MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Oohlahlah, mine drink 100~120 every 2 hrs. How about urs?
Tildateo, all e best to u

Wow... Wat is their weight now? Mine drinking 100 every 3 hourly... But feel should increase soon.

Does your twins go on US timing? Meaning very awake in the midnight hours?

Wow... Wat is their weight now? Mine drinking 100 every 3 hourly... But feel should increase soon.

Does your twins go on US timing? Meaning very awake in the midnight hours?

They are around 4.5-4.6kg at 7 weeks now.

Yes, us timing.. My nanny says they are awake till past midnight! :(

Mine only us timing during first mth. Now they are quite adjusted. They will sleep from 7~12.then wake up for feed. Drink finish sleep again till e next 3 hrs and so on. So i still can catch some sleep in between. Mine weighs are 4.4 &4.5 at 6 weeks old. Think now about 5kg plus. Do u start their sleep routine? I try it by repeating e same routine. After evening bath, feed, then go to bedroom which is dimly lit. Seems they r used to it now. Even we go out, they will still sleep at e same hour.

@ellesie ... 2 weeks ago was quite bad... They will be awake from 11pm till 2am

But now they start to adjust... Most of th days, they will sleep by 1130pm then wake up around 230am for feed and then again at 530am. But the problem is after their 530am feed I will go back to sleep and have the hardest time to wake up for work!!!

My confinement lady coming back to help for another month... Hopefully by th time she goes back in sept the boys will be adjusted well....

Anyone introduced Pacifers?

We will trying our best not to... But to keep our sanity... We decided to give... And seems to be more manageable now.

Joshua Ellesie,
Yes I plan to put them in a routine. But now because confinement nanny is still taking care of them, they don't really have a very good routine yet.

I plan routine to be like this 8pm wipe down, milk and then put to zzz. About 11-12pm, one midnight feed. Then 230 another feed, then early morning feed around 530am.

I already introduced pacifier to help then zzz. Rule is pacifier can only be used to help then sleep, not when they are awake. And by 1 year old, they should be weaned off their pacifiers.

I hv intro pacifier even before they are full mth but they totally reject it, either awake or asleep. My headache now they seems to hv their own timing. Feed and sleep at different timing. Really drain me out.
Joshua, same here. Once i knock out at 5 plus , it is so difficult to wake up and i hv to prepare for my hubby n elder gal. Im currently maidless n i think very soon going to b exhibit in e zoo. Im so sleep deprived and my temper easily flared. My elder is really poor thing, always kena from me. Hope i can survive till e new maid is hired.

Oh dear, what happened to your maid? I can't imagine not having a maid at this time.. I hope your new maid comes soon. Really admire you!!
Are you getting a transfer maid? The agency told me it now takes 2-3 months for a new Filipino maid. I'm getting a 2nd maid.

The twins will be much manageable once hit the 3 mths mark... Mine now manageable...once last fed @ night around 11pm, both will sleep through till 4am or 5am which my shift starts from 4am till 12 midnite...good timing in a way as I start to prepare breakfast for hubby & girl for sch... Then will shower for the elder twin cos youngest twin loves to sleep so once elder twin shower, fed & zzz. Time to wake didi up for shower, feed & zzz... So after all these done will be ard 11am and I will prepare lunch & dinner... Stagnant feeding will not make me frustrate... My girl came back from sch around 2pm, ate her lunch & do her revision... In between feeding either twins...My dinner now starts very early like 5pm or 5:30pm so once done will feed, washup, play with either twins till 7pm/8pm... Then both zzz and depends what time either one up for their last feed... Set a routine for them will really help... No maid for us as we are now very comfortable w/o a maid, I don't want another set of problems on top of the twins...it is manageable and glad that hubby contributes his assistant once he's back from home...no pacifier for us at all... No carrying too much too so they sleep by themselves most of the time

Oohlahlah, my old maid asking for 50% increment after cl left. No negotiations even i ask her to stay till e new one come. She just dun budge n i sent her home the next day. Get a transfer Maid, work for a week, everyday cry want to go home. She's like depressed. I dun dare to let her stay any longer at my place. So sent back to agent n agent send her home. So this Tuesday going to interview new maid again. Hope can get suitable one.
Puppy2006, my hubby totally not hands on and im going back to work in oct. So not much time left to train new maid.

