Pine Close Mummies

Mummies, fyi.

JWTS from another thread (from pasir ris thread)

Hi Mummies
JTS
re: pnuemococcal

im a mummy in may forum.. but my bb was borned in Apr..

Just to share on pnuemococcal.. For mummies who have not bring the babies to vaccinate the above, pls do so.

My colleague nephew just passed away 2 weeks ago. He was only 25 mths.

He had fever on a Monday (on and off, less than 38 degrees). So his mum only fed him with the pink panadol.

His fever did not get better. Thus, by Wednesday, brought him to see a PD at Pasir Ris (Pasir Ris Baby and Chxld Clxnxc). The doctor gave them some medicine and they went back.

By Friday, the boy still did not get better. They called the clinic to ask how. The doctor said "Nowadays, parents so kiasu, come and see me on Wed and Fri call me again!". On hearing this, the mummy felt that "Oh, maybe I really to kiasu ald.. just monitor to see how"

Things did not get better. On Monday, they decide to bring the boy to Polyclinic since he started to feel restless. The doctor decide to do a blood test for him since its the 8th day of the fever. After drawing the blood, the boy went to sleep... and passed away... Everyone was shocked...

The blood test report came out on wed and the boy was diagnosed with pnuemococcal.

The doctor at the mentioned clinic is under police investigation currently.

i'm staying at blk 11
happy.gif
and had been sending my girl (currently 3YO) to Kyra Preschool @ Sims Avenue...So far the experience has been really good...teachers are warm and keen..and place is clean and bright...

Hi Sarah Angel,

I'm new to childcare/preschool. Is your girl in full day childcare? What are the motivation factors for sending yr girl to Kyra Preschool?

My girl has started with Young Talents about 3 weeks ago. Here is how it goes:
1st week - attended 2 days out of 5 days - she was down with cough, which she got it before she starts school. No crying when going to school.

2nd week - crying starts, clings on to me when she reaches school. Heart-pain must also pass her to her teacher. Reality finally strikes her. She does this for almost the whole week.

3rd week - still clings and crys when parting at start of the week. By today, she is ok, willing walks in to the school and wave goodbye.

So far, her childcare seems ok. Her teacher although young is quite patient to the kids. However, when it comes to washing milk bottles, they don't seem to be that clean. Regarding what she have learned, it is not apparent yet, as long as she have fun and is happy, i've no complains.

A problem, that we encountered is she refuse to take her nap in school. This result in a tired kid at the end of the day. Any mummies have tips for this?

Hi mummies..

Long time never log in..hows everyone ?

I've just started my online biz selling children's clothings, would appreciate any support or passing the information around.

Please have a look at http://www.carouselcloset.blogspot.com

I'm waiting for a reply from moderator to start the thread. So while waiting, give my neighbours priority first.

Happy Shopping : )

hi pony...sorry for my late reply...seldom had chance to log in while @ work..just started my ML today...
happy.gif

No, my girl is not on full-day childcare...she's only in the morning session....I like Kyra due to the clean and bright environment and the constant communication from the teachers to the parents...

hi mummies,

i am a SAHM but going back to work in a month's time.
bb will be 1 year old by then and i initially wanted to put him in infant care. but now thinking of getting a nanny.
anyone got any recommendations for a nanny staying around our area? thks.

hi mommies, i'm starting search for playgroups now.

have a few qns:

1) what is the difference between playgroups and half day child care?
2) other than ntuc, chen li and young talent, is there any other play groups within walking distance in our estate?
3) where did your kids do play groups at? and what's your comment or feedback on the centre and sessions, in general?
4) i plan to start them in next term, is it too late now to enrol?

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Urgent</font></font>
Hello Mummies
Can i know which clinic in Pine close is good for treating baby cough?
Pls give your advise to me
Thank you so much

hi mommies, wonder if u all have any feedback about the playground at Blk 11 Pine Close? Some neighbours and myself found the slides too high and dangerous for the kiddos?

