Preggie w #3 (or #4,5,6...)

tab00

Hello! Thought to start a thread for experienced moms who are juggling 3rd(or 4th, 5th, 6th...) pregnancy while taking care of older kids.
My Edd is 13 march 2013 & it will b my 3rd c-sections, so most likely, bb will b out by early march if not earlier.
I m a sahm & have 2 boys, P3 & K1.
Hope to chat w more mummies!

Vamiga,
Im also having #3 due in Jan. This is gg to be me 3rd csect. Still yet to decided to opt for Dec or Jan. I have 2 gals aged 5 & 4.

Hi,
I'm having #3 too
happy.gif
My edd is in Jan, and I'm a sahm too.. My boy is 6 and girl is 4 this year ...

Hi bblove,
Plan for birthing e 1st new year bb!
happy.gif

But seriously speaking, given a choice, being a jan bb will generally b more advantageous during preschool yrs, as their motor & social skills r usually more developed compared to a dec bb.
Regardless of plan, bb might hv its own idea.
happy.gif

Hi fullhouse,
What will your childcare arrangement b after bb is born?
Don't think I can continue the current sch runs w an infant in tow, esp during rainy days.
The full day childcare side of #2's pcf is full when my pregnancy was confirmed, so now on waitlist w/o much chance.
Might hv to let him take sch bus as cc/preschools nearer to my place r all full. Will train #1 to walk home from school by himself

Hi, i also pregnant with no 3, no 1 & 2, 3 yrs old n 22 mths..
Edd 12/3/13..
By next jan, both my elder kids will be gg to playgroup, even though its only 3 hrs, but also can have some peace..
My previous 2 is natural birth st 37 wks plus..

Hi Mummies!
I am pregnant with my 4th bb. Going to due in Feb 2013. Stressed about lot of things like getting a confinement nanny as getting one in Feb is both difficult and expensive..Just happened to find one that day, the CL is referred by my friend's friend so not sure good or not .Moreover, she asked for $4000 excluding the 2 Ang Pao . Each Ang Pao , she asked for $200 which makes a total of $4400. Moreover, she is a Malaysian, which means getting her a work permit which will total up to $4,600. Plus, also stressed about who will be taking care of my other kids when I am in confinement . How are all of the other mummies arrangement like?

Hi Charmaine,
As long as u had managed to secure a confinement nanny during cny period n it's thru recommendation, don't worry too much le. Must really take gd care of ourselves during this critical period, esp 4 u, the 4th time (AWSOME!). $ can earn back, but health difficult.
I had confirmed w my previous confinement nanny after 1st visit to gynae, as she is quite popular. My friend had tried to book her during cny years ago n she didnt even want to take it up, as she needs to pray at home during that period. So I hope bb won't come too early.

How old r ur kids n what's ur current childcare arrangement like?
I m going to train my next yr p4 to walk home from sch himself n sort out sch bus for my next year k2 who is in afternoon class. So at least just hv to handle 1 older boy + bb most of the day. My strategy always been divide n conquer as it's riots when the boys r home together n homework doesn't get done + me shouting at them. However, when they r alone w me, they r fine n I get to rest.
happy.gif

Hi Vamiga! Thanks for the advice! During my last confinement , I did not manage to get my friend's recommended nanny so I got one through the recommended nanny .She recommended her friend and it was a nightmare for me . She will stationed at the TV from 7pm to 12.15am watching her favorite taiwanese drama. I will get to drink my tonic soup after her show 12.30am. The next morning, she will get up at 10 am and when I get up, she will ask me to eat cookie and milk for breakfast. Then she will start to cook the lunch. The lunch will be 1 soup cooked portioned for lunch and dinner, 1 steamed fish and 1 vegetable . Dinner time, will be the same dish. Afternoon, she will take her nap. After her nap , she will eat her tea break and ask me to eat cookie and milk again . Then she will warmed the soup and steamed 1 fish and fried vegetables for me.. I will be having the same type of food throughout the confinement. Baby bottles not properly cleaned and sterilized . Moreover, she kept squeezing my baby's nipples till there was milk oozing out. She said there was a must so that baby when she is growing will not feel pain. Now , my 3rd toddler daughter has a inverted nipples. I was feeling so sad whenever I see her inverted nipples. My 1st and 2nd daughter all do not have inverted nipples. Moreover, nobody in my family has inverted nipples, so sad for my 3rd daughter, next time, when she grows up and wants to breastfeed , it will very challenging for her. Moreover, that time, during my confinement , it did not hit any festive season, and in 2010 , already charged $2600 plus Ang Paos . For that amount , that quality of services she provided. That's why, now very scared if paid so much, is that confinement nanny able to provide quality services? Since , this time also through 3rd party recommendation...

