Petrol/ diesel fumes harmful for fetus?

Winniee

Hi all,

My Father-in-law passed on last week. Although I'm 17 weeks pregnant, I have attended all days of the wake and the subsequent funeral. After the event is over, I'm really worried about the health of my baby:

1. The wake was held in the void deck, so there might be exposure to car exhaust and pesticides (dengue cluster)

2. Smoke from the joss sticks

3. Second hand smoke from the smokers, I seriously don't understand why they will smoke in front of me

4. During the funeral, we have to follow the lorry carrying the casket, I was then exposed to diesel fumes, which made me gag, for 20 minutes.

Is there any harm to my baby?

Now, my Husband expects me to go back to his parents place every night, but my worry is that they burn joss sticks for my late Father in law and I don't feel comfortable inhaling it on a daily basis. And, it is a dengue cluster, why expose myself unnecessarily ? My Husband said I should be filial and keep his Mother company. But who is going to be responsible for my child wellbeing? I hate it when he doesn't speak up for me and try to guilt trip me into going.

Back