Looking for reliable confinement lady

friendlysg

Dear Friends,

My EDD is on mid March 2013, kindly sent me a good & reliable confinement lady contact, if you had experience with good one before, your help will be so much appreciated and have a good day!

Dear All

Im also looking for CL for mid Mar 2013 but DayTime only.
Anyone with reasonably good Daytime CL to recommand will be greatly appreciated.
Thank u.

Hi,
My Confinement lady, Auntie Annie is very good. She cook well and take good care of my baby. I like her responsible character. She encourage i breastfeed and dun mind waking up so many times at nite to feed my baby with my breast milk.

Can call her at 93852409

In using back same confinement nanny for my second bb, I'm delivering in jan 2013. I find her very suitable and always keeping contact since my no1 is born in 2006. Can look for aunty Yuqin 93585586 or 60164092059

Hi ladies, im looking for a confinement nanny who is able to speak english, would appreciate if someone could recommend theirs. my edd is in April. thank you

Hihi,

Would like to recommend our confinement lady who is serving us now. Her name is Auntie Yuhua who is from Seremban, Negri Sembilan who has 9 years of experience.

Auntie Yuhua was a recommendation by our friend - we thought that Auntie Yuhua makes excellent confinement dishes, as well as non-confinement ones. She really is a great cook, as well as attentive to details.

Apart from taking care of the baby and dishes, she does washing of laundry daily, cleans up the kitchen well and immediately after meals. Most importantly, she treats and cares for our baby well with experience. Speaks Mandarin and Cantonese.

If interested, do give her a call at the following:

Auntie Yuhua
+60 12 923 4220 (Malaysian Hp - always available)
91562925 (Singapore pre-paid contact valid till end Dec 2012)

Thanks!

hi,mummy
i can intro my confenement lady i use before...
she is malaysian aunty zhen +60126905201
she very traditional ones
but she cannot speak english
overall she cooking is very dilicious
and care for baby very well
i would like to find her next time..

Hi ladies, my mom in law is looking to be a confinement lady here in SG and she has done a few confinement in the past for family members and relatives. She helped me with my confinement when I had my twins. She's hardworking, clean and very diligent in her work. She can cook really well as well.
She is able to speak English, Mandarin, Foochow and Malay.
She is able to work part time during the day if you prefer privacy or live in for the one month. She's available in 2013 including during CNY.

Contact me at 92388060.

Thanks

I would like to recommend/refer my confinement nanny to this forum.
Her name is May, a malaysian.

May charges very reasonably and she do for local and overseas (overseas different charges of course)
She is very systematic, neat and clean, she is easy, she is not the calculative sort and i must say she has great initiative, and she has a very positive attitude. She is not the gossip sort and she has great adapting skills.

Most importantly she is very experienced and very patient. She is good with her cooking for mommy who needs alot of nourishing and she handles baby really well. It is very comfortable to have her around.
As i am doing total breast feeding, she knows what and what not to cook for me which at this point food consumption is very important as what i eat is what the baby feeds.

During her stay, she does all the marketing.
She cooks for my hubby and myself. If my hubby do not want confinement food, she is able to make something different. Just let her know what to do or make. I stay with my family but during the confinement period they are mostly away. However when they are back, May will cook for them also. I normally will work on the menu with her. For me she cooks only 2 meals as i am not someone who wants a heavy breakfast. But if you want her to make all 3 meals she can.

She do the laundry for baby, hubby and me. She dont do ironing. But she will fold the clothes neatly.
She sweeps and mops the floor, also she cleans the bathroom for me. We didnt request her to do all these but she did it out of her own initiative.
Also with her vast experience, she is a good source when you are uncertain with what's up with the newborn. she will teach and guide you. I learnt alot from her.

I was lucky to have her even though i contacted her last min but fortunately she is free to do for me.
She is suppose to fulfill a month (4 weeks) confinement but i extended her for another two weeks. I would love to extend her for another month but she is travelling and after that, she has an overseas confinement duty. Honestly i have no idea what will i do when she leaves.

My family ( my parents and hubby) and i are fond of her and she really love our boy. I am sure we will miss her and her food.

I strongly recommend her and if i have a #2 i definitely get her back.
You may wish to contact her at 98646165 or +60127055420

Mummies who have confirmed their confinement nanny, can check with ya if any work permit is required for the confinement nanny?

Thx v much!

<font color="0000ff">Hi

Would like to intro my confinement lady who is experience, patience and nice.

Her charges are reasonable and can discuss with her.

Name: Auntie Nancy
SG contact: 93401123
Malaysia contact: +60 167445775

Thanks</font>

i have gotten a few recommendations but hor...how to choose? most are recommended with phone numbers. What do you ask the CL? How do you decide who to use? i also dont know what to ask them except if they are free and how much
happy.gif

Hi,I got this lady through my friend who had used her service and proven good. I had used her for my own Confinment in July this year. She's really good that I extended her services. So she's been helping me for slightly more than 2 mths.

This confinment aunty is very good, hygienic, responsible and hardworking. Once she finish the chores, she would take the initiative to carry baby so that i can rest. My kitchen and whole house is so clean when aunty is around.

