Pregnant again after 10years

loveserena

Hi there,

Just wanna see if there are mothers out here that are facing the same "plight" as me. Haha.. I have 2 children already 10years old this year and I'm pregnant with the 3rd one currently now about 10weeks plus.

10 years back n fro is such a big difference. Back then my previous pregnancies are such a breeze, I don't have morning sickness nor backaches until last trimester just before giving birth. Now everything started even before I confirm I'm pregnant. Age does make a difference and now I understand different preganancy are also different. Haha..

I would like to chat with mothers that are the same as me. Had an older child or children n then another unexpected pregnancy after many many years later. Let's share and comfort each other. Just want to know I'm not alone in this.

Congrats mummy! I do agree that every pregnancy differs. Well, every child is different too.
I can totally relate to what u r experiencing thou e age gap between my youngest n his bro is 7 yrs. It was like being a new mum, learning or recapping what I used to go thru with my other kids. One thing good to me is my older kids r independent to take care of themselves n also help around to look out n play with their youngest sibling. :)

Congrats mummy! I do agree that every pregnancy differs. Well, every child is different too.
I can totally relate to what u r experiencing thou e age gap between my youngest n his bro is 7 yrs. It was like being a new mum, learning or recapping what I used to go thru with my other kids. One thing good to me is my older kids r independent to take care of themselves n also help around to look out n play with their youngest sibling. :)

Hi, yes Thks for replying. Ya I think the thing to console myself is I have 2 older kids that are independent and can help me with the little ones. And I have a helper at home as well, it should all lighten for me.

Is the process now that is very tough. I'm always having this cramps and pain in the tummy. Do u have that before also? Izit common? My last gynae scan is on my 7th week, next one is on the 11th week.

I have a daughter age 9 n currently preggie , had wanted to try to conceive this year n to give birth nxt year(10 years gap) bt i conceived last year. Yes like a new mum, I had to read up articles , do my own research n relearn lotsa things . This pregnancy is also diff frm 1st which is a breeze. No vomiting for both cases, bt for this i have some queasiness , had spotting issues , was asked to bedrest n also felt some pain n pulls at time etc which I don't rmb having for 1st. Definitely much more paranoid now , n oso feel age plays a part to how I feel . Basically drained. Was lucky my girl helped me during my bedrest period n I had to let go n let her travel bk home after sch as I'm not able to fetch her. I know it's has been a long wait for her n hope we would be able to enjoy our time with the additional member soon!

My girls are 7.5 years apart. One is 9 and younger one 16 months.
My girl walked through the whole pregnancy journey with me and I took the opportunity to introduce the birds and the bees to her.

Good part is she is independent enough and there was minimal sibling jealousy.( not totally none, afterall she is still a child )

Now she helps to babysit her little sis although they do irritate each other at times.
After such a long gap, everything abt pregnancy and baby care seems so new again

U r definitely not alone. I was totally shocked to learn abt my pregnancy back then .
Took me quite some time to get used to my current lifestyle. Truth to be told , I do get into depressive moments when juggling with a baby and Pri Sch academic. Gone were the freedom with this new baby. So used to the freedom since my no1 is sorta grown up

Yes after so long pregnant again everything seems so foreign.. I have to start reading n research what's the different stages like. And now nausea and cramps are like a routine everyday every other hour.. So Xin ku..

You are not alone. My eldest age gap is 11 years with #2. There is definitely a difference comparing to the first pregnancy. Age difference of course. For the least, we have lesser stress to handle as our elder one is independent to take care of themselves & could even lend us a helping hand to take care the younger one. Hang on there! I am preg w #3 nw, 13 years gap with #1. :)

You are not alone. My eldest age gap is 11 years with #2. There is definitely a difference comparing to the first pregnancy. Age difference of course. For the least, we have lesser stress to handle as our elder one is independent to take care of themselves & could even lend us a helping hand to take care the younger one. Hang on there! I am preg w #3 nw, 13 years gap with #1. :)

Thank you for replying. Yes.. I'm 13weeks preg now, Edd 19aug.. What about urs? It's challenging with my age to be preg now. So tiring. Everyday is just eat and sleep. No energy to do any other things. Haha..

Thank you for replying. Yes.. I'm 13weeks preg now, Edd 19aug.. What about urs? It's challenging with my age to be preg now. So tiring. Everyday is just eat and sleep. No energy to do any other things. Haha..
Hi hi... I am 9 weeks preg now. Extremely tired. Hopefully everything will be better after 2nd tri. Jiayou!!

