My Mom always get chop carrot head by her sister

harky

Every year my mom will go back to her hometown which is Malaysia to celebrate CNY & stay there. (last time when i young, i will go back but not longer now as when age grow by + it too boring there) Mainly i want to stay local to take care of my dearly dog :D

So every time she went back, her 5th sister (the smallest one) will ask my mom, 2nd & 3rd aunt to pay for CNY groceries. This time round, she ask my mom & 2nd aunt to pay RM$600 each. :eek: (RM$600 / 3 = SGD200), as my 3rd aunt did not go. Even 3rd aunt go, each will had to pay RM$400. In the end the bill add up will be RM$1200 = SGD400 :eek: which i think is ridiculous just for purely 3day.

There is only 7-8 ppl (my mom + 2nd aunt + 4th aunt + smallest aunt & hub + a cousin + 1 visitor).
Mean my mom 1 day , eaten SGD$66 (for this price, actually can go restaurant:confused:) or 3day common meal.

I tot of put a stop on this, and told my mom. Let me talk to small aunt, why she need RM1200 for 3day of CNY groceries. But she disagree as she dont want to talk abt $$. I so angry and understand what she mean but this had been so many time, and because no1 say doesnt mean it right. The main thing is no ppl say and u ppl just give-in. That why it nv been stop.

Some more my mom is a 65+yr old housewife, those $$ is her allowance which we give her :( .
I know this is old ppl matter but i not young ppl but as a adult..

very sian le. this smallest aunt had been sucking $$.

My view is that any agreement between the elders, hard to interfere.

Things in Malaysia also getting expensive due to weak RM. Your aunt probably don't profit much. Think that way, then at least you will feel better.

Lol I think quite a lot, at least half.
chicken, fish, veggies the most you will spent RM $300-400 which is around sgd 100-150 for 3 day.

Not like the chicken, veggie, fish is double price than Singapore.. So there no way to be cheap either in sgd or RM.

My view is that any agreement between the elders, hard to interfere.

Things in Malaysia also getting expensive due to weak RM. Your aunt probably don't profit much. Think that way, then at least you will feel better.

ya, if to be calculative enough, the labor(cooking,house keeping), the lodging ?

Having said that, my mom always take care of all expenses when hosting SG relatives ... sometimes bring them to restaurant, attractions etc. Each to their own, I guess.

Maybe because the dishes consist of all those good ingredients like abalone, shark fins, dried oyster (hao shi), sea cucumber, fish maw, mushrooms, etc.? Frankly speaking, these ingredients during CNY period doesn't come cheap.

Bo La. Don't have le. Dream long long. They don't buy this.

Maybe because the dishes consist of all those good ingredients like abalone, shark fins, dried oyster (hao shi), sea cucumber, fish maw, mushrooms, etc.? Frankly speaking, these ingredients during CNY period doesn't come cheap.

For the amount , really can go restaurant.
Actually the house is belong to all aunt but grandpa put wrong name.. Now is her.

Imaging my mom eat so stingy in sg. Lol.
And I saw her FB, post here and there enjoy.. Really bth

ya, if to be calculative enough, the labor(cooking,house keeping), the lodging ?

Having said that, my mom always take care of all expenses when hosting SG relatives ... sometimes bring them to restaurant, attractions etc. Each to their own, I guess.

My guess is because your mum dotes on her younger sister that's why she doesn't wants you to get involved? Your mum happily carrot chopped by her sister? Furthermore she only gets to see her sister once a year so the amount is never significant? :)

Tell your mum to post at the facebook there will be a new style of reunion dinner in the year 2018. It will be held in sg host by harky. Amount for CNY groceries to be k.i.d (keep in discussion). :p

I agree with bbdad2016, let the elders settle it themselves. Perhaps your mum dotes on her sisters, or she sees herself as having a better life thus wants to help them out ?
My mother in law is the same way. We had visited her sisters in Malaysia twice. Though her 2 sisters work and draws decent salary, they do not pay for anything. Period! Even when we crossed the toll, we didn't have small note, I think then was RM1.60? They did not even "pretend" to look into their bags, and seem oblivious that the 4 other passengers were digging hard into their bags for the change.

if she did not complain to you and happily posting on facebook. i dont think she feels she is being taken advantage of. like what others had say..she only see them once a year and only CNY.

be more gracious :)

Back