Wow 50% increase is too much!! Hope you get a good new maid soon!
Yah I can understand about hubby not being hands on. Besides my husband travels for work quite frequently and I will also be going back to work after maternity leave. I admire that you can drive and send them to infant care... I can't drive so sending to infant care will be a logistical nightmare. Hence i'm getting a 2nd maid. Mom will be around too to watch the maids once in a while.

Puppy love, I can't wait for them to be 3 month old!! Well done mommy in managing all by yourself!!

Hi mummies... I'm also thinking and very tempted in getting a second maid. I serious can't imagine how you mummies can do so much!!! I always say you will see the strength and tenacity of a woman when the situation calls for it... N with full admiration and respect... I salute you! I'm usually the man of the household.., but at times like these... I really look to my wife, becos she is simply amazing keeping up wif all the pumping carrying changing feeding and not getting any sleep.

Joshua
There are pros and cons of getting a 2nd maid. I'm taking a risk with that .. And the reasons I'm getting a 2nd maid are:

- one to take care of housework,cooking and my elder daughter and the other to take care of babies. To have one person do both, you will need a superwoman like Puppy2006 and Ellesie. Don't think any maid can do it.
- my mom is getting on years so I think she should play more of an overseeing role
- I can't put them in infantcare as I can't drive
- I will be going back to work after maternity leave
- I prefer to play with them when they are older than to feed them, change diapers, burp them.. Yah I'm a handsoff mommy. Currently my main job is just to pump pump pump. Subsequently I will try to set a routine for them but the hands on stuff will be done by the maid.

So really depends on what your requirements are.

Can I check with those who had given birth at Mount e novena via csection?
Their package shows 3 days. . Does it mean 3d2n or 4d3n?

@oohlala, me not superwoman lah.. Juz have to manage it..time management & multitask... I believe every1 can do it, whether u stretched it or not.. In the past, where maid is not a 'luxury' parent also take care of their own kids themselves and doing chores, and work too... Just that I've to close an eye, no perfection like in the past that everything must be really extreme clean, at least not layers of dust... I believe all women can do without a maid...maid to me is consider a 'luxury'.. Jia you to all mummies with twinnies or more...

join this FB group- SG Parents of Twins And Triplets... U can learn a lot from some parents tt have no helper at all, some even with 4 kids with no helper...

Dear mummies.

Just wondering if your twins are born sl smaller ard 37wks, r u all comfortable celebrating full month?

Or U'll rather wait till later when e babies are bout 2-3mths, better head/neck control n stronger immune system?

Because my concern is tt, when u plan for e full mth celebration, many guests will come n ask to carry e babies. You can't really refuse.... I'm in a dilemma.... So just wanted to seek some advice here. Tks!

I hv no issue with e full mth celebration. I even had it earlier, when they are about 3 weeks old as we want to hv it on weekend and e weekend when they are full month is a long weekend. For my case, none of the guest carry the babies and they spent the day sleeping in stroller.

Ellesie, tt's gd for u.
For my case, I totally can foresee ppl taking turns to carry e twins....
It already happened when I was still in e hospital.
Stress....

Ellesie, tt's gd for u.
For my case, I totally can foresee ppl taking turns to carry e twins....
It already happened when I was still in e hospital.
Stress....
I also had my full month celebration. My twins are born at 37 weeks at 2.5kg. But because of gastroentological issues, one of them stayed in special care for 2.5weeks. But I still had my full month as usual. Even brought them for newborn photoshoot the weekend at 3weeks.i guess it depends on whether they are healthy and doing well. If they are, having a 1 month should be ok. If you are concerned, you have have your celebration at 100 days.

@tildateo i had a mini family dinner/celebration only..and the twins slept in stroller thruout too, they were not carried in anyways..agree with oohlahlah can hv the celebration on their 100th day milestone

@Lambi
Hi Lambi, nice to meet you.
Can you share your total bill in NUH? (Including ward fees, c-sec doc charges and NICU charges)
I'm expecting with twins too, and currently at 21 weeks. My gynae is from MountE.
He advised me to give birth in a govt hospital if babies are premature.
Mind to share your experiences?:)

Hi all. Im currently at week 35. I have a scheduled c sec at week 37. I bought an abdominal binder but not sure when to start wearing it and need to wear for how long.