Now at the moment, my #1 is in p2 and 2 in K2. The #3 is 2yrs old . I am a SAHM so usually will ferry my #1 back from school and #2 through school bus. But, next year, my #2 will be in P1 . So , both #1 and #2 will have to fetch from school plus all the CCA .. As we stayed far from their school , the school bus does not want to come..so I had so choice but to ferry them back myself...That's why now also thinking of moving near the school so I can engage the school bus to fetch them to and fro from school.... But in order to move near the school also has to sell my place to buy a new place.. So a lot things been stressing me up...

Hi Charmaine,
Wow, e previous confinement nanny was really a nightmare! Might as well fired her b4 the month was up n paid her accordingly. Hope u hv better luck this time!
By comparison, I was thoroughly pampered by mine that I felt v teary to c her go on the last day everytime. Was v tempted to ask her extend another mth. Even #1 is already looking forward to seeing her again. Hee..
I had to tell her I can't tahan take hot mee sua soup so early in a.m, n rather take bread n milo.
Asked her to watch national day fireworks from our windows n tv, she still bustling ard. At most only read her own newspapers when bb z in afternoon n hv early night ard 8pm+ so that she 1st 1 to jump up when bb hungry at night to pass bb to my rm for breastfeeding.

Don't worry abt your gal's inverted nipple, mine was too, but easily corrected within a few days w a huge syringe upon advice of lactation consultant. I didnt even know shld hv start to correct it during 3rd trimester w a nipple shell daily.

Moving house b4 next feb will definitely b v stressful. Perhaps can ask any nearby taxi driver willing to do the sch run for u? Or send them to student care?

Do u hv a helper at home? At least can help u send/fetch e older gals to sch by taxi/bus during confinement n look,a after the younger children when u resume the sch runs after confinement?

Hi Vimiga!
At the moment, I have no helper . We only have a part time helper to help once a week. My mum will come a twice week to help me with my kids. But,we are thinking of employing a maid to help out with the housework chores and my little one. My husband is always against the idea of having a maid due to a lot of bad feedbacks from his friends and relatives .However, with the impending arrival of the 4th baby, I think we have no choice but to employ one. I don't think I can cope. I just hope the maid that we are getting is not a another nightmare for us. So much for myself.How's your 3rd pregnancy getting on? Is it going to be gal or a boy this time? Any more morning sickness for you? For me, for this pregnancy , I find that I always feel very tired and keep wanted to sleep.

Hi Charmaine,
Having a maid depends alot on luck n lowering our expectation. Been thru 4 by the time #1 turned 2yo n I sent him to cc instead of to my parents+ place everyday; n went thru 2 for #2 until he was 1.5 yo even I was already a sahm upon his birth bcos hubby was still travelling v frequently then.
On hindsight, Cctv is a must even for sahm, as my #2 is still paying the price of me not listening to my instinct of transferring the 2nd maid out within the 1st few days.

As hubby is not travelling much these days, I will not get a maid when possible. It was tempting, when my whole day morning sickness during 1st tri was unexpectedly bad n I was nauseous by my own driving n needed to lie down 90% of the time.
Finally can start cooking some simple meals again since last wk. However, hubby is still doing all the housework after work. My concession regarding maids will b to contact my 1st maid during #2 time if she wants to return to S'pore to work for us again. She had proven to b a competent worker w genuine concerns for the family.
But that will hv to wait till the outcome of my amnio test tomo is out.
This will b our 3rd boy.
happy.gif

Hi, i have just tested +ve with a very faint line. Will be testing again maybe during this weekend or next week.

If i am preggy, this will be my 3rd one. Will like to learn more with other mommies with more than 2 kids. Both my 1st & 2nd are boys, 6yrs old and 3.5 yrs old.

Hi mummies, I just got my bfp, edd is 21st June. Have 2 girls, the older one is turning 3 soon and the baby is now 13 mths. If this pregnancy works out (fingers crossed) all 3 kids will be 21 mths apart.
happy.gif

Wow! the threat is going too fast that i can't follow it.. haha..

For me, i am expecting my 4th Child (Gal). Have 3 boys 7, 5, 2.5 yrs old.

I am a FTWM, Currently arrangment for my kids will be.

MORNING:
Me and DH will send No.1 to school at 7am and both of us will proceed with Breakfast and DH will send me to work. At around 8.45am, helper or MIL will bring No. 2 & 3 to Childcare (Full day 9am - 5.30pm)

AFTERNOON:
Helper or MIL will pick No. 1 from school.

EVENING:
MIL will starts home with No. 1 while helper pick up No. 2 & 3. Back up plan if MIL goes for a hoilday. Helper will stays at home with No. 1 and me and DH will rush back home before 7pm to CC to pick up No. 2 & 3.

