Mummies with 2007 babies in Sengkang

Good morning mummies!
Juz for some discussion....
What's your view regarding PM Lee's rally about 4 mths maternity leave and 6 days childcare leave?? Personally I'm not impressed by the 4 mths maternity cos company would think I'm a redundant headcount. However, I welcome the 6 days childcare leave though..
happy.gif
Meaning I got more days to bring them out.. Yeah!!
Not that easy for a working mum to juggle with kids and long maternity leave will not help either.
sad.gif

Littleoink,
For your boy,you can try with the egg yolk first then the egg white a few days later. That's what the nurse at the Polyclininc told me. Me not that sure of the reason.
Btw, my boy already in P1 this year in North Spring Pri...

<font color="0077aa">Lynn Tan</font>
Actually i talk to the person-in-charge over the phone, although the playgroup is for 18mths and above, she also commented that 18mths is abit small, if 20 mths and above, will be beta. So by Mar'09 my boy is 20mths, then will start his class. Before his lesson start, parents will have to go for one orientation first
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Tigress</font>
For Talentplus at Blk 152, is a 2 hour playgroup (mon-friday), time slot is either 9.30am - 11.30am or 1.30pm - 3.30pm

Program (2 hours/session/day,5 days/week)
9.30am Welcome Song
9.35am Circle song/Story Telling)
10.00am Holistic Learning - on rotation basis on the 5 areas of learning
10.45am Social and creative playing
11.15am Children Fun Game
11.30am Bye Bye
Class ration : one teacher, one assistance teacher to a maximum of 16 children

Yap, i was in FIDGETS last sunday, was there at 11.30am - 1.30pm. My boy enjoyed himself there but we are very tired after playing with him.

tigress, i was supposed to be a jun 07 mummy but my boy born in end may, 1wk earlier than edd.

littleoink, no prob abt e 1st teeth. i ordered fr drugstore, u need more? i hv ordered some more, shd be coming in by end of aug, hopefully! u keen on gerber puffs? actually i ordered 12 bottles of cherry &amp; another 12 bottles of sweet corn, sharing half w 1 of my jun mummies, if u keen, i can let u hv 1 ea as i dun need tha many, it wld be $6 ea, aft adding on e shipping, slightly more exp, abt 20cts more, than those sold here but can't get these flavors here.

bluepearl, u got 3 kids liao mah, so tink e extra 4wks of ML not tha impressed to u, unless u intend to hv #4. for me, i welcome it, my comp has to accept it as it's under PM Lee's governance cos i work for e govt. haha... a bit disappointed abt e PL tho. i too welcomed e extra days of childcare leave so tha i can spend more quality time w my son.

Hello Jenn,

You got great details information for Talentplus. Thanks. I will going down to register my boy tomorrow.

hello Bluepearl,
Yes, this morning has told nanny to try egg yolk on my boy first. Thanks. I think North Spring Pri Sch .. is near my in-law place. How do you find this school?

I am happy that we will get 6 childcare leave. When will it start huh?

Bunnybluey,
Thanks for sharing the puffs. I dun mind to get one each from you. total $12, rite?
You are civil servant har ... last time they said it is golden rice bowl and I still think it is now too ... hehehee ....

Hi bluepearl,

I've to agree w u that I'm not so sure abt the 4mth maternity leave &amp; that's not bcos i m a SAHM now &amp; don't intend to have a #3.

Even tho i had the 3 months' ML during my last pregnancy w no qn asked while working in mgt level in a co-operative (read: union), I had been discriminated in other ways such as $0 pay increment &amp; performance bonus even tho i m in the top 25% performance band during appraisal while other colleagues in lower band r receiving salary adjustment (to b in line w mkt) on top of annual increment!

There r alot of snide remarks that I get to "enjoy" longer ML etc. Since when recovering from a c-section is fun huh? :b

So unless the mentality of the society shifted towards more pro-family, giving a longer ML is just for show.

We have children for our own personal reasons &amp; not bcos of the govt incentives. The incentives r just good to have.

