Nu Skin's TRA vs HerbalLife Products

youbuywatisell

Hi,

Any users of either products, care to share your experience? Any results/side effects?

Marketers of the above, please DO NOT comment...

Thanks!

Hi,

I had started TRA program on 08 Oct 2010 and completed on 08 Jan 2011 which is this year.
Total I had reduced 10kgs. My 11yrs high cholestro returned back to normal. And now coming to 3mths, my weight still at 46kgs+ no rebounce at all. My diet is normal and I am not frequent exerciser too. I never experience any side effect at all.
Are you pondering which product to adopt?

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your feedback...

Yup, actually, pondering... according to my BMI calculations, I'm over-weight... I'm currently at 70kg/158cm... but I've always been on the plumper/fleshier side, though that's not an excuse... I have been cutting down on my food intake but to no avail...

I haven't been able to find anything on Herbal Life yet... I've seen a TRA user drop her size in appearance and in inches, but I was skeptical coz I wasn't sure if the photos shown to me were recent and also because she was also marketing the product...

I heard that appetite will drop when on the TRA program... does that affect you in anyway? I don't exercise at all... only swimming occasionally... I hope to drop inches in my overall outlook...

I heard that herballife is good for slimming down. many of my friends slimmed down after pregnancy just by drinking that for all meals.anyone tried?

Hi Tammy,

I've also heard that both products help to slim down not just after pregnancy... but my friends told me that Herbal Life uses drinking fluids method to replace meals... but they said the weight bounces back after a while also... =(

Hi youbuywatisell,

Your stats 70kg/158cm used to be my stats. I'm 73.8kg/156cm. Infact, currently i'm on TRA program rite now .

Like you also, kinda skeptical about the slimming program out there in market.1 year ago, I met a my friend who was on this program introduce me, but I nvr really believe that TRA worked.

Now currently on the program after 6 weeks, I have dropped 3.8kg and my waist 100cm down to 70cm. My jeans used to be tight , now started to become loose.

I really understand that it is not an eazy task to slim down especially if you love to eat.

I've tried herballife b4 , half way , i stopped as you have to continually to have to replace most of your meal. Quite miserable infact, as you need to be very discipline and able to resist temptations. I have also tried other brands in slimming which includes body lotions, cream applications.

Believe me , none of it work!! It only work for ppl with small amount of baby fats . if you have alot to loose, it's not going to be easy. I can show you my pics before i actually started the TRA program, email me at ilvbonbon(add)gmail(dot)com to find out more.

Hi Tan Wei San,

I have just emailed you
happy.gif

Cheers
Seller

Hi ladies, TRA is the Right Approach... what i like abt the program is that it is practical, and make sense....the things that we ought to do normally is practised in TRA. That's why its sustainable...I'm a user of TRA and I've also become another consultant. I have a friend who used to weight 98kg and today she is 75kg in a matter of 6 months. And the best part of it all, she only invest in the first set, i.e. 3mths program where she lose only 13kg but she continues with taking the 3333 diet and now she's an inspiration to all my other clients. BTW, she's a mother of four, and all four goes for C sect..TRA is for everyone! And its safe!

im pondering like YouBuyWhatISELL..

I hv tried Herbalife half way too. But i just hate shakes. I hate drinking milk. Im a pill popper..

How does TRA works? How expensive is it?

I was on Herbalife 2 years back, that time 68kg/165cm, considered big size. After taking Herbalife for 3 months (replace 2 meals daily with milkshake)+ exercise 30 mins on crosstrainer 3 times a week, my weight drop to 58kg. I stopped the Herbalife after 3 months and my weight stayed at 58kg for couple of months, after that I found myself pregnant.

My weight during pregnancy shoot up to 78kg, total weight gained 20kg, but right after giving birth, I lost 10kg, and during confinement month another 5kg.

I don't go back to Herbalife after birth, coz need more energy to take care of dear daughter, so I need to have proper meal, and my weight now 63kg...

