My girl, 21 months old refuses to eat

Phyllis76

I need some advice from Mummies. My girl, 21 months old, recently refuses to eat her porridge. She wanted to eat biscuits, pandan chiffon cake, but not her usual porridge. She keeps saying "I don't want" and turns away when we try to feed her porridge. I don't know if it is because she is teething, or? But then if teething, she might refused all food but why only porridge? We try to give her rice, she also refused and keep asking for biscuits and cup cakes.

Any mummies have similar experience? Thank you in advance.

Yes. In her 12+ mths she had an episode of rejecting to eat hard boiled egg & porridge. Only milk. Then had my MIL to introduce diff porridge. She slowly regain eating. These days she started showing sign of not wanting to eat porridge esp during dinner time. I will sometimes cooked noodle soup & other stuff for dinner after work to let her try if she reject the porridge. Though she cant finish all but will eat some spoonfuls.

You'll bet that she love all her sweet snacks and she even took the CNY cookies to her ah gong to have him opened for her as she knew mommy & ah mah won't let her eat. :p All todds/kids love snacks as they're always tastier, fragrant and sweet. Perhaps, you can try diff cooking in porridge eg, use dried scallop & fish bone to boil the porridge stok , add other meat, veggie etc that can bring out the fragrance or natural sweetness?

Back