NIGHT:
Back home dinner (MIL cook if not have a quick dinner outside) Shower and tok and play with the kids before they go to bed preparing for tomorrow. No. 3 slp with me. No. 1 & 2 in their own room.

This continues Mon - Friday. Weekends: Additional classes if not family outing day.
happy.gif

When No 4 arrive, she will be park at nanny's house (mummy's nieghbour), pick her only aft work and proceed home.

I will not be hiring any CL as for the last 3 i have been ordering Confinement food and I will take care of the bb myself. The only time i need help will be, Shower the bb and i'm taking a shower. Massage and eating (If baby is awake).

Nope, she have her own flat. she only stay over on the Mon, Tue, Thurs and sometimes will bring my kids + helper to stay over at her house on friday night.

But if she goes overseas than i will have to activite Plan B. I will not leave the house with HB in the morning and will replace myself with MIL's role.

Hi All,

Nice reading your sharings...

I'm also preg with my #3. #1 4YO girl, #2 3YO boy...SAHM for 2 yrs, going back to work next yr. #3 will be due mid April 2013...will be a challenging time...the kids seem excited about my growing tummy though...haha...

This time we're also trying to find a maid to help out. After having 2 bad experiences with maid. Hope this time it will turn out well...a friend's helper is recommending her friend to us. My parents will also be helping out to look after my older kids as well as keep an eye on the helper...

Hi all

I am currently expecting my #3. My #1 is 6yo and #2 is 4yo. They are attending the same 3-hourly school now.

I am thinking to place my #3 in IFC, has already registered my interest but worried that we may not get a place. If I really can't get a place I really not sure how to cope on the childcare arrangement.

Hi Zhimin,

my kids are also attending a 3hrly kindy together. We initially thought of putting our #3 in IFC too...but itz really way too expensive these days...almost $800+ after working mother subsidy...thatz why we thought it was more "economical" to get a helper. Then at the same time, can help us with meal preparations as well as doing the household chores.

In my opinion, after having my older kids in IFC and CC previously, I don't like the idea of sending my #3 there because they fall sick very easily. Back then (before we took them out of CC/IFC and I stay home to look after them for 2.5years) they were sick almost every month. Then they will pass the sickness to each other and hubby and I will have to keep taking childcare leave and after looking after them, we ourselves fall ill too...it was a vicious cycle...then bosses not too happy that we took leave so often too even though my kids were genuinely sick...

But everyone has different opinions and options that work best for them...just sharing my experience with you...because I've also heard of friends/read from forums that by letting kids fall ill at CCC, it will build up their immune system (which i disagree...because the kids are so young and they will constantly be on medication to get well...too much medication can't possibly be gd for the child)

Hi littleG

I do have a helper at home, but feel that helper may not be able to cope with infant as I do not have anyone at home to supervise the maid. That's why my plan is to let helper takes care the elder 2 and place the youngest at IFC.

I do agree the cost for IFC is too expensive and the falling sick part. But guess right now this is the only arrangement that is workable.

Yap! I also think so, dats is y even i have a helper i will still getting a nanny to look aft my baby. $500 per mth. will bring bb to nanny's house from 8am - 7pm.

Hi Zhimin,
I understand where you are coming from. Seems like the best plan too...I would not dare to have a helper at home looking after my kids on her own too...it's only because my parents are available to keep an eye on things that I'm more "fang xin"

Hi Zhimin,
Ur #1 will b p1 next year rt? What will b his after sch arrangement?

Hi LittleG,
U v courageous to return to workforce after a 2.5yr break + 1 more kid! Please share your motivation. I think I m stucked as a sahm forever le, not that I mind at all at this pt. Hehehe... :p

Hi Rebecca,
It's always gd to hv an extra pair (or 2) of hands ard.
happy.gif

I admire u being able to carve out "date- time" to breakfast n connect w ur hubby after sending #1 to sch. A genius arrangement!
happy.gif

Vamiga,
I would love to be a SAHM all the way...but finances got tighter with only 1 income...so we had no choice...

Hi Vamiga, if night time me and hubby needs to go out for dnner. i will at least bring one of the kid with me so my helper will only needs to handle 2.

Handle = If the kids are watching TV, she dun have to do anything. If only she needs to shower they one by one.

Usually this was planned by me and my DB will just ask me "Whats next or what's the plan?"

I think we sometimes just needs to "close" one eye if not "just do it!" plan.

Rebecca

Actually my alternative is nanny for #3 too, but not sure how to start the search.

LittleG

That is so blessed that you have someone to help supervise the helper.

Vamiga

Yes my gal will be in P1 next year, we have actually signed her up in a student care. However, if my helper can take care of her after her school, most likely we will withdraw her after #3 born in March, so to save some cost from the student care.

