Petty husband

What I'm trying to say is 我未来老婆要花钱 ,用她自己的钱。 而我自己需要花钱 ,我也用她的钱。 :eek:

You sure you compliment me correctly? If yes, then you are one of the nicest woman I have ever known. :p

hi besides your expenses, does he give u money for your savings?

hi he doesn't pay for any of my expenses. Nor he give me any savings. He only pay for the once a month supermarket grocery trip. Kids expenses are all half half. Including my prenatal checkups, delivery fees and even confinement nanny fees are all half half. Is this normal? Or am I expecting too much.

hi cloud15, can I say all items between u and ur hubby all half half exclude personal expenses? How about car transport expenses for family also half half?

Ya that's right. Car I am not taking it most of the time. He is paying for the car and alot of times he is fetching his mum using the car.

How about dining out also half half I mean when u with him eg go movie, dinner for 2, holiday? Parent allowances, cny ang bao, gifts for parents relatives all half half? Actually I also want to hear more from other mummies regarding such contributions.

How about dining out also half half I mean when u with him eg go movie, dinner for 2, holiday? Parent allowances, cny ang bao, gifts for parents relatives all half half? Actually I also want to hear more from other mummies regarding such contributions.

Small amount purchases like movie purchases etc we take turns to treat each other. Long holiday trips are all half half. CNY angpao, gifts etc also all half half. He encourage me to take no pay or quit my job to take care of children at home. But where am I gng to find money to cover all these half half expenses if I don't work.

Small amount purchases like movie purchases etc we take turns to treat each other. Long holiday trips are all half half. CNY angpao, gifts etc also all half half. He encourage me to take no pay or quit my job to take care of children at home. But where am I gng to find money to cover all these half half expenses if I don't work.
If he encourages u to stay home look after kids then he shd know you won't have anymore income. On top of that, he has to cover your expenses too.

Quite similar to me when come to treat for each other and me and my hubby also take charge of own expenses...he used to give me allowances but not anymore now due to 2nd child starting childcare this year besides we having third one soon and more have to spend. At times, I found my hubby petty in financial issues coz he always said half half etc I feel it right he should contribute more as he earn more than me but having said that, he contributed most of child expenses such as education and insurances. We going to hire maid due to 3rd one coming and I have to bear the maid expenses! So see how to survive if I not working...I encourage continue working as we cannot rely on husband income besides you have to depend on his allowances to survive and what if he stop giving you one day.

Agree with u pyng.
Women wld feel more secure to be financially independent. Even husband gives, sometimes got to see their mood and face.

Agree with u pyng.
Women wld feel more secure to be financially independent. Even husband gives, sometimes got to see their mood and face.

Yalor...lastime my hubby on time give me allowance, gradually delay then give and turn in i have to remind and ask for it and depend on his mood like have to see his face good anot then I have to ask. Then this year tell me no more :mad: I tried argue with him but he give a lot excuses like all half half etc.

Yeah the financial issues causing a strain on our relationship. And the in law issues as well. So tired and draining.

ya me also but on financial issues. My in law good good so lucky me lah have no issue but I forsee third one has more financial issue but I have to bear with it coz if not kids suffer leh.

Sometimes feel that if husband so calculative, why still want to bear children for him. Yet most of the time we feel that having more kids is a blessing.

Last edited:
Sometimes feel that if husband so calculative, why still want to bear children for him. Yet most of the time we feel that having more kids is a blessing.

What to do...that why i hope to hear from mummies on this thread see really most hub are calculative or only a few like me. Sighs!How many kids u have?

Both my husband and I don't have individual savings. I don't get allowance from him. We contribute almost all our monthly salaries and bonuses into joint accounts and all family expenses, credit card bills, parents' maintenance etc are paid for using the joint accounts. Since he earns more than me, I guess effectively he's pay for a larger share of family expenses?

