Milk bottles ! ! ! ! !

Maddy's Mum
Dr Brown doesnt seem to be recommended by Mrs Wong BB from TMC. but I didnt realise it has an anti-colic function
happy.gif

SharonBB
glass bottles can be sterilised with steriliser. Even boiled in boiling water (old style) as glass is inert compared with polymer plastics. Hence the BPA issues. Hope this helps

mummyfang,
i'm using bottles that are not BPA free. Last time before Pigeon carrys the new product of BPA free bottles if any customer ask they only advise customers to replace their bottles once they're 6mths old or with many scratches. So i will replace them as and when needed else use glass bottles lor, confirm no BPA one

Hi!

I am curently using Bfree bottles. Used to use Avent, but recently even new avent bottles leak, and not BPA Free, so switched to Bfree.

If you want to know if bottles are BPA free, check if bottles are made of Polycarbonate (PC) or Polypropylene (PP). Avoid PC bottles as it contains BPA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A

Dear Sharon BB.

glass bottles do not contain BPA. It is only plastic bottles (Made of Polycarbonate) that have BPA.

In fact, glass bottles are the best container to store Breast milk.

Hi! All,

I got to know this website thru Googles and excited to share some. I'm fr Penang,Malaysia. I got to know BPA free bottles about 2 weeks back.
Previously my 2 years old boy used Avent and now I changed to "Music" PES milk bottles.It's come with different design and wide or small neck available too. You may log in to www.musicbaby.com.tw for viewing. Anyone is interested, pls let me know, I can help to buy. For wide neck it only cost RM32.90-39.90 and small neck only cost RM22.90-25.90.Beside, glass bottles available too and it only cost RM13.90-14.90.

It's quite cheap to convert to Sin dollar, just need extra charges for courier.

It's really save if it's PES plastic.

Hi dear all I ve call Pigeon, its manager told me that the breastfeeding bottle is PP bottle so it's BPA free
happy.gif

As for the wide neck bottle its not BPA free.

Mummyfang
Thanks for the info now I feel safer that the storage pigeon is BPA free, I was about to put them back in the shelf...

I'm using glass bottle, and so far has broken 2 of my pigeon glass. I am thinking to buy more evenflo as it is BPA free, plastic, and affordable..

mommies,

does NUK have BPA free bottles? Where to get? & how much?

VeRoN,

Me too,
i have been reusing the plastic milk bottles to store BM & feed my BB.. Ops.

Hi sugarplum,

I guessed all glass bottles are BPA free bah...
I just bought a small NUK glass bottle at kiddy Palace, cost about $13+, the big one is $1 diff only.

I only used the plastic milk bottles to store BM, but nvr use it warm the milk & feed the BB, so u think still can be use?

Hi VeRoN,

Does the nuk glass bottles break easily? ie, once drop will break? I am going to buy some asap to feed my baby..

Any idea if NUK have plastic BPA free bottles?

Well, from what i read from the above posts by other mommies, i guess it is ok to use recycled plastic bottles to store BM, so long we dun use it to warm BM.

But one question though: we can still sterilise those plastic bottles, right? meaning, so long at the point of sterilising them, there's no bm inside?? do u get what I am trying to say?

thks

Hi Sugarplum,

If you are interested to purchase glass bottles, I have the 2 NUK glass bottles (240ml, I think) which I only used for a while...bought too many glass bottles now, and my gal has reduced her frequency of drinking milk. Also have 1 extra Evenflo glass bottle. Fyi, I have had no problems at all using the glass bottles

Can let it go at a good price, so you can PM me if you are interested
happy.gif

Hi Sugarplum,

Me also not too sure, coz nvr tried dropping on the floor...keke...

If not, u can try pigeon glass bottle, coz is cheaper.... think only 7.90

Think u don't buy too many at the time, coz when bb is older, they tend to hold the bottle themselves, so glass one will be too heavy for them to hold...
that's why i feel lah...

As for ur question, i suppose it shd be fine to sterilise it bah, coz i have been doing that...

If BPA free bottles, does it mean we do not have to change the milk bottles? If using not BPA free bottles then we have to keep changing every 6mths old? How about the milk bottles used for pumping breastmilk? Do they have to be BPA free too?

wow... din know for glass bottle is so ex... think i'm really blessed... i had collect alot of glass bottle from the hospital and had been using them to store my EBM... and my gal had been drink directly from the glass bottle (as I had alot... i think close to 50 bottle..... so i will be saving lot of $$...

Hi mummies,

I just started using pigeon PPSU bottles. How frequent shld I change to new bottles since PPSU bottles are BPA free.

I also realised that my gal's upper lips is touching bottom of her nose while drinking, worried that in long term her nose will be tilted (like pig nose)
sad.gif

Hi everyone,

I saw Avent BPA free bottles in Malaysian website at thelilcaliph.com. I bought 3 bottles each about $30 and shipping only $10!

Just a little comment. I bought an everflo brand glass bottle which claimed to be unbreakable.
I bought it during the motherhood fair and last week my bb accidentally knocked the bottle and it fell from the living room table. Surprisingly, it broke. Fortunately no one get hurt.

Hi all,

Can I ask if BAP free plastic bottles still must be changed regularly?
I just bought bfree cause can fit the avent teats i have. But if still must change then I will buy the glass bottles.