@Lambi
Can you share your total bill in NUH? (Including ward fees, c-sec doc charges and NICU charges)
I'm expecting with twins too, and currently at 21 weeks. My gynae is from MountE.
Hi! Congrats and welcome to the twins club! :) sorry just saw ur msg.. Am so busy and occupied with my 2mths+ bbs that i hardly any time to come here these days.

Hmm..for the costs i cannot remember off hand now..i would need to dig up my files and receipts..let u know again ok?

As for experiences i was downgraded to class c, that is the cheapest and actually class c is the same ward as class b as well just further down the corridor of ward 48, no aircon but still very cold and well ventilated. Just a tad noisy (depends on the neighbour bed) and not much privacy as it is open concept (with curtain for your own cubical that u can close) and when guests come ie. Ur hubby or mum and such, everybody around you can hear the conversations. But nobody including hubby is allowed to accompany to stay with u overnight. Oh and no tv lah. Anyways you will be busy catching up on sleep or just want to get your milk production coming in..far to busy to watch tv de so class c is the best to get if *touchwood* your bbs need nicu. Service is not too bad! Nurses mostly are attentive and helpful and well there are also a team of doctors headed by a professor making their rounds everyday except sat sun no professor lah..but else they will check on you and ask you questions that u doubt etc. Oh and there was some lactation consultants comin around helping u on breastfeeding and your doubts on it too..one even helped me and showed me a blur first timer how to hand express and check for lumps etc..cos nuh is a very pro breastfeeding hospital. There is a breastfeeding room where u will be shown how to use the breast pump machine there and pump there and steralize ur pumping parts etc..If in the event u want to pump and express milk to bring for your bbs in nicu. Thing not good is the food..far too salty..my fellow neighbours also commented the other time. But u can always ask ur family to bring food..And when u want to go see your bbs in nicu, they will arrange a porter to bring you in a wheelchair there..no need u to walk there yourself as nuh is pretty big.

So all in all i was pretty happy with my choice of hospital though it is pretty far from my mum place in tampines and well it is a tad ex than kk and sgh..but i suppose u pay a bit more for their services..it is after all not a totally gov hospital..it is a restructed hospital..meaning semi pte still

@Lambi

Hi Lambi, which class ward were you at before you downgrade to C class? Did you downgrade before or after delivery? Need to see medical social worker?

I'm asking as Dr said I may have to be warded early. Mine is twins as well. For myself, I have insurance plans to cover my stay in private ward but not the babies. So I'm worried about the NICU cost if babies are premature.

Hi all. Im currently at week 35. I have a scheduled c sec at week 37. I bought an abdominal binder but not sure when to start wearing it and need to wear for how long.
Immediately after the c section, The nurse/ doctor wrap the wound with a pressure binder. A day later, the pressure binder was removed and then they help me put on the abdominal binder that I bought.

2 months after delivery, I still have a bulging tummy. Anyone knows if it will go away?

Hi all, congrats to all mummies / mummies to be here... I'm also having twins in 2016 and currently looking for a CL... Can I know what's the current rate now? I was quoted $4500 and think it's quite ex... Thanks!

I engaged mine thru my aunt recommendations.... She is from Klang Malaysia... I would say she is good (from cooking to taking care if mummy and babies). Jus tat she is a it hard on hearing. Her price is $3800...

@Lambi

Note: all round off to nearest cents..
My 6days c-sect plus ward fees/everything for myself costs = $3609.20 and minus the gov subsidies i paid $1040 for myself
BBs NICU - Boy 15days =$16,492.68-gov subsidies= $4105 - insurance $3900 = $205
Girl 4daysNICU+3days nursery =$4102.05-gov subsidies= $1608 - insurance $600 = $1008
so bbs total paid was $1213 only :)

@Lambi

Hi Lambi, which class ward were you at before you downgrade to C class? Did you downgrade before or after delivery? Need to see medical social worker?

