Preggie Friends Since 2003

hong
Which brand are u looking at? So far, I think Canon and Nikon are considered the better ones. U thinking of normal digital camera?
Now the SLR camera is getting popular .. but all quite exp. When u take pics using SLR camera, apparently it captures that moment immediately, not 1-2 seconds for the digital camera. Or u can opt for several shots at one go so that u can choose the best shot later.

I rmbr u mentioned the shop before.. There is another shop on the higher level which apparently gives good prices, but I can't recall the name.

jan/jul still coughing ... so long.. same like jesse the last time.

chris/cherly
But no choice rite, but younger than 2 yrs, wl be the bassinet.

cherly
Yah, thinking of bringing... all three of them.
Aiming for October.

stylobb,

I nvr buy infants fare for charlene last time even she is under 24 months. I purchased a child fare for her so she has a seat and didnt request for bassinet, find it troublesome. She was sleeping on the seat when we went to Taiwan.

cherly
U have to think of me that I will hv to buy 3 seats! leh. If they allow for bassinet and yes, they allow for infant fare under 2 years old, then I should take up the 'offer'.
Imagine once they hit 2 years, I definitely hv to pay all child fares.

Stylo,
I am looking at Fujifilm and Canon. They are of the best brand for compact digi camera. I have a half SLR but was quite a waste cos dun really know how to use. Planning to get a higher ISO so we can take pic indoor without using flash.

Nikkon is gd for it SLR.

FujiFilm F30 - 31 got high ISO.

Canon - wide angle.

Chris,
sorry apparently he dun recommend that brand. haha..

stylo
one more thing, bassinet seats are very limited in aircraft so must check-in as early as poss to secure the seats. i did a phone check-in 48 hrs b4 departure and already got bassinet seats taken up liao.

hong
hehe pf is strong panasonic supporter. even stuff in our hse like tv, dvd player all panasonic. my gf is into photography now and her instructor using nikon slr, looks like its a brand pro likes.

Good morning mummies.

How's everyone weekend? I got busy weekend, brot charlene for Mr Bean Holiday on friday (she requested) and she was very happy. After the movie, she told me she wanted to go for holiday but she will hold her luggage tight, wont leave it in the train (Mr Bean left his luggage in train).
Saturday went to my sister house for family gathering. Sunday wanted to bring charlene for a swim, who knows she start coughing and follow by fever.

good morning mummies!

cherly
i brot ash for a swim on fri am but yday she started a bit running nose...
fri pm my fren drove us in to jb for dinner and karaoke... karaoke pretty cheap there, RM$158 with use of room until 5am and 3 jugs of drink for 4 pax. jusco still having sale, bot a pair of seed jeans for only RM$32.. hehe so hapi
sat dinner went to try this steamboat porridge at joo chiat. not too bad but i still prefer the traditional kind.

Chris,

You seem travel in and out of JB quite often hor. At least you get to bring ash for swim, i didnt bring charlene since she has coughing. My SIL just brot my niece to pc ear and i asked charlene if she want to do the same, her answer is don want cos don want to suffer pain.

Hi Mummies
So quiet here..

chris
U mean we cannot reserve the bassinet when we book the flights?? IF no bassinet, do they expect us to hold the tod throughout the flight?

hong
Sorry we did go swimming but I forgot to tell u and we decided last min so just went straight to the pool.

cherly
charlene sat thru the movie? That's good.

cherly/chris
Brot all three to the pool yesterday aftnoon around 5.30pm.

stylobb,

Yes she sat thru the movie. She was sitting on her own beginning but later sat on my lap cos got a tall man sitting infront to block her view.

cherly
hehe recently pf likes to go there... this mth end we gg kl/genting.. been contributing to their economy quite often nowadays. hehe
talking abt earrings, nanny got a shock last week bcoz one of ash diamond earrings missing! luckily she managed to find later...

stylo
if i am not wrong, the bassinets is only available at the row of seats facing a 'wall', so that they can hook the bassinet there. the flight we took to melb, think only got 8 bassinets available (2 seats to 1 bassinet), so its 1st come 1st serve. you can request when u book but its subj to availablity. for you, you will need those 4 seats facing the 'wall' so that you can have the 2 bassinets together.