Both my husband and I don't have individual savings. I don't get allowance from him. We contribute almost all our monthly salaries and bonuses into joint accounts and all family expenses, credit card bills, parents' maintenance etc are paid for using the joint accounts. Since he earns more than me, I guess effectively he's pay for a larger share of family expenses?

That depends how individual expenses like imagine u spend a few hundred on monthly facial and he spend none of it?

That depends how individual expenses like imagine u spend a few hundred on monthly facial and he spend none of it?
The amount that we allocate (or I should say I allocate) to both of us is dependent on the average spending needs of each pax. E.g. he gets $500 a month and I get $300 a month and all other amts get transferred to joint account on pay day. All credit card spending are already paid for by joint account....the few hundred dollars is just for cash spending so should be enough. I go through all credit card bills item by item every month. If I see extraordinary items that are not supported by a corresponding credit card slip, I'll ask him what the item is.

Yah I think so too. Lately my hubby also told me better not have no.3 cos he actually wanted to have more kids. But the thought of me having go thru all the discomfort and pain of childbirth and to have u so calculative over all these money really makes me have second thoughts too.

Yah I agree we women need to work. I foresee mine will also show 脸色 when times come for me to get money from him. I am sure he will satisfy all my physiological needs but none of my wants. No more shopping in future . Will become 黄脸婆in time to come.

I am paying for the maid salary, and my prenatal checkups.

Whereas my hb pays for my 2 sons childcare which is around $2.2k.
And because we are staying with my mil, he gave her monthly household allowances.
He also pay for the car maintenance, petrol and our/kid insurances too.
Even CNY ang bao he will handle.

As for food and groceries, we usually take turns, but most of the time he pays.
For holidays, if he is already paying for the hotel, I will volunteer for overseas expenses.

So I guess my hb is contributing a larger share of the family expenses.

Last edited:
Yah I think so too. Lately my hubby also told me better not have no.3 cos he actually wanted to have more kids. But the thought of me having go thru all the discomfort and pain of childbirth and to have u so calculative over all these money really makes me have second thoughts too.

Yah I agree we women need to work. I foresee mine will also show 脸色 when times come for me to get money from him. I am sure he will satisfy all my physiological needs but none of my wants. No more shopping in future . Will become 黄脸婆in time to come.

Yes. Better think twice if u want no.3 coz mine is accident lol. I heard many stories hubby stop giving allowances and give many excuses so better work!

I am paying for the maid salary, and my prenatal checkups.

Whereas my hb pays for my 2 sons childcare which is around $2.2k.
And because we are staying with my mil, he gave her monthly household allowances.
He also pay for the car maintenance and our insurances too.

As for food and groceries, we usually take turns, sometimes I pay sometimes he pay.
But most of the time he pays.

So I guess my hb is contributing a larger share of the family expenses.

Ur hub earn much more than u? U having number 3 soon too right and he paying all too?

The amount that we allocate (or I should say I allocate) to both of us is dependent on the average spending needs of each pax. E.g. he gets $500 a month and I get $300 a month and all other amts get transferred to joint account on pay day. All credit card spending are already paid for by joint account....the few hundred dollars is just for cash spending so should be enough. I go through all credit card bills item by item every month. If I see extraordinary items that are not supported by a corresponding credit card slip, I'll ask him what the item is.

ic...better have own savings as u never know what happened in 5 or 10 years down the road.

Yupe, he is indeed earning more than I do.
He is the one who wanted no.3.
Nothing changes, even if I have my 3rd kid.

Yupe, he is indeed earning more than I do.
He is the one who wanted no.3.
Nothing changes, even if I have my 3rd kid.

good for u :) btw when u due and cfm gal right sorry to side track as I happened to see ur post on harmony.

All women must work if not face the risks of your husband triumphant you like elephant the day when you are left with not even a dollar.