Am thinking of writing in to Town Council for feedback.

sarah,

i feel that the new playground at Blk 34 is worst, especially the swing! Many kids didnt bother to quene up as well as many kids running when someone is playing. If you swing hard enough, you will hit the pole too...

hi sarah_angel

I don't think Town Council will be able to resolve the problem coz the playground is pretty new. But is definitely dangerous..even the going up also very ridiculous
sad.gif
But no harm writing to them, at least is in their records, so if anything happen to any children, they should take partial responsibiities too

Jen,

I agree with you..nobody bothers to queue.. if you take a good look at the flying fox, is almost wearing out at the connection part on top..

thanks for your feedback...

wonder why town council allowed the contractors (who did the playground) to come up with such dangerous and non-kids friendly designs...?

anyway, i hv wrote to TC and awaiting response from them...will share with all mommies then
happy.gif

Aiya..those who designs such may not have children of their own so they don't know the danger of some area.

Just like the way they designs our flat, you know agar agar these designers dun stay in HDB flats..hahaha

Ginger, agree. look at our flats...the pine close wan, long rectangle living room thus become sofa and tv very near which is not good for our kids.

The playground at blk 11, slide so high and long...its dangerous. Dnt knw wat the kids does...i think they throw stuffs onto the slide and end up with a loud thug...sometimes really scares me...

I've 2 tins of 400gm Similac Stage 2 to let go @ $12/tin. Expiring on May and Dec 2010. Interested, pls PM me. Thanks.

Update:
The 2 tins of Similac stage 2 have been sold.

I have four Mamil Gold $3 off voucher for any purchase of Mamil Gold Step 2 NewGen Pack
700g or Step 3 NewGen Pack 800g to give away foc. 2 pcs are valid till 30 Jun 2009 and 2 valid till 31 Dec 2009. To be used at major supermarkets.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Hi Mummies,
Glad to find out i am not the only mummy worrying about the steep slide.We had raise this issues few months ago. (They mentioned to me that we are the only parent complaining) Below is Frankie's reply in Feb 2009............. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Dear Diana

I attached the interim reply (in blue text below) given by the playground
contractor - Playpoint (Singapore) Pte Ltd.

Attached explanation was given at site on 3 Feb 09 as explained by
Playpoint - it is just for your information only (and not for any debate)
on why the opening was designed in such a manner.

- this slide is design for children with sufficient height to play;
children with insufficient height may find difficulty climbing up to reach
the top of the slide.

- The 'gap' is an access designed for children (with sufficient height) to
climb up.
- The barricaded opening has incorporated with safety considerations that
it will
protect children (with sufficient height) from falling.

Notwithstanding the explanations above, Playpoint is currently seeking for
comments from KOMPAN. This is necessary because without the supplier's
consent and if any alteration is done to any equipment. It will void the
warranty undertaken by KOMPAN.

Meanwhile, we seek your understanding and patience.

Yours sincerely

Frankie Lim
Property Manager
Marine Parade Town Council
DDI 64488061 Fax: 64440919

[ This email is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have this communication
in error, please delete the email and its attachments and notify us
immediately.Thank You. ]

-----Forwarded by Frankie Lim Choon Kiang/MGR/MPTC/SGTC on 06/02/2009
09:21AM -----

Hi Frankie,
We have forwarded your concern to KOMPAN and will reply you soon with
the changes

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to revert back to me.
Regards

Jason Sim
PLAYPOINT (Singapore) Pte Ltd
1 Sims Lane #04-02
#04-02 S(387355)
Tel: +65 6398 1558 Fax: +65 6398 1559

To: [email protected]
Date: 03/02/2009 11:07AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: New Playground at Pine Close

Dear Diana

Please refer to our conversation earlier today.

We have contacted the contractor and will be meeting them (at the
playground) today at 2pm to discuss the concerns raised by yourself and
other parents.

For your information please.

Yours sincerely

Frankie Lim
Property Manager
Marine Parade Town Council
DDI 64488061 Fax: 64440919

pony: how is ur ger in young talents? i am also considering either send my ger to young talents or kyra. i find young talents centrea bit dim and i dun reali like the idea they let kids watch tc everyday.
hw, kyra is kinda of inaccessible from out home coz no straight bus.

hi mummies

i am stayin pine close too, wana ask if anyone is keen to take over Brand New Crocs Athens Black/yellow Size W6 @$20. pm me, thks

Hi megg,

I've withdraw my girl from young talents as I've temporary moved out of pine close area.