Hi mummies,

you r definitely not alone. i hv a gal 10yr this yr and a boy juz started P1. juz gave birth prematurely to a bb girl in Sept 2015. Not easy but it's definitely God's grace and mercy that the lil one went through 2 mths in NICU and managed to be discharged... now she is in her 3rd mth corrected age...

just hang in there and b more careful with movement and diet... 加油!!
Am wondering if it's managable with 3 kids? My gal is 13yr old this yr, boy is 2yr old & #3 is due in Sept. I can't help but feeling so stressful over this pregnancy.

dun feel stress, it will affect our mood n pregnancy. 3 is manageable if you had it all planned. for us, we hv a helper and at times mil's help. but the elder two had been following timetable that we hv set for them since they were 4yr old, so may be easier in that sense. of course kids being kids, there will be times of playfulness and being out-of control, but generally we need to be organised and get elder ones to be involved. and more importantly, we need to spend time with them individually and not neglect them once the lil one is out. hope this helps a little

Btw, Congrats to your #3. it's God's Grace... All the best to your pregnancy and may you have a smooth and safe delivery.

Btw, Congrats to your #3. it's God's Grace... All the best to your pregnancy and may you have a smooth and safe delivery.
Thanks for the encouragement. Currently, #2 is taken care by helper, he will be attending cc in April. I guessed is really hard to give equal attention to each of them when #3 is out, nevertheless i hope i can do it. :)

My no 1 is currently 10yr old coming to 11yr old this year and currently preggy. I think age is a issue. I remember 10yrs back i am so active, can walk and shop around. But now i am so tired and don't even feel like going out unless no choice.

My no 1 is currently 10yr old coming to 11yr old this year and currently preggy. I think age is a issue. I remember 10yrs back i am so active, can walk and shop around. But now i am so tired and don't even feel like going out unless no choice.

I have 2 10yo this year and currently I'm preggy with the 3rd one and preparing my wedding(I'm divorced long ago, now 2nd marriage). It's tedious and I don't have energy or mood to work. I have the same feeling I want to lie in bed the whole day don't want to get up or go out unless necessary. My back starts to ache. I'm in my 2nd trimester already but still feeling lethargic. What u mummies do to bring up the energy level?

And becos this is the2nd marriage with the 3rd kid. It's not just carrying the pregnancy that I'm stressed about, I'm nervous about remarrying as well. All adds up I really don't have mood to do anything.

After 9 years.. im hvng my sg50 bby... my eldest son is now 13 n princesses 11n 9...

So my 4th prince is now only 4mths old.. dun mummies out there.. age gap is nt important.. its hw u mummies maintain ur figure afta del. Hehehehh...

Workout after ur confinement period is over...keep fit n sexy..

Loveserena...... dun stress urself..im now hvng my 4th boy wit my 2nd marriage..

So dun b nervous.. hv confidence in urself..

U go gerl!!!

Loveserena...... dun stress urself..im now hvng my 4th boy wit my 2nd marriage..

So dun b nervous.. hv confidence in urself..

U go gerl!!!

Thank you Relaxurmind!!.. I jus got married officially last week. Still unreal about the whole commitment. Trying to adjust to my new life now.

And yes, after giving birth I am so getting back in shape again. Wil be due in August. So nervous and excited with this little bundle. It's like becoming a new parent all over again with a little baby in the house.

Btw congrats ya dear~

Dun worry too much, everythng comes fr ur mind dwn to ur heart.. b confident..

Once ur bby pop, u will hv a new complete fmly. God bless u n ur fmly..

Btw hv u get urself a massage lady?

Thank you Relaxurmind!!.. I jus got married officially last week. Still unreal about the whole commitment. Trying to adjust to my new life now.

And yes, after giving birth I am so getting back in shape again. Wil be due in August. So nervous and excited with this little bundle. It's like becoming a new parent all over again with a little baby in the house.

Alwys b hppy n appreciate of wat u hv now...:)

Btw congrats ya dear~

Dun worry too much, everythng comes fr ur mind dwn to ur heart.. b confident..

Once ur bby pop, u will hv a new complete fmly. God bless u n ur fmly..

Btw hv u get urself a massage lady?

Thank you!!..

I didn't get any massage lady. Izit for pre or post natal? Do u have? My previous two I also didn't have massage lady. Any good one to recommend?

Congratulations! It is true that every mother and pregnancy may have differences. In my experience, first trimester is always the hardest part and it gets better on the 2nd trimester. However, I noticed that as you grow old, there are more complications. So I guess, it is best to recommend to get pregnant at the age of 35 and below.

I had some spotting n cramps recently. Went to hosp for check luckily baby is okay. Doc says I walked too much and must restrain from sex. You ladies have this problem?

I had some spotting n cramps recently. Went to hosp for check luckily baby is okay. Doc says I walked too much and must restrain from sex. You ladies have this problem?
My gf hv encountered like u b4.. actually walkng is gd for preggy mummies.. bt since ur gynae advice u so.. jus stay fm it atm...;)
N actually hvng sex while preggy is gd tho..
U shud put ur legs upwards n slowly massage ur lower part of e abdominal area...

After knwng all e complications jus keep relax n heed ur gynae advise for e sake of ur bby... if ure too stress out will affect ur pregnancy.. stay happy alwys.. god bless all mummies.. muackzzz

My gf hv encountered like u b4.. actually walkng is gd for preggy mummies.. bt since ur gynae advice u so.. jus stay fm it atm...;)
N actually hvng sex while preggy is gd tho..
U shud put ur legs upwards n slowly massage ur lower part of e abdominal area...

