PCOS patient and trying to conceive, pls share experience here.

hey caitlyn
congrats on your newborn bb! dun be upset about giving FM, i was giving mainly FM plus a bit of my BM during the 1st 1mth +, gave up after that. i also had complications after delivery, couldnt walk for a week, and blurry vision for almost a month..i believe my milk supply was affected, so i didnt want to give myself extra stress.
As long as bb is healthy, its fine and we've already done a great job to go thru the entire pregrancy process, delivery & not forgetting its tiring look after bb too...

for those who are trying, jiayou jia you!

hey siew lei,
same here, i feel that my girl is a little hyper..hiaz..she's crying now....

Hi gals,
How's everybody? Seems pretty quiet in here recently.

I've got an embarassing question here. for those of you who went back to see your gynae after the 1st round of clomid to check for ovulation, did you go back in CD2 of the next cycle? I recall my gynae telling me that but I was wondering if he is going to do an internal check with menses and all??

hihi peeps
happy.gif

ruggles, haha.. can't help you.. you know me and my history with clomid.
happy.gif
but hv been gg to the gynae for my sister's check-ups. sadly she doesn't respond well to clomid and so the next step is IVF. She's very upset and so am I, seeing her so upset. So I accompany her to her appointments. It's the least I can do.

catz,
hmm.. yeah, i can understand that. just ask her not to despair yah.

yeah, i'm like hoping that I would respond to clomid this time again. Then that day I was so angry with myself cos I forgot to take the pills on one of the night cos I was so tired that day. So i took them the next day instead. dunno whether it will work.. sigh..

hey ruggles
so fast ttc-ing again? jiayou! aiming for a girl this time i guess?

here's picture of my 4 mths old girl Leia, notti and playful girl:
884730.jpg

btw im going to tokyo next fri, free & easy, did u go on package the other time? thinking of travelling to kyoto, is it easy to do that?

hi thewife,
aiyo, she is sooo... cute. aiyo.. aiyo... so smiley. yeah, if got girl good lor.. not fast liao lah.. kieran is already 14 months aldy.

nope. I went Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto all on our own. Are you going to bring your girl? Didn't travel kyoto much. only went to Himeiji castle. we moved from tokyo to osaka by shinkansen. if you know yo are going to use the bullet trains quite a bit, you can go buy the JR railpass from Taka before you go. can save a bit of $. Try to travel light cos it's stairs everywhere. So not exactly stroller friendly.

hey ruggles
14 mths already? im only going to plan for another 1 when my girl turns 3. im not bringing her, cannot handle, she's not as guai as keiran.
im only going for 6D5N, deciding whether to go Hokane or Kyoto...which one is better?

hihi thewife, wow, Leia is so smiley and erm, she looks bigger than my Bethany who is very very petite! Tokyo sounds fun! Enjoy yourself!

ruggles, don't worry lah.. you will strike when the time is right! Can't believe little K is already 14 months! Time flies huh!

Hi there, anyone know that PCOs and lump exist in breast, is there any relationship.. My gynae reveal to me that i had PCOS and one lump in my left breast... is there any link for both? Anyone can help me if you have similar experience or knowledge to this? This result make me worry......

thewife,
i never go Hakone in the end, i detoured to Gotemba outlet mall to shop instead.. hahah... but i have heard that Hakone is beautiful. But becos it is a resort town, things are expensive there!!

catz,
yeah.. fast huh... Timo and Beth also big liao right..
happy.gif

Hi Cfriend,
I don't think there is a link.. think you should ask your gynae more about it.

hey catz
Leia was born big, 3.7+kg despite mummy so petite, im quite sure its the ice cream i craved during pregnancy, or maybe she takes after big frame daddy. she's 7+ kg now at 4.5mths...her weight growth is slowing down a bit, maybe no more ice cream from mummy..

Cfriend, I don't think there's a link either.

ruggles, wah you good leh, can go holiday.. With 2 kids, holiday is not on my mind.. I might go insane siah.. my Beth is tiny.. very very petite.

thewife, wow, so envious. Beth is still LBW.. at 6 months, she's still 6.7kg.. nowhere near Leia's weight! Argghhh..

hey catz,
i think the weight is ok leh.. the last time i weighed Kieran at about 13 months, he was only about 8-9kg. but he's good!! easier for me to carry.. heh

ruggles, haha.. Timothy was bad enough. From 7 months onwards, he dropped from 75th percentile (at birth) to 20th percentile for weight. Argghh.. he wasn't even 10kg until not too long ago. Then Bethany is lagi worse.