Hi Mommies,

We are back. It was a great holiday
happy.gif
Weather was good, flowers were blooming and *surprise* *surprise* - toilets are clean! hahaa.... This is the first china trip where we dun have to wake up very early. We leave our hotel at abt 8am everyday... the timing is just nice for all of us.

Hi StyloBB,

Where are you planning to go?

Hi Chris,

News this morning said that crime rate in KL has risen by 40% in the last 3 months. Mostly robbery... better be more careful when you are there.

How's your new office? Got any sale nearby?

Hi Hong,

When do you want to come and collect your DVD?

Morning Mommies,

Stylobb,

Did u get to nap over the weekends? I was such a pig yday, napped from 11am to 1pn while CY was out. Then when CY came back, I napped with him again from 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Felt so rejuvenated after waking up.

Cherly,

Did u enjoy the show yourself? I've nvr liked Mr Bean, heng CY din ask me to bring him.

Chris,

Yalor, recently u frequent JB a lot hor? So our next gathering can be a JB Shopping cum KTV trip? Hehehe.

Preggie/Linda,

BAck from holidays liao? Quickly come here and update us on your trips leh.

preggie
aiyo dun scare me leh. i guess have to keep to big shopping centres and travel in group. 6 of us are gg together.
office not bad, nice environment but open lor
no sale news yet...

trans
that a good idea! we can go jusco for ktv & shopping! mayb we can organise one in jun when they have sale. mummies interested?

Morning,

Preggie,
i have things to pass to u. Long overdue liao.

Stylo,
NVM lah. We are always on the move on weekend too. We have a fruitful weekend. Took some pics and the photo turn out great under the sun.

Cherly,
Janelle wanna watch Mr Bean too. She likes Mr Bean, althot she tells us he is very stupid. hahhaa.

My BIL asked us to go Gentings in Dec. He said Jolin will be opened her concert there. I am suppose to help him on Sunday on Jolin concert but IL went to Msia so we got look after the kids.

Preggie,

Welcome back. You go on F&E or by tour?

Hong,

Ju so cute, haha i also let clarence wear the same tee yesterday but abit loose on him.

Trans,

Hmmm, i spent most of the time to answer charlene's qns on what Mr Bean did. OK lah didnt really enjoy the show but enjoy the session with charlene cos she was laughing all the way for stupid action that Mr Bean created.

Cla,

The DVD that we bot really quite educated, now charlene will tell me cant hide under the tree when raining. Tell my mum must wash hand with soap and make my mum so busy till she complaint. Hahaha

stylobb
I think is Ave 4, there's a newly renovated wet market at 1st floor with food centre at the 2nd floor.

Hubby's friend just came back from Taiwan and his wife told me the price she paid for infant is not very cheap although is mention 10% but the 10% is based on the face value of the ticket and not the amount she paid for an adult price. e.g. the air ticket for adult is around 700+, and the infant is around 400+ coz the face value of the ticket is around 2K, and need to add those tax and service charge, so she find now really worth it, child fare is around 500+. She rather paid child fare, got a confirmed seat and meal. I am not too sure whether is this the same practice across all the airlines.

hong
Wow Ju so big now... times really past very fast. He looked so different compared to when he was a baby.

chris38
I also got a panasonic digital camera but quite old liao.. about 3.5yrs but still in good condition. I find panasonic digintal camera is good, comparable to those branded names. the one I had is not those slim type, coz I want the 12x zoom lens.

Hi Mummies
Brot the gals for their jab... chara cried bigtime while julien only a bit.

chris
Like that ah, jialat, so ma faan to hv to chope the bassinets.

trans
Wah lah! Really like a pig!!! I slept for 2 hours yesterday, was really tired..

I'm on leave today... but gotta postpone chara's appt as her doc is sick.. aiyah, wasted 0.5 day's leave.

trans/hong
Went to watch midnite show on Friday - 'Shooter'. not v nice leh. I find the story so stupid..

preggie
Clean toilets - that's good.

Not sure yet.. headache liao, thinking of the seats / bassinets.

