Mount A or TMC to deliver

babydino

Hi Ladies

Any advice on where would be better? My gynae has his clinic at TMC, but sm frenz & relative say deliver at Mount A better

Thanks

i had 2 times delivery at TMC, 1st time i feel quite satisfied on 2010.

2nd time i feel very disappointed, its on 2011.

Tmc chg management ...tatz y svc went down.

I find mt A staff more sincere and personal. They really take the time to explain and advise mummies. I was there a few times visiting my frends who delivered and was impressed with their attitude.

I wanted to deliver my 2nd bb there, but my gynae only deliver in TMC. So i had no choice. I was hoping my 2nd experience wld be better, but it was even worse. Tat was in aug 2011.

Tmc staff like just gg thru the motion. Some face black black. My hb was displeased with 1 of the staff nurse who attended to me when i had problems latching on my nb. She was v rough with my bb and keep forcing n squeezing my nipple into bb mouth. When he still doesnt latch, she just shrug off and left! They always seem to be in rush when attending to me.

I delivered in Mt A last Dec. Happy with their service. Nurse are very nice & caring. Room is nice & spacious (I was in single room). But now they are having major reno, so depending on which ward u are in, might be facing the construction site.

Babydino, u can refer to Mt A site for maternity package. My total bill was rather high coz I was an induced labour with epidural case that failed, end up as emergency C-sect. Total $9k, inclusive of gynae fees. 50% thru Medisave.

Celia, maybe u call Mount A to get the answer will be more accurate.

the price list for mount A and TMC can get from their website i think.

I delivered my baby last yr July in Mt. A, if i have 2nd, will go Mt.A too.

Their nurse is very patient, as a 1st time mother, they teach me how to latch my baby, and there is nurse will come and guide you on latching ur baby.

2 wks after i returned home, they even called to checked if i have any problem on handling baby, or any problem with my baby.

I deliver with vocum, without epidural, only pain killer and is $3050, after Medisave, less than $400 cash.

Def Mt. A. Hard time getting my car, long queue n bad system in Thomsom. Nurses mostly not gentle. given the same advise to my sister as well...

Sister Kang at Mount A is great!

yes the food was nice too. my hubby enjoy his food too when he stay there with me in 2009

My 1st gal delivered @ TMC in 2010 & 2nd gal @ Mt A in 2012. I was staying in single ward in both and I expect the hospital to have good service since I'm paying alot for the single ward room.

For both cases, I was having c-sect n has difficulties BF in a comfortable position as I felt so painful on the first day, hence my greatest comfort is to have a very nice helpful nurse who can really assist me to bf in bed!!

I would preferred MT A coz the room is much spacious, n the nurse is really very good and patient BUT the food is so so only. The nurse there really has very good patient when it comes to BFing my BB on the bed.

TMC nurse is horrible, as I experience a young Indian nurse on the 4th level, she made me seems so awkward n sad when she showed me how to BF my baby on the bed. Basically she pinched hard on my nipple n stuff it into my BB mouth n had done it so rudely and rough that I was so upset!! Worst thing happened on the last day of my stay, a guy plumper just walki in my ward without even knocking when I was struggling BFing my BB!!
sad.gif

But TMC food is really very delicious especially their soup!! >.<

If given a choice for my future 3rd BB, I would pick Mt A without second tots!!

I delivered my no.1 at TMC in 2010 and no2 at Mt A in 2011. Mt A won hands down.
The delivery experience at TMC were quite bad that I am still spooked by it. I was pinned down on bed at the waiting area for a good 8 hours before I was pushed into the delivery room. The waiting area was a little like the war zone kind, with only screens to seperate me and other mummies. When it was about time, a snr nurse prep me into position and told me to start pushing (without gynae around), after a few pushes, I was left alone with my husband for a good 5 mins cos she was called to another room. When the gynae came, she told me I was pushing the wrong way (which the snr nurse nv bothered to correct) I was totally drained by then and was nearly being dragged to C-sect.
At MtA, I was brought into a cosy delivery room straight away, maybe cos that was 4am and not so busy, but the nurses were fast in organising everything. It only took them 1 hour to prep me and my epidural done. I was left to rest at 5am until it was time to push.
Costs wise, both are comparable. Not much difference.
Service wise, I find Mt A more sincere. Cos at TMC, I felt that the nurses were nice cos I was in a 1-bedded.
Enviroment wise, Mt A has got subway downstairs and a pharmarcy where you can pick up some last minutes stuff before you go home.

wow.. sounds like TMC is really quite horrible. I am considering Mt. A cos the parking at TMC is really insane. And just going for check-ups, the place is already crazily crowded..

Glad I read this!
happy.gif

I give birth 2011 at TMC as my gynae only station there. Was really disaapointed with the service rendered there. Nurse are not helpful, rude and not compassionate. And i even have very bad encounter with the lactaction consultant!! She is so rude and so impatient! she come and go in a rush and dun really borther to advise me on proper breastfeeding. I am already very depress that i cannot latch my baby properly and urgently require lactation advises..she come and just squeeze, press and roughly handle my baby and FORCE her head onto my breast and LEFT!!! Feel very depress and keep crying after that. Any nice experience female gynae at Mt A to recommend? I am not going back TMC for no.2!!!

