MMI Kee Sun

p_charu12

Hi Mummys,

My three year old goes to MMI Kee Sun. We had a rocky start last year, when she was in N1 and I thought the issues had been ironed out before school resumed for 2012. She is in N2 now and I have had some very disappointing experiences with the school regarding things like the class teacher and hygiene.

Any other mums out there who have any feedback regarding this. Also any suggestions about other good montessori's? We stay at Tanah Merah.

I have a friend whose gal goes to MMI Bedok reservoir. She started this year as she just shifted to bedok. Before that she was at MMI Sengkang.
So far my friend said she's satisfied with the centre.
Perhaps u can check out the bedok reservoir centre?

I did go to the Bedok one but decided against it as its not a dedicated montessori centre. The Kee Sun one however is a dedicated montessori. Thought I did not want to put my daughter into a child care kind of set up as I was told the kids tend to fall ill quite easily. I'm wondering if I made the wrong decision.

Spoke to a few parents of my daughters class and they seem to be having the same issues as me. Don't however know if I should move her to another place. Also admission wont be easy as the term is in session.

oh u mean MMI Kee Sun is not a childcare? So it's like a kindergarten setup type of school i.e. 3 hours only?

my gal (she's also a 2008 kid) was in MMI Sengkang for 1yrs 3 mths.
Starting this year she's a in a kindergarten. Main reason I pulled her out of MMI is coz of the costs.

It's not 100% true to say all childcare kids fally sick easily. My gal did get sick quite frequent (1-2times per mth) in the 1st few mths. But after that she was fine. I guess her immune system got used to the environment there.
It's common thing all kids need to face. Their immune system need to get use to the new environment. When my gal started at this kindergarten in this Jan, she also fell ill just after 1+ week!

So if i am you, if cost is no issue, I would choose a school which i'm comfortable with, putting aside whether it's a childcare or not.

Yep its a kindergarten.

Thanks Mulberry. I was soooo confused, what with all the choices available and sadly, I still am. Im looking into other schools, where she can continue primary education. Not fair to pull her out and expecting her to settle in a new environment every couple years.

Where does your kiddo go to now?

i sent my child to MMI at jurong west. for several times, my child passed urine and got wet from underwear to the socks, no teachers changed the cloth for them. the so-called "communication note"book, forever, the same notes for each child. not really as good as the adv.

@charu - i am looking for a play school for my son who will be 18m in Oct 2013. Looks like all schools are full for this & next year! Surprisingly when I had called the some of the child care/ play school to register under the toddler programme almost all refused saying that it's too early! And now it's too late. I am really worried. Planning to go to MMI Sengkang too asap. Any feedback on MMI & the approach i should take will be helpful. Also can anyone share when does the session begin?

Back