Milk bottles discussion

I have been using a number of brands. This constitutes my own personal experience, but I am mainly an advent bottle user.
1) avent anti colic- there's an additional ring to be inserted with the bottle. VERY important that this is not forgotten else everything will begin leaking
2) avent (normal) - no leaking experience
3) nuk - suited for newborns just beginning to transit fr breast to bottle. easy for kids to self remove caps and drink of their own w minimal assistance. Leaks a li between teat and screw head. Maybe due to teat being old and time for Replacement as I didn't encounter it before
4) Tupperware - didn't like it cos it leaks from time to time maybe due to not screwing it properly
5) farlin - one word. Sucks!

Thanks scratchhead for the feedback. I am a first time mommy, bought the avent set from recent Taka baby fair but read about the leaking part online so just wanna check. So for anti colic, it is a must to have the additional ring inserted. How about the new Natural bottle ?

For anti colic, it's a must to insert the ring.

Can't comment on new range of natural bottle as I have not used them. Maybe you can share your experience after using it.

Hi mummies

May I know how often do you change the teat? And I realized the avent bottle will melt if sterilized too long in hot water.
Anyone has the same problem?

I would not recommend using advent bottle unless u are using their breast pump. Reason being u may want to pump direct to the bottle to minimize wastage and also have 1 less bottle to clean. Secondly I also find that avent flow is not ideal for bf babies cos milk will flow even if u do not press the teat. May cause nipple confusion. I think nuk and pigeon are more suitable.

Personal experience with avent is fine. Just need to rem to get w the new born bottles the New born nipple pack. As my NB had difficult drinking from the normal nipples from the 9oz bottles (installed wrongly once). It's probably too hard for NB to drink from. No leakage problems from avent bottles. I am using the avent 4oz bottles that comes with the avent breast Pump. The new born nipple pack also came with the breast Pump.
Besides in the long run with a avent breast pump bought from amazon, it really saves $. (usd $199) I can buy a few more bottles to standby too.
So far no nipple confusion for my NB, but these things are really baby dependant.

I personally had a bad experience with Avent bottles. I had one with mould growing inside. At first I thought it was dirt and cleaned it off, but the same spot came back a few days later. I threw away the entire range and switched to NUK. I quite like it but my #1 didn't so I ended up with Pigeon instead and its serving me well.

Hi Mummies with Sterilizer,

Do you used filtered water to sterilize? My friend recommand me the water treatment as he said the tape water content chlorine. Its not advisable to sterilize as the heat is up to 100C and when the chlorine getting heat up will become another chemical content that cause cancer. He also show me some demo and the tape water at amk area do content chlorine.As my hubby has concern so we have bought the water treatment for our baby. Just to check if mummies here also got buy water treatment as well?

I've done some research and found out the Comotomo bottles are quite highly raved. Anyone using this before?

I'll recommend MAM bottles. Their anti-colic range. I've been using it for my 1st child after she stop BF, and will definitely use it when I have my 2nd child :)

My personal experience struggling with bottles
Avent - initial I tot the bottle leak, actually I forgot to put the ring, so I swop to those yellow anti-colic bottles where u don't need to put the ring. Dont turn soooo tight else the air won't flow well or teat will compress. if ur milk is very hot, make sure u open to let the hot air out before u close the bottle den feed else u keep seeing the teat compress too, I usually hear a sound of the air flowing when my gal is drinking smoothly.

I use their sterilizer as well, easy n convenient for my n hubby.

Nuk
I like their bottles cos there's cartoons n I tried both types , but the problem is the hole u mus use scissors to cut wider n after a while it doesn't work smoothly for my gal drinking n she drinks slower wit this n always end up nv finish becos milk turns cold. Usually she drinks up in 2-3 mins.

My gal don't have nipple confusion, whichever bottle I gave her on nuk or avent she jus drinks.

Medela and Pigeon bottles!

My gal used medela until 7 months and switch her to pigeon wide neck till now 13 months.

I tried nuk, pigeon, tommy tippe, MAM. I swear by MAM. its one of the best anti colic bottles. U may think its trouble some(because of the bottom part and scare leak and stuffs) but if u know how to use, it will not leak. You can say bye bye to big steriliser. you can just put the bottle in the microwave, 3 mins, DING! done. its really fantastic.

I have been using a number of brands. This constitutes my own personal experience, but I am mainly an advent bottle user.
1) avent anti colic- there's an additional ring to be inserted with the bottle. VERY important that this is not forgotten else everything will begin leaking
2) avent (normal) - no leaking experience
3) nuk - suited for newborns just beginning to transit fr breast to bottle. easy for kids to self remove caps and drink of their own w minimal assistance. Leaks a li between teat and screw head. Maybe due to teat being old and time for Replacement as I didn't encounter it before
4) Tupperware - didn't like it cos it leaks from time to time maybe due to not screwing it properly
5) farlin - one word. Sucks!
thanks for your sharing

----------------------------------------------------
room rental singapore: http://www.roomrentalsingapore.net
math tuition: http://mathtuition.com.sg
singapore mrt map: http://www.singaporemrtmap.net
shop for rent in singapore: http://www.shopforrent.net

Major baby fairs at expo and taka sells too.
But do take note that Mam anti colic bottles can't be used to warm up milk as the bottles bottom can be opened up, hence milk will leak if u put it in warmers.

Back