Married 7years, and trying IVF in April 2017

Diana Chia

Hi,

Hope somebody would respond to me here.
My Husband and I were married for 7 years and have been trying for child these years and to no avail.
We would be trying ivf treatment at nuh somewhere around April this year.
Would appreciate if anybody could advise me on how the procedures would be like. And advises on financial costs too. We will be going for our first consultation on 24/04 at nuh hospital.
Thanks folk

Hi there...

Baby dust to you first... And jiayou!!

I had my 1st ivf in nuh too...
As a summary for mine which is short protocol. Hope I am not too detailed... Hee..

1) 1st appt to sign alot of papers.. And to meet the psychiatrist and collect Nor E
2) take the Nor E daily till abt 12 days..
3) 3 days later, 1st scan to see how many follicles and also to expect ur mensus to come...
4) 2 days later, to start the morning injection daily for 5 days.
5) 6 days later, to go for 2nd scan and then collect medication for morning and night injection daily for the next 5 days... Nurse will also tell u when ur hubby need to take antibiotics
6) u got to expect to go for a few scans alt days or every 3 days..
7) once follicles are big enough, doc will tell u when is the expected oocyte retrieval.
8) on that day of OR, hubby will provide the sperm at the room in the lab
9) then you are warded and thereafter iv drip and then will proceed for the OR which is under GA. Once done... U got to rest for at least 3 to 4 hrs.. Be prepared to be discharged around 5 to 6pm. 19 days HL will start from OR day.
10) the embryologist will call u every morning and update u abt the embryos..
11) on the 3rd day after OR, you will be warded and be arranged to go for embryo transfer... If you so not have any ohss. OR does not require GA. So you can leave after 2 to 3 hrs rest. The only tough part is that u need to have a full bladder and u got to make sure you don't pee on the doc when he is doing the ET procedure for u...
12) 2 days later, you will need to go bk for doc check.. Just to check for ohss.. Make sure u are not bloated...
13) then the 2ww, until your blood test...

Financial cost.. My total cost is abt 11k+.. After gov grant 6.3k and medisave of 4k, I paid in cash abt $900..

The above are based on my experience... But every ladies varies.. Depending on how you response to the simulation...

Diana which dr will u b with at nuh.
My 1st appt at nuh will b in early may n plan to do ivf too.

Hi Hope! I did not intend to look for any specific dr. Cos I am under Polyclinic referral letter and would be under subsidy patient. Would be seeing any dr they assign me too.

Hi there...

As a summary for mine which is short protocol. Hope I am not too detailed... Hee..

1) 1st appt to sign alot of papers.. And to meet the psychiatrist and collect Nor E
3) 3 days later, 1st scan to see how many follicles and also to expect ur mensus to come...
5) 6 days later, to go for 2nd scan and then collect medication for morning and night injection daily for the next 5 days... Nurse will also tell u when ur hubby need to take antibiotics
7) once follicles are big enough, doc will tell u when is the expected oocyte retrieval.
9) then you are warded and thereafter iv drip and then will proceed for the OR which is under GA. Once done... U got to rest for at least 3 to 4 hrs.. Be prepared to be discharged around 5 to 6pm. 19 days HL will start from OR day.
11) on the 3rd day after OR, you will be warded and be arranged to go for embryo transfer... If you so not have any ohss. OR does not require GA. So you can leave after 2 to 3 hrs rest. The only tough part is that u need to have a full bladder and u got to make sure you don't pee on the doc when he is doing the ET procedure for u...
12) 2 days later, you will need to go bk for doc check.. Just to check for ohss.. Make sure u are not bloated...

Financial cost.. My total cost is abt 11k+.. After gov grant 6.3k and medisave of 4k, I paid in cash abt $900..

The above are based on my experience... But every ladies varies.. Depending on how you response to the simulation...
Hi,

I'm interested to go NUH for my IVF. Can I ask u few question. Which number to call to make appointment and did u look for Dr Wong or other DR.. Do we to need get referral letter to get subsidy?

Hi there...

Hi

You still can remember all this, I did mine in Feb and I have forgotten all the procedure :)

Hi,

I'm interested to go NUH for my IVF. Can I ask u few question. Which number to call to make appointment and did u look for Dr Wong or other DR.. Do we to need get referral letter to get subsidy?

if u wanna get Prof PC Wong, u can call Women Clinic at 6772 2277. Prof PC Wong is under private, the nurse told me that 1st consultation is $172, subsequent consultation is $121. i dont know if still got other additional charges further ahead. If under prof wong still can get 6k govt grant & 6k medisave grant if you go for 1st fresh cycle.

If you get referral letter from polyclinic, u will be seeing different docs at CHR. They go under package, i think every consultation fees is only $30 plus.

if u wanna get Prof PC Wong, u can call Women Clinic at 6772 2277. Prof PC Wong is under private, the nurse told me that 1st consultation is $172, subsequent consultation is $121. i dont know if still got other additional charges further ahead. If under prof wong still can get 6k govt grant & 6k medisave grant if you go for 1st fresh cycle.

If you get referral letter from polyclinic, u will be seeing different docs at CHR. They go under package, i think every consultation fees is only $30 plus.
Hi,
Thank you for your information.. Currently I'm under SGH and i failed my 2nd time. Still consider to change NUH or stay put.. It will be my last try n govt subsidy. :rolleyes:

Hi,
Thank you for your information.. Currently I'm under SGH and i failed my 2nd time. Still consider to change NUH or stay put.. It will be my last try n govt subsidy. :rolleyes:

u can consider kkh? look for dr tan hh. he's quite famous for ivf cases and many of us have bfp under him

Back