Mummies with maid, please advise

Hi mummies,

My maid has worked in my family for 3.5 years and primarily took care of my kids (3 yrs and 1yrs). She joined my household just 3 days before my first child was born and was very close to both my kids. She looks after my youngest at night also.

Both my kids are also very attached to her, and love to play with her. She was very good. Can look after my children, and cook and quite a clean /neat girl. However, she just told me that she won't be renewing her contract and will like to go home because she miss her daughter and husband.

I've to agree to her since I don't have a choice. But I worry that both my kids will miss her, and confirm look for her after she is gone. I am a SAHM at the moment but will be going back to work in Jan, so I also worry that the my kids might not adjust to new maid.

Any mummies went through a similar situation, can you share your experience and how you dealt with your kids on the transition?

Also, any reliable maid agencies. Should I hire PH or Indo? Married or single? Young or old? My current maid is my first maid from PH, only 27 yrs old but she married young with 1 kid. Speak fluent English and her only flaw is her stubbornness, but she really loves the children so I often close any eye with her.

Back