Hi ruggles and Catz,

Thanks 4 ur reply.. I will have my follow up appt with my Gynae this Sat.. probably can get more info and shall share with all again.. IN fact, last week I visit a chinese doctor in jurong east (she seem quite well known as i got to know her from few contacts), she diagnosis me and conclude the lump is fibroma and link to my PCOs .. hope everything turn fine in this coming Sat appt... wish me good luck here!
kao_kiss.gif

hi babes!

so long didnt post here already, just a little update.. have given birth in 22nd june
happy.gif

here's my little boy @ week 5
906370.jpg

thks catz!! saw ur gal's pic in Feb thread.. sweet ang mo's look gal gal leh
happy.gif

he was born @ week36+6 coz i had pre-eclampsia so got to take him out asap.. induced natural fail so ended up e-csect, he wasnt big leh.. 3.3kg and head was standard 32cm.. dunno y i push 1hr+ he's still high up haha..
mayb his head enagaged wrong position :p

it really proves that PCOS is still able to get preggie naturally with help of Metformin
happy.gif
though it takes a longer time

** he's a Metformin baby (no clomid involve)

hey gals,
looks like the clomid din work this cycle / i missed the ovulation. my BBT is so haywire that fertility friend keeps shifting the O date. Anyway, whenever the shift, still din coincide with the BDing.. urgh..
anyway, i'm like CD35 like that liao.. menses still nvr come. (tested 2x, both BFN
sad.gif
)

My gynae told me to go see him again on CD 2 of the next cycle, so if menses dun come then how? any of you with this experience?

Hi rugs,

R u the kind whose cycles r really erratic and sometimes still v stubborn despite medication? If you are, then I tink its norm coz when I failed on my 1st cycle of clomid, menses came ard day 35 but for 2nd cycle of clomid, it came ard day 45.

Do u hv any PMS syndrome? If you hv, u better wait till abt day 45-50 to test coz u nvr know that you might be hvg a long ovulation cycle and cud mean good news as well.

If it doesnt come after day 50 or no BFP, then its time to see to yr gynae.

Hi,
Miss you all, so tired recently and quite giddy too cos might be not enough sleep. Too busy with work and don't have to mood to work recently feeling really down don't know why.

Hi Ruggles,
Jia you, sure you can make it don't worry.

Hi thewife,
Your girl so cute? Are you breastfeed your baby?

Hi Mei2,
Congratulation, ya your boy very chubby and very smiley too.

Here is my girl when she is 6 month plus now coming to 9month liao, very mischevious and active girl.

911637.jpg

hi siew lei, your girl is so sweet!
happy.gif
So fast hor? Lots of miracle babies on this thread now!

Mei, thanks thanks.. yah my girl has a bit of an angmo look like my boy also. Hey, pre-eclampsia no joke.. I also had drama mama birth story for this second pregnancy.. thank God it's over.

Metformin - anyone feel any side effects? My sis is taking now and she feels very nauseated, fatigued and no appetite. How ah? She can't even take daily dosage...

Hi catz - i gave up on metaformin as I was having bad stomach upset and vomit like mad each time I took it - was at quite high dosage though...

Ruggles - I am on 3rd cycles of clomid now. Clomid may or may not shorten the cycle,if u previously have long cycle, it may still be that. Wait and see lor - else, u can do a scan to see what is the size of the follicle to determine.

ah kat, really so bad ah? I thought my sister bluff me only :p Vomit ah? Yikes.. how about lower dosage? She only takes every alternate day.. like that how to hv effect? She cannot take Clomid leh..

Hi Catz,
Ya times really flies and baby changes their look very fast too...

Last time my gynae advise me to start from very low dosage and slowly increase it and I find it really works.

Start from 1/2 tablet per day for 1st week and then 1/2 tablet for twice a day for 2nd week and 1/2 tablet thrice a day for 3rd week... Like that don't really have much side effect. I have a history of gastric reflux and IBS but because I start with very low dosage and slowly increase, I don't feel any side effect

Catz,
I took Metformin for abt 2-3 mths already. Initially when i started, it gave me fever and vomitted for 1 week. After that, I think i am used to it, it became normal. No side effect or anything. How long has ur sister been taking? Maybe ask her tahan for awhile? if too unbearable, she should inform her gynae. Else, ask gynae can lower the dosage or not. I heard from my gynae that metformin can reduce the chances of miscarriage when you are pregnant. So it is better that she can continue.

Siew Lei, thanks for the tip..

weekender, my sis has been taking for 2 wks but on and off 'cos she cannot tahan the side effects. She is very drug intolerant and I think it's a very low dosage already leh. I also wish she can take the metformin. Sighhh.. Wah fever and vomitting for 1 wk and you can tahan???

hey tweetie,
I dun even know what my cycle is like. when my cycles first went erratic, i went on clomid and got Kieran on the 1st try. then i nvr had menses the whole time i was bfing until i induced it last mth to go on clomid agn. anyway, fertility friend keeps shifting my O date cos my BBT fluctuates a lot. I am into CD 36 liao, still no menses and all the BFN so I also dunno. will wait maybe a week more, if nothing then will go back to see gynae agn.

ah kat,
i really dunno how my previous cycles are like before i went on the Pill cos i never took note of them. but menses were almost non-existent after I stopped taking them. That's when i went on clomid and had Kieran.