Hi Zhimin,
If ur gal is independent to finish most of e homework on her own b4 u r home, then it's ok to leave her w e maid. Can't really expect e maid to supervise her on that.

Was discussing ligation w gynae just now, as I will b having c-section anyway.
Still considering it among other birth controls such as IUD or pills, even though we r v sure that we hv enough kids le.

What's ur views & preference, mummies?

In my view, ligation is another operation, still invasive...
I used the IUD, Mirena, after my #2. Removed it to try for #3. Though we are pretty sure #3 would be our last child, I would still go for the Mirena IUD after #3 is born, because Mirena has hormones with the coil that helps to regulate the cycle & my period was very minimal (a panty liner) is sufficient & lasts only abt 2-3 days...& no cramps at all during the time of the month. Although it took abt a yr for my body to adjust & period to lessen...I didn't have any side effects..it costs abt $300+ when I inserted it 3 years ago...coil can last up to 5years.

I was thinking to go with Ligation, but i believe so how it will affect our body. Might have our MP early.
sad.gif

Hi littleG,
Does effect of IUD lessen over time?
1 thing made me hesitant abt ligation is that risk of pregnancy increases each yr n 30% of those r ectopic pregnancy.
sad.gif

Hi Rebecca,
Gynae said no side effect on periods n menopause (ard 50yo).

Vagima, how would ligation cause the risk of pregnancy to increase each year?
& sorry I don't understand what u mean by does the effect of the IUD lessen with time? Are u asking if chances of pregnancy will increase over time? I guess as long as IUD is ein place it's safe. I removed it after 3 years to try for #3 so didn't wait until the full 5 years. But thought it was gd for me thru that 3 years

The string is not visible from outside of the body. Though we can try to feel for the string to check if the IUD is in place/not expelled, my previous gynae didn't want to teach me to feel for it, coz she mentioned that some ladies tried to hard to feel for the string that they either unknowingly move the IUD out of place or pull the string & coz the string to be removed...

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from Straits Times, looking to feature mums to be giving birth in 2013 to ask them about their hopes and aspirations for baby. Looking for interesting circumstances, eg, 4th baby is different gender from first three. Rebecca, if you don't mind, can pls drop me an email/PM as you don't accept PM. Other mums with interesting stories to share, pls contribute as well. My email is [email protected] Thank you very much!

Chanced upon this thread today....

My #3 is due in Jan 13. #1 is 7 & #2 is 5. No maid & I'm a sahm. Getting the jitters now that edd is getting nearer n nearer. Wondering how I am going to cope with 3 boys at home next year. My inlaws keep bugging us to get a maid but previous experiences are bad. So, unless I come across a very good recommendation. If not, I will not want to pay so much to get in a new maid now. May end up stressing over 4 people in the house. ......sigh!

Zhimin,
So coincidence to see u in here too! ^_^

Hi juz saw tis thread too... Expecting no 3 in June next yr. my boy is 6 tis yr n going to p1 next yr n my girl is 5 this yr.... I'm a sahm staying in the east. I hav a helper but helper does the household chores only n the rest regarding my kids I will handle them myself...

just saw this thread..

i have 2 boys (2010, 2011), 18 mths apart.
And I deliver my no 3 a gal (13 mths apart from no 2) in dec 2012 but she was a stillborn at week 39 day 4.

Gonna try for no 4 after 9 mths!

Hi elise31

Sorry to hear about your loss. It must have been very hard on you.

I too was pregnant in dec2012 with baby number 4, but miscarried 4 days ago.

Baby would be due this September.

Hi all mummy,
I'm SAHM.i have 3boys #1(5yr old)#2(2.5yr old)n#3(1yr old)
Would like to make friends wit those mummies who Hv 3 kids :)

hi mummies

so nice to see many having no3. i have 3 kids of the same gender - boys. my kids are in scc, ccc and last one under nanny's care. juz wondering any of u feel disappointed wif all kids of the same gender? sometimes wen i think abt it, i still do. 3 times oso cannot strike for a diff gender. not trying for no4 therefore finding it hard for a closure.

I dont feel disappointed. In fact, quite relieved as it's something I m familiar w. Hahaha..
My #1 anti-gal at 9yo now n influencing his younger brother. So they v happy to hv a bb brother.
In future, sleeping arrangement also more flexible.

I don't mind being e queen of e household. Kekeke...

Hello all,I am lee Ching.41 this year,just had a boy last year!
I've created a fb group for all of us,"confident mummies !!!"
This group is to bring our bond much closer together,at the same time it is also much easier to chat.
Perhaps,you may add me at [email protected] in fb.
Hope to hear from mummies soon!!
Cheers,
Lching.

Back