Hi Millie'smum, TRA works in a multifaceted approach. I love the concept a lot because, I learn how to eat right and basically change my lifestyle to one that is healthy and I can definitely continue with the diet forever. TRA helps me 'kickstart' my basal metabolism which is responsible for 60-70% of our body's ability to burn calories. TRA helps my body's processes go back to normal! And I learn to eat rite, something that used to be very difficult.
Another thing I like is that TRA has a time frame of 3 mths for me to work on losing weight. SO, i can concentrate my efforts and put in my best in these three mths. Subsequently, i can just continue with my basic supplements and keep to the 3333 diet. Millie, if you want to know more, you can contact my consultant Roz at [email protected]

I tried Herbalife about 6 years ago, more for detox than losing weight. But my body reacted adversly to the product by the second day. I had severe vomitting and diarrhea and would have been hospitalised if I had not gone to the clinic early. I was quite traumatised by the experience. It was made worse when the consultant insisted that it's normal to have vomitting and diarrhea as part of the detox process. Had I listened to her instead of going to see a doctor, I would have been in the hospital on drips.
And I agree that the milkshakes are yucky!

Hi all,

I'm officially a TRA user...
happy.gif
Today's my 1st day... I hope I am able to cope with the change of my eating habits... hahaha

The thing that shocked me was when I measured my body age: 50 years old... and I'm only in my early 30s...
sad.gif

I hope to gain what other TRA users have... and be a walking testimony to others around me...

Hope to see this thread still around after my 1st-2nd-3rd month of the program, so that I can share my views as a user! Root for me!

Cheers!
Seller

I will support you! Concentrate on the 3333 diet and you are on your way to a great health and of course slender body! Happy for you! Do share with more friends abt TRA!

hihi You Buy Wat I Sell
how is the program so far?
Can share what it consist of and what u are/need to do now?

Hi all I m also a user of TRA. I started during Feb 2011. nw is my 3rd mth. Hope i can lose as much fats as possible.

You Buy Wat I Sell is everything ok for u? Let share!

Lynn Chia: just follow the consulant and took the supplement.

Hello everyone,

I'm on to my 2nd week+ now... I lost 2kg after the 1st week... then, my period came this week, so couldn't take my measurements coz it wouldn't be accurate...
kao_happy.gif

Ooooh... it's been a challenge for me... I haven't been disciplined enough to stick closely to the program... I love and miss my food too much haaaaaa... especially the dinner slot coz it's family bonding time...
kao_cry.gif

But... I'll try my best!!!
kao_sticktongue.gif
I hope to do better next week and bring better news to you all!!!

Cheers,
Seller

YBWIS !! can share what exactly u need to do in this programme when u mention discipline. Like what r the timetable n stuff that u eat(those shakes or pills)..

How much u pay for whole programme..

Hi millie'smum,

The program is actually quite simple... you'd need to take the supplements before/after meals as advised by the consultant... the shake is taken only once a day, which is the dinner slot. Overall, they advise that we take more fruits and veg during our meals...

I'm not very disciplined, coz sometimes I do take my solid meals instead of my shake esp. during gatherings... it's not that you can't take dinner, but the consultants usually do advise to stick closely to the program as closely as possible during this 3 months...
happy.gif

It's about $2K++... there are other optional supplements that you can buy also...

Tune in for more updates from me!
happy.gif

HILOW YBWIS!

I understand how u feel! mi too esp when there is gathering den tend to forget the shake! Try to replace it in the afternoon? hehe

I m at my 3rd mth now! Let jia u! Care to contact u thru email?

For those that are interested in this program can contact me too as i m finishing it within the next 3 weeks. hehe. Hope i can slim down as much as possible oso. [email protected]

Hi millie'smum,
There's this optional supplement that you can take IF you are taking VERY heavy meals like buffet or going for a banquet... and also, there's this G3 juice that I heard is quite good... I bought both... additional $300++... but sub-consciously, I felt that after starting the TRA program, I did cut down quite a bit of my "evil" foods like fried/oily stuffs... and also, the portion has reduced a little...
happy.gif
not sure if fellow-users also experienced this... to each its own, I guess...
happy.gif

Hi Kay Kok,
Yeah, I try to replace with lunch... but coz working, so lunch is leisure catch up time with colleagues/friends... wahahhaahahaa... I'm trying to stick back to the dinner slot for shakes... you can email me at [email protected]
happy.gif

Hi Kay Kok
how many kg have u lose so far after going thru this programme???