I'm asking as Dr said I may have to be warded early. Mine is twins as well. For myself, I have insurance plans to cover my stay in private ward but not the babies. So I'm worried about the NICU cost if babies are premature.

i was actually a pte patient meaning class A, i only downgraded before the delivery due to my doc signed on document that i needed to be downgraded so no need see medical social worker. I was warded early too, i was warded sat then early monday morning i gave birth already. Hmm..does it help to get insurances now? Do you hv any complications so far? how far along are you now?

My 6days c-sect plus ward fees/everything for myself costs = $3609.20 and minus the gov subsidies i paid $1040 for myself
Girl 4daysNICU+3days nursery =$4102.05-gov subsidies= $1608 - insurance $600 = $1008

Thanks a lot @Lambi
Your information is very useful to me. Btw, do I need to do any back up records at govt hospital now?
Walk-in patients can downgrade to class C?

i was actually a pte patient meaning class A, i only downgraded before the delivery due to my doc signed on document that i needed to be downgraded so no need see medical social worker. I was warded early too, i was warded sat then early monday morning i gave birth already. Hmm..does it help to get insurances now? Do you hv any complications so far? how far along are you now?

@Lambi
Hi Lambi,

Which Dr were you with at NUH? Did the same Dr do the delivery?

I'm week 19 now, no complications so far. I will be more at ease if Dr is willing to let me downgrade.

Did you see Dr for checks at Clinic G or their private suite. I'm still seeing the Dr at the subsidised G clinic twice a month. How often did you have to see Dr?

Thanks a lot @Lambi
Your information is very useful to me. Btw, do I need to do any back up records at govt hospital now?
Walk-in patients can downgrade to class C?
Now for gov hospitals they share case notes meaning information with your approval. You will need to sign on a form stating the info can be used across all gov hospitals..how i know was cos i signed one on my day of admission then after i gave birth i got appendix. got admitted to cgh then transferred to nuh and they hv access to the xray and scans i did in cgh in system.

For me i also walked in. Meaning i was considered a pte patient, but on the day of admission, state clearly to the nurse that you would like to choose c class ward (but u will not get to choose preferred doc) cos from there they will let you sign on admission forms..but then again..they will mostly sell you class A or B wards they will not show the class c prices if you dun insist on it..they will say oh..you will need to see medical social worker etc..cos i am not working..maybe also i didnt hv to see them.. But i must add that cos lucky that day they happened to gv class c bed..they hv not many class c beds that is also why..

@Lambi
Hi Lambi,

Which Dr were you with at NUH? Did the same Dr do the delivery?

I'm week 19 now, no complications so far. I will be more at ease if Dr is willing to let me downgrade.

Did you see Dr for checks at Clinic G or their private suite. I'm still seeing the Dr at the subsidised G clinic twice a month. How often did you have to see Dr?

I was with prof biswas an indian male doc..he specalizes in mutiples and high risk pregnancies. But unfortunately no not him deliver as i was downgraded to class c, one cannot choose doc so it was any head doc in the team on duty that day you give birth attend to u. The doc who helped delivered my bbs was claudia chi and she was good! She is a consultant and she was on duty that night i gave birth..btw, The bbs are following your ward class..if you are in class a, bbs also prices tag to class a type. But i tell you the nicu the same lor..no special wards de lah

I see the doc at the ruby/emerald clinic aka pte suite..something like you ard 2times a mth or so. Much more often nearer to edd day. Are u also with nuh now? As i said to peggy you can also do the same..upon admission, insist that u want class c due to the costs of nicu. I think they will not say no lah but it also depends if they hv beds that day u admit..

I was with prof biswas an indian male doc..he specalizes in mutiples and high risk pregnancies. But unfortunately no not him deliver as i was downgraded to class c, one cannot choose doc so it was any head doc in the team on duty that day you give birth attend to u. The doc who helped delivered my bbs was claudia chi and she was good! She is a consultant and she was on duty that night i gave birth..btw, The bbs are following your ward class..if you are in class a, bbs also prices tag to class a type. But i tell you the nicu the same lor..no special wards de lah

I see the doc at the ruby/emerald clinic aka pte suite..something like you ard 2times a mth or so. Much more often nearer to edd day. Are u also with nuh now? As i said to peggy you can also do the same..upon admission, insist that u want class c due to the costs of nicu. I think they will not say no lah but it also depends if they hv beds that day u admit..

