Muslim mummies 2012

U mean tingkat meal? Tat time i order kampung style dari minah catering mahal. for just bersalin normally they do black pepper ikan kurau masin and vegetables chop chai, fruits cuts...

may those pregnant mummies are safe and always being protected by Him.. and may U n ur baby are able to meet this coming Ramadhan.. Amin ya Rabbal 'alamiin.. ^_^

Early january.. Edd change 3 times each scan.. gynae dr Suzana Sulaiman at Kkh take it as 11th january 2012 insyallah..

Dear TPS you need to check wif her... i know her clinic is every monday from morning to evening clinic D. 1st visit $75 incl the routine urine test,bp and weight check. She also never forced me to go for downsydrom blood test cause i told her i will accept my bb as it is. Only ADC sonographer had arrange for me FMC detail scan(downsyndrom scan $165.00) which doctor suzana did not request for it. It is part of kkh proceduer. So if doctor did not request no obligation to go which i dont know.

Subsequence visit will be less than $60 and she have premier service, during labour once we check in labour ward, the nurse will call her and she will come down to monintor us through out the process. My 1st-3rd babies own private gynae which only come when i am fully dilate to deliver and stitch me. The ones monintor me during labour process will be the midwives and doctor(male or female) on duty.. Huby dont like it at all. so now no4th bb we are lucky we found islam female gynae.

When your due date? u can call 62934044 than inform them u want to book appointment for dr suzana sulaiman. Normally her appoinment 2pm above fully book so just book any slot 1st. Very hard to get muslim gynae, i thank allah for giving me a chance to taubat n get a female gynae tat is islam.

Assalamualaikum semua!!! Hehe Fadilla here... hmm hope this thread is still active... InsyaAllah I'm expecting my first newborn to be due on 21st Feb 2012... InsyaAllah amin... My gynae is Dr Jazlan from Raffles Hospital... He really is a nice and professional gynae... hehehe =D

Hi Mummies to be

I'm from the April mummies 2011 thread, given birth to boy-girl twins (their 3mths+ now!!)

Want to start selling my maternity clothings since ulikely I will be giving birth again.

PM me if you are interested in getting almost brand new maternity clothes (bought mostly from Spring) Sizes are L/ XL, blouse, t-shirts, bottoms, 1pc swimming costume.

Ps: Ive also some bb items to sell i.e. BN Bottles, Medela breastmilk bags, breast pads etc

Hi all, if you are looking for a transfer maid to take care elderly parents, my maid would be keen. she is 25 yo, Indonesian muslim, married with a kid. She is unable to take care of our infant but she is a reasonably good helper. Looking for a muslim employer for her. She has outstanding loan and you would need to pay agency fees tho. Would need to transfer her asap cos I am taking on another maid so if you are looking for one, contact me at 91834041. Thanks.

Assamualaikum ladies. I just tested positive on preg test. Its my 1st time so can anyone recommend a reliable female gynae? Actually i was prescribed with some medication at kkh before getting pregnant. I hope to gv birth at tmc. So shud i continue checkups at kkh then go to tmc when the baby gets bigger? How eh? Pening la sey

Hi Imie,

Were you on clomid?

Im on clomid. Regular check up at KKH and guess will continue checkups at KKH as they will prolly has my record..HEH!

By the way, how many weeks are you?

Selamat menyambut Ramadhan Mulia semua

I have been with SMH for quite sometime but did not really see Muslim moms threads before, only today

By the way, if any of you have a maid for transfer, do let me know k. Mine wants to go home for Lebaran, for good.

Need one who can take care of kids and do general household chores.

Thanks!

Salam ladies, I'm so glad to see this thread. I hope its still active?

Anyway I just tested positive yesterday at the polyclinic. Went home after work today and bought another DIY kit to test on my own because it kinda feels unbelievable! Heh. It's my first pregnancy and my husband and I are beyond ecstatic. We just got married two months ago, this is like our post-wedding gift from Allah!
happy.gif

I have some questions now...

1) Anyone been with KKH The Private Suite? I'm hoping to hear comments on price, service, etc. I'm torn in between KKH TPS, Thomson Medical & Parkway East (previously Eastshore).

2) Anyone seeing Dr Jasmine Mohd at KKH? I need to hear some reviews. Is she patient, gentle, non-judgemental? Someone recommended me her, but I've never heard of Dr Jasmine. I called them up just now and the person who took my call says Dr Suzanna don't go to KKH TPS at all.

3) Can you fast while pregnant? I had to break my fast today because I felt very mabuk. I'm 4 weeks pregnant as of now.

4) Any recommended gynae? Female, muslim, if possible. I have heard lots of stories about Dr Aziz and Dr Jazlan but I'm quite partial cos they are males. I think my husband prefer that I see a female gynae too.