Hb's in KL today/tomorrow.

jas
Yah I get what u mean about the fares.. nowadays with taxes, really not cheap... imagine we hv to pay for three!

hong
Jul looks v cute! He has his own look...

jas
Oh I got my passport in 40 mins time.

chris/cla
If u all intend to collect, beta go on a Monday. Altho there was still a crowd, they cleared the queue pretty fast.

Hi Mummies,

I'm back too!

Crazy weather there, we actually experience snow when it's suppose to be turning spring!

Toilets... very amazed by their toilets. Seat auto open up when you go in, got heater, can spay water to your butts after you finished your business. (best part is that you can control the direction, tempreture and power of the spay.) Then will blow dry your butts. Hahaha very funny feeling I must say.

Trans,
Thomasland is fun! But sad to say, we did not spend enough time there. Only around 2hrs and cos of the time, Alan and I split up, me go shopping and he brought Ryan for rides. So I only got a few shots.

I collect information for you liao. See? I done my homework.
happy.gif
We are actually thinking of going again and staying at the resort next to the highland. Ryan was happiest there. It's bigger then we thought it is. If you are travelling from Tokyo, there's bus going there but you have to know the time table. The ride will take you around 2hr+. Once you reach (can't remember the station name) the interchange at Mt. Fuji, you got to change to another bus to go there. That ride is only 15mins. But do take note that the last bus leaving for the interchange is around 3.44pm. I figure you will need a free day in order to go there. Fee is rather expensive. Entrance fee is Yen1,000 for each adult and Yen500 for children under 12 years old. Rides cost Yen200 per time per person. There's unlimited pass but it's not worth it as Thomasland is only a small part of the amushment park. Unless you intend to take all other rides as well.

CY will turn crazy there, runing here and there.
happy.gif
cos that's what ryan did. The rides are interesting too. Something like a mini roller coster for the little ones.

The hot spring resort is the most relaxing stay. That is at Mt Fuji. The resort is tradition japanese style so it's another kind of experience. View is great! But hor, so many rules and regulation for hot spring. Rather stress when my friend brief me on it hahaha. All naked ladies there. Oh and one thing, children are allow into the hot spring. I'm so amazed by it! They even have those seats for the babies if you want to bring them in. Just put the seats on the step and you can enjoy hot spring with your babies. There's a cot in the dressing room too. I didn't bring Ryan in for 2 reasons. Thought it's not healthy for him to see so many naked ladies. So want him to follow Alan but Alan is too tired to go! I was also wondering if hot spring is too hot for Ryan?! But all of us did try hotspring for legs outdoor. Imagine, our feet is inside the water at 40C but our body is bundle up cos temperture is around 3-5C. We really felt like kings and queens there. There's an aunty whom will attend to us all the time. We will look for her if we need anything. Same one throughout the stay. Meals are provided and it's really wow!

Free & easy is really not easy in Japan. The train stations are so complicated. We actually need to run for the transfer train in 3mins on our 1st day. If not we need to wait for another hour for the next one. Transfer train is not as easy as crossing the platform. You need to go down and up the other stairs. On our last day, we board a train that will spilt into 2 direction after a few stations. So you gotta make sure you are in the right cabin. If not, you will be going to another unknown place!

To conclude, we felt that 7days is not enough and we are returning to Japan in the future with lesser place to visit so that we can fully enjoyed each places. However, free & easy is impossible if it's not for our friend who know JApanese. English and mandrain is still not common there. And most signs are in Japanese. Even the hot spring resort we went cannot be found in japan internet. The people there do not speak english too. Our friend asked her Japanese friend to make the booking. But I guess we can call to make the reservation.

Wow, my longest posting to date! Returning to office tomorrow... a bit sian after such long break :p

Btw Puma has new range of kids' shoes.. but not a lot lah.. they called hb cos he left contact nbr with them.... we only saw 3... there is a similar design to this but the stripes are in pink instead of black. But the sizes start from 28, he can't wear yet..

755155.jpg

On Sat, we went down to Robertson Walk side. Went bkfast at Simply Bread while jesse and julien were running about.. quite a nice place.

We also discovered recently that the gals like to eat bread! (jesse dislikes it.)

linda
Welcome back! Did u manage to catch sakura? My sil did.
Oh she bot me a coach.....catalogue!! haha, bo her hay ah ho (hope u know what I'm talking about)..
Yes, told u F&E not easy. My jap boss says ppl hv misconceptions about japan.... do u know he accompanied me all the way to Narita Airport cos he is concerned I might get lost???
Sounds like a great and wonderful break for u... how nice!

