MMI @ katong shopping centre

elaine
no wonder didnt hear fr u. actually the $625 was what u told me leh, i hv not checked with the school regarding the fees keke...

i'm sure your boy will be fine after this week. i know the transition period is really a pain to go thru. my turn will come soon ... think my girl will be worse coz she's very sticky to me.

yeah my girl seems to enjoy the class except for the story telling, dont hv the patience to sit thru. a pity cant meet up in class with u & your boy, but they are going to be classmates soon lah
biggrin.gif

Hi Jamie,
would you be waiting at the school when your girl goes to school halfday or need to return home?

Hi elaine,
just bear awhile, he will be crying and refuse to go to school. But this period should pass after sometime. When he has friends in school, he can't wait to go school.

Oh yes, Patrick is my son. And you have good memory. Think he's the only one there on saturday. Normally teacher will let him play, do some art & craft on sat.

It's a pity that we all cannot meet up at the school. Some cc have parents and teachers meet up session but this school only has quarterly individual meet teacher session.

oh.... Patrick is really ur son... he's a good boy there.... sometimes Teacher May will let him join us with e mother n toddler class tat's y i got great impression on him.
yesterday ur mum or mil went to pick Patrick isit?? cos when i reach there 1 of e teacher n a grandmum is talking to my boy telling him tat i'll be there to pick him n ask him not to cry.... then tat grandmum actually ask Patrick to call her but i didnt hear careful wat Patrick address her.... anyway if she is really ur mum or mil please help me thanks her for coaxing my son
happy.gif

small bell
most likely i will wait for her till school ends. but will see how it goes, i will be bored coz there isnt much for me to do there while waiting.

jamie....
hope to see ur girl joining Zhaohui's class soon...

small bell,
u were saying MMI katong just started not long ago isit?? since u say Patrick is e pioneer batch tat means they are there for only 3years??

jamie...

sorry after giving birth to 2 children my memory was very very bad.... cant even remember i tell u abt e half day program price...

its ok, elaine. u are not alone, my memory is failing me too. thats y i always forget to ask abt their fees when i'm there

Hi elaine,
thanks. It's my mom who will pick him up. She said she recall the other day asking your son not to cry. I will ask her to look out for your boy Zhaohui.

Sometimes i pick Patrick up, when the younger kids saw me, they started crying. I got a shock initially and teacher told me that they miss their parents and really wish to go home.

So Patrick is already with the mother n toddler class. But i can't make it as got to work on sat. Oh ya, MMI started only in 2007 around Jan. So far only had 2 year end graduation concert. Teacher Mei started with very few students and teachers as heard from her that some parents don't like the location, as the 1st level had those billard arcard and games centre, quite a bad influence for small kids.

Hi Jamie,
will be too far for you to walk to parkway for shopping. If not you can go back first then return to pick her.

small bell
actually not very far to walk to parkway. if i'm not driving, we still walk there after class. cut thru roxy sq, seems nearer, otherwise the weather can kill!! we always walk to parkway after her playgym at JWT. but everyday parkway also sianz haha...

i didnt know MMI katong is so new. i agree the complex is not very ideal. infact its not my 1st choice but changed my mind after i visited the centre as its very clean which i feel good. most impt i feel comfortable with the teachers & environment. i was also considering Shaws which is a few mins away but due to the ongoing construction, i chose MMI.

Hi jamie,
that's true, parkway can be boring if you go everyday. How's JWT gym?

My first choice was Shaws but the fees are too high. Another childcare center is at Marshall road, in a bungalow house. A street away from Katong Shopping. The fees are cheaper, just that it is not montessori.

parkway not consider very far after walking everyday... heeheee cos everyday i also need to carry Zhaohui all e way to parkway there to take bus home cos over there we have 2 buses tat go all e way to my place, if we take but opp katong shopping centre then we have to change another bus at circuit road to reach my place.....
now i'm just waiting for my husband to change job then see whether his next job requires him to drive or not .... if dont need then i can drive to work n fetch Zhaohui next time... dont need to carry him till bus stop then back home.... now only 4 days i already cannot tahan.

i never think of e bad influence of e billard arcade and games centre there cos we are e ones who fetch our children.... they will not have a chance to go in e centre if we never bring them into it... moreover our kids might be too young to turn into those places.....
something that puzzle me recently is...... i saw some sexy woman "hiding" in a "shop" directly under e staircase tat we use to get into Katong SC e one leading to Annexe lift..... how come got shop under e staircase?? seems so dark n scary.... anyone of u notice tat??

smallbell,
something tat puzzle me n hubby..... y do ur hubby need to drive Patrick all e way up to e centre via e carpark?? cos after only a short 5mins park also must pay $1.00!!!!! although is more convenient but only e 1st 2 days we drove Zhaohui all e way there now hubby will park near e taxistand then i will send Zhaohui up myself...
they should have some grace period.... 10mins also better than nothing.....