YBWIS
whats the G3 juice supposed to do? Reduce appetite? or Incrase metabolism??? WHats the name of supplement u use before/after meal? How much weight do u hope to lose frm this programme?? Does the shakes taste yucckieeee?

Hi millie'smum,

My consultant told me the juice was sort of a health booster... she said that after drinking, her kids fell sick much less often... there are a few supplements you have to take during the program... if you're keen, maybe you can reach some of the consultant contacts here on the thread
happy.gif

Sigh... my ideal weight to lose is 25kg... I think at the rate I'm going, with my lack of discipline, it's like reaching for the stars
sad.gif
I gotta buck up!!!

Noooooo the shake is much tastier than some I've tried... there're 2 flavours: chocolate and vanilla... i took the chocolate one... haaaaaaa... it can almost pass as a normal milkshake
happy.gif

Hi Millie'smum!

If you need consultant i can help! I guess we should really help one another for losing weight.

I agree with YBWIS! it really helps mi not to eat those heavy n "evil" food! like esp those oily food. i m a big eater also. so this actually change my lifestyle of the way we eat.

wa YBWIS u even buy the G3?? i heard is gd but i nv try! YBWIS u can do it! Jia u!

Millie'smum-
I am actually 157cm and 63kg before taking this TRA. for mi i didnt actually lost alot of kg. but i lost in inches more cos out muscles grew n therefore the kgs nv really decrease much. but i will update u again tomorrow as i m meeting my consultant tml to review on me.

If u need consultant let me know i m willing to help as i about to end this 3mths program.

YBWIS- yea lunch is always time for us to gather with colleagues but still we can do it in these 3 mths. i know is like " very ke lian" but you can! JIA U! Support u!
happy.gif

Hi Kay Kok,

Yup! I bought the G3 too... hahahaha 4 bottles... just buy and try lor... doesn't taste too bad... you can consider 2 bottles first... and I got Fibrenet too... just in case I succumb to the evil of all evils - BUFFETs...
happy.gif
better safe than waste my money...

Yup! Will "jia you jia you" hahahahhaaaaa... I'll see how I go along the way!
happy.gif

O I Nv buy fibernet. Just resist all the fatty food for these 3 mths. Hope I can but sometimes still craving for fries!!! Haha. Cannot eat fast food. So ke lian like tt.

Breakfast : 1 piece of bread with Milo or cereal.
Lunch: U -mian noodles or dumplings soup only
Dinner: trimshake with some vegetables or fruits.

Is like so plain! Hai. But I m still very fat for nw. Hope the remaining 3 weeks will b better.
happy.gif
Jia u

My spirit is willing, but flesh very weak... hahahhaaa... i also lost some inches... though I still feel I look the same... hahahaahahahaa

Good luck!!! You're coming to the end of the program soon...
happy.gif
jia you, jia you!!!

Yea! my weight decrease this time. Hope the next 3 weeks will be better, maybe we can meet up YBWUS
happy.gif

pardon me, TRA is a diet of popping pills and reduced portion and meal supplement, simply said??

Hi Lynn,

Is taking supplement and shake meals. can eat as per normal just choose non oily food.
happy.gif

Yeah, I'm glad to see so many people taking TRA! its anyway The Right Approach! Yes Lynn, what I like abt TRA is that its simple and practical, just changing our lifestyle to a healthier one with the help of the supplements and following the 3333 diet. Also start to move our body more. TRA is an interesting program, you must not concentrate too much on how much weight you lose, but concentrate on the supplements and diet well and let your body handle the changes...I've come across many friends who lose maybe abt 6-9kg in 3 mths but significant drop in body fat and visceral fat..but later after the 3 mths program, they continue to lose further on their own, of course I advise them to continue with the basic supplement like lifepak and marine omega, add G3 if you can! Together we shld all make the world a lighter place with TRA!

