 house cats. One is previously from outside stray cat. Other one from spca, all the way indoor. They been with me about 1 year plus all the way indoor. Hubby doing cat litter cleaning since I started my ivf. Do I Still need to worry about toxoplasmosis? One of my cat quite sticky to me and always sit on my laps. We don't sleep with them at night but they sleep on our bed in day time. I m now quite worried even though I read about it online since I adopted them. Any advice? I will not give them away. I just need same experience mummies for encouraging advices. Thank you.

I'm into my 3rd trimester and i have a lovely cat at home. Similar to you, my hubby does all the clearing of shit and cleaning the potty.

My cat is also sticky to me and sleeps with me every night.. so far everything is good! At times, he will come by my side and purr... he will go close to my tummy and purr too!

As long as you keep your cats indoors, it should be ok... =)

I'm into my 3rd trimester and i have a lovely cat at home. Similar to you, my hubby does all the clearing of shit and cleaning the potty.

My cat is also sticky to me and sleeps with me every night.. so far everything is good! At times, he will come by my side and purr... he will go close to my tummy and purr too!

As long as you keep your cats indoors, it should be ok... =)
That's is good to hear. Thank you. I can't stand not touching them. They are like my stress relieve pills. Haha. Wish u have smooth delivery ahead.

That's is good to hear. Thank you. I can't stand not touching them. They are like my stress relieve pills. Haha. Wish u have smooth delivery ahead.
They are like our babies too.. We can't possibly abandon them..

If there is a need to, you may want to prep your furkids for your arrival of your baby.

Wishing you a smooth pregnancy ahead! =)

When i was pregnant in 2014 i did ask my gynae if there was any test to test for toxoplasmosis. He said its very rare in sg, and if i really wanted it, he need to order the test from USA. He also said if my cats are always indoor than dont need to worry.
i also cleared my cats' litterboxes the whole way till i gave birth, as my MIL also did the same last time when she was pregnant.

I am currently pregnant and still clearing my cats's litterboxes

When i was pregnant in 2014 i did ask my gynae if there was any test to test for toxoplasmosis. He said its very rare in sg, and if i really wanted it, he need to order the test from USA. He also said if my cats are always indoor than dont need to worry.
i also cleared my cats' litterboxes the whole way till i gave birth, as my MIL also did the same last time when she was pregnant.

I am currently pregnant and still clearing my cats's litterboxes
Hi thank you for reply. I am not clearing litter box anymore. They like to sleep on my bed though. I called vet to inquiry prices. They said about $300 plus per cat for toxo test.

Ohh thats expensive. The test i was talking about was to test me if i had toxo or not.. Gynae said must order frm US if i really wanted it cos sg dont stock up for this test

i also have a house cat at home. doctor say as long as indoor, should be safe.
anyway my mother want to play safe so took the cat back at her place.. which is fine since they adore her a lot too =)
mother not worried abt all the bacteria, more concerned over all the fur and scare will affect a newborn

Back