Mummies in Pasir Ris

Sorry for late reply dsii, still trying hard to be SAHM hehe. Yes drive 4 is pretty near the market area/polyclinic. How old are your kiddies?

Hi Mummy in Pasir Ris,

Would like to check any phonic class recommendations for 5 yr old kid? my son born in 2007.

TIA

Hi Mummies,
Am trying to find a childcare for my girl. She will be turning 2yo next Jan, currently have enrolled her to a daily 2-hr playgroup, as the CCC near my place (St 72) were full. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
happy.gif

Hi Lovelylavi,
Thanks for sharing. Is kinderland in loyang pt the one with some play slide behind the building? Do the kids get to play outdoor?
happy.gif

Hello all mummies staying in pasir ris! i'm staying at st 51 and my daughter's an august 2011 baby.
i am still trying to get a place for the talentplus 2013 classes at west plaza and have already successfully registered with My Little Campus (also in pasir ris west plaza) for her full 0700-1900 childcare..

any mummies sending their children to these schools??

Hi Lovelylavi,
Thanks for your feedback. We were there on Children's Day, but they're not operating. Despite that there's a lady eating at the recep counter, she totally ignored us when we were trying to get her attention. *Sigh*

Hi August,
Congrats that you got your girl a place at My Little Campus.
happy.gif
We were trying to secure a place for my girl but was told that there's no vacancy for year 2011 baby. Guess I will have to try again. heheee
happy.gif

Hi whisp!! There are no classes for 18mths! I have registered the next batch which starts in 2014 jan! Go register! As for now, I will jus send her to play grp till 2013 dec! Jan 2014 my little campus starts and they just skip the toddler 18mth classes (no big deal)... Come in straight away Playgroup! (for the 2yrs old) The principal is very friendly too! I sat there chatting with her! :D

Hi August,
ic! kangeong me got the wrong msg. paiseh! i've put her on the waiting list beginning of the year, guess it's not the same as registering. do u need to pay for registering for the 2014 intake, or just leave a name?
happy.gif

Haha yup! Yes u need to pay to secure the place... It's 1 month sch fees $80 plus $770. The last time I asked she say cannot pay by CDA btw Cus it's refundable when u leave next time...
happy.gif

thanks for your tip.
for clarification, how much is the monthly school fee? is the deposit refundable? since year 2014 is still pretty much far away, in case i strike toto, maybe can shift house....hahaaa me dreaming only.
happy.gif

If u are working, it's 770-300: 470 per mth. I think it's very reasonable as they have free phonics classes, abacus, etc... Because for my case no point I send her to the mys, thn after Tat sat n sun gotta go phonics classes etc.. At least now I can relax on her studies and look into enrichment classes like ballet or music instead of studies... This way I would Tink her wkend may get mre enjoyable and yet enriching... Haha. The sch always no slot if u take too long. There are mummies registering for 2015 classes already
happy.gif
) I've done quite a lot of call ups to diff schs... Some like montessori are very good but I am unable to afford, and I don't really want to send them to the pcf or mys (others reading pls dun be insulted) so I Thot Tis was a rather good choice. Of cos it has it's pros and cons..
happy.gif
this sch is 1 grade higher thn other schs meaning when they are K1 they are already reachin k2 stuff. Some mummies don't like to push their child too hard anyway ;) as for me, I chose this Cus I need some help to discipline my child haha. Getting out of hands already! Always beat mummy n daddy throw things climb here n there. Appearance so cute but sometimes get out of hands. Felt this sch might help as there may be schs which jus leave the kids running abt and not telling them
Off. :D

Btw I have enrolled in talent plus west plaza and will be starting in march 2013.. Jus a tentative plan to get my child to mingle arnd for the time being before the full day cc starts
happy.gif
talent plus if u are interested is jus abt $165 If I am not mistaken... 2hrs pg

Hi Mummies,

I didnt know there is thread just for Pasir Ris Mummies. I am way the other end PR St 13.

Anyone near my side ??

I have 2 boys 8yrs and 6 yrs old. I was active in my gynae thread in the past. With the demands from my 2 monsters, no time to chat here.

Mi is a SAHM staying at st 51, 3mths old n 3.5yrs old girls. looking for friends for my elder girl as she is always playing alone (poor thing) as her mei mei is still too young, wahahaha. btw, anyone has kid at pentecost?

Hi all pasir ris mummies,

I am very new mummy , just given birth on 15 oct. Glad to find this thread! Can mummies pls advise mehow to let bb sleep longer at nite?

Is there any gd gdr in pasir ris?

Hi all pasir ris mummies,

I am very new mummy , just given birth on 15 oct. Glad to find this thread! Can mummies pls advise mehow to let bb sleep longer at nite?

Is there any gd gdr in pasir ris?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here too. Very pleasantly surprise to find this group. Will be so wonderful to connect more. I'm staying at Dr 6 and planning to be a SAHM. Can I have more advise on this? I'm unsure if I would feel disconnected and I'm concern if my world will become small. Any advise?