Hi Catz,
I started on low dosage as well but feel that the drugs doesnt seems to work so I increase the dosage (w Doc's advise). I suffered badly when I was taking 2 tablets 3X a day...that's when I decided to stop. Also, wasnt seeing any result after on it for a few months.

I don't think alternate days & low dosage will work for her. Like that might as well she seek other alternate medication -- my 2 cents.

Hi Ruggles,
I think u need to take some time and build some data before things can change - else, I supposed u have to visit the gynae and do all the necc scan to confirm. Don't worry, I am sure u will be ok since u managed to get Kieran at the 1st attempt! Good Luck!

ah_kat

Hi Rugs,

U seem to hv stubborn cycles like me. When I was off the pill, it nvr came unless induced. Dun worry too much or give yrself that unecessary stress, if u feel the need to go c yr gynae at anytime now, juz go ahead. It'll prob give u some peace of mind.

Hi Siew Lei,
Yr little princess looks so cute, makes me wonder how my little one will look like too. Another 2 more wks to c her again.
happy.gif

Hi Catz,

Previously i posted in this thread b4 and ask whether any of them had side effect after taking metformin. I called the clinic and the sister advice me to just take one dosage per day only. until i feel better then i revert to the 2 dosage per day.

hi weekender, thanks for replying my queries... hv told my sis to try half a pill everyday. she's got very low drug tolerance lor.

ah kat, wah 2 tabs 3x a day?! That's A LOT!! she cannot take Clomid 'cos it makes her feel down... her next step is to seek IVF already lor.

Tweetie, 2 wks more!! WAAAHHH!

oh i tot im the only one having problem w metformin. it gives me a real bad headache! and when i told the doc in kkh, he made it sound as if im the odd one out! alamak. now then i know im not!

hi ladies, dunno if you remember me. i'm tub. just an update since i happen to pop by this forum today. i'm 6 months preggie now and having a princess. got pregnant via clomid and iui with dr charles.
happy.gif

edksd, I guess metformin is quite a heavy drug? so what's your dosage? My sis has random diarrhoea due to it.. as in sudden onset, need to go toilet straightaway type :p

tub, my goodness, congratulations dear!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Catz,

Hvn pop lar, 2 more weeks before I do my 4D scan to c how she looks like. Hee...hee.... I requested for it coz she is so precious.
happy.gif

Hi tub,

Rem u. Congrats!!! We r both havg a little princess. I m currently at my wk25 now, hw abt u? Shd be ard 24wks i guess.

Edksd,

Yes, metformin is quite a heavy drug and i suffered from side effects of it too like diarrhea, weight loss, mood swing etc. It feels terrible to be on it but slowly became better.

congrats Tub! wow! really a lot of successes on this thread! Jia you everyone!

well, my menses came today. dunno whether to be happy or sad. haha.. happy cos it came naturally without any drugs, tho after 37 day cycle. sad cos got to be a few more rounds of clomid, to try try again. so it's back to trying to bonk at the right time!!!
happy.gif
somehow i think the best way to conceive is to bonk all the time! that way, sure wont miss the ovulation!!!
biggrin.gif

btw, how do you know if you have ovulated? today i went back to my gynae and he just looked at my BBT chart and see from there, as to when the O was. But he never scan me or anything. i also forgot to ask him, cos i read that there are times when menses will still come w/o ovulation in the previous cycle.

Hi ruggles,

Mense came after 37 days is a good sign, at least it shows you are responding to the drug according to my gynae. So not to worry abt losing the 1st battle. Its hard I know but well, tat's part n parcel of our syndrome.

U can either do the BBT chart and when yr temp dip to lowest point, that is whe ovulation is abt to occur, to bonk at that time is considered the most effective n try to do alternate day n not everyday and spermies take abt 48hrs to replenish to full strength.

Another best way will be using ovulation strips or midstream. I still hv abt 7 ovulation midstream left over, can sell to u cheaper if u want it.

For me, I used both ways to determine ovulation and they give different results. The last time where my temp dip, the midstream shows BFN and when the midstream shows BFP, the temp is midway up and they are like 10 days apart. So to be frank, I dun even know which day i hit jackpot.

Yes, got times where mense come w/o ovulation and that is called an eggless cycle. A chart that shows no fluctuation in temp wud b most considered as an egg less one.