Good morning mummies.

Linda,

Welcome back, must share with me the photos. My colls also came back to office yesterday after her 7 days Jpn trip. She told me she saw the snow at Mt Fuji and went to hot spring naked too. My sil's sister is working at Japan and she told us not easy to go japan F&E, she said follow tour will be more economy and relax.

Good Morning Mommies.

Hi Hong,
Ju is really so cute and alertlooks like Jan

Hi DJD,
I also brought Raine to watch Mr. Bean and Meet the Robinsons over the past weekends, Raine enjoyed both movies tooNow she is asking to watch Spider Man 3 which will only be out in May...

Hi Trans,
I also napped for 3hrs with Raine over the weekendonly woke up at 7pm+ for dinner

Hi Linda,
Your trip sounds funlooking fwd to gg Japan too man

Hi Linda,

Welcome back! You sound so rejuvenated
happy.gif
Must have been a great trip for you too. Share your pictures with us ok. Did you go to disneyland?

Hi M2b,

How's Meet the Robinsons? We were thinking of bringing joey for the show.

Dun think i will wanna watch Mr Bean though.... i really dislike his stupid antics! hahaa

Are you going to Japan too? Am sure raine will be thrilled!

Hi StyloBB,

Puma has got new collection? I must go and check it out coz joey has outgrown her puma shoes. So far puma fits her feet best coz the design is long and narrow.

Morning,

Linda
look like u have a great trip.

Stylo,
we brot Julian for a haircut yesterday. He only fussed near end of the session. The barber did a gd job, he look so cool now. haha..

linda
welcome back! sounds like u have fun. you oso like me, come back already tinking to go again.. hehe

stylo
i renewed my passport liao. very easy...

HI Mummies

linda
Yah, must share ur pics..

preggie
Have new range but I think too big for joey, u go take a look. Size 28 is v big for jesse but bot anyway to keep.

hong
Hv more pics to show or not?? Wanna see how he looks like.

I hvn't brot the gals for any haircut so far...

I'm so happy to see chara climbing up and down the sofa, and she did it w/o a squeak...

chris
Renewed ah? Good. Go on a monday, not sat hor....
Aiyoh, even tho I used a recent photo, I look so ugly leh, sepia colour... looks so gross....

m2b
Lately jesse wl refuse to nap on weekends but tkfully he did on sunday, w/in 5 mins KO liao..

stylo
oh ya, saw topshop having kids and maternity range at vc.... kids wear mostly bb stuff but quite limited range, only one rack for both kids and maternity.

Hi Stylobb,

Where is this Puma shoes that you guys are talking about? Ryan almost grow out of his nike so I'm thinking of buying another one for him.

No need to caught sakura. Haha it's everywhere! I know what you mean. hahaha have been keeping clear of the shopping centres cos I know it's more expensive then Singapore. Wanted to look at Burberrys blue though but forgot till the last day and shops are close.
sad.gif
It's really misconcept lor. Even if you are in the right platform, the train that comes might not be the one that you are broading.

Luckily for us we have a "guide"
happy.gif

Cherly,
Actually the places that we went to are more for Japanese so it's not too expensive. Resonable as compared to japanese food in singapore. $8 can buy a big bowl of la / udon mee with lots of ingredient. But not if you are talking about places that tourist freq.

Hi M2B,
You going Japan too? You will enjoy yourself
happy.gif

Hi Preggie,
Yeah I went to disneyland on a wed. The crowd is horrible! Winnie The Pooh ride has a waiting time of 2hr and 15mins!!! We didn't managed to go to every part of Disneyland. But we have no intention to go again. Rather go to Thomasland.

Chris,
Yalor.. felt like going again
happy.gif
my friend is already planing for a trip next year hahahaa

Photos I have already uploaded into my pc but not on net. Will try to do it today. Anyway, not a lot only 200+ Will share when it's done
happy.gif

Hong,
Jul look a lot like Jan hor? So cute!

Stylo,
i upload his pic tmr.
I think Julian has alot of haircut since young. haha.... we will get nag if boy having long hair. haha..

