Jyok

Hi all,

I have just tested positive (5weeks) for my 3rd pregnancy. I will be turning 35 this Dec and my baby is due March 2022. I did Oscar Test for my previous two pregnancies and the results were healthy.

Now that I am above 35yo, should I choose Oscar or NIPT?

Anyone know the prices for NIPT in Mount E Novena or subsidised rates at KKH/NUH?

Thank you all in advance.

Hi, I'm 40yo and will be doing both. Currently under KKH subsidised. OSCAR is $174. OSCAR results at KKH is in 3 categories ("good" "intermediate" "worrying").

If result is intermediate or worrying, you can do NIPT test at $375. If good, and you still want to do NIPT, you will have to pay $750.

Of course you can choose to do both at the same time (assuming you are a subsidised patient), then NIPT will cost you $750 straight.

Hope this helps.

Oh thank you for the information! I think I should just go with NIPT for a safe of mind ;) Hope your result will be good and have a smooth delivery! ;)

Oh thank you for the information! I think I should just go with NIPT for a safe of mind ;) Hope your result will be good and have a smooth delivery! ;)

Hi there, for someone who went for OSCAR and got a bad NT result, I would recommend you to go for NIPT as the chances for a false positive is really low. I have read on forums that OSCAR just gives you unnecessary stress if you ever get results that shows it has high risk. Wish I had opted for NIPT.

In the end, I didnt go for further tests because I love my baby the same (if not more) nonetheless. Hope your NIPT results will be in your favour!!!

Thank you! Yes I think I would just go ahead with NIPT, can do the test at week 10, and the additional perk is I also get to know my baby gender Thank you! All the best to you too!

Hi there, for someone who went for OSCAR and got a bad NT result, I would recommend you to go for NIPT as the chances for a false positive is really low. I have read on forums that OSCAR just gives you unnecessary stress if you ever get results that shows it has high risk. Wish I had opted for NIPT.

In the end, I didnt go for further tests because I love my baby the same (if not more) nonetheless. Hope your NIPT results will be in your favour!!!

Hi can i check what happened with your case? My baby had a High NT as well and I just did Amnio. Could you share more? Thank you

Back