Hi tweetie,
according to my gynae, even if you bonk on the O day itself, it's only 1 in 4 chances of fertilisation leh!! bad odds huh..
tks for your offer, but i still have 20+ opks sitting at home.. heh.. i'm one of those opk, diaper hoarder.. hahaha!!
biggrin.gif

so if got fluctuation will mean got O? is that y my gynae never scan?

hey, after you do your 4d scan, tell us how it is ok? i never did that with kieran the last time. only did the regular ultrasound.

Tweetie, oh... 4D scan ah? Be prepared that baby looks very hideous hor..
happy.gif

ruggles, hehe.. you hoarder! But I think Cody wins hands down lah. For me, BBT, never worked. I kept having weird temp readings and I was doing it religiously. Gave up. My sis goes to the gynae for ultrasound to see if she's ovulating lor... seems to be the most surefire way. That's what happened when I conceived Bethany... I had this pain.. turns out that it was an egg knocking against my cyst and bingo, it became Bethany. Haha
happy.gif
She's sitting beside me now trying to poop..
happy.gif

Hi Catz, yeah, metaformin is like tt...and it can be very embrassing esp when u are house visiting...anyway, I dropped it.

Now on my 3rd attempt w higher dosage clomid...still keeping fingers crossed.

For me, BBT or OPK never worked at all..now gynae asking me to go back for a blood test on CD22 - see how lor..it's next week

Hi rugs, catz,

Really ah?? I am so curious how she is gg to look like? Anyway, sure keep u gals informed. No worries.

Ruggs,Fluctuation wud mean u O but to double confirm that, you might want yr gynae to do a scan for u or a blood test. I heard blood test is the MOST accurate. My 1st gynae didn want to scan for me coz he finds its gg to be v tedious and cumbersome where u hv to go down every day to scan to make sure the egg ripe and its gg to exp this way and stressful for us coz bb makg is suppose to enjoyable and not routine based.

Subs I went to c another gynae rec. by my TCM and he didnt scan me at tat time coz he said something to me like mine is goner case coz both of us hv super below avg results, n he juz let me try for the sake of trying and by right, SO-IUI was the nxt treatment we r gg to hit on and prescribed me Clomid to prepare for SO-IUI,so he didnt even propose to do any scans during my O period, citing its a waste of money. Tell u ah, when i c him, i felt as if i paid almost S$300 per vist to get scolded n slapped by him, so heart pain everytime. When I miraculously bingo wo clomid n only metformin, he told me its a miracle and only a few in a million happen to strike to this way. So in the end, i decided to switch gynae despite conceived under him.

If u find it extremely stressful after this cycle, u might wanna talk to yr gynae to try IUI as it increases the chances quite a bit.

Ah Kat,
Blood test will be most accurate, pray that Clomid works for u n u really "O"ed with it.

ah kat, wah blood test? ultrasound less painful right?
happy.gif

Tweetie, your gynae so horrible.. no patience and sympathy!

Hi catz..the blood test is to test for progestrone. If O, progestrone number shld be low (I tink)...

Tweetie: thanks..I am oso hoping though not very +ve abt it.

hey gals, thanks!

tweetie, yeah i am in my 24 weeks! starting to buy things now b4 i get too big and tired.

actually, so-iui also quite stressful. my bb is the result of so-iui but luck has it that we only went for treatment once and she managed to swim fast enuf. agree with catz that scanning is the most efficient. during my iui, opk shows that i was ovulating but scanning shows it should be a day later.

tweetie, i won't be going for IUI lah. I already have Kieran. If we get another one, it's a bonus. Kieran is already a blessing to us!!
happy.gif

I've been given 3 cycles of clomid by my gynae. so we';; see how it goes lor. still i think it comes down to bonking not enough!! HAhaha!!

catz,
show pix of Bethany & Timo? no time no see liao!!

Catz,

Yeah, horrible hor.....

Ah Kat,

It shd b alright lar, dun worry abt things which u hv no ctrl, like tat yr results will get worse

Tub,

happy.gif
I m 1.5wks ahead of u. Jus gotten back from my gynae, he said all is fine but i had some vaginal infection, so prescribe some inserts for me to ease the itch. So far, how much weight hv u put on? I put on weight abt 5kg, so worried I will be overweight soon.
sad.gif

Ruggs,

Well, if tat being the case, then u cont w clomid but pls stop if u find u r hvg a stressful mth ahead, else gg to waste that cycle. Did yr gynae prescribe metformin as well? Seems like most of us work well on metformin lei, mayb can check with yr gynae

hey gals,
I'm new here. I am on clomid for 2 cycles liao but I keep forgetting to ask my gynae what is causing me not to ovulate. Just found out that i've PCOS. Just want to check with you gals, how is diagnose actually and how come my doc never prescibed me metaformin. Thought that it will help to prevent m/c for PCOS cases.

Thanks in advance. Sorry I blur blur one.

Back