Thank you ladies. May we have a safe pregnancy, insya-Allah. Amin.
happy.gif

Hi Hannah i am seeing dr suzanna sulaiman at kkh clinic d.. her clinic is every monday, morning till evening. U can use her premier service during labour. premier service meaning she will by your side upon you check in at labour ward, she will monintor u closely. If classic service she only will come when you are fully dilated ready to push out bb. most private gynae at private hospital provide classic service, midwife monintor your labour progress while they will come emergency or when u ready to push bb..

1st consultatiob $80+.Next visit onwards will be $50+ wif gst n a simple scan no print out. Exclude medication, Detail scan done at Amc or Adc dept wif print outs or blood test. For kkh delivery it will include gynae and hospital stay. For 1st to 3rd bb if you choose A1 single bed cash payment around $2k balance pay medisave. You can go to kkh business centre to enquire more delivery details payment of Premier Service.

Hi Ct thanks so much for your reply! Does Dr Suzanna go to The Private Suite?

How come there's no print-out for scans? Will they charge you if you'd like a print-out?

Also, do you mean that the charges quoted by KKH for Premier Svc Delivery or Classic Delivery inc gynae service, meaning we won't need to pay gynae fees anymore?

Thanks in advance. BTW, how many months are you?
happy.gif

Hi all,

Alhamdulilah for all the good news here! I wish all mothers to be a safe and enjoyable pregnancy. I had the privileged of delivering my daughter last year and MasyaAllah, it was beautiful.

During my time, there was hardly any muslim female gynae around. However, I was comfortable with having a male gynae and therefore I chose Dr Aziz. I think he and Dr Jazlan are relatively very popular. Both are highly experienced. Ultimately, I feel that you should chose a gynae whom you are comfortable with and he/she is able to calm your fears and clarify your doubts.

Basically, you can opt to deliver at the Government Hospitals (KKH or SGH) or Private Hospitals (Parkway East Hospital or fomerly known as Eastshore Hospital, Thomson Medical Centre, Mount Elizabeth Hosp, Gleneagles or Raffles Hospital.

Do take note that a gynae from the Government Hospitals do not normally deliver at Private Hospitals and vice versa.

During my time, I did quite a bit of research and would be more than willing to share this info to anyone who needs it. This is a personal opinion so it might not be similar to other ladies' experiences.

I couldn't decide on going to Govermt Hosp or Private so I went both for my first few weeks! Call me kiasu but I've waited quite a while to get pregnant so wanted to be very sure. So these were some of the things I gathered.

1) KKH subsidised clinics.
Here, you will get a heavily subsidised fee for your mthly check-ups. However, you will not be seeing the same gynae each time you come down. And you will not get scanned for every appointment. Of course the crowd is generally bigger and waiting time is longer. But as you go far along your pregnancy, it can get a bit tiring waiting. But the good thing is that you pay a low amount.

2)KKH The Private Suite
In KKH itself if you do not wish to have a long waiting time and dun mind paying more, you might want to opt for the The Private Suite. Here, the ambience of the waiting room is more comfortable. You have sofas to sit on unlike the subsidised clinics where its the normal chair. It helps when you're heavily pregnant with backache! Also you have free flow of milo and water (that was last year, but not sure if they still have it, but I think they do ;) Waiting time is generally shorter provided you come on time accdg to your scheduled appt. You will also be scanned for every appointment. Scanning here means dr will look at your foetus and make sure all is well. Some might feel it is not good but according to some research that I did it is fine. Furthermore, the drs wouldnt do it if it is unsafe. I feel it helps the dr monitor your baby better in terms of heartbeat and proper growth milestones.

3)Private Clinics/Hospitals
Contrary to many beliefs, it is not as expensive if you compare the rates to KKH's The Private Suite. In fact, Dr Aziz charges lower than KKH TPS. Different gynaes have different rates. Here, depending on your gynae, you will have a more personal experience in terms of interaction with the admin staff and the doctor as the gynaes do not 'rush' you out of their room to clear the volume of patients. You will also get to choose to deliver at any of the Private Hospitals that your gynae is attached to. Waiting time is also better here. And of course the ambience is very nice too.

Hospital Stay:
I was admitted to KKH when I had a bleeding after going to the 24hr Womens Clinic. I was checked upon by a very young gynae and t he experience was not good. So later on, I requested for a more experienced gynae and it was much better. Stay wise, it was good but the nurses' attention was fine. But understandably so, as the nurses had a lot of patients to attend to.
During the second half of my pregnancy, I've decided to deliver at a private hospital and chose Parkway East Hospital. Of course, I did the necessary checks and compared prices. If you choose a single bedder in Parkway East, it is cheaper compared to KKH single bedder. So naturally, I went for the cheaper option! But Raffles Hospital and TMC are also comparable. Since I stayed in the east I chose one nearer to home. My gynae cud deliver at Raffles and Parkway, but I chose the hospital nearer to his home and clinic. Hehe... in case of delivering at night, he can be there faster! The nurses at the delivery suite were fantastic. So motherly and comforting. One even, offered to brush my teeth for me in the morning since I was there the whole night! And lucky me, for being the only one in the delivery suite at that time so more attention from the nurses! Alhamdulilah, I had a relatively smooth delivery. I would, without a doubt, deliver there again.