YES! i m so glad my visceral fat drop again! YEA!:D GALVANIC SPA is great too. anione try it? i wan to use it to place on my arms. i got too huge armss

I was sharing with another friend that TRA just recognises fat cells haha...I'm sure evryone here can do it, all the best! I've 3 sets of galvanic spa, one for me, one for my husband and one for my in laws... I love it!

Hi Mummies
Can I check if you ladies are using TRA by the 'ala carte' method, means you do not use all the products of TRA, or you bought the whole transformation pack? It's really ex...

I would like to ask those ladies who are using the ala carte method, are you all also seeing results after a month or two?

By the way, did your consultant aka the one serving you, make u attend those TRA lessons with a whole bunch of others on TRA as well? eg. exercise class, etc for motivation? Cos I m really busy and do not have time for that.. but the baby fats left after delivery has been there for half a year and not going anywhere... so I am seriously considering TRA.

Any side effects? eg. heart palpitation, allergy, etc?

Thanks and I look forward to your helpful replies before I commit to TRA and spend thousands... :S!

Hi minimint, there's a good reason why TRA is packaged in three months. Because our body needs time to change, and let alone affect the fats. you really need three months. From my experience, you can see some changes in the first two months but may not be much. Then you may give up half way and that's going to be a waste because, our body needs time, imagine we have been living with such condition and unhealthy lifestyle for years, I think three mths is a good time to allow our body to change. Some even requires longer.
Minimint, i agree that if you look at $2k+ is expensive, but this amt is really cheap to get back our health, I've never seen a medical treatment that cost this low and at the end of the program, you can get back health.This is really worth your money! BTW, if you purchase ala carte, the price is more. The package is a really good price!

Hi all, I have just signed on for TRA program, but i will only start it at beginning of Jun11 as next week i will be at overseas... Hope I can regain the figure before giving birth, hee....

minimint

is worth is as what starry mention. is come in a transformation pack.

yes my consultant oso ask mi to attend but i guess if no time oso arrange to go for TRA classes.

no side effects

Poggy, thx for your encouragement. Before i decided to take TRA program, i hv been considering quite sometimes on whether to take forever living lifestyle 30 or TRA. I know dat i am not very persistent and always give up halfway, so i need a simpler product which has someone to follow up closely on my progress... well, the consultant told me i will know that i hv made a correct decision after 2 weeks... hmmm... very confident leh...

Absolutely love TRA, for beauty and health, worth every penny.

I have seen how it has helped people with chronic disease like diabetes and high blood getting rid of the fats and thus improving their health.

If want to know more, can PM me

Sharon,

Yea. i am those tt will on diet like almost everytime and the weight bouce back after tt. which stops me from having the determination to go on forever. i still got around 1 more week to end my 3mths TRA! i hope to even lose more after TRA n continue the exercising habits n lose even more. my clothes can fit mi in now and it even look better as my legs are skinny now except that my arms are still huge n fat. Hope GALVANIC SPA can help me more

That's great Sharon! You will definitely get your pre pregnancy figure or even better! Trust the program and trust your body. The body work in simple and amazing ways!TRA is specially designed by scientists, and the whole program is patented. that's why tra works! Its not designed by marketing people who is only concern abt sales. Trust the whole prgram, you will achieve your ideal figure!

Hi all

Thanks for your comments to my questions.

Anyone on ala carte method for 3 months, instead of the whole transformation pack? And saw improvements?

Is fibernet the optional one? Won't taking trimshake make you hungry very fast?
happy.gif

I have 2 friends who insist to get one month initially, even after i advice them on the pros and cons, eventually after the end of one mth, they continue to the second month. Their body fat is around 27%, if you have a very high body fat percentage, to start on a mth program is really a waste of money. They have lose weight but their body fat is still not ideal, because they stil have to change their eating habits, lifestyle and again this need time. Trimshake will only replace your carbo and protein portions, you will feel hungry because you still need to have your vegetables and fruit portion. Once you add them, you shld'nt feel hungry. Fibrenet is optional, only if you are eating buffets, bbq, feast etc. Otherwise, you don't need it.

Hi Kay,

Congrats!!!
happy.gif
How's everything so far? I'm so sluggish following my routine... I need to buck up... haaaaa

Thinking of doing a 2nd round of the program... Has anyone done this before?

Back