Hi elaine,
Yup, i stay at the JWT gym area and also thinks that parkway is far...hehehe. where do you stay? how about taking the school bus? saw that MMI engage 2 different school bus, think it goes different places. But not sure about the pricing.

My lazy hubby, cannot walk. Actually the car park is "grace period". As long as you don't stay too long, there is no charge. And take note that for fetching home, must be before 6pm and there will be no charge. Last time when i chit chat with the teachers, will extend beyond the 3 mins grace period, so now when i drive, i will quickly pick and go. The grace period is quite short, roughly only 3 mins.

But if to park at taxi stand, don't think can as there must be someone inside the car.

really? sexy woman? i never notice.

For rainy days, you can park at 3rd floor, then take the lift up to the 4th floor. Then will not get wet.

This shopping mall structure is terrible lousy. When i push stroller, i could not find the way up, had to carry up a flight of stair case. There is another way, to push the stoller down a shorter flight of steps to the basement, the corner where the foodcourt is located. Then take the lift to the 1st level and walk across the maid agency shops and information counter. Then take the lift to the school. A very long winded way.

small bell
yeah, shaws fees are higher but i like their learn thru play concept.
my girl enjoys jwt playgym which i hv just stop, since she's attending the mother toddler class & soon on the half day session. she misses it though, so may put her back there again once she settles down.
gosh u stay ard jwt yet u still find parkway far? keke...

elaine
i agree, so used to walking to parkway that i dont find it far. y u need to carry zhaohui there? isit too tired for him to walk after school?

ohhhh.... so there is grace period of 3mins.... hahahaaaa then tomorrow i shall try n see how i can get in n out of e place within 3 mins....
mow we park after e taxistand nearer to e staircase but hubby is inside looking after e car cos there is a signboard there "WHEELCLAMP" zone... hahaaaaa sekali later want to save $1 ended up paying $100 to remove e clamp :p
i'm staying in ubi. i know abt e sch bus service but dont want my boy to take sch bus tat's y we never call up to ask e price.
when i go to e mother n toddler class i usually park at level 3 beside e old old car which is forever there.

thanks small bell,
i've made it to get out of e carpark before e grace period ends this morning
happy.gif
Hubby was glad tat we can drive all e way up from today onwards.

Zhaohui crying decrease a lot liao.... although still crying when i send him there n past to teacher but i'm really glad he is starting to understand no matter how he cries he will still need to go to school. I'm also very happy tat e teacher bother to coax him when he cries especially for e last 2 days when i go fetch him 1 of e CL new teacher was actually carrying Zhaohui to look outside e window to wait for me so tat he will not cry.... she is really patient to do that.

elaine
wow u made it! will get hubby to try that too if it rains in future keke....

glad to know zhaohui is slowly adapting well & the teachers there are really patient with our kids. gosh, my turn is next .... i really dont want to think abt it man!

Hi jamie,
MMI doesn't have much gym during school hours. Last time they mention about starting a swimming lesson and computer lesson. And parents have to do a survey to see who is interested but maybe not much response. Then now they got the O'helen grady drama class and therefore an excuse to increase the school fees.

Think they put 3 mins so that people will not stay long and they want to earn the money.

Hi elaine,
yup, notice the old car, very "eerie" looking. Wonder why they don't remove it. And now the youngsters stick papers and drew on the car. No problem, just drive up to the top. In fact, the school bus also drop the kids on the top level. Not sure if you know that our children do have outdoor play at the carpark area. Last time teacher Mei assure us that the area will be block out for their security.

I asked Patrick if he knows Zhaohui, he says he is very cute. I remind him to ask Zhaohui not to cry the next time he see him cry.

smallbell
they hv moved the "indoor" playgrd to outdoor carpark area? last time Mei did mention that they are looking to hv a outdoor play area.

hows the drama class?

hi small bell,
e eerie looking car is not there anymore
happy.gif

i didnt know tat sometimes they use e carpark as outdoor play area but as long as our kids are safe playing there then i dont mind.
Thank you for asking Patrick to look after Zhaohui
happy.gif

i didnt know abt e drama class too... is it for older children??

Hi jamie,
they still have the indoor play area, with the slides, ride on cars, etc. But the carpark area is use when the weather is good. Maybe is for those water play games.

Drama class i have never seen how they conduct. But regularly they will give a feedback on the parent's communication book, informing us of the child's progress. Should be ok, i think.

Hi elaine,
oh good, they remove the car.