Hi all, I just happen to chance upon this thread while googling for reviews on Character Montesorri (opp Pasir Ris park). I live in Pasir Ris St.12... SAHM to a 22mth girl and just gave birth to another girl on 10.10.12
happy.gif

Hi Anna, my tip in surviving being a new SAHM (2yrs ago lah) was to try and make friends with similiar SAHMs also. Drastic change from my usual "world".. coz I missed my job, miss socializing etc.. used to get very depressed but managed to slowly make some new friends at the playground below my block. It takes time and morale support, I guess.
happy.gif

Hi WenLyn,

Thks for the tips and encouragement! Are there a lot of SAHMs in pasir ris? All my frds went back to work, after giving birth, even my sis-in-law who just delivered last mth worked through her confinement at home. My hubby is supportive but can't help feel some sort of pressure from society and in-laws.
sad.gif
when I told my frds I wanna be sahm, their eyes all open big big and one of them even say, 'you wanna be huang lian po ah?'
sad.gif

Hi Angel, I am staying at pasir ris street 13 too.

Hi b1e2linda, peharps u can change bb diaper and give bb formular milk (if u are not totally breastfeeding)before bedtime. Bb can sleep longer when they are full (but dont overfeed). As u have just delivered, try to sleep when bb sleeping during daytime ok.

Hi coverdinchocolate, most important is to have your hubby's support. Dont worry about the pressure. just imagine u can stay at home and take care of bb, play and have fun with bb rather than working whole day, tired and bear with work stress. heee... that work stress can cause u developing mrt lines from left to right on your face.

b1e2linda, hey, our newborns are only 5 days apart. I'm waking up every 2hrs to let baby latch on (and also pump excess bm). so tired!!
sad.gif

Anna, no prob. and even after 2++yrs of being a SAHM, I have no regrets. Sure, I miss my old job very much (was an airline crew) but I won't trade it for my current life now. It will be boring for the first few years coz gotta stay home and care for the baby but more freedom will come after 2.5-3yrs when they go preschool
happy.gif

HiHi! Salute to all the SAHM, i've considered that option while pregnant, but during the 4mth maternity leave, I chicken out, as I suspect I suffered from post-natal depression after going thru the confinement period on my own without help.

it's not easy staying at home to take care of kids FT, but the rewards seeing our kiddos grow up is unmeasurable.
happy.gif

Hi all,

I'll be moving to Pasir Ris in Dec. I need to find a tutor for each subject: Chinese, English & Math. Does anyone have a good tutor around Pasir Ris for my boy P6 (next year)? As P6 is a critical year, I need someone who is recommended. Please let me know if your current tutor is good.

Hi all mummies,

I am new here and moved in to Pasir Ris 2 years ago. Glad to find this community.

Can anyone recommend me good Chinese tutor for Primary School?

Thanks.

Hi all mummies, I m staying at St 71. currently expecting my #2 in Sept. taking care of my P2 girl at hm too.

hope to know more pasir ris mummies here.
happy.gif

(any mummy bloggers from pasir ris?)

hi mummies.... just found this thread, me staying at pasir ris too dr 6 near the fish pond there and sports club.
SAHM for almost 2 year as quit my job when i pregnant. now my girl is 14m.
Sometimes very stress for me taking care of her alone and see her also very lonely...maybe we can share a bit over here and make some friends.

Any mummy can give recommendation also for playgroup (1-2hr) for my girl...plan to enroll her on 18m.

Thank you...

Hi mummies
happy mothers day
any mummy looking for nanny service,before n after schoolcare,part-time basics/full-tme
contact 97327396 for more info tks

Hello. Mummies!
I'm a SAHM for Abt 2 plus months now and staying at st 52.
My baby is 7 mths now.
So nice to know there a thread just for pasir ris mummies!
happy.gif

I'm looking for play group school and there's one talent plus at st 52. Inside RC. Anyone send their kids there before? Hope to hear some feedback from that place.

Hello all,

I am a SAHM newbie. Only for 2 weeks. Stay near st 71.

30nster- I am also looking at the talent plus at st 52. The one at the CC has slot for morning session. But I understand the kids will go in without parents so I decided to wait for a while longer.

HiHi!

Shopperfan, my gal was at TalentPlus @ West Plaza last year. It's a 2-hrs playground session, which time passes pretty fast, and think my gal enjoys herself after she settled herself there.

To take note that for playgroup, the school will be following the primary school holiday. i.e. no class during Jun and Dec school holiday. Despite that we still need to pay for the 2 months.

If I did not remember wrongly the TalentPlus at Elias CC do not charge for Jun and Dec holiday. I may be wrong, you may wish to call them to confirm.

Whisp - Thanks for the feedback. I am 'shopping' for a suitable playground or even childcare. Half-minded as to when to return to workforce. So the childcare arrangement is currently quite fluid.

Berrishan - I have 2. #1 is almost 3.5yrs, #2 is 20 months.

Hi all moms,

Anyone let their babes drink Bellamy's organic formula?

I'm thinking of doing bulk purchase if can gather regular buyers who live in the vicinity.

Back