If the society is really so pro-family &amp; childcare is up to the mark (w/o burning a hole in the pkt), I won't need to give up my career so that I will not always feel so torn when Jx was sick &amp; how i wish i can let him stay away fr his childcare centre until he is fully recovered w/o struggling w the work demand (even if i m willing to take no-pay leave). In the end, he is usually back into cc when he is 75% recovered bcos i have no alternative care 4 him then. No wonder kids in cc r always sick huh?
hahaaha...

So i m sure u can imagine the magnitude of the problems when there r more kids invloved. So i always tell me friends not to complain abt how their parents/in-laws r taking care of their kids but just b appreciative of the fact that the kids r w their kins so that they can go to work in peace.
happy.gif

littleoink, i'm not a civil servant, but working in a stat board. it's no longer a golden rice bowl cos if u dun perform, u wld be counselled &amp; eventually out if u dun improve. we hv to work v.hard, i hardly leave office on e dot, usually 7+/8pm, tha y most of e time, i can oni meet my spreeists aft 9.30pm on weekdays or weekend. &amp; my postings r usually during lunch time or aft work cos there's just too much to work on as my big boss expects us to work 150%! e oni thing abt working in govt, is they hv to follow e "national policy". haha...

Hello mummies!
Heard abt the latest news, Govt bring forward the childare benefits to immediate effect... Hope it will be a good news for most of us here!!

Bunnybluey, you're right i may not want any #4 (if possible) but i think giving birth is more than the 4mth paid leave cos we got to deal with remarks made by those who do not understand the value of family, the hormonal changes, physical, mental and emotional effects...
However, I'm happy for you and other mummies who are answering the PM's call... GO..GO..GO..
happy.gif

Update us with the Gd new yah!!

Cheers!

Ladies
Anyone know when the 6days Child care leave will come into effect??

I'm so not tempted to have a 2nd one..
This package benefits the 1st time mummies more. Haaa..

Eliz,heard from the news, it will take effect immediately, i.e now lor... but it depends on individual company on how they want to implement this. I've not received any news from my HR yet. Maybe very soon...

Hello mummies!

Welcome May &amp; Kris to our thread
happy.gif

Littleoink - we are going to Hokkaido for a week and then Tokyo 1 week. I think I'm more excited than my hb and baby cos I havent been on holiday since my honeymoon...growing mould on me already..

bluepearl - your boy in North Spring Pri? My parents stay just opp the sch. You staying nearby isit?

Vamiga - I agree with you on the 4 month maternity leave. I was previously working in a stat board. You would think superiors in govt bodies are less touchy about maternity leave since they're not the ones paying for it, unlike those in the private sector. However, my boss made me feel like I was a burden cos I was going on 3 months maternity leave. Personally, I still feel that most bosses are still very inconsiderate when it comes to their expectant employees. Giving mummies another month of paid maternity leave might really worsen things. But of course, for mummies with good bosses, this is certainly great news!!!

Btw, I read in other threads that mummies who had babies from Jan-Aug 08 are also petitioning for the perks to be backdated for their advantage. Wah...I think the floodgates are open. Really not easy to please everyone...

bunnybluey - I am interested in the Gerber puffs...you got any more extra to let go? Is the cherry flavour nice? I've heard of sweetcorn but not the cherry ones. Aiyoh, hope Jake and your hb are better already! You make me abit worried leh...I am very worried my boy's bronchiolitis will act up during our Jap trip...and we're going for 2 weeks somemore. Btw, besides travel insurance, what other insurance should I already have for baby travelling overseas? Can advise?

bluepearl, i agree w u tha giving birth is > e 4mth paid ML as it comes w a lot of responsiliblities &amp; lots of other considerations. actually whether to start having a kid or hv more kids, it's really up to individuals. e incentives r just added bonus. if some couples aredi dun intend to hv kids or hv more kids, no matter how attractive e incentives r, it wun help to boost e birth rate! even b4 govt announced anything abt bb incentives, i aredi plan to hv #2, a cow bb as i find tha 1 child is really v.lonely.

tink now all e comps headache liao cos they hv to change their HR policy/system, getting temp staff to stand-in for those preggies...

Hi Mattmum,

When will u be leaving for Japan? Self drive or following tour?
I always wanna go Japan during Autumn but the tot of langauge barrier is always a deterent, as we prefer to travel free &amp; easy.