Some of the good points:
- the teacher/assistant that handles my girl class is quite nice. My daughter actually missed her now that she is out of the class.
- according to them, they never close the childcare before due to HFMD
- they have Kidz Gym every Thursday. The Kidz Gyms folks will bring the portable gym stuff for the kids.
- they have outing for the kids during holidays e.g. go to watch kids play or go marine parade library.

Not so good points:
- they are not that stringent in enforcing that kids that are sick, stay home. Hence, the virus keep spreading around.
sad.gif

- place may not be as clean as I' would luv it to be. But it is still decent.

I suggest that you go and visit young talents, talk to Ms Yeo, find out more the class schedule and you can even send your kid for a 0.5 day class just to find out whether he/she like it.

hi pony, i seen the place before. i dun find many smiling n happy kids.. and a few of the teachers look tired n restless. mebe i will see other centres before i decide, my friend says ripples at tg katong is quite good, but fees abit high

Hi Ladies,
If you all do not mind, can share how much you got your property in pine close for back in 2000? Can Pm me.. Thanks so much

I am giving away my son's Primary One Textbooks. All used condition and no torn or missing pages. Let me know if you are keen. I am at Blk 30.

Babywei,

I remember your son is in Kong Hwa. May I know how is he coping? Stressful ?

I know I am abit kiasu now since my son is only 4 this year but just curious to know their standard now.

I heard Kong Hwa standard drops alot but I do hear that the kids always have lots of assessments to do..

Hi mummies,

Mesh,
Chen Li only take in N1 kid which is of age 3.

Playgroup is abt 2hr - 3hrs.
Half day childcare shld be longer with lunch provided - for some places.

hong.. thanks.

ginger.... talk about kiasu... i'm thinking of pri schools now... my kids only 2yo. haha. but i think only.....

anyway, i don't like my kids to be in a stressful envt. but i think nowadays no matter what school u go to... it'd be stressful. the schools have no choice... if they don't push the teachers, they'd lag behind... its a worrying trend.

Hi Ginger,

sorry for this late reply. My son is in P2 now at Kong Hwa. He is still coping well. No tuition yet and he managed to get Band 1 for all his 3 subjects (hehehe) Save me tuition money.

Personally I do not know what is the standard of Kong Hwa. I choose this school simply becos its nearest to my house. Both myself and husband are working, so convenience is important to us. I do not want to tired my son by travelling so far to a "branded" school.

As for school work, I dont see a lot of home work from him. Maybe occasionally more when its near to SA period. He told me sometimes they will do the work in class and than bring home the unfinished portion to complete.

I am quite happy abt his current form teacher (different from his P1 form teacher). When he was in P1, his form teacher was on long Medical Leave due to pregnancy complication. So his class was having a few relief teachers until a retired teacher took over. It was very difficult for me to contact the retired teacher. I have to call and leave messages with the operator.

But things have changed since going into P2. His current form teacher is very interactive and she even gives us her HP and email address so that we can contact her directly if we have any doubts. She is very committed in her work.

By the way, Kong Hwa will be moving to a temporary location near Circuit Road from 2010-2011 while the current premise will undergo some upgrading works. This means I hve to arrange for school bus liao...Sianz.

I hope I am not typing nonesense here...(keke)

Thanks babywei

Kong Hwa undergoing upgrade again? I thought they already did??

Good to hear that your son is coping very well.

But ok la, temp inconvenience for 2yrs..bo pian one..

Babywei,
great to know that ur boy is doing so well in Kong Hwa. I will be registering my ger for P1 next yr. Anyone here have kids born in 2004?

I hope i can get into Kong Hwa under phase 2c and no balloting for kid living within 1km. If not my 2nd option will be Tg Katong Pri which is going to be 2km away.

hello mummies, anyone send their kids to young talents childcare in our neighbourhood? wana to ask for some feedback? thks

cactusnah,

profitroles - 4 packets = 1 carton
eclairs - 12 boxes = 1 carton

I'm not sure abt the sizing because i never ordered before leh.

Back