I thought the drama class is for all students. Last year they started the program.

smallbell
gd to hear they hv a outdoor play area. i agree, think the outdoor area is more for water & sand play.

Hi jamie,
does half day school provide lunch, snacks or the shower time? what time it ends?

I heard that at other cc, can choose either the morning half or afternoon half. Not sure if MMI allows this. Choosing is because some kids need to sleep in the morning or some kids need afternoon nap.

smallbell
half day does provide snacks but no lunch & shower. it ends at 12.30pm.
i chose the morning session coz my girl usually naps ard 1pm & i can also plan other activities for her for the rest of the day.

hi jamie....
half day dont have much meh?? cos from my timetable their lunch is from 11.30 to 12.15pm then got 1 more activity from 12.15 to 12.30pm then dismissal for half day student then shower for full day student.......

smallbell,
MMI can choose morn half or afternoon half n e sch fees are different, afternoon half cheaper
happy.gif

Hi jamie and elaine,
i also thought lunch serve at 11.30am. If half day school don't have lunch, then wouldn't the school fees be very ex. It is already more than half price of full day pricing.

Both of you have 2 kids? how old?

hi smallbell,
ya i have 2 kids, Zhaohui is 28mths and e younger girl,Sizhen is 7mths now.
Jamie children is ard my children age too...
happy.gif

how abt u??

elaine, smallbell
i didnt know half day includes lunch, thot only snacks. coz i feel if includes lunch, then actual time for lesson is shorter? i will check out their timetable next sat then.

yeah, my 2 kids age is quite close to elaine. my girl chloe will be 2.5yrs in mar & my boy bryan is 10mths.

Hi Elaine and Jamie,
Gd Morning. Oh good age gap for your kids. I only have one child. Might be trying for another child.

Not sure if MMI give sibling discount for your 2nd child.

maybe can give discount.... ask Rin when our second one is ready for school.... i might placed my 2nd one in 2010.... which is next yr then i can go without a maid but she will only be 19mths in jan 2010...............

elaine
so fast u intend to put your girl? i think they take in fr 18mths onwards. if i do go back to work, i may put both of my kids full day there. but i bu ser de leh, sure miss them at work.

Hi elaine,
19 mths is ok. I started Patrick at 18mths when i return to work. I was also a sahm.

Hi jamie,
who takes care of your kids now? will have the bu ser de initially but that phase should pass.

smallbell
my mum is helping me now since we stay 1 blk away. when i'm preggy with my girl, i already started working part time half day, till i hv my boy then resign. so i do spend alot of my time my kids. anyway i still enjoy being a sahm now keke...

hi jamie,
oh that's good. Extra help is very useful when kids are at their early days. I am the opposite, i cannot stand sahm life, find it so boring and routine.

One complain about MMI is the ex uniform. Lucky found source of mummies selling over forum and bought old ones.

smallbell
how much is one set? think they also got exercise attire? i did come across ppl selling at the WTS section.

Hi jamie,
at $20 per set. Yes, also need to get the exercise attire, think also same pricing. And kids outgrow quite quickly. For uniform set, girls and boys different so your younger one might need to get new ones.

jamie....
i really "bei fu" all sahm cos i cant be a sahm too... i will go crazy :p
anyway if Zhaohui proves to us (me n hubby) tat he really learns a lot at MMI then we will consider to put our girl in early then we wont have a maid.... so far my maid is quite good towards e kids n like wat u mention 19mths like very young to put her into fullday CC so i only can wait till nov then decide cos my maid passport expires dec tis yr so if dont need her anymore then we wont renew her passport.

smallbell Zhaohui start playgroup when he is 18mths too although is only 2hrs daily but he was sick for e 1st 6mths.... we really spent so so much bringing him see PD, tat's y hubby is quite worried if we let Sizhen start mmi in jan 2010 then if she fall sick who will look after her at home cos i'll be working too then no maid liao........

Hi jamie,
maybe you can try out to see if the set is sufficient as your gal is half day. Don't think she needs the PE attire one. The other set is only for after shower than wear.

Hi elaine,
Oh dear, Zhaohui sick for so long. Then would be safer to keep your maid a little longer, until the transition period is over.

elaine
i agree with smallbell, u might want to consider keeping your maid till the transition period is over. this is one of my main concern too, if put our child too early in cc, will fall sick easily. but in a way will build up their immune system?

Hi jamie,
but i have heard of some kids who take as long as a year to build up immune system, will fall sick on and off for a long time, so parents got to suffer.

Hi jamie,
around 2-3 times, so far that i recall they been to changi airport, pasir ris kids kampong, Jacob Ballas Botanic Garden. Parents can pay additional to join the excursion but so far i have not been to any of the trips.

Back