Actually, I never tot of buying travel insurance. Always just bring medicine. Is your boy sensitive to hay fever/pollen/dustmite fr hotel carpet? U might wanna bring along his anti-allergy medicine for prevention.

MattMum,

I like travelling and I like Hokkaido. You will sure enjoy this place. I also hv not go on holiday since my honeymoon ... haiz ... when can I travel again ?

Hello bunnybluey,
I hv PM u.

Wow ... u are thinking of Project #2 liao ... great ... go for it ... do it when u r young ... I think my old age may not allow me for #2 liao ...

4mths of maternity is good but hor ... yearly performance appraisal hor ... *haiz* ... will be affected too ...

Jen
Megan loves Gerbers! Do jio me the next time you order again ok.
Thanks!

Bluepearl
Thanks for the info. I must go find the info and email to my boss. Haa..
Its also quite difficult for me as i'm the only one entitled to these benefits..
The rest either old already or not married.

Vamiga - Yar, thanks for reminder...will bring whatever pd can give me. I must remember to ask him. We are going early Oct, F&amp;E. We also dun like guided tours. Yah, quite worried about lang...hope an eng-jap guide book will help us out. Haha...

littleoink - you been to hokkaido? I heard it's very windy? Am looking for thermal wear for babies, dunno if there is any...So you thinking of travelling soon?

mattmum,

Dun worry about language ... there are signboard with English words and chinese words. You can make up the road name easily. The young people quite ok with English. Dun ask the elderly for direction ... they will ignore you ... heheee ... I remember that my trip there around July and it was sunny ... windy may be at nite ... just a wind breaker or warm clothings will do ... It was great to see lavender ... beautiful and lovely ... by the way, I like cold weather so may not apply to those pple who hate cold ..then must bring thick clothings ... You can buy thermal wear at Japan ... shld b cheaper. I may plan to travel when my son can walk ... he is still crawling at 13mths old
1665028.jpg

Hi Littleoink,
Such a nice pix!!
happy.gif

Now i m really tempted, esp w not too much language problem.
hehehee... :b

Hi mattmum,
Don't think u need thermal wears in oct. Best to layer w t-shirts &amp; jacket so that u can take them off or add more layers when in/outdoor or temp changes.
Cover the ears, hands &amp; feet w hat, mittens &amp; socks tho, as these r the 1st parts to get chilled.
U might wanna check if any rain gear/umbrella is needed then tho.

mattmum, hokkaido, admire leh... tink besides getting travel insurance, better bring some med along for ur bb. i went to KL din buy any insurance but i wanted to bring med but forgot, luckily my cousin pharmacist, so she helped me to buy some flu med when jake caught a flu there. e gerber puffs, i brought out for e recent zoo outing w my jun 07 kakis, e kids love e 2 new flavors, am surprised tha they like e cherry flavor as much as e sweet corn, tho cherry is a bit sour, but if ur boy is ok w HT jars, then e puffs shdn't be a prob, i tink.

littleoink, my boy aso still crawling &amp; he's turning 15mo tml but i hrd tha crawling is gd for brain development, so dun worry. my boy cld walk a few steps but like drunken man or sometimes, he likes to run towards u when he can't even walk stably.

if i start a gerber puffs spree - sweet corn &amp; cherry flavors, approx abt S$6+ aft adding shipping fees, wld anyone be interested?

hi hi
it's been a long time since i pop into this thread.. how are things on ur side?

bunnyblue..
I had just joined ur spree issit? The one one OTC Spree #6. kekeke how abt updating us here whenever u have sprees. Easier than to find ur nick in the overseas spree thread..

Talentplus @ 152
Issit good? I am afraid that there are too many kiddos in a class leh..

Childcare search
Anyone starts looking for CCs for your kids oredi? Any recommendations on a good one in sengkang/punggol. Kinderland looks sooo small and old in tat row of terrance houses right?

