Looking for geniune recommendation for confinement lady

chua_jo

Dear Mummies and Mummies to be:

Anyone has good, reliable confinement lady to recommend?
Saw alot of recommendation in forum and is not sure which one is reli good as some seems to be advertising for themselves.
My EDD is on 02.01.2013. I have no helpers at home. Mom and Mil not available.
Therefore need a tip top confinement lady.
Hubby say if its slightly more pricey for a good one den go for it since we have no other choice.
Appreciate all kind comments.
Thank you.

Hi I had a CL which help me for my number 1 n currently going to help me with my number 2 this month .shes very good n flexible in confinement meals as you know some people prefer not to stick to the traditional meals . But she don't stay over at your place , she can cook n help you with some works n as well as looking after your baby n you.lastly her price reasonable can nego abit.
If you are interested can call her at 97476211 to look for Cindy. She's a Singaporean .

Thanks

Hi Jo, who dont you go through agency? they guarantee you change of CL if you find them no good.

I think best and safest recommendations is by friends who have used the CL previously. Like what 2ww said, u can also sign up w an agency so u can change if u are not happy with her service.
happy.gif

Hi Jo, my confinement auntie is really good for me! she takes good care of me and my baby, leaving me with no worries. her food is pretty good too and being a first time mummy, i really learn alot from her. bathing my son was scary at first, but she will slowly guide u thru. she believe in letting the mummy have ample rest so i didn't need to take care of nite feeds (unless you insist on latching) and learning how to bathe the baby only comes in after 2nd week. i felt a tinge of sadness when she left actually.

she is pretty popular since she is fully booked till oct when she was doing my confinement in end feb-end mar.

her name is yafang. SG number is 8110 5075. Malaysia number is +60 177570779. Tell her recommended by Meifen from Toa Payoh. hope you will manage to book her =)

oh ya..i didn't have any maid or MIL to help out also. but she took the initiative to do basic housework like clean the floor, wash the clothes and fold them. she reorganize my kitchen to such neatness that i still follow it to date.

Jo, I used PEM before, didn't have a great experience with the CL. 2nd time, I went to GPLS...it was better. The key is not really the agency, but how you specify the qualities of CL you want. My first CL talked too much, clashed with my mum, likes to compare...so I specified I want a quiet and gentle CL the 2nd time, and GPLS met my requirements.

Have not used free agent CL before, but I've interviewed a few over the phone. The good ones can be really good but it's also risky. The good thing about agency CL is their job description is more comprehensive...they will do housework, cook for your husband, wash cloth nappies, babysit your other children (within reason). And if they don't do well, you can complain to the agency. Free agent CL are pickier and sometimes want to charge more for activities that do not count as caring for baby. One highly recommended CL told me she won't wash cloth nappies as everyone uses disposable diapers nowadays.

I used pem before and bad experience with CL ... Although she took care of baby ok but she made my house full of crockroaches and bad cooking.. Whenever br cry she will say bob need to latch. She always watch tv .. Almost whole day.
Bt I dont rem her name .. She from Malaysia very big size.

I think agency also don't screen CL..

Hi , would like to reccomend my fantastic CL , was really lucky to have her as i initially hire one cl who was money grabber , ask for higher pay , air ticket to penang , minimum $200 ang pow and final straw was that she insist on "helping" me buy expensive things like abalone .. so i sacked her ..

Luckily i got this CL who initially retired to take care of grandson .. now she just decided to come back and i got her.. finishing my confinement next .. she is god send ..Her name is auntie Hui Feng ..

