1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/

Most popular brand of formulae milk

Discussion in 'Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies' started by mum2be05, Dec 14, 2004.

1. mum2be05

mum2be05 New Member

Hi all mums, which is the brand of FM u've chosen/giving for/to your bb?

2. berrywife

berrywife Active Member

I'm giving my baby similac excellence.

3. jastan

jastan Active Member

I am giving my boy Enfalac A+ SA

4. lyn_tan

lyn_tan Active Member

Enfalac (bb took this during our 2 day stay at KKH)

5. soyabean

soyabean New Member

enfalac a+... same as lyn.... my boi was given dat when in kkh.

6. cherly

cherly Active Member

Enfalac A+

7. tora

tora New Member

Friso

8. expecting_mum

expecting_mum New Member

my baby also taking enfalac A+ as supplement on top of BM...

9. cutecute

cutecute Member

Enfalac A+
    My baby was also given this brand when in KKH.

Similiac Excellence
    When my baby was 7 mth old

10. qhl

qhl New Member

aiyoh.....I should cast my vote.

Mamil Gold

(feeling quite lonely here :p)

11. snow04

snow04 New Member

My vote is S26, try similac but my girl does like it...

12. snow04

snow04 New Member

Sorry typo,

My vote is S26, try similac but my girl does not like it...

13. linda_thea

linda_thea New Member

Similac Excellance since birth.

BTW, how do you mummies go abt selecting the follow-on for 1 year old FM? I was thinking on progressing to Gain IQ which is by Abbott too since Similac doesn't have milk for 1 year and above. But still thinking if there are other choices...

14. littleprince

littleprince Active Member

QHL

u are not alone, my bb also taking Mamil Gold .. [​IMG]

15. anchovy

anchovy New Member

my bb was taking mamex, but no pass motion so change to enfalac, then become constipation, then change to similac...

16. mum2be05

mum2be05 New Member

wah, after this thread, seems like I more headache hahahaha...j/k Thanks for all the contributions !

It appears that most wld juz 'follow-up' with whichever brand the hospital has been feeding the bbs wif during their stay at the hosp...guess it's natural/common.

17. pepp

pepp New Member

Just for your information, I was advised by the nurses at the polyclinic that currently Enfa series is the best milk powder.

18. tora

tora New Member

Hi Mum05 ,

Actually you can chose which brand of milk to feed your baby during your stay at the hosp...
    Think the hosp have a few brand to chose from.

Hi linda ,
    Since my 1st kid , I gave friso 1(0-6mths) then continue Friso 2(6mths-1 year) and Friso 3(1-3years) .

I think the most important is that the formula milk must be suitable for your baby.

19. handydog

handydog New Member

I used Friso 1 , then now 2. Baby ok with it. PD advised if bb ok with 1 brand, try not to change unless bb allergic to that brand.

20. skyblue

skyblue Active Member

pepp,

PDs whom I've spoken to said all FM r more or less the same...

21. mavys_m2bagain

mavys_m2bagain New Member

hi linda,
    my gal was also taking similac excellence infant and follow-on. Now she is turning 1 early next month, i have started her with Gain IQ on mixing with her SE follow-on. She is ok with it. [​IMG]

22. berrywife

berrywife Active Member

pepp, I dont think there is a 'BEST' when it comes to FM. Its what that suits or doesnt suit your baby. Plus, I wouldnt trust the random comments 100% given by nurses at the polyclinic :p

23. starlite

starlite Member

To moms who is using Progress Gold now, does your baby have constipation problem?

My son is on Wyeth S26 milk since he's born. Now at 17 mths, he is on Progress gold. But his bowel movement is getting more and more irregular. Sometimes, he can don't pass motion for 3 days in a row despite the fact that we gave him one fruit serving daily.

I'm thinking of changing his milk powder to Gain IQ. Any advice on this?

I also heard that Pediasure is a good and popular formula.

24. skyblue

skyblue Active Member

berry,
    I agree with u totally. That time when i brought my boi to polyclinic for jab, they ask if i'm overfeeding my boi. After that i as the doc n she said," Where got overfeed?" since my boi falls into the 50th percentile of the chart.

25. pepp

pepp New Member

berry,
    wat u said is also true. some babies can't take certain fm. But I tasted Enfa milk and turns out compared to other brands, it's the least sweet.

skyblue,
    *nod nod* my PD also say same thing.

26. helena

helena New Member

hi mummies,
    can anyone tell me the difference between friso blue and friso pink?
    thanks!

