Play group at pasir ris

flopsy

hi, i have a daughter who is 8.5 months old. i live in pasir ris. anyone interested in forming a play group?

I stay in pasir ris too... My boy is 8 mths. Interested to form play group...actually I am looking for lessons for him where he can interact with other kids. I am working part time so there would be a few days that I am at home.

Hello Mummies

I'm staying at Pasir Ris too, just moved here 6 months ago.
I have a 9-month-old baby girl and a 6-year-old boy.

I am also very interested to join this playgroup.

To start the ball rolling....

When is a good time for us to meet up for our babies to play?

Morning, Afternoon, Evenings?

Weekdays or Weekends?

Where shall we meet?

Just some suggestions in Pasir Ris, please fee free to contribute:
1) Downtown East - eXplorer kids?
2) Someone's home?
3) Someone's condo function room?

Would love to hear from all of you so that we can arrange this playgroup
happy.gif

Hi <font color="#F87431">cafefloat</font>
Okie, noted
happy.gif

Oooo, you stay near Pasir Ris MRT station. I'm staying at Drive 3, I visit the NTUC Supermarkets at White Sands and Ehub, Downtown East very frequently :p

<font color="#F87431">eXplorer kids</font>
At eXplorer kids, there is a <font color="blue">Toddler Play Area</font>, this section is suitable for babies below 3 years old, it has a ball pool that is easy for parents and guardians to watch over their toddlers.
I believe week days are good, less crowded, especially so when the school re-opens.

<font color="#F87431">My Gym @ Tampines</font>
Btw, have you brought or sign up your girl for Gymboree, My Gym or Kindermusik etc?
Quite recently I brought my girl for a trial class at My Gym @ Tampines.
It's pretty fun and enjoyable, I had a great time bonding with her
happy.gif

You can read my review <font color="red">here</font>

<font color="#F87431">Kindermusik</font>
Last March, I have emailed to enquire with <font color="red">Monte Kidz World</font>, Elias Mall for a Kindermusik Village Program (6mths to 6 years) conducted there.
I have never been to Monte Kidz World so I thought I might want to arrange to bring my girl for a Kindermusik trial lesson too, any mummies interested to join me?
Hey, I just found out they have gym programs too - GymKidz (6mths to 6 years)

<font color="#F87431">Responses</font>
Let's see if we can get some more response to organize our 1st playgroup session.

Hi mummies!

I'm interested in joining the Pasir Ris play group as well - I have a 10.5 mths old baby boy and I stay near Elias Mall.
happy.gif

Re: Kindermusik
Wenlim777: I also recently found out that Monte Kidz is offering Kindermusik classes and is very keen in joining but I can only go on weekend.... Which day do you plan to go? Maybe we can arrange to go together?
happy.gif

Hi Cafefloat,
the information was from wenlim777 actually...
happy.gif

Thanks Wenlim777! Let me know and we can arrange to go together. Sat 11am any week is generally fine with me so far.

You ladies made me feel bad... I actually stay very near to Elias Mall but never made any effort to go check it out! :p

Anyway, great knowing the pasir ris mummies! Are you both SAHM or FTWM? I'm a FTWM and my PILs who are staying in Tampines are helping me look after my boy. I generally pick him up ard 7+ and recently I started feeling guilty that I've not made any effort to bring him for any 'baby activities'... the woes of FTWM... Hopefully our Kindermusik trial will work out!
happy.gif

<font color="#F87431">cafefloat</font>
Sure, if weather permits (no heavy rain), this Wednesday is fine with me.Afternoon? On? What Time?
But there's only 2 of us at the moment, tzen is working leh.....
BTW, would you like to join tzen and I to go for the Kindermusik trial class on one of the Saturdays?

<font color="#F87431">tzen</font>
Take half day leave lah, join us on Wednesday lah.....kekekeke.
BTW sorry for the delay, Alice from Monte Kidz still has not reply my email so I will give her a call tomorrow instead. Will definitely keep you and cafefloat posted.

<font color="Blue"><font size="+1">Any mummies wanna join us at eXplorer Kids, Downtown East this Wednesday, 23 June?
</font></font>

I'm a PTWM, I love and enjoy this kind of arrangement :p because I'm not away from my baby for too long and I'm not mentally and physically drained out after work. I still have the energy to entertain my hubby, baby girl and coach my son to study (he's going P1 next year, I'm so stressed!!!)