My baby is extremely fussy and cry for milk every hour . She is quite pro breast feeding thus dun mind staying up the night to take care . She wakes up ard 6 am just to start preparing my meal .. everyday breakfast , lunch , dinner is like restaurant style .. so far , into my 26 days of confinement i only have 2 repeated dish ... She make very good food even for my husband and my fussy mother and a separeate set for my dad. So daily , she cook 3 type , one set for me , one for mum and husband , and one set for dad who is vegetarian . SHe also is quite clean and can tell she love baby. Extrememly patient and kind , not wasteful at all ... imagine when i was in hospital , she brought my confinemnet food even when i ordered hospital meal , then she say dun waste and she can help me eat the not nice hospital food if nobody eat .. very nice and sweet lady ..
There was once my mum bought meat bao and she told me that better not eat as not sure what type of meat they use , might not good for me ..so the next day she immediatey hand made meat bao me ... how many CL would do that !
She also help to teach my new maid how to care for baby , how to do housechore , and maintain my maid cleanliness such as min 1 day bath 3 time cos taking care of baby .. she also talk sense into my maid when my maid got lazy ,.. so really is making my every penny wrth .. she make me feel that she is more of mother than a CL .. very motherly and yet not naggy .. she is modern and flexible and also respect our privacy alot.. she totally understand that having our first baby, we naturally will want to see baby more so even when hubby came bk late from work , she dun mind leaving the room when hubby come in to see so that we can have family time ... so very considerate ...
she is also not pushy in the confinement rules, she will tell u what to do but if you decide not to, she will respect too .. (etc like me i die die no give bottle till 3 weeks so for 3 weeks she patiently spoonfeed my baby thru the night ). The only thing she very admandant about is mummy have to drink enuff soup .. so she gave me 3 big bowl a day and insist i drink cos it will help produce milk ...
She is also frenly to all guest that comes and dun mind cooking extra for them .. i duno what bad point to say abt her as i have yet to find any ,, can only thank her by posting good review and reccomendation .. i will post all pics of food she cook .. but she mention that she is able to cook different thing and so much everyday cos we have alot of ingredients in the fridge .. so for those who hire her , if you want to eat something u have to have the ingredient ,,,

I extended my confinement with her and now really cant bear to let her leave .. i guess all who employ her is lucky .. i am not related to her and fund her by a forummer recommendation too .. so since i am so free doing my confinement now i can give very detail review ... haha .. For those who ineterested please email me at [email protected]

IPOH HORFUN

7428022.jpg

HANDMADE MEAT BUN
7428023.jpg

STIR FRIED MEE SWA
7428024.jpg

DRY MEE HOON KUAY
7428025.jpg

CHIX RICE
7428026.jpg

FISH BEE HOON
7428027.jpg

SOUP MEE HOON KUAY
7428028.jpg

OUR DAILY DINNER STYLE
7428029.jpg

BIG BOWL OF SOUP 3 X DAILY
7428030.jpg

GULTINOUS RICE SHE TRIAL FOR MY BB FULL MTH
7428031.jpg

First time I read not only a detailed recommendation but even see pictures! The food looks good! Lucky u Nahnah and the next mummy who is using her.

My mum is doing my confinment, I will show her the pics! Hehee..

Hi ladies, my mom in law is looking to be a confinement lady here in SG and she has done a few confinement in the past for family members and relatives. She helped me with my confinement when I had my twins. She's hardworking, clean and very diligent in her work. She can cook really well as well.
She is able to speak English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Foochow and Malay.
She is able to work part time during the day if you prefer privacy or live in for the one month. She's available in 2013 including during CNY.

Please contact me at 92388060.

Thanks

Hi, Mdm Tan got more than 5year experience work as confinement lady. Current she charge:
Day time 9am to 7pm $1800-$2000 (28days)
Day & night $2200-$2400 (28days)
If you're interested for further query, please call +65-98801042

Hi ladies,

My mom in law is looking to be a confinement lady here in SG and she has done a few confinement in the past for family members and relatives. She helped me with my confinement when I had my twins. She's hardworking, clean and very diligent in her work. She can cook really well as well.
She is able to speak English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Foochow and Malay.
She is able to work part time during the day if you prefer privacy or live in for the one month. She's available in 2013 after Feb.

Here is a video testimony given by one of her most recent clients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYx5VN1QKk

Please contact me at 92388060.

