MMI @ katong shopping centre

ykkk
i've been there before. small compound. quite ok but very constrained for activities. n find their class size quite big.
yes... they hv webcam.
u r working around that area?

small bell/bbethan
yup i just called them up.
from their website, there's a link to "live viewing" which parents will be issused Userid and password to login to view.
Teacher student ratio is 1:5.
No i dun work there, but i will pass by suntec every morning to go work, so i can drop my boy off in the morning.

ykkk
i visited brightstar last time, find that its more ideal for parents working at suntec area.
cherie hearts has webcam too.

smallbell
yes i would say spring & autum is the best time. can do more things & activities. try not to go during summer as its very hot & plenty of irritating flies around. we like winter too but day time is short & sometimes its rainy. so far all my trips are during winter & i'm lucky that usually only rain for that 1 day throughout my stay there.

ykkk
oh is it? the other time when i enquired, they hv more than 15 in the class. not too sure which other cc.. that's the 1st and only one i've came across to hv webcam.

hi ykkk,
if your boy at suntec, you could see him during lunch time.
happy.gif

hi jamie,
oic. hope your july trip will not rain at all. Is this your boy's first time there?

hi ladies

ya thread is super quiet ....
my perth trip has been postpone to oct coz hubby last min cant get leave in july so i'm busy planning a short getaway to langkawi
biggrin.gif

nuahcouple
hows baby? confinement over liao? it must be tough for u as the weather is so terrible these days. arent u glad is over??
biggrin.gif

hi everybody....
i nv been to langkawi.... do feedback on e place whether is kids friendly or not...
i will not be going anywhere this june holidays too....
sad.gif

smallbell
this is my 2nd time there. we took malaysia airlines last time, will be taking the same for our upcoming trip. budget airline timing nt so good although its direct flight.

elaine
my last trip i stayed at the meritus pelangi, its kids friendly. nice resort with beautiful pool. most resort hv kiddies club & facilities so its very kids friendly.
this time i will be staying at the berjaya, hv initially booked sheration but berjaya seems to hv more reviews than sheration so decide to check it out. will feedback when i'm back
happy.gif

hi elaine,
how are you? only seen your pics at FB but no chance to chat with you.

hi jamie,
i went to langkawi many years ago. Seems like a nice place for children, will visit in future.
happy.gif

smallbell
yes langkawi is a nice place for short getaway. i didnt explore much during my last trip, mainly just stay in the resort, just & relax, its prety self contain.

smallbell
oh langkawi is definitely not a good place to shop except chocolates & liquor haha... so its very ideal for rest & relaz, massage & appreciate what the nature has to offer.

hi jamie n smallbell,
thanks for e nice feedback... if not my trip with always be genting n malacca... so bored n long journey there... at least langkawi can take direct flight...
smallbell,
ya... long time nv really chat with u here liao... only regular in FB but cant post much things there tooo... :p so how's patrick?? n patrina?

hi jamie,
oh yes, massage as well. Would you still be going out of the hotel for sightseeing?

Hi elaine,
now mmi has chinese enrichment twice a week, drilling of 1500 chinese words in 5 mths. Very stressful as i got to do home practice with him daily.

hi smallbell,
tat's very good... cos nowadays their chinese really not very good... good to start early... but to do home practice everyday is no joke....

hi jamie,
now i feel like going langkawi immediately...heehee

hi elaine,
really tough to do home practice as sometimes he will be too tired to even bring out his books for revision.
sad.gif

hahaha....you can start planning for langkawi year end trip.

hi smallbell,
ai yo... can ask e teacher in e CC to help out to do some revision with him during their free time cos by e time he reach home he will be so tired liao... n u r tired too...

hi elaine,
the chinese teacher very kiasu, in school also do revision daily during free time. But wants to make sure we really drill into the kids memory, so must do home practice. Hope will really improve the chinese standard. Now already K1, i am going to start with PV work liao.

smallbell
this trip we will be going for the cable car ride to enjoy the view & the rainforest walk. think shd be enough lah, will be back again next time to contd the rest of sightseeing haha...

i agree with elaine, think chinese nowadays seems difficult, hv to start early. i just attended chloe's parent teaching meeting & was told her chinese really sucks!! its really high time to drill some chinese in her before its too late!

elaine
u should consider langkawi, otherwise like u said its always genting. i also quite last min then book. hv to do research on hotels but its abit pricey now coz its school holidays. otherwise its really affordable & good short getaway during off peak season.

hi jamie,
there is cable car ride at langkawi??? wow!

could be quite hard to drill in chinese even in mandarin speaking environment as chinese wording quite difficult to comprehend. I tried the tien hsia enrichment school, quite fun as they have singing and acting out during lesson and free trial given. You may like to try out.

smallbell
yup, the cable car ride is a "must do thing" in langkawi. most said the view is magnificent.

i think only tien hsia & berries are the reputable good ones for chinese enrichment. but hubby feels its still early to let chloe take enrichment
sad.gif

i feel its important to cultivate her interest now haiz....

hi smallbell,
wow... e chinese teacher really good hur... want to make sure they really learn...

jamie,
still got cable car... i shall plan a trip n then ask u n smallbell more abt where to play wat...
happy.gif

hi jamie,
yes berries also a popular school. It is better to start early. I saw the nursery class at tien hsia, they don't have any tables or chairs, mostly games, singing. Should be more fun for the kids.

You may like to try out one lesson free trial as they don't charge you unless you sign up a term then the free trial is considered 1st lesson.

Hi elaine,
when are you going for holiday? anymore genting trip? i miss the genting weather especially when here so hot now.

re berries & tien hsia
heard abt these 2 popular chinese class. do u know what r the diff btw the 2? my boy cannot speak chinese leh though he understands. he sounds like ang mo trying to speak chinese... haha

re holiday
how i wish i can contribute. it's been donkey years since i last travelled. I really miss those days n hope can go for one very soon

hi babyethan,
i have not tried berries yet so can't comment. I choose tien hsia as near my house. Oh same, my boy also speak with ang mo sound last time.

smallbell, bbethan
same same here, chloe also speaks with ang mo accent
biggrin.gif

smallbell
ya i think shall go for trial. sounds fun with games & singing.

bbethan
i know what u mean, everything comes to a stop once we hv kids. maybe u can plan for a short getaway for a start. its tough initially to bring 2 young kids out but it will gradually improve over time. choose places where its kids friendly.

smallbell
tien hsia nearest is at parkway, berries will be at mountbatten community club. yu quan is the nearest, 2mins walk fr my place. but i hv yet to enquire fr these schools.

yeah...celebration tomolo
happy.gif

my gal has been attending berries in Tampines and will be transferring to Mountbatten branch in July. Berries is really good..worth the $$$. My gal can recognise words and speak more chinese now
happy.gif

hi nuahcouple,
check with you, any homework for berries? tien hsia no homework, will provide small cards of the words taught during the lesson and worksheet. End of the term they have review performance by students to show the parents.

Back