I might go back to be a FTWM when my #2 turns 20 months or ready to go for Playgroup in Child Care.

Hi tzen &amp; cafefloat

Alice from Monte Kidz has replied my email.

They are are still running the Kindermusik Village program. The last program ended a couple of weeks ago and they are starting to build a new class again.

The trial class is at $35 which is redeemable upon sign up.

The program fees for your reference:
Program fee (8 weeks): $240
Home Materials: $67.40.

To book space for a Trial Class, I will need to provide her the following details, please PM me the details and I will send to Alice, CC to you
happy.gif

Name of Child:
Child's Date of Birth:
Parent's Name:
Contact Number:

Alice will contact us once there are sufficient babies to start a class.

<font color="Orange"><font size="+2">Any mummies wanna join Kindermusik Village program at Elias Mall on Saturday at 11am ??</font></font>

Hi Wenlim,

I can't take leave this week... pls enjoy!
happy.gif

Will PM u shortly on the details. Seriously, I think PTWM is really a good arrangemen! It gives u the flexibility of taking care of your kids and not having to sacrifice too much on the paycheck... too bad my company doesn't offer such arrangment... Lucky you!!

Anyway, had a really tiring day so going to bed soon! Chat with you again tmrw!
happy.gif

Hi mummies!

It so happens that I had to take last min leave for Thu and Fri as my PILs are not able to take care of my boy.
Shall we meet up for coffee at White Sands or something??? :D

By the way, have any of you checked out the kindergartens/play group/child care center ard Pasir Ris?

Thinking of sending my son to a play group or maybe child care when he turns 18 months (which is in another 8 months' time!) - wonder when should I start scouting for it? Is it a little too early now? Or am I too late already? :p

<font color="#F87431">eXplorer kids</font>
It was raining heavily yesterday afternoon so cafefloat and I didn't manage to meet up.
We'll try again next Wed, 30 June, hope it's a beeeautiful day with clear skies
happy.gif

<font color="#F87431">Kindermusik Trial Class</font>
I have registered all 3 of us lieow.
Once they have enough to start a class, Alice from Monte Kidz will contact us.
I'm looking forward
happy.gif

<font color="#F87431">Coffee @ White Sands</font>
tzen, see you very shortly
happy.gif

Hi Wenlim,
Great meeting up with u earlier on! Ur little gal is so clever!
happy.gif

My little rascal finally fell asleep at 3.30 after lotsa playing and whining - I can finally have some peace to myself. :p
Looking forward to eXplorer next Fri! Hopefully there will be more mummies joining us then!
happy.gif

It was a pleasure meeting you too tzen
happy.gif

Xavier is such a happy baby, his smile is so infectious.
You know, you’re going to be a very worried mummy in the near future.
He’s going to have a lot of admirers…....:*

I thought my little momo was abit groggy and sleepy after our coffee session but she was pretty fascinated with her surroundings when we parted, so I went shopping and bought some stuffs at Tom &amp; Stephanie.
I reached home about 2pm after cleaning her up, she had her milk, she lazed on her mattress on the floor then she KO.

But last night and this morning, I felt her temperature is a little warm.
She didn’t sleep well throughout the night.
I just gave her infant panadol, probably she’s going to start teething…..maybe….
I’ve just turned into a big tree, she’s behaving like a koala bear which she normally don’t……hmm……

So I will be going to eXplorer Kids on next Wednesday &amp; Friday, YahooooOOOo!!!

Ooh... The weather has not been very good recently - 1 day rained, 1 day hot and then rained again today... hopefully your little gal is getting better by now and ready to enjoy her wkend with her daddy, mummy and gor gor!

Anyway, I called up My Gym @ Tampines and is taking Xavier for a trial class this Sun! I also called up GUG for trial class tomorrow! Haha... this is going to be an exciting wkend for my little boy!
And I hope the weather next Fri will be good when we go to eXplorer!

By the way, I still have a few boxes of Hylands teething tablets. Can pass a box to you (FOC) next Friday or even earlier if you want. Let me know, yah?
happy.gif

Hi ladies my son is 25 mths now. What time is explorer kids on friday? Will love to meet up too. My son plays in the mega section now. Getting real brave. Let me know the time? Appreciate if someone can keep me in the loop my number is 98158264. Thanks! Jas

Oh dear i just realised the other babies are pretty young compared to my son. My daughter is only 6+ mths

Hi all, moved back to Pasir Ris. I'm thinking about the Kindermusik class, has it happened already? And ooo My Gym sounds interesting ;)

Hi blendedbaby
Yeah, welcome back!!