Thanks

Hi I would like to recommend my confinement lady. She is very gd at taking care of my baby and her herbal food is very gd. I recovered fast because of her. At first didn't want to engage coz want to save money. But when my health got worse n my mil couldn't handle the baby, we decided to get one n she is heaven sent! Within a week.. I recovered n the baby is thriving well under her care. I have learnt a lot of tricks from her too. Her name is aunty bee chok. Her sg no is 83713997. Her Maia no 02074291763/ 02070127636515. Btw she has more than 10 years experience in this line.

Dear all , auntie Hui Feng had requested for me to stop promoting her for personal reasons thus i would not be replying email for enquries about her and to all mum to be , i wish you best of luck in finding a great CL !

Hello,

I would like to high recommend previous CL- Auntie Xin Hua. She has a good experience to take care and handle BB and good cooking skills. I was very satisfied and feel comfortable with her services.

You may contact her via her SG mobile: 9069 9570 or Msia mobile: 017-241 8030.

Hence, she is a PR and no need to apply WP

Dear MTB in this forum
Do not belive what Sayuri Loo had been posting everywhere in this forum..PROBLEM IS LIES ON HER.

I just enganged Auntie Choo for my Confinement & she is really very good, cooking is delicious & she can cook different food within 28days upon my request.
She knows how to take care of my baby & she can explain to me why my baby crying non stop. She really take good care of me too.
She is flexible lady too, not like other CF lady cannot change timing.
If I need her to come early, she can come & I will release her early too. (8hrs working time)
Sometime I can heard she explain nicely on phone for new enquire for ppl asking about confinement...very experience

She had been crying & telling me some MTB intense to instructed her to do all the housework, like washing all toilet, cleaning all window, cook for their whole family members with different dishes they requested, fetching their children, marketing for all their family food, hand wash her bloodly pantie & her HB unwear, bath for the dogs, massage for her & her mother, clean the whole house & some dirty job........
DO YOU THINK THIS IS CONFINEMENT LADY JOB??
HOW CAN SHE TAKE CARE OF THE BABY WHEN BABY CRY?
SHE IS A CONFINEMENT LADY NOT A MAID.

She told me other MTB had been showing her how Sayuri Loo post all over the website & different forum with inappropriate comment about her.
She is an absurd MTB, she stay with her MIL when auntie choo do confinement for her.
She call auntie choo to clean her MIL whole house 5rm flat, expect auntie choo to clean everyday the whole house+ clean window+ toilet must clean till shinning.
She want auntie choo to serve her MIL & mother, washing the whole family members clothing, ironing, folding too. (more than 5 members) hand wash their under garment & wash her bloodly panties. Auntie had suggest her to wear disposable pantie but she dont want.
She do not allow auntie choo to eat her food & tell her to eat outside not even plain water.
Auntie choo ask her what she want to eat everyday, she say anything & finished up all the foods auntie choo cook.
She expect auntie choo to bring her food to her food to her bed & clean up when she finish.
She tell auntie choo when she ring the bell, auntie choo must faster run to her bed.
When auntie choo shower or feeding the baby, she insisted auntie choo to put down the baby first & serve her.
When the baby crying non stop, she dont allow auntie choo to carry the baby.
When auntie choo did not carry the baby as per her instruction, she scold auntie choo & also insulting her.
She had been accusing auntie choo for many things she which auntie choo did not do.
She not happy with auntie choo when other MTB call for enquire & scold her.

When auntie cannot stand of her & resign from her job, she even scold auntie choo & throw temper on auntie choo.
Now even post bad comment all around.

DO NOT BELIVE ALL SHE SAY.