She takes care of my baby well and wash baby's bottom regularly. Some Confinment lady just use baby wipes. This Aunty uses cotton and water. It's lots of work man. She even uses handkerchief to clean baby's mouth after every breastfeed session &amp; burp baby. She even wakes up in the middle of the night to help me change baby's diaper, wash my breast pump and burp baby. It's tiring but she still wakes up every morning at 7plus.

She cooks well. She knows how to brew henessey chicken for takes 5hrs! Her Confinment food is delicious! Never sick of it.

She's really patient and doted on my baby. She even help me feed my 2 yrs old when i'm busy with my baby. She does this without even me asking her to do.

I address her as "Aunty". Her HP is 82352012. She's from Malaysia JB. Has 30 over yrs of experience. She's quite booked so hurry. now her only slot is May 2013. You can tell her that you are recommended by her July 2012 customer.

Even after she had finished her assignment, she still calls to check on my baby. Hardly any Confinment lady would care so much. To me, she's even better than my mum. That's why I'll miss her even till now. I still keep in touch with her. Hope u guys will be blessed by her just like i did.

Hi

Would like to intro my confinement lady who has 20 more years experience of take care baby,good cooking skills, patience and nice.

Her charges are reasonable.

Name: Auntie Xin Hua
Mobile: 90699570

Hi, ladies.
I need a confinement lady for Feb 2013.
Someone who can speak EL, pro breastfeeding and can stay in too. Please share if u have any contacts. Thanks!

Hi hi, I am thinking if I need a confinement lady, my new maid is coming this Sat and both my mum and in law has agreeded verbally to take care of new born, but I am afraid that later on they will not get along together plus this is my 3rd baby. Previously, I do not have maid, only hire CL for my 1st two boys. Any advice?

Hi Mummies, can I chk with u all did anyone call May as I contacted her sg n msia no but no one pick up. Anyone knew wat time shld I contact so tt she oso free...

I have just finished my confinement with a great confinement auntie. Her name is Serene. I posted this in another discussion, but I am also posting here because some people asked about english speaking and day confinement ladies... I know from experience these are very hard to find. I tried for nearly one month to find a good confinement lady.

Anyway, thanks to these forums, I found Serene. Yes she is a real gem. I would recommend her to anyone at all.

She is Singaporean, so english is very good, and also fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese. Her cooking delicious (even my husband and parents like it), she knows a lot about baby health and lactation, and she is a lovely woman. You can tell she loves babies. She encourages breast feeding and good hygiene, and is very patient and gentle. We liked her so much that we extended for an extra 2 weeks.

She works 9am to 6pm each day, and charges are very reasonable. Her number is 9751 1169 (Auntie Serene).

My CL Aunty Akiau is with me for another week before my confinement ends. I am thankful that we managed to engage her at the last minute and I would recommend her - she is supportive of breastfeeding and doesn't make unkind remarks even if supply is low.
She is very clean &amp; hygiene, mops my kitchen floor after every meal she cooks and doesn't make a mess. She takes initiative to help out whenever she can - washes/folds family's clothes, sweep/mop house floor in the morn.
She takes good care of my newborn too and will highlight concerns (bleeding belly button after U-cord drops off / skin rashes) rather than keep quiet.
She has a request to apply work permit - we did so willingly for that piece of mind. It is around S$175 levy one time payment.

You can PM me if you wish to get her contact.
Cheers!

Hihi,

Would like to recommend our confinement lady who is serving us now. Her name is Auntie Yuhua who is from Seremban, Negri Sembilan who has 9 years of experience.

Auntie Yuhua was a recommendation by our friend - we thought that Auntie Yuhua makes excellent confinement dishes, as well as non-confinement ones. She really is a great cook, as well as attentive to details.

Apart from taking care of the baby and dishes, she does washing of laundry daily, cleans up the kitchen well and immediately after meals. Most importantly, she treats and cares for our baby well with experience. Speaks Mandarin and Cantonese.

If interested, do give her a call at the following:

Auntie Yuhua
+60 12 923 4220 (Malaysian Hp - always available)
91562925 (Singapore pre-paid contact valid till end Dec 2012)

Thanks!

Thanks. Was impressed with the description hence got her to do my confinement. I must say she isn’t as good as what's been mentioned here.
Basically, she does nothing much as I have a helper. The only tasks she does is taking care of baby and cooking. The rest of the tasks were handled by my helper. Even with that, she is very slow in handling baby's needs i.e feeding of baby. At times, when baby is crying, she is busy cooking and ignores the cry. Many times, we have to help or even have to tell her that baby is crying as if she can't hear the baby's cry.
In terms of food, I do not think she's a great cook. Every alternate day, I eat the same food (Non-confinement ones). She doesn't even know the type of food to cook that will help improve milk flow in lactation e.g fish head and green papaya soup (the basic ones which I am familiar with as my previous confinement nanny did), much less the herbs and all (simply no idea/knowledge). In terms of speed, even cooking less than 3 dishes per meal, she takes a long time to cook. Definitely not worth paying a fresh grad salary for a job that can be done more efficiently by my wonderful helper who is paid many times lesser than what she's getting.
She is very disorganised and forgetful. She doesn't have a fixed schedule for baby's bath etc. There was an occasion when she bathed baby with dove instead of the pigeon (3 in one). When asked, she laughed it off and said that the bottles looked alike.
I strongly would not recommend her to anyone
Thanks.

Back