Jen
I'll be interested in the Gerber spree with new flavours.
Yet to let megan try sweet corn and cherry.
I have also joined your OTC Spree
happy.gif

Thanks.

smurfy, yap... tink u joined in my spree. sometimes, i wld update here when i hv sprees lor but normally, those popular ones v.fast full. u keen on gerber puffs spree?

eliz, how many wld u like to order? i'm polling for interest now, if got more orders, then i can officially start a spree on tis as amazon ships by carton, ea carton is 12 bottles of 1 flavor. so far, mattmum keen to get 2 cherry &amp; 2 sweet corns. i need at least another 10 bottles of ea flavor to get e spree going. to make shipping lower, wld hv to order more cartons.

bunnybunny
no, me dun wanna gerber puffs. dun wanna restrict to eating one brand too often :p... me interested in ON and other educational sprees. hey how on earth u have time to manage spree? u working oso?

Hi Jen,
I am interested to get the gerber from you too. Can i order in advance first ?

Sweet corn x 3
Cherry x 1
Cos i will be leaving for taiwan tomor and will only be back on sunday, afraid i might missed the order.

Roughly when is the expiry date huh????
My email is [email protected]

smurfy, i din stick to 1 brand too, i hv HT cookies, gerber puffs &amp; xiao man tou for my son. for e gerber puffs, sick of e flavors here, tha y i spree fr USA for e other flavors.

eliz/jenn, noted on ur orders. i dunno e expiry for e new batches tha i wld be receiving but those tha i gotten recently, cherry expires in mar 09 &amp; sweet corn expires in may 09.

Hi Mummies

I haven't been here for quite a while. My boy is seeing PD/GP every week for his flu/runny nose/ cough... some pple said it is common for bbies to be sick often upon admitting to the baby care centers. It has been very draining for both hb and me coz we have to tend to a cranky bb at nite and send him to school every morning. If he's sick, we have to bring him to see doc and i have to trouble my mum (oso working) to take urgent leave to care of him.

Hence, I have posted the message below for responses and repeating it here in case you have any good referrals
happy.gif

We are seeking part time helper in AMK area for:
1. Babycare (morning 7.30am onwards)
2. Household cleaning

3 days a week
-Salary to be discussed

Anyone has any good referrals - please PM me.

Updates on Gerber Puffs Spree

Hi Ladies, I've started a Gerber Puffs Spree, here's the link - http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1672161.html?1219911821.

In summary,

<u>Sweet Corn Flavour</u>
Mattmum x 5
Eliz x 2
Jenn x 3

<u>Cherry Flavour</u>
Mattmum x 3
Eliz x 2
Jenn x 1

I've already placed order for 1 ctn of Sweet Corn flavour &amp; 1 ctn of Cherry flavour. Ea bottle is S$3.40, without shipping fees (US$27.80 x 1.47 exch rate / 12 bottles in 1 ctn), pls proceed to trsf to <font color="ff0000">POSB Savings 122-05898-0</font> as follows. Shipping fees wld be collected when I rcvd the items.

Mattmum, total 8 bottles, S$27.20
Eliz, total 4 bottles, S$13.60
Jenn, total 4 bottles, S$13.60

Hi bunnybluey,

count me in, I also want to order, in time? if possible 2 of each flavour. But saw that sweet corn left one slot only. SMS me if my orders are in as I still can't post in overseas spree.

hihi ladies ...

I think I saw QiYuan and mummy yty at kangkar lrt . hehe I was with my son keith.
happy.gif
No sure whether it was u so didnt go up to you. Qiyuan so cute!
happy.gif
I guess we stay very near right?

florence
u were the one with a kid arr? yah he's very bubbly and happy type. this lil QY wants to use the ezlink card and pass thr the gantry. u did not see what happened thereafter. he went behind the mama shop and insist on pushing the trolley
sad.gif

eliz, rcvd ur payment, txks.

jjm, for e sweet corn flavour oni left 1 slot, so can oni cfm 1 for u now, if got pp never pays up by tis sunday, other than SK mummies here, will open e additional slot to u. as for cherry flavour, hv reserved 2 for u.

jenn, know tha u r overseas now, so wld hold on to ur order even if i dun rcv payment fr u by tis sunday, but to be fair to other spreeists, pls trsf once u r back.

smurfy : yup, my son was wearing jeans and red top. I must have looked terrible without makeup. haha plain lazy nowadays.