@Lambi
Hi Lambi,

Yes I'm with NUH. I've seen Dr Claudia Chi during the consultation, she's good and patient.

I'm worried that I may go into labour while warding at Class A and they auto put me in A class. I would prefer to downgrade to Class C for labour and don't mind staying in Class C in consideration of the savings.

Thanks for taking time to clarify my many questions.

@Lambi
Hi Lambi,

Yes I'm with NUH. I've seen Dr Claudia Chi during the consultation, she's good and patient.

I'm worried that I may go into labour while warding at Class A and they auto put me in A class. I would prefer to downgrade to Class C for labour and don't mind staying in Class C in consideration of the savings.

Thanks for taking time to clarify my many questions.
Sometime in ur last trimester, u will be given a financial counciing and pre admission session. (For me i asked for an early one in my late 20+weeks then i went home with all the papers to think about it and work out my finances before i commit in my last trimester the 2days before giving birth.) There u will be given a choice on which class u want to be in(from experience they will sell u ward a or b rarely c unless u ask) u will be asked to sign on the form stating the class and your decision there and then..in the event of u if touchwood need to give birth prematurely then they will straight away ward u. So if u worried u may go into labour while warded, choose the class c upon this pre admission..cos from my experience, even if u warded on observation u will be well taken care of in class c: -) no problem!

Sometime in ur last trimester, u will be given a financial counciing and pre admission session. (For me i asked for an early one in my late 20+weeks then i went home with all the papers to think about it and work out my finances before i commit in my last trimester the 2days before giving birth.) There u will be given a choice on which class u want to be in(from experience they will sell u ward a or b rarely c unless u ask) u will be asked to sign on the form stating the class and your decision there and then..in the event of u if touchwood need to give birth prematurely then they will straight away ward u. So if u worried u may go into labour while warded, choose the class c upon this pre admission..cos from my experience, even if u warded on observation u will be well taken care of in class c: -) no problem!

@Lambi
Hi Lambi,

Thanks for the advice. If I have to stay a long period in the hospital before delivery, then maybe I'll choose Class A. I'm afraid of heat and needs aircon 24 hours. But if it's only for a few days then I'll just bear with it.

Based on your experience, what size of baby wear should we prepare for premature babies? I bought some onesies that measures from shoulder to bottom 36cm. Is it too big or small? How many pieces of baby wear should I prepare for twins?

I think I better start preparing now before Dr order bed rest. Haven't bought anything except a few onesies and bibs. They're just too cute to resist.

ward 48 class c beds are with individual ceiling fans plus aircon from the corridor as whole ward is airconditioned..i was skeptical at first too as i am one who is also very very afraid of heat de. i must hv aircon or fan direct me all the time :) as long u dont choose the bed by the window as there got west sun if u allocated then too bad..but then there is always b class wards they hv aircon too plus tv :)

Premature bbs i recommend those onesies from mothercare..choose 'tiny babies' dunno if u understand me or not --they hv a slot of cloth on the hand area so one can just fold up to make a build in mitten accomodate the hands. Dun even need to get mittens if u get these..but they are mostly sold out very fast..and .these i must add that is pretty ok warm for normal day wear but if bbs in aircon room most of time then ok another ones that u can consider are get online from carters, they hv very small cuttings gd for premies.. but anyway premature bbs in nicu will be all given the clothes there to wear first but upon discharge then u will need to get urs..prep say about 3-4 long sleeves onesies and say 3-4 pcs short sleeves for each twin just in case..i got just that amt cos i hv some preloved clothes given to me too. Get swaddling clothes as most bbs like to be swaddled to sleep..they sleep most of the time..