A relative of mine was a midwife at KKH, and she recommended Dr JJ Chee. Accrdg to her, she is like a nurses dr. A lot of nurses booked her for their pregnancy. But during my time, she was already moving out of KKh to the private practice. I heard that she was setting up her own clinic and delivers at Mount E which was a bit ex for me. But recently, I found out that she has a clinic at Parkway East and can also deliver there. Her practice consists of herself and another Muslim female gynae, Dr Lubna Harharah who was from KKH. So for those who wish for a muslim female gynae, there is one at Parkway East!

Anyway, I hope all ladies here have a good and safe delivery. Wishing all a great and blessed Syawal!

Hi Ladies,

I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant and halfway throught this pregnancy. . . I already have a gynae Dr CK Khoo at KKH TPS. . . Since this is my first and I totally forgot to ask about the delivery charges. . .

Are there anyone out there who can tell me more about the delivery charges at TPS and what to expect or what we can ask for so I can have that guided labour experience as in the Dr is with me throughtout my labour . . .

Let me know. . .

Melissa you can walk in to KKH business centre to get the actual print outs of Delivery Charges. For 1st to 3rd child even private patient entiltle for a slight subsidised. I think $2K cash balance by medisave incl delivery fees and hospital stay 3days 2 night Class A one bedder. B1 4 bedder less than $1.5K.

For 4th child above deposit for 4bedder is $1.6K and $2.5K for single bedder.

And please request for PREMIER SERVICE so that upon check in your gynae will be informed and he or she will come down to stay and monintor your labour through out the delivery process ..

If classic service gynae will come only upon you fully dilate about to push out the BB. The labour process will be monintor by midwifes and doctor on duty...

Hi ladies,

This thread doesn't seem active anymore but I'd like to get get things going again, anyway.

I've decided to see Dr Jasmine Mohd. All is well so far. She is warm, gentle, friendly and have very good bedside manners. For eg, she will always tell me what she's going to do to me during my check-ups, warn me that she's going to press hard on my tummy to scan for baby as I'm on an empty bladder, etc. A lot of doctors just take all that for granted and probe you without explaining what they are doing, so this makes me feel more at ease.

KKH TPS seems to be efficient as well. Waiting time is very short despite the amount of people, and all the nurses there are all smiles and friendly. Only con is that the charges are somewhat more ex than private gynaes.

Hi All,

*hoping that this thread is still active somehow*
happy.gif
)

Any of you (or your friends/relatives) have reviews on Dr Lubna Harharah? Can't seem to find anything about her.

Also, I understand that there are 2 other female muslim gynae ie. Dr Juliana Abu & Dr Jasmine (KKH). Do we have any others in Singapore besides these 3?

Thanks in advance!

Salam mommies

Just came across this thread and would like to share my journey. Just had my boy in early May and now im pregnant again w #2. The thing is i havent had my menses after habis pantang right until today. So ya, i think my pregnancy is abt 4-5 mths oredi. i have yet to go for any chk up but i did take folic. Just booked for appt yesterday. Dono which Dr to go for as #1 was w Dr Irene Chua.

If u are wondering y i took so long to go for chk up, well, actually i wasnt ready for #2. Its too soon, way too soon. I was so mad at myself, at my hubby dat i wanted to terminate dis pregnancy. Im a working mum and im afraid to hear comments from colleagues and bosses. But my mom managed to talk me through. She told me its not d bb fault if i want to terminate it. Furthermore bb oredi has a heart beat. "Rezeki Allah da bagi, terima aje". I was stressed out and in dilemma. Even hubby wants me to keep the bb. He said "we're married, der is nothing wrong w having another bb". I noe its a sin to terminate a pregnancy but i dono wat made me tot of wanting to do it (bisikan syaitan maybe).

So after hearing her advice and after much tots, i decided to acpt dis whole-heartedly. Just go w d flow. Well i guess everything happens for a reason. Mungkin ade hikmahnya. Pray to Allah to give me strength and to protect my bb.

Insya'Allah.

Hi Scorpio Mummy, i had my no 2 when my no 1 was just 6 months. So the difference between the 2 of them now is 15 months.

Similar to yourself, i couldnt accept the fact when i was given the news by the poly doctor. Never did it cross my mind that i was pregnant since i was full breastfeeding. 'So how did that happen??'