My kids blog is : keithnhazel.blogspot.com

Hi bunnybluey,

have transferred, thanks.

To Account POSB Savings
122-05898-0 bunnybluey
Amount S$10.20
Transaction Reference 1864465650

littleoink - Your pic is so nice I thought you got it online from a visit Hokkaido site or sth!
happy.gif
You reckon I should get thermal wear in Japan instead? Ok, think I will...easier for me also...if reli windy, then I will get it. My boy is also turning 13 months and he is also not walking, but I thought, whatever lah, just go...haha.

Vamiga - Thanks for advice...you're right. Should cover the parts which tend to lose heat easily. I'm also worried about the head, cos my boy doesnt have a head of locks...
happy.gif

bunnybluey - just transferred amount for gerber spree over to you, please check your email...thanks for organising another spree...I asked my friends and they were all pretty keen, so ordering on their behalf. I am ordering 1 of ea flavour for my boy to try. Let me know when to make the rest of the payment k? So good you got a cousin who's a pharmacist, can always consult whenever you need advice esp on kiddy med right?

Littlefly - sorry to hear that your boy is sick...understand the strain in taking care of a sick baby. Hope your boy recovers soon...I have a helper who comes in to help me clean the house once a week, and she's very good. But she is also staying in Sengkang so not sure if she wants to go to AMK. You're not staying in SK anymore? I can ask her if she's interested and let you know. Meantime, you take care.

those who had joined me for e gerber puffs spree, i had rcvd ur trsf, except for jenn.

mattmum, ur friends not tha keen on cherry flavor? i still need to lelong 5 bottles of e cherry flavor whereas e sweet corn flavor is "selling" like hotcakes but too bad, now amazon OOS aft i've ordered 2 ctns. e pharmacist cousin is in KL leh, so can't really consult her lor... but i wun hv to worry abt jake not able to get med if he fell sick when we r there. but if go elsewhere, tink really must bring along some med, to be on e safe side...

jenn, pls trsf e payment for e gerber puffs as i'm oni pending ur payment, appreciate it if u cld trsf by tis wed, else i may hv to give up ur slots to others.

bunnybluey
I am back today, will do the transfer now !!!!! Thanks for holding the order for me !!!!

To Account POSB Savings
122-05898-0 bunnybluey
Amount S$13.60
Transaction Reference 1866899058
01 Sep 2008 01:59 PM Singapore

BunnyBluey,
Thanks for holding the order for me as i just reach spore early this morning and now back to office to work.

Do let me know when i need to transfer the bal shipping charges to you. U can PM me once u need me to trf, can ??? I can give you my mobile number in the PM too.

jenn, no prob for holding e order for u, just tha can't hold too long, so as to be fair to other spreeists, i hv ur email addr, as u had stated above. how's ur taiwan trip?

Bunnybluey,
I fully understand. Still thanks for holding.

The trip is super tiring, cos have to change hotel daily and the sun is damn hot, my skin was basically burn lor... didnt really enjoy further cos was my 2nd time there and the places of interest are the same.

This round was my company retreat, so just go since is free... ha ha ha

jenn, no prob, wanna get more bottles of cherry flavour? haha... still trying to lelong e balance 5 bottles of cherry flavour...
biggrin.gif
wah... comp retreat to taiwan, veri gd leh... i can oni dream abt it! so dun complain too much. din bring along sunscreen?

smurfy, ur OTC items here liao, ready for collection. did u rcv my email on e top-up amt &amp; collection details?

jen : do u still have the pink toothpaste with brush ? If have can pass to eliz when she collect her OTC stuff? hehe. I will transfer to u first if u have stock.

Hi bunnybluey

how much is your 1st teeth going for? Only 1 flavour right? You got blue for the brush? Let me know ok, thanks!

bunnybluey - yar about the cherry gerber puffs, my friends who have boys are not keen on them. Haha...I dunno why. You still need 5?

bunnybluey
yes yes, received ur email. ah boy sick arr.. on leave tues n wednesday to stay with him. but still spotting high fever this morning.

Back