That was what I thought so too but think it's too much for me.. Haha. I always sleep with my legs propped up by a pillow.

Hi Mummies, I'm at my 27 weeks preg now and I having heavy bleeding like menses. Not much pain just feel some cramping and aching.

I had little spotting and bad cramps at around week 15, seen my gynae and did scan nothing is wrong. But this time the bleeding a lot and blood red.

Anybody experienced this before?

Hi Mummies, I'm at my 27 weeks preg now and I having heavy bleeding like menses. Not much pain just feel some cramping and aching.

I had little spotting and bad cramps at around week 15, seen my gynae and did scan nothing is wrong. But this time the bleeding a lot and blood red.

Go to the hospital immediately!

Dun wait mummy..betta go to e hspital...save urself n bby.. god bless u n bby...

Hi, just came across this thread. I am in the same plight. I have 2 kids aged 14 and 11 this year and found out that I am pregnant with the 3rd one few days ago. I dunno if I am ready to go thru the whole process again after so long and I am not young anymore. Life is so carefree now, I can just go wherever I want to. Really dunno if I should keep this child. Felt so guilty just thinking of it...

Hi t_tottot

This March, I had an unplanned pregnancy. It would have been my 3rd child. I had planned to stop at 2 and was shocked to discover that I was pregnant at age 41. It took some time for me to accept it. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage at week 7+. It was a roller-coaster ride for me and since then, there is hardly 1 day that passes by without me thinking of my loss and wondering what-if I am still pregnant. And strangely, I began to yearn for another child but considering my age, I am hesitant to try.

Cherish what you have. Time passes very quickly and children grow up very fast. Take care.

I have not yet go to the hospital. The bleeding has become dark blood like black color and seems to lessen. Still not much pain except the aching around the pelvic area.

I have been resting in the bed since yesterday only move around to eat my meals.

Should I still be concern about it? Confused.

Hi, just came across this thread. I am in the same plight. I have 2 kids aged 14 and 11 this year and found out that I am pregnant with the 3rd one few days ago. I dunno if I am ready to go thru the whole process again after so long and I am not young anymore. Life is so carefree now, I can just go wherever I want to. Really dunno if I should keep this child. Felt so guilty just thinking of it...

My own opinion. Whatever it is, it's a blessing that this child came to u. A lot of people wanted to have baby also cannot. It's not the child's fault, don't kill a life. Cherish what u have. :)

Fully understand how u felt ..when I found out I was pregnant with no2, I was in a confused state. Have enjoyed the freedom for so many years and things have settled down. Truth to be told there were times when I was so nonchalant about the pregnancy and did not take special care. did not diliberately end the pregnancy and did not take special care either. After her birth, there are times when I felt that the new baby is taking away my time and the time which I could have spent with my no1. There were lots of " if only I dun have you"
I survived without thinking afar.. Doing what I need to do at that moment And pass each day as it is . Now my no2 is going to be 20 months old. My no1 has a special place in my heart but for my two girls , I love them differently but I love them all the same .
Of course it's tiring to go through the baby stages again but what I m trying to convey to u is it is definitely do-able and take each day as it comes. The loss of freedom is something that have to be sacrificed . In between the loss of freedom and guilt of taking away a life , my choice is obvious .I m not in the position to judge your decision just want to mention that freedom will ultimately be regained once the kids grow. Guilt is something that will be with us for a long long time.

Thanks y0ngy0ng, love serene and lala for your encouragement. Although all these still feels like a dream to me, I have decided to carry on with the pregnancy as I don't think I can live with the guilt of killing my own child for the rest of my life. This is the question that I have been asking myself since the moment I got to know that I am pregnant. Hope it will be smooth going as I am already 40 this year. Now looking forward to my next checkup in 2 weeks time, when I will hear the baby's heartbeat for the 1st time....

I'm in hospital now waiting to see doctor. Think better to get my little guy checked, just in case.

This pregnancy is not easy, and age is a problem as well. Can't sit too long, lie down too long, walk too long also cannot. Hainzzz.. Just pray that this bundle will come out safely.

I jus finished my check and discharged from hospital. Baby is good, I'm not in preterm labor, everything is good. Only suspicious is probably I worked too much if not walked too much and cause abit of contractions that cause the bleeding. Doctor advised bed rest as much as possible. At least now got a peace of mind everything is fine.

I jus finished my check and discharged from hospital. Baby is good, I'm not in preterm labor, everything is good. Only suspicious is probably I worked too much if not walked too much and cause abit of contractions that cause the bleeding. Doctor advised bed rest as much as possible. At least now got a peace of mind everything is fine.
God bless u n bby... relax urself.. drink plenty of water due to e weather now... rest well..:)

I knw its nt easy to make a decision bt remember babe, every child is a blessing...its a big gift fm god to us mummy... count ourselves lucky to get preggy..:)
Going thru pregnancy is nt dat easy.. bt alwys think positively... everythng hppnd for a reason babe....btw congrats..
Thnk positive makes u hppy alwys...**hugs**

Back