The Kindermusik Trial Class has not started because insufficient babies.

Wanna go together too?

To book space for a Trial Class, I will need to provide her the following details, please PM me the details and I will send to Alice from Monte Kidz, CC to you.

Name of Child:
Child's Date of Birth:
Parent's Name:
Contact Number:

Alice will contact us once there are sufficient babies to start a class.

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+2">Kindermusik Village Program (6mths to 7 years)</font></font>

Monte Kidz World
Blk 625 Elias Road
#02-326/330 Elias Mall
Singapore 510625
http://montekidz.com.sg/our-programmes.html

The Kindermusik Trial Class is at $35 which is redeemable upon sign up.

The program fees for your reference:
Program fee (8 weeks) : $240
Home Materials : $67.40

To book space for a Trial Class, please PM Me the details and I will send to Monte Kidz World and bcc to you.

Name of Child:
Child's Date of Birth:
Parent's Name:
Contact Number:

Alice from Monte Kidz World will contact us once there are sufficient babies to start the class.

Most likely is on a Saturday at 11.00am.

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+2">Any mummies want join Kindermusik Village Program at Elias Mall?</font></font>

Mummies who have registered for Kindermusik Trial Class are:

1) wenlim777
2) tzen
3) cafefloat
4) blendedbaby
5) jasher

Tzen> How were the trial classes at My Gym @ Tampines and GUG? Was it fun and great for bonding
happy.gif
Wah, Xavier now very simulated and will be looking forward to all your off days lieow, heheheheh!! Do share with us more on the GUG, I've never bring my children there before.

Last Thursday, my little momo was down with fever for 3 days which slowly developed into a false measles (infantum roseola) on Tuesday.
Haiyoz........she was so cranky, irritable and crying incessantly.

Anyway she's recovering well, red spots clearing, not so ugly lieow :p Heng ah..........

Sorry that we couldn't make it to the eXplorer kids as planned.

Cafefloat> I forgot next Wednesday 7 July - I'm working
sad.gif
unless we intend to go in the morning say 11.00am, I will be able to make it, how? how?

Hi,
Just saw this thread.
Im a FTWM, staying in Pasir Ris too and my boy is 17mths.
Been looking for a playgroup for him to start next month.
I'm interested in going for the Kindermusik trial as well, if there's still a slot available?
WIll PM you the details.

We went for the My Gym trial at Tampines last week. It was our 1st time in a "class" environment so didn't know what to expect.
They started off with abt 10 mins of free play. then sit in a circle to sing a song.
Then some gym activities like hand-stand, tumble, swings.
Then another song and story-telling bit.

But my boy (who's super active), was more interested in playing with the balls, climb around etc.
Didn't want to sit for the singing / story telling bit.
So now I'm abit apprehensive about sending him to playgroup.
Then I wasn't impressed with some of the teachers.
The literally forced (as in pried him away from me) my boy to join their activities, until he cried.
I thought it was normal, until my friend told me that they should've try coaxing him gently.
Then at the end of the session, when I told them that I wasn't interested to sign up for the class, they didn't look too happy.

Overall I thought the class was nothing special.
But on a positive note, I liked that they were clean, took everyone's temperature before we went into class and wiped all the kids hands and feet.

This weekend, we'll be going for trial at Gymboree. Will review next week.

hi call... tis is glenlyn...

hihi wenlim777.... i m actually one of those who had registered Kindermusik Trial Class with u liao... ;-) when r u gg for the kindermusik class?

Yay! The forum is finally up! Welcome blendedbaby, athelete n glenlyn! This thread is getting more active!
happy.gif

wenlim777: So happy to hear that the spots r clearing up and ur lil momo is recovering! Very soon, we can bring our kids out again!
I didnt go for the GUG trial class in the end coz my little boy didnt nap the whole day but fell asleep on our way there... Didn't wanna wake him up so we went home in the end. Also, they are opening up a new branch at Mtbatten and will be having 50% disc for the trial, so still waiting for that. Wanna go together???

athlete - thanks for your review was looking forward to sending her to My Gym, guess will have to see. The Pro - is that it's near enough so my Mom can bring her to the gym on a weekday

Tzen - I'm interested in the GUG at Mountbatten too, please keep me updated.