ahda New Member
I would like to share my very very bad experience with this confinement lady by the name of Li Rong. A Malaysian ,She is about 1.75m tall, wear specs long hair with fringes and always bundle up.
Her contact number : 8509 3189. Please dun get cheated by all her bullshits on how good she is and how many CL prizes she has won.
1) Super poor hygiene. I highly suspected that she might be the one who caused my boy to have diaherra and was hospilaised . It was such a heart pain experience,
- Once i found a piece of raw meat on the leg of my boy. When i questioned her, she smiled and apologised, said might be because the meat dropped on her pants when she cut it.
- My mum told me she never washed the bottle properly and she told my mum just raised will do, coz end of the day the steamer will sterilise and kill all the gems. And i only get to do this after my confinement as my mum, being inexperience, believe whatever she said..
2) Inexperience CL and i do not understand why she claimed that she has wont alot of prizes as a CL
– My girl has been passing very hard stools during her care. As an experience CL you should know that this is unacceptable and something must be wrong with her milk power. Instead she told us that this is perfectly normal. My poor girl has been crying so hard everything she pooed and she even joked constantly that my girl very naughty, whenever she pooed, the whole world know. WTF.
3) Super love money and keeps complaining that PEM eats her money
- She repeatedly said that PEM has took so much commission from her clients and that these money should be hers. She also said alot of her clients felt that she has been shortcharged so gave her very big angbao (like 400 to 800 bucks) at the end of teh confinement. Is obvious tahts he is trying hard to hint us, hoping that we will give her such big angbaos. She think we are stupid meh.
- Then it happened that we have this free coffee machine that we received from some credit card promotion. She actually hinted a few tmes that last time her client gave her some of their free stuff coz they felt that she is very good.
- She even bought the Chinese newspaper to read without asking and charged to us. When we questioned her, she was smart enough to say she bought it for my mum to read, even when my mum didnt request it at all.
- It is also expected of us that we have to provide her with apples and whatever desserts my brother bought for us when he visited us, You dun give her, she keeps complaining that i am super ngeow.
- I have asked her to cook more dishes so that all if us has enough to eat, Yet she choose to cook very little. When i questioned her why, she said no worries, ask us just eat. And said she eats very little. But behind my back, she complaint to my mum, said i very ngeow never let her eat. I have asked he rto just buy what is necessary to cook and get teh money from us, yet she refused, said she prefeed to save money for her client, Then why the F she complaint that I never give her enough money? Oxymoron bitch.
- She claimed that last time her client give her a TV in her rooms she can watch TV. Are you here to watch TV or take care of my babies?
4) Doesn’t know how to prepare confinement food at home and sometimes Chow Kang , doesnt want to cook. She old my mum i requested her not to cook, when i din even say a damn thing.
- Stupidly, i have actually extended her stay with us for two weeks, as we really feel quite lost and do not know how to cope with our babies (twin), She actually refused to cook and keep saying that i can eat outside food.
5) Keep wanting to on the aircon , just because she was hot and not for my babies
- She will complain again and again (till i feel like slaping her coz is so lohson) that the weather was too hot and that my babies couldn’t sleep. Please, babies are not afraid of the warm weather.
There was once i caught her wrapping herself in thick blanket when i allowed her to on the airoc at 26 degree the whole night. Can you imagine how cold my babies were when an adult reacted that way.
There are so much more issues that i was really fluming mad when i talk about it. In fact, i called her after sheleft and i scolded her for being unprofessional. And she just kept quiet. SO ladies, please be careful this woman, i seriously feel that she knows nothing and is just coning money. She is those that will say behave very well and nice infront of you, but will complain to you rmum or even maid and in law that you are not good.
All in all, we paid around 5k, 3 k to her and 2 k to PEM for the intro fee. blood suckers. And PEm is so niave enough to believe that she is good, when she has been going around telling ppl that they cheated her money. I actually called PEM and feedback all these to the boss, but well who knows if any actions have been taken.

Im not sure if she is still with PEM now. I was just talking about her with my mum the day before. the more i think about it, the more pissed off i am. How could she, as a confinment lady, feed my babies and at the same time, turned her head one side to read the newspaper! my babies may be sucking in alot of air! I rem it was the malaysia election that time, She even hinted loudly to me that she must DIE DIE watch the news and follow the election tonight, So she expected us to on the TV for her to watch lah. Then my mum is kind enough to offer in helping me to take care of my twins. But she kept tellig my mum not to kpo and not to take care for me and just let me place my babies at the infant care. is that her business? I know she doesnt want to take care of her china daughter in law babies in future , but that doenst mean she can be such a busybody. She rather earn ppl's money then helping her own son to take care of babies. So this speaks for her own character : love for money.
There are a whole lot stories that i can share about her. So mummies if are keen to know more, just PM me.
I really do not want her to go around cheating pl's money, so i tell myself i must share my super abd experience to all mummies as much as possible.

