Milk bottles ! ! ! ! !

kovankitty

Hi,

Just enquiring how many of you use bisphenol A-free milk bottles for your bb? Seems that there are only a few brands in the market which sells such bottles and they are much more expensive. Is it really worth the money, in the sense that there's no need to change them compared to using normal milk bottles?

If it's really worth to get, which stores in Singapore sell them? Can the bottles fit most breast pumps too?

Piyo piyo has one such kind of bottle. Definitely v. ex. You can get them from Kiddy Palace. My mum said we all survived using the normal plastic bottles, so what's the big deal, right? Just make sure we rinse the bottle with boiled water below 50 deg celsius.

My MIL uses the old traditional method of sterilisation by boiling the bottles in a pot of water. So it's definitely more than 50DegC. I couldn't convince her to change her method, so trying to find other ways to mitigate the 'damage' like finding BPA free bottles.

The other alternative is stick to conventional bottles but gotta commit to replace them more frequently. But how frequent? Every 3 months?

i am using avent bottles and change them every 6mths. I use Pigeon sterilizer to sterilize them. hmm. so far so good.

I'm using the NUK glass bottles for the past few months after heard abt the chemical leak in those plastic bootles. It is ard S$14+ for a bigger bottle and this can be purchased at Robinson at Raffles Place. So far so good, drop once but didn't crack...

is there a need to change bottles every few months? As my Avent bottle use quite sometimes already. I only change teats every 3 months.

it is better to change the bottles every few months esp when you notice scratches and discolouration.

Heard Avent going to introduce their first BPA few bottles this summer

most of the bottle i use it to store my daily breastmilk. If keep changing it would cost a lot to me.........what is your suggestion?

I'm using NUK glass bottles to warm & feed EBM, but using plastic bottles to store in fridge. So each time I'll pour out the amt needed from the plastic bottles into the glass one and pop it into my pigeon bottle warmer before feeding my baby, glass bottles warm up milk faster also...

I just got Pigeon PES from Taka today - $18.90 each. Its BPA free, its kinda yellowish in color. Expensive compared to conventional feeding bottles, but after reading the BPA issue, i've decided to change all our Avent bottles to Pigeon PES just to be sure - kiasu you may say, but better safe than sorry, right?

btw, Avent magic cups are BPA free, so for older babies can use that instead. Also Avent VIA cups are BPA free - i still use those to store my EBM. Just the Avent feeding bottles are not BPA free.

Hello............

I also got the Pigeon bottles today as I was worried for my 3 mth old son whom I have been feeding with the traditional feeding bottles (Polycarbonate).

Not only that, as I am using the traditional method of boiling the watch, I was concerned about the leakage and decomposition of the BPA compound.

Although this Pigeon PES bottle is expensive, I hope it could reduce the harmful effects for our children.

hi mums,
i was using bfree for 6mths but am tired of washing them now. now i've switched to nuk glass. thank goodness he doesn't reject nuk teats.. :p

Jeelomeelo, i wanted to buy bfree bottles before, but then when i looked at the box, it does not state who the manufacturer is. there is no addess, no contact num, not even website where to check it. And it did not even state what country it was manufacturer. So it made me question the product if its worth to buy...so ive decided not to.

Ruiqi, bfree is difficult to wash cause it has those vent inside which you need to wash everytime. Its the same with Dr. Brown and BornFree bottles. I used to have Dr. Brown, but then after 2 days, i dont want to use anymore...troublesome to wash.

Then i end up buying Pigeon PES. =)

I just hope Pigeon updates their website to include Pigeon PES. Some of my friends question me if there BPA-free Pigeon bottles as they cant find in the site.

oic..tks for the clarification. thk i will buy pigeon PES bottles during the next change
happy.gif

Hi,

I have 4 BN Pigeon BPA-free wide-neck bottles (240ml) to sell off. Got them from Isetan 2 weeks back, but selling as I didn't realise they were wide-neck teats (daughter is on standard teats).

Interested mummies who want more details and pics can PM me, thanks.

Are the pigeon PES bottles yellowish in color and wide-necked ?

Hi Lillypie, could u show some pics of ur bottles ? Thanks

hi lillypie,

thanks for the photos - are they glass or plastic ? how much r u offering each for ? and are the teats S or M or L ?

I also wanted to ask this question too.

When u r boiling these BPA free bottles, how long should the bottles be heated for over a moderate heat ?