WOW Chara does surprise everyone.

Hi Mummies,

Today on leave to do some praying and run some errand
happy.gif

Preggie/Linda,

Welcome back from ur trip! The thread has been quite quiet :p

Linda,

Ur Japan trip sounds fun. Looking forward to mine in July
happy.gif
I am more curious abt ur cost, wonder how much u spent for all the 7 days :p

Preggie,

Wow! Clean toilet! so ur 'SureClean' din put to use? :p Get to see the Panda?
happy.gif

DJD,

Glad Charlene likes it.
happy.gif

Hong,

Nice pics of Julian
happy.gif

Hi Preggie,
Dun think Meet the Robinsons is nice though my nephews and Raine enjoyed itbut I think Raine enjoyed Mr Bean more

Yap, hoping to go Japan w Raine but must see budget lorRaine sure will be thrilled coz she is still talking abt HK Disneyland now

Hi Stylobb,
Raine still take her usual nap on weekends and I sure nap with her now...turning into piggy now...dun used to nap lor...

linda
i know abt that wtp ride! its ridiculous. i rbr we reached 10am+ and saw this machine u can pre-book ur q time and went to try. imagine the q time for us is 5pm+!!! siao... in the end we went to q but got in abt 1 hr lata which is slightly beta than the time stated on the waiting time board which is near to 2hrs.
let us know when the photos are up!

Hi Cla,

Yah.. didn't get to use my sureclean.

We went to Beijing zoo and saw pandas.. but they are quite inactive.. hiding in a corner chewing on bamboo.. end up my mom bought 2 panda soft toys for joey to compensate for the "disappointment"

Hi Chris, Linda,

I think i'm the luckiest... when i went to disneyland in tokyo, the queues were short and it was not very crowded. The longest we waited for a ride is max 45mins.

Hi Linda,

Sounds like Thomasland is really fun! But each ride must pay a bit siong right?

linda
Welcome back.. seems like you and especially Ryan is having so much fun in Japan. Thomasland seems fun, I went to the website and they showed the hotel room in thomas train theme, so nice...

stylobb
Weekdays the waiting time for collection is so much shorter. I had told my parents back then to go on weekdays but my dad didn't heed my advice.

Chris,

That is crazy! I didn't see the machine that you are talking about. But the q is till outside and we don't want to try. 1hr is still ok compared to the 2hr 15mins that I saw. So I like Thomasland more as q is less then 15mins for all rides
happy.gif

Cla,

You still can't shake away your accountant feel ah.. ahhaha.. my whole cost is around $6500 for 3 of us which includes everything. We change $2000 and is left with Yen15000. I felt it's cheaper then package lor. But then again, it's hard to compare like this lah. I was worry that we didn't change enough but surprising, there's still left over.

Preggie,
Thomasland is fun. Alan himself enjoyed the rides too hahahaha yeah each ride must pay. So if 3 of us went together, it's yen600 around S$7.60. The unlimited rides is Yen4800(S$62.40) per adult. Ryan is Yeb3500 bo hua leh. No choice lor. Siong but not everyday ok lah.

Jastan,
Thank you. Is it? Do they have the hotel room in thomas train theme? I didn't know that. No wonder so expenisve. More then S$300+.

Preggie,

The panda also need to hibernate? is the weather still cold?

i wan to see panda pics, let me know when u upload the pics :p

Linda,

Hee! $$ mind :p

$6.5k for everything including airticket, transport, hotels, meals and lesiure? that's quite affortable
happy.gif

all of us are waiting for the pics, don let us wait too long hor... :p

chris
I hv seen the clothes at Wisma Atria... in fact the last time I bot two tops... v comfy and does not go out of shape after repeated washing.
But the kids stuff, like u say, is more bb stuff.
Now Bossini also has bb stuff but er, not v nice lah...

m2b
U can use a gauge from linda's expenses for the japan trip...

linda
Wow... a lot of $$ hor....

Puma shoes - buy from Puma shop lah, if not, Nike shop meh??? Hehe..

Mummies
U all e-filed ur income tax? The tax portal is causing high blood pressure for me.. I rembred I did change the IRAS pin nbr but scully I cannot enter. Fort. I can use my SIN Pass... ai, after all the trouble, at least it's hopeful I don't hv to pay income tax this year....

