Parents have to be standby come to the class for cleaning the poo poo!

geokhong

Hi recently i have enrol my child in playgroup 2 hours class.on the first day,the teachers have told us caretakers have to be standby come to the class for cleaning the poo poo!i have told them her grandfather is 70years old and dont know how to clear the poo poo.thought i have communicated it well with the teachers on the first day.still end up ah gong need to fetch her home to clear her poo after 2hours she poo as we have missed the call.the 2 teachers refuse to clear her poo and rather wait for us after 1hr and half later after her poo!ah gong fetch her home then clear the poo.

Hi

Is the caregiver suppose 2 stay there for the 2 hours? It's quite unlikely dat teachers r unlikely 2 clear her poo, as there is d hygiene issue.

Mayb u should clarify d situation wif d principal instead? I mean, when my DD was doing 3 hrs of playgroup, teachers will clean her whenever she poos and will inform us of her stool condition (loose or semi solid).

Hope u can resolve this matter wif d school.

What is the normal age group for short hours class?i suspect that our class age group is too young thus the 2 teachers cant even spend a few min to clean up the poo.our class age combination is 2013 with 2014

My views:

Since its only 2 hrs of lessons, if the teachers cleans up the mess, who will manage the rest of the kids. Also, she will have less time to teach the rest of the kids. If there are a few cases per day, then the rest of the parents will complain as their kids learn nothing as teacher always busy clearing up other kids mess.

I think its totally wrong on the child care takers part to expect parents to clean her up whenever she pees, waiting for so long is extremely unhygienic and not goof for the child's health, i would suggest that you send her in a good daycare where they give training regarding these things, like the Huntington Child Care, where I send my 2 year old, they are extremely patient and and encouraging when it comes to these things,which really helped my son.

Is your kid in Talent Plus Playgroup? My boy was with Talent Plus Playgroup at Anchorvale and I had the same issue.

For my case, the teachers did not mention from the start that the caretakers have to be on standby to change diapers when my boy poos if not i would not have enrolled him. Instead I received called from the school twice every week asking the caretaker to go down to change his diapers. I had to go down to speak with the teacher many times and each time it is a different reason (eg. some parents prefer it that way, my boy is not cooperative, my boy appeared to be in distress etc). I told her my helper would take 20-25mins to reach the school but they will rather wait. Whenever my helper goes to change the diaper, the teaching assistant gives another set of excuses (eg. they do not provide diaper changing service, too many kids no time to change) and even instructed my helper to just wait at the backdoor everyday, she will call her to change when needed.

I even messaged the centre manager to confirm if the school does not change diapers but i got a reply that the teachers will change if the parents are uncontactable. Sadly, that was not the case as there was once I was in a meeting and received many missed calls from the school, panicked and thought my boy might have hurt himself in school. Called my helper who said that the calls were for the same issue - my boy soiled his diapers. The teaching assistant even questioned her why she called 5 times but noone picked up. Did they change the diapers even though i was uncontactable? Unfortunately no.

I spoke to the other caregivers who also said the same - they were all asked to go down to change diapers, no exceptions. Therefore, I pulled my son out as I can't control when he will soil his diapers and it has caused me much inconvenience. (I even got my helper to practice how the teacher said the diaper changing process will be so that my boy can get used their method) For my case, I feel that the teachers were not honest about the diaper changing issue - if they do not change diapers, just say so instead of misleading parents and conveniently blaming my son for being uncooperative. Asking parents to pack a spare diaper in the bag when the caregiver has to go down anyway makes no sense to me as well.

I have been checking and asking around the other playgroups and it seems like the teachers will help to change diapers if the child soils their diapers during class.

Back