And if you change the pot of water twice in a day, is this fine ?

Bfree bottles have more parts to wash but they are good at relieving colic and stop leaking from bottle. I have changed all my avent bottles to Bfree as the new avent bottle has leaking problem, and not BPA free.

But what impressed me most is that the when the child drinks from Bfree bottle, the pressure is less than of other brand, making sucking more easy. My gal has been drinking more milk after we changed to Bfree. Hubby was surprised too. He now very pro-Bfree bottle, and intent to get one for the coming 2nd child.

Hi Sonia,

The bottles are made of PPSU plastic, the standard sizing of the teats in this model are Y cut. I'm offering each bottle @$15, but if the buyer takes all 4 bottles will let go for $55.

When first boiling the BPA-free bottles, will boil them using moderate heat for 5 minutes. I believe most baby accessories (eg. teats, bottles) can be subsequently boiled between 3 - 5 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Hi Sonia,

Have already sold off my bottles already. Fyi, the Y cut teats are non-drip teats, meaning that your baby has to have relatively strong sucking motion for the milk to flow. The other usual teats in S, M and L are just differentiated by the teat hole size, and the milk can drip out if bottle is held downwards.

hi lilypie,

wat the diff btw this pigeon PES bottle and the normal pigeon bottle other than the teat is non drip teat

hi anyone know where i can get pigeon PES bottles? And the Y cut teats - are they similar in hardness to avent teats?

theres a new brand, everflo at kiddypalace...cheap, only abt $10 or less for a plastic bottle, pba free. can try that.

hi blessedmum, not sure what PES stands for but Pigeon PES, which is the yellowish bottle shown in picture above is BPA free. That is the main difference between Pigeon PES and normal Pigeon bottles.

i just changed all my Avent to Pigeon PES btw..Bought them at Isetan (both Scotts and Parkway carries it)

just FYI: ever flo plastic bottle (pastel color BPA free) is $5.90 (120ml) and the glass bottle (240ml) is only $7.90

Cheaper than most brand. the only downturn is its plain looking and hard to see the volume. But other than that great value

Yup,

Glass bottles are definitely BPA free. I believe the BPA chemical is usually found in plastic materials. I'm currently using the Evenflo glass bottles for my gal, and they're very durable. During demo at Motherhood fair, the salesgirl threw the glass bottles down onto the concrete floor, and they didn't break! Also, glass bottles can be used for life, unlike BPA-free bottles which have to be changed over time. However, the only drawback about glass bottles is that they are slightly heavier to hold than normal ones.

Lennie and Thyme,

I recently ordered Snoopy Glass Bottle 240ml. Picture as attached. Are you interested? The item will arrive at July 25 thus if you want to tag along in ordering there is still time (providing the store still sell the item)

url]

Hi maddysmum, thks for the offer but i already hv 5 NUK glass bottles and if i get some more, my mum (who's looking after my baby in the day) will be asking why i buying so many again
happy.gif

but i asking abt babyfairs coz there's usually many other stuff on offer
happy.gif
does anyone know if there's any upcoming babyfairs?

Hi , im nov MTB, may i know what is BPA? & oh no, i just bought quite alots Avent baby bottles... is avent really that bad?

Mamayee: I've already sold off the snoopy glass bottle. It was sold for $6/ piece (240ml). If there are demands I might order more, but can't be too soon. This is trial only
happy.gif

Celest: Since you've bought many bottle then don't worry lah. Just make sure that there is no crack and bottle is change frequently. As in every 3 months or so. And don't heat them up too much, keep the cleaning and sterilizing below 100degree. If you must, then you can also use sterilizing tablet.

BPA is this material that is used in many baby bottles. It will release toxic chemical if there is crack or overused.

Hi Mummies, Just to check with the BPA glass bottles, does it develop bubbles with baby is drinking? I just brought apair of Dr Brown wide neck, and realise its not BPA free. But it is really bubble free when my boy is drinking. While last time i used the avent bottles and is causing so much white foams like bubbles... And also like to check, can glass bottles be sterlise using sterlizer?

SharonBB,
Do you feed your baby FM or EBM. With FM there is usually bubble regardless what kind of bottle.

Or bubble can be caused by the air your bb blow to the bottle. Dr Brown might have less bubble because if its anti colic function. So whether or not its BPA free it doesnt matter.

Yes, glass bottles can be sterilized with sterilizer

Back