Tmc sucks!! I juz deliver in Tmc in june2012. Bedding arrangements is bad. I was promised a one bedder room n yet they forgot to arrange n end up they push me to wait at the corridor while they find me another room..

Baby was admitted or jaundice n they say cannot give us complimentary car passes for this case!

Seriously I will nvr go back Tmc again!

I delivered both kids at Mount A. It was really a wonderful experience. Nurses there was very good and personally. Im a catholic and every morning, the sister will come and say a prayer for me. Very very nice feeling and feel very touched. The food was fantastic!

MT A for sure.. their nurses and service are superb..! To me the food are good.. my aunties came to visit me (i gave birth within a week after my cousin) and she saw the food served to me.. she say looks much fresher than what my cousin had in Raffles Hospital.. and the doubleboil soup also good.. i delivered in Apr 2011 before the reno.. it was very quiet n peaceful.. even the lactation nurse oso nice n patient towards me n my baby.. she came twice to help me during my 1st n 2nd day (Fri n Sat). My total bill was $5k+ (C-Sec n 4 bedded).. n i think exclude baby's bill. but in total i paid $1.4k+ cash after all the medisave deductions..

Hi all, I heard if you want hubby to stay over you need to get 1 bedded only. Is that true?

Anyone has called the hospital when Mt. A major reno ends? Thanks!

yes, if want hubby to stay over must be 1-bedded. There will be a daybed for hubby.

For Mt A, compulsory to add on "companion fee" that includes 3 main meals &amp; 2 snacks for him. TMC also charges companion fee but meals are excluded.

At Mt A, 2-bedded is too cramped for hubby to stay over and will disturb the other patient in the room.

HI Usaginoko, thank you for the info. Hee hee.. You know this year even we book for 1 bedded, we might not get that. ='(

Yesterday i just went for Mt A maternity tour. The touring lady told us that based on the their current booking it will be a challenge to get the room that you desired. They are expecting the peak of delivery for the year in Oct. All the rooms are full since past few days where we can't even really view the room but just only looking at the photo.

So if you are not delivery within this month, i guess the chances are much higher.

Renovation still on going, and indeed is quite noisy for some area. They say the renovation will be completed by end of this year.

I guess best advice is to arrange to go for their Maternity tour and really feel the impact.

i really hope the reno will be done by end of the year. it's quite terrible to get parking when going for my checkups. but their free valet service is really handy.
happy.gif

i'm due in Feb'13.
happy.gif

TMC was quite bad in the day, the nurses like bo chap, rough and careless to my wife. But the nite nurses on the other hand, fared so much better. I was expecting the other way round initially cuz nite shift should be the best to "relax" haha.

Paying double of what others pay for the same type of single ward and procedures, making me in the 90th percentile cost for naturally induced birth, I give it a thumbs down. I dropped the idea of a pursuing the matter simply because they have delivered my fat... oops... chubby and healthy baby girl safe and sound. I think that matters above all. So if by any chance we're going for a baby sequel, we're gonna go Mt A this time round.

The gynaes at TMC are good, but I think the hospital itself simply CMI now.

I delivered at TMC out of convenience, since my Gynae's clinic is there? But I really wondered if I had delivered at Mt A, would it have been worth it? Or in fact, there is not much inconvenience to deliver where the Gynae is not based?

Mt A, much better.
I delivered my 1st kid in TMC; then second one in Mt A on April 2011. The nurses are more caring &amp; enviroment quite peaceful

Since the TMC staff there are bad, y none of us complain so that they could improve their service.

Lit that i'm worried cos i'm giving birth at TMC nxt year... Pray hard the service is gd. I have no choice cos the gynae is at TMC onli.

Hi Ladies,

My first was delivered at TMC as well, the food is nice but service is just okay lah. I am thinking to change to MT A for my second. But can anyone recommend any good gynae at MT A to me. Thank you so much.

I gave birth in both hospitals too. Other than soup and renovation in tmc, nothings can it compares to mt a. So as all my friends agree.

Even my gynae chose mt a in terms of facilities in case any emergency. Just too bad that mt a was happened to hv micron shut down due to their annual maintenance on my scheduled day. If not, I wouldn't hv experienced the difference between both..

I am contemplating between choosing a single bedded or a double bedded in TMC due to my son. my son is 18mths and stick to me. so I wonder if anyone know will they allow the kid to stay overnight if i were to choose a single bedded? Please PM me. thanks.

hi cindy,
i chose a single bed in TMC.I didn't let my toddler who is sticky to me too stay over (cos i wanted to rest and have no energy to take care of her). It is better to let her stay at home with a caregiver (your parents/in laws/someone trustworthy).

You can start preparing him for that by telling him/reading books to him.

Mine, surprisingly accepted it.It's better cos you get to rest and you can focus on bf the newborn too.

Single room can allow toddler to come in and play, even make some noises without disturbing other mummies.

I have stayed in both Mt A &amp; TMC before and prefer Mt A. I agree the soup and the classes are better. The nurses seem more caring at Mt A but then again, really depends on who you get. In service line, the staff makes all the difference.

All the best!

Back