Stylo,

i hv not file mine but sure won't kanna tax since i din work most of the time last yr. :p

U got 3 kids, with the parenthood tax, both u & ken SURE will not be taxed for the next few years.

Thot IRAS will send a new pin every year?

Btw, i just rec'd my last year assessment last week but my hb's still not yet rec his

Good morning mummies.

Linda,

I find $6.5K for jpn is reasonable.

stylobb / cla,

I am trying to filed mine last night but wasnt very sure abt the parenthood tax. Both me and hb need to enter the section or just one person? Last year don have this rite?

Hi StyloBB,

I filed mine 2 days ago... every year i also kena taxed! sianz!

There was even one year i forgot to pay tax and IRAS didn't know.... until i called to check if i've paid it or not. The IRAS guy on the other line just told me "Better quickly pay before we find out!" hahahaaa..

Hi Cla,

All the pics in my blog liao...

Yes.. panda also a bear mah.. so they hibernate... now it's spring time so can consider that they've just "woken" up lor. Hiding in a corner and eating breakfast the whole day long....

Hi Linda,

6.5k for 7 days, 3 pax is not expensive.. considering that you fly SQ somemore leh.

stylo
i havent done my filing too. i need to file for previous and present co for last yr. hope not too complicated as present co dun print the tax form for us.
so topshop bb stuff here quite some time liao ah.. din walk into top shop for quite some time liao and din realise it. bossini stuff - so so only, rather buy other brands with slight more $

linda
there hv this for those popular rides lor. even the souvenir shops are super crowded. not forgetting those q for pop corns.. i bot 2 bcoz so nice! hehe... one pooh and one princess.. these japanese really know how to earn our $, make everything so nice and we cant resist buying.. hehe

Preggie,

I saw your beijing pic yesterday, went home told my mum abt the great wall, now she is itchy and asked can she take leave again sometime this year to go beijing. Of course i said can lah, otherwise when she grow more older how to climb up?

Btw, how much u paid for yr trip?

linda
Yes they have. Below the pic I got from their website
756881.jpg

stylobb
I haven't filed mine yet, was trying on Monday but there is a donation info missing, and not sure whether need to include in or not. Had dropped them an email to check and now haven't got any reply yet.

hi mummies,
a quick post.
regarding tax. for mummies who have 2nd child or more dun forget ur parenthood rebate. 2md child is 10k, 3rd is 15k. u can share with ur spouse.

Stylo, the rebate will benefit u alot. I share it with Law. He is claiming Jan and i am claiming Jul.

Hi Linda, Chris,

The ticket machine is called Fastpass.

Hi Cherly,

Even now, my mom cannot climb the greatwall liao.. coz really very siong and tiring.. my legs felt like they didn't belong to me after i climbed only 2 stations. My uncle who climbed 3 stations cannot get off the bus after that coz his legs were wobbly! hahaaa

I paid $1400 including taxes. flew SQ. We took the morning flight and return on the midnight flight. So technically, we spent 9 days in beijing - although the itenerary says 8 days. We went with SA Tours. I think it's quite good la.. coz the group is not too big and the tourguide + bus driver very very good... i've never met such a friendly bus driver before.. apart from driving bus, he also help us to carry luggage to our hotel room leh.... then there was once, we shopped till so tired and told him to drive over to us instead of us walking to him.. he made a big loop just to accomodate us and didn't complain at all... see so good leh... the tourguide and bus driver really made us feel like kings and queens. Both of them are like jokers la
happy.gif
Made our trip very enjoyable.

On the trip, we also met pple from CTC... their group is very big abt 30+ pple, looking at their group and the quality of their tour guide, we were glad we didn't choose CTC (although CTC is cheaper)! hahaa

stylobb/preggie,

The maid levy can claim too? The tax form said can enter twice of the amt we paid, does it mean if i paid $600 for the levy but can claim $1200?

Hong,

So if ben claim the 2 children under the parenthood rebate, i no need to enter child details in that section?

Preggie,

Great wall so siong ah? I have heard abt pple said is very tiring to climb. So did you get the certificate?

Back