I was shy towards my colleague who might not be too happy about me not in office for the next 4 mths again. I was afraid my attention will be divided when no 2 is born. At that moment of time, a lot of thoughts were towards termination.

But Allahuakhbar! My family and close frens, & ultimately Allah made me persevered till a handsome no 2 is born. Alhamdulillah is all I can express out after the emotional 9 months. Till now, when I am typing this out, my tears get accumulated as I feel so berdosa for my negative thoughts.

Unfortunately, yes, my job was at stake upon returning to office last April. But there is always a blessing in disguise people say. I left to search for another job, with better pay & benefits & now happily enjoying my not-so-stressful life..

Alhamdulillah, once again I can say I am pregnant with #3!!

Hi,ASSALAMMUALIKUM Mummies..

im new here and a first time mummy.....currently in my 33rd weeks....edd insya'allah 07/01/12...im so glad to come across this thread knowing that there are fellow muslim mummies out there who is also goin thru the same wif me...anione having the same edd as me..?? =)

salaam mummies!

i'm soooo happy to see this thread. let's keep it going. i'm approaching my 28th week (final lap!)and this is my second pregnancy. my first boy is 2.5 years now. edd's on 1st march 2012.

i'm currently seeing dr irene chua. had her when i was pregnant the first time too. she was with KK then, but now she has her own practice at gleneagles. i have decided to give birth at mt alvernia this time around, and hoping for a water birth.

all the best to all of you, and may you have a wonderful pregnancy and birth!

Salam All,

I'm kind of pleasantly surprised to find this thread. 12 weeks preggie with #1 n still have yet to decide on a gynae. Any recommendations for a female gynae at TMC?

Hi Sel
I was with Dr WK Tan from TMC fr my first boi.
Very caring, motherly female gynae.
If only TMC is more convenient, i would hv returned to her fr my no 2 n 3..

Hi Ann,
So which gynae did u opt for ur #2 n #3? Which hospital? I find that the more i read the reviews online the more i'm lost. I think i've to try book an appt before deciding.

Hi Sel, i will always prefer female gynaes. I guess the shyness got the better of me.
Anyway, I was with Dr Cordelia Han in Raffles Hospital for no 2 as I used to work in RH a couple of years back. As such, I went back to ask for reviews and reasonable pricing doc.
All I can say abt Dr Han is, although she looks 'kasar', in fact she put both me n hubby at hm. As if she's a fren.
As such, she will give loads of advices every round of visits and tell me what to eat & what not to... Another good factor about her was, she would recommend to me cheaper options if it's available insteaf of 'ketuk' me unnecessarily.

anyway, for no #3, insyAllah i will be back to visit her. The thing now is, we have yet to set an appointment cos her package only starts at week 20 and I am not even sure I am onw whcih week now.:)

Raffles is known for good service but i'm concern abt d charges. I think for natural delivery it's reasonable but if it ends up being an e c-sec d bill is scary for all d private hospitals. I've read that it can go between 7-10k (not sure if dis is juz d cash portion or d final bill).

Btw, when did u have ur #2? Was it a natural birth? How much is d total charges? How much is Dr Han's package at 20 wks? What does it include?

Yes,they are ex but i was more like rewarding myself fr d 9mths of hard labour. alhamdulillah it was natural fr both boys.

At 20 weeks onwards, her package costs $2.2k, including routine urine, scans, vitamins but not optional fish oil.

My final cash outlay was $2.3k fr a 1-bedded deluxe room.

Hi mommies!! I have juz got to noe that im pregnant a week a go.. I have not make any appt to any drs yet.. I would like to ask how the skill of dr suzanna sulaiman.. How is her stitching, charges, and also how she treats patients.. Please revert me back soon.. My mom is keen of me going to dr aziz but my hubby prefer a female gynae.. Or is there any better gynae recommend me please..

Hi All

CT: U started this thread??

just came across this thread n wanna say hi to all. Am preggy with no.2 n due on the 25.1.2012.. 34weeks preggy nw...

Yuni i am wif suzana sulaiman my friend work at kkh told me she is good.. anyway all my 3 boys deliver by female non muslim cause i cannot find muslim gynae.. after my friend recommend me a muslim female gynae tat is dr suzana i am happy to use her... hubby also say prefer female islam gynae cause due he is alquran n hadish followers.. even nabi muhammad wives kids being deliver by woman midwifes not man.. so as a wife my syurga under him follow wat ever he says tats got good benefit for me at akhirat insyallah..

CT : thank you.. But how Bout the charges? Do i need to go poly first for referral or can go str8 making appt? Im seriously dunno how to begin.. Btw u re having ur forth child? Greatness.. Wish u the best CT..

Back