Hi, would like to share with you on confinement nanny Auntie Susie.
She cooks well with confinement foods and take good care of the baby, most importantly, she is pro breasefeeding.
She is honest, kind, and friendly. She handles baby well.
Her contact number: +6012 6489568.
She has been a nanny in Australia and now staying in KL. All babies that being looked after by her growing very well. She is very responsible lady.
At her mid 50s.

Hi, all.

Just to share my bad experience with this horrible confinement lady (CL) named XiaoCui from JB, her SG hp: 93517509 and Msia hp: 0167437840.
I engaged her services in March 2013, paying a S$200 deposit upfront during the meetup for my EDD in Nov 2013.
I called her early Nov to remind her of my EDD to which she is not contactable till just two days before my EDD.
I asked her why she didn't answer her HP or call my number back despite my several calls.
She claimed that she didn't top up her SG mobile, to which I gave her benefit of doubt since I was about to give birth soon.
I even double checked with her on my address and food to buy for my confinement to which she replied that she will be coming at 1.30pm on the day I checked out of the hospital.
After my baby's birth, I tried calling her several times but to no avail.
Only on the day I checked out, this horrible CL called me back only at 12.30pm saying that her fil is sick and she can't come and she will return the deposit when she is in SG. I was already on verge of breakdown as I am a first time mum. The thought of handling a crying baby was very terrifying to me.

In the end, I managed to find another CL the very last min. Then on 2nd week of my confinement, I called her to ask about the deposit since I didn't receive it. She just repeated herself like a broken record saying that when she will definitely return when she is in SG. Obviously, she has no intention of returning the $$ back. I had to resort to telling her that if she don't return my $$, I will make a police report. Upon hearing that, she promptly returned me my $$ that very afternoon through internet banking.

That's not all. I also discovered that she had accepted my friend's deposit when her EDD is only 2 weeks away from me! In the end, she told my friend that she broke her arm and she can't come to do the confinement. This means that this XiaoCui has the intention of cheating us of the deposit when she knew that she will not be able to do either one of the confinement!!! What a fraudster!

Hence to those who want to engage this fraudster CL XiaoCui from JB, please hire her at your own risk.

Hi, all.

Just to share my bad experience with this horrible confinement lady (CL) named XiaoCui from JB, her SG hp: 93517509 and Msia hp: 0167437840.
I engaged her services in March 2013, paying a S$200 deposit upfront during the meetup for my EDD in Nov 2013.
I called her early Nov to remind her of my EDD to which she is not contactable till just two days before my EDD.
I asked her why she didn't answer her HP or call my number back despite my several calls.
She claimed that she didn't top up her SG mobile, to which I gave her benefit of doubt since I was about to give birth soon.
I even double checked with her on my address and food to buy for my confinement to which she replied that she will be coming at 1.30pm on the day I checked out of the hospital.
After my baby's birth, I tried calling her several times but to no avail.
Only on the day I checked out, this horrible CL called me back only at 12.30pm saying that her fil is sick and she can't come and she will return the deposit when she is in SG. I was already on verge of breakdown as I am a first time mum. The thought of handling a crying baby was very terrifying to me.

In the end, I managed to find another CL the very last min. Then on 2nd week of my confinement, I called her to ask about the deposit since I didn't receive it. She just repeated herself like a broken record saying that when she will definitely return when she is in SG. Obviously, she has no intention of returning the $$ back. I had to resort to telling her that if she don't return my $$, I will make a police report. Upon hearing that, she promptly returned me my $$ that very afternoon through internet banking.

That's not all. I also discovered that she had accepted my friend's deposit when her EDD is only 2 weeks away from me! In the end, she told my friend that she broke her arm and she can't come to do the confinement. This means that this XiaoCui has the intention of cheating us of the deposit when she knew that she will not be able to do either one of the confinement!!! What a fraudster!