Hi.. if you are getting BPA free PP (polypropylene) type of plastic bottles, it will turn yellowish after sometime (3~6 mths) due to frequent sterilization. Although yellowish bottle is not harmful but I think it is good to change to new bottle after sometime.

The BPA free bottle should also have EN14350 certification (its a European standard for baby products).

does it mean that if it's glass bottle it's BPA free..cos for nuk bottle didn't see the word BPA free..

heard Dr Brown is good too is it true?

Hi st,

for BPA problem only pertaining to plastic bottles.

Not too sure about Mr Brown. I am currently using Bfree. Many parts to wash but so far so good.

sarahteddy

oic thanks but that doesn't mean if the teats of the glass bottle is BPA free right?

Hi st,

not too sure about teats. But we are supposed to change the teats every 3 to 4 months. Even BPA free bottles which are subjected to wear and tear also need to change. It is just that it does not release harmful chemicals that may cause cancer.

My elder gal and his little bro have their own bottles. Not good to let little bro to use his elder sis' bottle.

I'm very confused now...

BPA will leak from PC (Polycarbonate) plastic at high temperature right? As per Mancini's post.

PP (Polypropylene) is another type of plastic which they claim are BPA free right? Thats why Pigeon came up with the PPSU (Yellow-tinged)bottles?

So fundamentally, we still need to change PC/PP bottles due to wear and tear. Because these Plastic bottles will turn cloudy after few months.

Do Glass Bottles turn cloudy between 6mths to 1year of use?

Yes, according to report, BPA will migrate from PC bottle at high temperature.

For Pigeon PPSU bottle, it is not made from PP material. Its another type of plastic material called Polyphenysulfone, which manufacturer claimed it does not contain any BPA chemical.

Glass bottle is very stable and will not turn cloudy after 6 to 1 yr use. It should be the best material for baby bottle. But its heavy and breakable.

Hi all dear mommies...

I m a very confuse MTB, EDD 020209...

Till now, i've not get the milk bottles, teats, sterilizer, pump etc..

Which brand of milk bottles, teats, sterilizer should i get? Electric or manual pump? single or dual?.. so confusing ..

Any advise.. appreciate
happy.gif

hi leomont, for sterilizer, i use pigeon, the one that can sterilise 6 bottles at a time..it fits all kinds of bottles too so i found that useful

for pump, suggest investing in a dual pump - really cuts the pump time by half

as for bottles, no comments now becasue i am also confuse by all the bpa chemical. hope this helps

Hi LeMonT,

initially for my 1st child, I used Avent for bottles, but the quality has dropped, and it is not BPA free, so I am using Bfree for my 2 kids.

I got Nuk Sterilizer as it is cheap and good, less than Hundred buck, and my Confinement lady liked it so much that she bought 1 for her daughter who gave birth recently.

I bought Medela Pump-in-style as it is a dual electric pump. Very useful if plans to breastfeed even going back to work. Managed to give breastmilk to my gal for almost a year. Also good to stimulate milk supply.

ruiqi
Hi, thkq for ur info
happy.gif
. r u referring to the Pigeon Rapid Steam Sterilizer?

Sarahteddy
Hi, thkq for ur info too
happy.gif
. Which brand of BPA free btls r u using now? can any brand of btls be sterilised using NUK sterilizer? or only NUK's btls?

r u referring to Medela's new stimulator dual pump?

Hi LeMonT,

The bottle that I am using now is BFree. The sterilizer can sterilize any brand of bottles, as long as it can fit in. So far, no problem sterilizing Avent, BFree.

As for the pump, got new one meh? Thought they either have Pump-in-Style or PIS Traveller. Mine is the older version but still got the initial stimulation where it will pump fast for about 2 minutes before it pumps at regular pace.

hi, have anyone try tommee tippe bottles fm Mothercare? Is it good, as compare to Pigeon and Avent?

hi ladies,

with all the bottle talk, could i ask what is the routine of steralising the bottles? Do you sterilise bottles daily that are unused?

do you use the chico rack to drip dry the bottles? if yes, wouldn't it require to be sterilise again?

when buy steriliser, does the pack comes w/ bottles? r they plastic or glass?

wat abt those pigeon new born starter kit? bottles in it plastic or glass?

n those bottles included in d breastpumps r plastic or glass?

is pigeon ppsu bottles = bpa free bottles?

r all bpa free bottles yellowish?

Nuk or Pigeon bpa free bottles r better?

do we need to chg bpa free bottles as frequent as we to chg normal non bpa free bottles?

Dear all,
I posted an article on my blog about the types of plastics used in Baby Bottles. Hope it helps.

Bascially three types of plastic materials. Polycarbonate types have BPA. Alternatives which are BPA free includes
(1) Polypropylene or Polypropene (PP) and
(2) Polyethersulfone (PES)

I'm trying to find out which alternative is better.

http://chewingonit.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/61/

Hi Sarahteddy,
May I know where you bought your Bfree bottles from? Kiddy Palace got? And are the teats normal teats? TIA.

Hi Joy ,

got it from Kiddy Palace. Teats are not made of the same materials as milk bottles, so the teats will not have BPA problem. LIkewise for pacifiers too.

Back