Exceptional cases are those whose wives manage husband's income or husbands bringing home few thousand dollars a month due to his CEO high earning power. :)

What to do...that why i hope to hear from mummies on this thread see really most hub are calculative or only a few like me. Sighs!How many kids u have?
I have only 1. I wish to have more but hsb not helping much. Sometimes money isnt everything too

I think it boils down to different couple different style. I think petty is quite harsh perhaps he has other difficulties?

Well for me and my hubs, we both know that we will need to earn for our keeps cos we got no family support (e.g. if we are broke or we need money we cant turn to family for loan or for them to help us with payment) so we are quite financially independent as a couple. Basically paid for everything from wedding to house on our own. So we know some.luxury like car is something we cant afford now.

Small items like meals/buying of stuff we take turns to pay. Things charged to my credit card like groceries, household items we will split when the bill is here or take from our joint acc. He earns more but he saves more so if i need more money he will be the one to help and pay first. So i am fine with splitting half even tho he earns more.

E.g. now i am pregnant, most of the bills to see doc and tcm during ttc was paid by him first.

Hub no comment. He let me decide everything. But will see how. Partly also my age catching up. No time to waste.

in this case u can consider no.2 coz I feel having 2 kids better for such that the one has accompany and talk play about...like my 2 gals they cant stop playing, fighting and close to each other at least I feel glad that elder one can take care her sis when I not busy. Also very fun see them on certain acts make my day at times :) Besides u said age catching up, better plan soon. Of coz, all must be comfortable b/w u and ur hubby and really talk and discuss since u SAHM.

in this case u can consider no.2 coz I feel having 2 kids better for such that the one has accompany and talk play about...like my 2 gals they cant stop playing, fighting and close to each other at least I feel glad that elder one can take care her sis when I not busy. Also very fun see them on certain acts make my day at times :) Besides u said age catching up, better plan soon. Of coz, all must be comfortable b/w u and ur hubby and really talk and discuss since u SAHM.
Ya been talking n he doesnt resist the idea of having no. 2. Cos my no. 1 is a micro preemie tats why i have my concern. Since i am the main caregiver, I am worried that i have to be hospitalised for a mth till delivery like my 1st birth

Note: my boy is a 26+3 weeker

Ya been talking n he doesnt resist the idea of having no. 2. Cos my no. 1 is a micro preemie tats why i have my concern. Since i am the main caregiver, I am worried that i have to be hospitalised for a mth till delivery like my 1st birth

Note: my boy is a 26+3 weeker

What is micro premmie.? Hospitalised why? Dun mind I probe....If you dun have other caregiver for no.2 maybe you have to wait one more year than consider as ur boy around 4 yr old when bb born...more or less he in child care and u can have more time with bb.

What is micro premmie.? Hospitalised why? Dun mind I probe....If you dun have other caregiver for no.2 maybe you have to wait one more year than consider as ur boy around 4 yr old when bb born...more or less he in child care and u can have more time with bb.
Micro preemie means he is very premature. Born only abt 800gram.
My waterbag broke at week23 n at verge of losing the baby. Luckily it stays in till 26 weeks n i delivered via emergency csec

Micro preemie means he is very premature. Born only abt 800gram.
My waterbag broke at week23 n at verge of losing the baby. Luckily it stays in till 26 weeks n i delivered via emergency csec

oh gosh...ok sorry to hear that. Really glad everything ok.

oh gosh...ok sorry to hear that. Really glad everything ok.
Yes. Due to 1st bad experience, i am also concerned with the next pregnancy. Likely to be a premature again. Esp i just crossed the passing marks of 24 weeks. Any earlier, hospital doesnt want to resuscitate.

Yes. Due to 1st bad experience, i am also concerned with the next pregnancy. Likely to be a premature again. Esp i just crossed the passing marks of 24 weeks. Any earlier, hospital doesnt want to resuscitate.

Understand your concern dear.

Back to the topic of sharing expenses. I guess Its ok to half half but not to the extend of being too calculative, counting to the last cent

Back