Hence to those who want to engage this fraudster CL XiaoCui from JB, please hire her at your own risk.

Just an advice for mommies engaging freelance, if she collected the deposit from you, make sure you have a copy of her IC and passport photocopy for safe keeping because hp number can change anytime.

Hi
Hi , would like to reccomend my fantastic CL , was really lucky to have her as i initially hire one cl who was money grabber , ask for higher pay , air ticket to penang , minimum $200 ang pow and final straw was that she insist on "helping" me buy expensive things like abalone .. so i sacked her ..

Luckily i got this CL who initially retired to take care of grandson .. now she just decided to come back and i got her.. finishing my confinement next .. she is god send ..Her name is auntie Hui Feng ..

My baby is extremely fussy and cry for milk every hour . She is quite pro breast feeding thus dun mind staying up the night to take care . She wakes up ard 6 am just to start preparing my meal .. everyday breakfast , lunch , dinner is like restaurant style .. so far , into my 26 days of confinement i only have 2 repeated dish ... She make very good food even for my husband and my fussy mother and a separeate set for my dad. So daily , she cook 3 type , one set for me , one for mum and husband , and one set for dad who is vegetarian . SHe also is quite clean and can tell she love baby. Extrememly patient and kind , not wasteful at all ... imagine when i was in hospital , she brought my confinemnet food even when i ordered hospital meal , then she say dun waste and she can help me eat the not nice hospital food if nobody eat .. very nice and sweet lady ..
There was once my mum bought meat bao and she told me that better not eat as not sure what type of meat they use , might not good for me ..so the next day she immediatey hand made meat bao me ... how many CL would do that !
She also help to teach my new maid how to care for baby , how to do housechore , and maintain my maid cleanliness such as min 1 day bath 3 time cos taking care of baby .. she also talk sense into my maid when my maid got lazy ,.. so really is making my every penny wrth .. she make me feel that she is more of mother than a CL .. very motherly and yet not naggy .. she is modern and flexible and also respect our privacy alot.. she totally understand that having our first baby, we naturally will want to see baby more so even when hubby came bk late from work , she dun mind leaving the room when hubby come in to see so that we can have family time ... so very considerate ...
she is also not pushy in the confinement rules, she will tell u what to do but if you decide not to, she will respect too .. (etc like me i die die no give bottle till 3 weeks so for 3 weeks she patiently spoonfeed my baby thru the night ). The only thing she very admandant about is mummy have to drink enuff soup .. so she gave me 3 big bowl a day and insist i drink cos it will help produce milk ...
She is also frenly to all guest that comes and dun mind cooking extra for them .. i duno what bad point to say abt her as i have yet to find any ,, can only thank her by posting good review and reccomendation .. i will post all pics of food she cook .. but she mention that she is able to cook different thing and so much everyday cos we have alot of ingredients in the fridge .. so for those who hire her , if you want to eat something u have to have the ingredient ,,,

I extended my confinement with her and now really cant bear to let her leave .. i guess all who employ her is lucky .. i am not related to her and fund her by a forummer recommendation too .. so since i am so free doing my confinement now i can give very detail review ... haha .. For those who ineterested please email me at [email protected]

IPOH HORFUN

7428022.jpg

HANDMADE MEAT BUN
7428023.jpg

STIR FRIED MEE SWA
7428024.jpg

DRY MEE HOON KUAY
7428025.jpg

CHIX RICE
7428026.jpg

FISH BEE HOON
7428027.jpg

SOUP MEE HOON KUAY
7428028.jpg

OUR DAILY DINNER STYLE
7428029.jpg

BIG BOWL OF SOUP 3 X DAILY
7428030.jpg

GULTINOUS RICE SHE TRIAL FOR MY BB FULL MTH
7428031.jpg
Hi sc nah,

may I know how much she charged you ? Seems she is doing very good job. You can PM me on the charges. I need to do some budgeting.

Back