Hmm..hv u gotten the bb cots yet? Might be good to get also plus changing table, carseat/pram, swaddling clothes and burp/wash cloths. Those are a good start..oh and breast pump!

ward 48 class c beds are with individual ceiling fans plus aircon from the corridor as whole ward is airconditioned..i was skeptical at first too as i am one who is also very very afraid of heat de. i must hv aircon or fan direct me all the time :) as long u dont choose the bed by the window as there got west sun if u allocated then too bad..but then there is always b class wards they hv aircon too plus tv :)

Premature bbs i recommend those onesies from mothercare..choose 'tiny babies' dunno if u understand me or not --they hv a slot of cloth on the hand area so one can just fold up to make a build in mitten accomodate the hands. Dun even need to get mittens if u get these..but they are mostly sold out very fast..and .these i must add that is pretty ok warm for normal day wear but if bbs in aircon room most of time then ok another ones that u can consider are get online from carters, they hv very small cuttings gd for premies.. but anyway premature bbs in nicu will be all given the clothes there to wear first but upon discharge then u will need to get urs..prep say about 3-4 long sleeves onesies and say 3-4 pcs short sleeves for each twin just in case..i got just that amt cos i hv some preloved clothes given to me too. Get swaddling clothes as most bbs like to be swaddled to sleep..they sleep most of the time..

Hmm..hv u gotten the bb cots yet? Might be good to get also plus changing table, carseat/pram, swaddling clothes and burp/wash cloths. Those are a good start..oh and breast pump!

@Lambi
Hi Lambi,

Thanks for your advice. Will go mothercare to take a look. I haven't been out much due to my morning sickness. Yes, I'm still suffering from it.

For onesies other than long sleeve, do we need to get those with long pants that cover the feet too? For swaddling clothes, what do you recommend? How about mittens and booties, necessary? I'm such a clueless mom to be.

I've gotten just 1 cot for now. I read that some twins share the cot for first few months. Do I need to get 2 cots? But haven't bought mattress. Not sure which type of mattress to get. So many types. Rest still not bought yet. Do I need to prepare car seats and stroller before delivery? Any suggestions for twin stroller?

I better speed up getting the babies room ready. For breast pump I'm planning to get it closer to delivery as some warranty only 6 months. Thinking of Spectra 9+, not sure if it's good.

Twin breastfeeding pillow, good to get?

Last edited:
yup these onesies i mentioned that i bought are those with long sleeves and pants ..see attached pic..i find they are good in aircon rooms. Upon discharging, NUH gives goodie bag from POSB and in it they hv a set of mittens and booties i used that as well as the Sg 50 set of mittens and booties, else i got some from paragon a shop called first few years, some organic cotton brand 'under the nile' i like their mittens and booties, and their swaddle cloth of a thicker cotton type good size for small sized bb..my boy was 2kg when he came home and we can use that for some time..up till now can use as additional blanket in cot under another duvet..a tad ex though u might want to go take a look first..paragon has both mothercare and this shop..my mum also got some sets from the nearby market.. actually i find booties can get lesser if you get the long pants onesies as feet will be covered..else u can always get socks and mittens are to prevent them from scratching their faces.

swaddling clothes i got muslin cloths anis and aden brand (can get from mothercare too)-box of 3 in 1- i find good for sg weather..those fleece ones are too warm in sg i personally think.

yes i also got only one travel cot cum changing station initially as both shared, then we progressed to getting 2, then as for mattress, my hubby got a foam one 10cm in thickness. For car seats if your family member ie hubby drives, it is better to invest in them. Cos i think safety of bbs comes first..i got a Maxi cosi pebble car seat which is very good can double up as an airplane approved seat in plane if you are thinking of travelling in near future and also can use as part of it on the bugaboo donkey stroller. I got both a bugaboo donkey as well as a graco spazco twin stroller. This bugaboo donkey is really sturdy but then i find it can be a tad warm for sg weather though..but it's base can be interchangable to accommodate the maxi cosi car seats, you can google 'bugaboo donkey twin' and see pictures..it can also be converted to one stroller and a side basket should u want to bring one out to get groceries :)

hmm for the breast pump i got spectra s1 which works for me :) it has all the functions of other big brands but cost fraction of their prices. Can get now already cos the warranty only starts on the day u give birth. I got from the bb fair last year from that shop bling bling or something..cost like around $300

breastfeeding pillow i didnt bother .. i got some similar rectangular pillows from ntuc and ikea they works fine as well

Attachments

• onesies.jpg
    onesies.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

wa.. the price is really very cheap!
but i prefer my partner to spend the nights with me, so most likely A class only right?

btw which maternity insurance you bought? after comparing, i'm consider AXA

Back