27. skyblue

skyblue Active Member

Helena,
    Think the blue tin one is for newborns to 6 mths. Pink one is for 6 mths to dun know when. U can read the info on the tin. There's number on the tins. Blue one is Friso 1, Pink one shd be Friso 2.

28. tora

tora New Member

Hi Helena ,

Now they change the tin already .
    Last time , blue (friso 1 for 0-6mths) , pink (friso 2 for 6-1year ) and green (Friso 3 for 1-3years) and orange ( friso 4 for >3years ).
    Now , they have change to Friso 1 , Friso 2 , Friso 3 .
    And they have two type ...with gold and without gold .
    With gold is slightly more expensive ..which includes AA , DHA...

29. handydog

handydog New Member

Friso Gold 1 & 2 comes in 1800ml, even cheaper than the Friso 1,2 (2 cans). More worth it to buy.

30. helena

helena New Member

skyblue and tora,
    Thanks. I still see the blue and pink tins around. Is Friso the same as Frisolac?

31. handydog

handydog New Member

yap..change from frisolac to Friso.

32. mngo

mngo Active Member

I am using Friso Gold. Not sure if it is good?

33. pringles

pringles New Member

Mummies,

those of u who use Friso on your bbs....do u find it makes your bb grow fatter?

34. micky12

micky12 New Member

Hi mummies,

I have 2 tins of mamil gold step 2 to sell, each tin @ $17.50. Interested parties, please email me at darrenmicky@yahoo.co.uk

35. irenevinc

irenevinc New Member

Hi Handydog & mngo & others ,

Do you find any problem with your baby after the Friso change to new Friso formula ??

My elder gal have fever and diarrhea .(friso 3)
    And my baby have fever and constipation.( friso 1 gold) .

Not sure if the formula become to heaty ( like S26 )

Anyone of you have this problem ?

36. beanie

beanie New Member

Hi irenevinc,

I do not have such problem. I understand there is still friso regular in the market. You may like to consider to stick to friso regular in this case. So far my gal switch from Friso regular to Friso Gold and is ok. Passing motion every day. Will be taking Friso 2 soon.

How about yours?

Now my only problem is, my brother bought me 6 tins of Nan 1 and is still in tact (he is so naive to think that formula milk is the same and when his friend told him that Nan is good, he bought 6 tins for my girl as a gift. I have not use it since my girl is doing well with Friso. Furthermore, I ordered directly from Friso just last month (heard of their promo from firned, 6 + 2 tins free). Now my girl is reaching 6 months in two weeks time, I will have 3 tins of Friso Gold 1 and 6 tins of Nan 1 leftover. Do you think I can still continue to give them to my girl?

37. handydog

handydog New Member

So far no problem..I'm using the new frisco regular (2). Stool still the same. Cd it be some virus that is caught b/w yr kids, esp now in cold season.

Beanie, how did u order from them? from internet? is the promo still on?

38. beanie

beanie New Member

Hi handydog,

The promo is a one time off deal for Friso 1 only. I called the Friso hotline to place my order. How much did you pay for your Friso Regular 2?

39. anchovy

anchovy New Member

Hi

Anyone buy similac from agent?

40. handydog

handydog New Member

I bought the 180L at 34+ at NTUC.

41. handydog

handydog New Member

opps...1.8kg

42. mum2be05

mum2be05 New Member

Anyone practice 'mix feeding'? That is feeding EBM in the day n FM in the nite?
    I tot of doing so, but not sure which brand of FM to feed my bb in the nite, reason being that I've heard that we aren't supposed to use hot water to warm up our EBM, so in this case, it's gonna be quite a hassle juz for a feed esp at nite...

43. puff

puff New Member

hi beanie
    my girl is taking friso 1 too!!

can i have the friso hotline number so i can check with them on the offer?
    thanks

44. lyn_tan

lyn_tan Active Member

PUFF, THE HOTLINE FOR FIRSO IS 6419 8484 OR U CAN BROWSE THEIR WEBSITE AT WWW.FRISO.COM.SG

45. beanie

beanie New Member

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for helping me to reply puff,

Puff,

You may call them up and enquire on the offer. Is really a good buy and they deliver to your door step.

46. puff

puff New Member

i called them but they said there is no such promotion!!! they said customers could have ordered thru some clinics

47. lyn_tan

lyn_tan Active Member

puff, u must know how to "pretend pretend" insist hv n play them ard!!

or could be we hv spoken to different agents - that's why the one u spoke to said "no"??

i always call for eunice - she know's my needs and as and when - she'll always hv samples/ newsletter for me.

normally when u call they will put you to the agent incharge of ur district.