Blendedbaby,
Yes, one of the pro of My Gym is also the distance to my mom's place.
Give it a try if you can, I mean every child is different. For all you know, it might suit your child?
There's apparently a TumbleTots program at Tampines Sports Hall. I've been trying to call them but the number is not in use.

Btw, we're going for trial at Alpha Gym at Big Splash tomorrow.
Then Gymboree on Sun.

Tzen, Do let me know about the GUG trial at Mountbatten too.

Wenlim777, I've Pm-ed you my details for Kindermusik trial

Yay! The thread is active and moving again!!

Hello athlete, glenlyn &amp; jas> Welcome aboard!
happy.gif

athlete> I've received your details, added and registered for the Kindermusik Trial Class already.

glenlyn> Alice from Monte Kidz will inform us when there are enough babies to start the class, we are all looking forward
happy.gif

blendedbaby &amp; glenlyn> My Gym @ Tampines
I brought my girl for a trial class at My Gym @ Tampines this early June.
It's pretty fun and enjoyable, I had a great time bonding with her.
You can read my review here: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/406116.html?1275543844#POST11406497

tzen> Oh yes, I wanna try too, we can organize a Growing Up Gifted (GUG) Trial Class @ Mountbatten!
They will be opening the one in Mounbatten in August.

Actually I am a very "trial mummy"
I'm a sucker for trial classes, I know I can't commit and bring my baby to any programmes with any schools on a long term basis, I normally didn't sign them up. :p
Basically I just prefer to go for a variety of trial classes. (Eg: Gymboree, My Gym, Kindermusik and Tumble Tots), which I feel it's excellent for bonding, great way to simulate and entertain the baby
We can get to observe how the baby interact and play with other babies and also see where their interests lies.
With my #1 I use to go for one trial class every once in 2-4 weeks, I feel very happy whenever I see my baby enjoying the trial classes.
You know the kind of joy that I can't and don't know how to express in words........for instance when your baby turns to look at you with a face lit up, huge smile and twinkle in the eyes..........haiyoz......my heart melts man........ - i like that feeling!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+2">Kindermusik Trial Class @ Elias Mall</font></font>
Mummies who have registered are:

1) wenlim777
2) tzen
3) cafefloat
4) blendedbaby
5) glenlyn
6) athlete

The Trial Class has not started yet.
To book space for a Trial Class, please PM Me the details required.

Name of Child:
Child's Date of Birth:
Parent's Name:
Contact Number:

Please note the Kindermusik Trial Class is at $35 which is redeemable if you sign up for the programme.

Hi all

I've just got an email that the Kindermusik Trial Class might be starting next week.

They will confirm by email and sms.

YahOooo, I'm so looking forward to the class and meeting all of you and your babies
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

rainy day again today... the weather is rather eratic, though I do prefer rainy days better as long as I'm not caught in the rain! :p

Anyway, happy to hear that Kindermusik trial is starting soon! I am so looking forward to that!
happy.gif

Trial class @ GUG Mountbatten I will keep you all updated when it is available!
happy.gif

Morning, just fyi, not sure when the Kindermusik class is on but I can't make it this Saturday (10 July), I'm working. But I'll keep the next few Saturdays mornings free.

Thanks!

And I just got the sms that it's of course this Sat. I'm sorry, I can't make it. Enjoy
happy.gif
Hope to meet some of you then when we get the GUG trial class.

Hi All

Only a few of us can make it for the Kindermusik Trial Class for this Sat so it has been Cancelled and Changed to Next Saturday, 17 July, 11am.

Monte Kidz World
Blk 625 Elias Road
#02-326/330 Elias Mall
Singapore 510625

Can all of you make it?

Hi Mummies,

I'm new in this forum and staying near West Mall. I'm also interested in the trial class. Can I join this wkend? My son is now 18 month and also hyer active type so wanna try other source to release a bit of his energy. Let me know please.

Hi twinkle

Please SMS me @ 96180897 the details:

Name of Child
Date of Birth
Your Name
Mobile Number

Will try to register for you for the trial class this Sat, 11am.

Back