Montessori vs PCF

mommy_bumblebee

Hi Mommies,

I'm a SAHM, this is my first child so has no clue about scoting for a kindergarten.
For the past three years, i have been homeschooling my boy supplemented with Shichida classes. I'm contemplating if i should send my son to half day montessori or PCF next year.

My son is 33 months old and he loves maths and already doing addition, subtraction, division. My worry is PCF cirriculum maybe too slow for him as he enjoys learning so much.

I heard many reviews about PCF is that their cirriculum is very slow and my boy actually attended a day trial at a vegetarian montessori and the principal is our family friend. He loves the montessori and asked to attend school there. Half day Montessori is about $135 more expensive than PCF per month.

Should i send my boy to the familiar montessori or a PCF? Deep in my heart, half day montessori means parting with my son for 4-5hrs a day. I've been with him every single day for the past three years so i have difficulty in letting go of him, that's why i quit my job and became a SAHM. PCF is only 2hrs a day for $75/month.

If im in yr situation, i would definitely send my boy to montessori, since, the child obviously enjoyed montessori trial already, n u know pcf pace is slower, not forgetting the numbers of students is much higher too.
$135 is quite abit, but if its something that u can afford, perhaps having to cut off abit of yr personal money (eg.buy 1-2pcs less of clothings), y not?
I believe what parents wants most for the kid is seeing him/her happy. Even if it means u having lesser time with yr child. But u know its for his own gd. Think on the positive, u have a few more hours to yrself. Whether using the time to do housework, read a book, catch a movie, go ktv or even just rotting ard. Or get a parttime job near the sch! Mac or any fast food outlet. There r billions of ways to kill time! Take up part time childcare course? Or any other courses that u're interested in.

Parting with him for that few hrs more will definitely makes u miss him more. In a way, its definitely gonna improve the rs n bonding between the two of u. U missing him more n him missing u, n both of u will know the importance of the other party, cherishing even more the time when mummy/baby is ard. Isnt there a saying that goes like we usually learn the importance after losing it? Being a fulltime working mummy, i cherish every single second i have with my 2yo. We r so close though he spends most of his time in the childcare.

Jiayou mummy! It sure hurts when we have to 'let go'. But for them, whats that bit of pinch in the heart? Nth else matters more than that smile on our baby's face.

Insightful information. Am also looking for a suitable place. My son's not into Maths although he's into recignising and reading numbers.

The parting part will be the initial hurdle - not so much heartbreak but just worried he'll scream the whole place down. How did you deal with this part, Cindy? Do you mind sharing 'cos we've been letting him play and learn at home all this while.

Back