48. beanie

beanie New Member

Hi puff,

yah, that's what I do too, but just that I speak to another staff by the name of May Fung.

you may like to try calling them again.

good luck

49. puff

puff New Member

lyn and beanie
    i called them again, spoke to adeline and she said dunno of such promotion, she told me eunice has left

then i asked for may fung who told me she is not in charge of my area (sengkang)!! she is taking care of the west district

how ah??

50. beanie

beanie New Member

Hi puff,

Sorry for my late reply. Why dun you ask May Fung to pass you to the staff who is in charge of your area?

May Fung has been very friendly and I even got my cousins to order from her, the only thing is they all stay around the West district.

Maybe you can call again and either ask for the staff in charge of your area or ask May Fung for help.

51. roundbear

roundbear New Member

Hi All

I think all FM is the same. My first child was taking 5-6 different brands of FM for 2 years as they were free sample from my sister working in the clinic. Now my second child is doing the same thing. No problem at all.

52. lyn_tan

lyn_tan Active Member

puff, didnt know eunice hv left!!! yep, try talking to other staff - they are all v.friendly.

roundbear - gd for u - can save $$

53. beanie

beanie New Member

Hi roundbear,

Ya, that's what I feel too, just do a gradual switch. Most babies should be fine. Is just a matter of getting use to the new taste for the baby.

54. linda_thea

linda_thea New Member

Hi mommies,
    Actually what is the major diff btw the diff milk powder for 1yr old baby? GainIQ cost me $27+ per 900g and Nestle Neslac cost only $25 for 1.5kg! I gotten a 900gm sample from Nestle and is trying my girl on it... But I get so torn up btw choosing a so called "branded hence better quality" milk and a "not-so-popular" milk... I mean I can afford GainIQ but to me, is it necessary to spend that diff? Or is the difference in amt worth it cos my girl will be getting more?

55. hong

hong Active Member

Hi Linda,

1st of all check the contents & the ingredient of the milk.

If u notice, most of the milk tin have a chart to tell the consumers the amt of minerals and vitamin that the milk powder contains.

There is another small corner of the tin that stating the ingredients eg palm oil, vegetable oil etc etc..

There may be some slight different in them.

As for the price, it was partly due to the places it was packed, the QC ad QA of the product.

Like Dumex or Neslac, they are packed in msia or Indonesia or Asia country where labour cost is low, QA & QC varies. Thus, the price are different.

GainIO and Enfalac series may pack in western countries and ship over to Singapore so the price are generally higher. It is also belief that they QA and QC are more stingent.

56. linda_thea

linda_thea New Member

Hi Hong
    Thanks for the advise... I did try to check the contents... but it gets too much to me.. hehehe :p Not patience enuff... I only know Nestle has higher energy level but Gain has higher protein and calcium...
    But I just wonder if these diff are worth the $$ in the long run. I know it is for MY girl but just trying to justify the $$... Hehehe... like very stingy hor?
    Is it really necessary to give them high quality milk? Sigh... Thought IQ are pre-determined at birth... But after all the DHA and AA things, aiyoh, I KS to think maybe my girl not so clever, so hopefully drink "smart" milk will get smarter. Hahahha...
    WHat milk is your bb drinking?

57. hong

hong Active Member

Linda,

hee hee i heard my Gynae explained to me.

My girl took Dumex Mamil Gold, pack in Msia.. hee hee hee...

Generally they are gd, as long as they contain DHA and AA.

If u notice, Abbot selling pt is no palm oil,
    Friso selling pt is fibre added.... Mamil.. hmm dun know leh.. quite general..

So i chose Mamil, got everything and cheap..

58. novmum

novmum Member

Hi! I'm a 1st time mum and my bb boy was born on nov 04. need some advice.

I started my bb on Enfanlac A+ but bb has constitpation, so I switched to the normal Enfanlac (w/o A+) till now. I's worried that it is not as nutritious as A+. Hestitant to give him A+ as my mil says its no good to change milk powder. Any advice? tks in advance

59. missylan

missylan Active Member

my baby is on s26 too... so far so good. stool is normal and no constipation

60. mar_mum

mar_mum New Member

Hi all! I've been on total bf. Now want to switch to fm as my son reaching one soon. Now trying to give him Mamil occassionally (even though he always refuse). Was just thinking, since some fm has vanilla and choc flavour, is there any with banana flavour? My son loves banana, so if there is a fm with banana flavour, I might be able to make him drink.. hee hee