looking for confinement lady (EDD Oct 2015, triplet pregnancy)

triplet_dad

hi all,

thought i might start a new thread and asking for help since the last thread on this topic dates back 2012.

Anyone with reliable contacts? i have triplet pregnancy, edd oct 2015...

hi all,

thought i might start a new thread and asking for help since the last thread on this topic dates back 2012.

Anyone with reliable contacts? i have triplet pregnancy, edd oct 2015...
Agreed with Bernice mummy suggestion, u shd consider 2 nannies. How possible 1 nanny can look after 3 babies.

shld consider a maid as after confinement, you need at least one more person to help your wife taking care of the babies and household chores.

actually i m in the middle of finding one confinement lady and a domestic helper. My Mother will be coming over too to assist.

I am hoping with my mother, the helper and my hubby plus a confinement lady as a teacher, we will make it happen. ;)

Agreed with Bernice mummy suggestion, u shd consider 2 nannies. How possible 1 nanny can look after 3 babies.

thats the thing... i tried contacting some nannies that advertised their services, I got quotes like 2.8K, but since triplets the lady wanted 8.4k. Another wanted 6K. But one agent (PEM)
replied me saying that the nannies in charge of triplet and twins are fully booked for Oct, but they suggest i take 3 nannies instead at 2.4k each. I have no clue as how 1 nanny alone would b able to take care of 3 newborns even when they command a higher pay package.

Wow triplet ...very challenging... not only for confinement but ongoing caregiving. Make sure you have sufficient manpower, ideally 1 adult to 1 baby. I know somebody with triplet is like weekend parents, each kid pass to grandparents or relatives to take care in different locations, both parents gotta work weekdays, then friday pickup weekend spend time with kids, Sunday send back.... Well like army.

Wow triplet ...very challenging... not only for confinement but ongoing caregiving. Make sure you have sufficient manpower, ideally 1 adult to 1 baby. I know somebody with triplet is like weekend parents, each kid pass to grandparents or relatives to take care in different locations, both parents gotta work weekdays, then friday pickup weekend spend time with kids, Sunday send back.... Well like army.

wow... unfortunately, my mil has already "chopped" citing that she is already old and hands too stiff, cannot carry bb properly. keep fingers cross with maid, mum, confinement lady n hubby i can manage. :p

8.4k for triplet confinement lady is really ex, rather than engaging 3 nannies I would rather engage 1 nanny and spend the rest of the 4.8 k on maid as can tell the maid to do household work while nanny normally only do for the mother and babies.

First few mths shld be ok as newborn babies normally sleep very well after feeding and without soiled diaper ^_^ Don't worry too much

Alternatively you might need two helpers and get confinement tingkat as your mum can help with new borns bathing. Preferably get a helper who has own children and willing to do night feeds.

i am probably going to use Mdm Yue, i think some of the people here have heard of her. I went to see her today, she quoted me 3.5k and she will send one of her CL for me, along with another
helper for 2 weeks. Think the helper is like an apprentice, which I will only have to give red packet when she comes.

Mdm Yue will prepare a list of herbs which I will need to purchase prior to the CL's arrival.

As for maid, I am still considering a myanmar transfer maid, but the agent wants 1.3k for the agent & whatever fees, and loan is at 3.1k payable for 6 months. Any advice would be good... i m at my wits end. :(

8.4k for triplet confinement lady is really ex, rather than engaging 3 nannies I would rather engage 1 nanny and spend the rest of the 4.8 k on maid as can tell the maid to do household work while nanny normally only do for the mother and babies.

Not going for the Malay CL who wanting 8.4k. But I did try PEM and i explained to PEM that my mother will b here to assist, along with a maid, but PEM said that they r not keen in providing only ONE or TWO CLs to do the job, but I HAVE to take THREE. When i asked them again in another way, "so what you are saying is; I either take 3 CLs from your company or NONE?" Their reply was "YES!" They even asked me for my email address and their quotation was for three CLs at 2.4K each, which comes to a total of 7.2K (NO DISCOUNTS) So, I was pretty disappointed with their reply.

look for other agencies as since you need maid for household chores and sometimes helping out with babies, you can look for new maids and they come in 4 wks time. The agency fee for mynamar maid is quite high as in Mar when I enquire its abt $500 without insurance and work permit fee

After visiting a few agencies in the Bukit Timah Shopping Centre & Bukit Timah Plaza, i realised the agency fees varies quite a fair bit. And the so-called additional costs such as:

1. Insurance (more or less fixed)
2. SIP & transportation (between $125 - 250)
3. employment contract only for philippino (between $100 - 250)

and no such thing as free replacement fee, cos if within the first 6 months I wanna change, I have to pay the fixed costs again. Getting domestic help not as simple
and straight forward as before.

Just some examples:

At homekeeper, i was quoted 2.1k (incl agency fee 1.18k) for Ex singapore (philippino) and 1.6K (incl $688 agency fee) for new, but if replacement, i have to pay $1.3k.... :confused:

At AUK, they were asking $988 agency fee for new philippino, $488 for new myanmar or $688 for Ex singapore myanmar maid with replacement fee at $188

finally decided to go with Mdm Yue. Will KIV all on the progress and outcome.

As for maid, I went with HnR at Bukit Timah Plaza, I am getting a new maid from Mizoram (india). Decided to try maids from this country cos at least they can speak
simple English. I hear alot of horror stories of maids from Philippines & Indonesia, though I know it depends on luck. Was aiming for maids from Myanmar, but
after interviewing a few, I feel maybe need to spend more time getting them to understand me or me understanding them. Wish me luck on the Mizoram maid :p

congrats to you hav triplet!!
im a twin babies mummy,b4 i hire a cl...be thankful my ex cl care my babies n me very well...
if triplet i suggest hire a cl and a nanny if your got a maid..

hi, thanks for the suggestion n best wishes. I have hired a 2xCLs, a maid, and my mother will be coming over to live with us. Think with the allocated headcount, should b able to manage. Plus,
my hubby has gotten some volunteers to come in on adhoc basis ;)

Get a CL and 2 maids. It's no joke to care for triplets! Maids don't take mymnar fresh.. Will die of the language barrier..

I have twins and I'm taking 2 Filipino for a change. My Mymnar maid took such a long time to learn things especially when their country is so backward. Just my own opinion. I would think Filippino or Indonesian is a better choice for taking care of children.

Get a CL and 2 maids. It's no joke to care for triplets! Maids don't take mymnar fresh.. Will die of the language barrier..

I have twins and I'm taking 2 Filipino for a change. My Mymnar maid took such a long time to learn things especially when their country is so backward. Just my own opinion. I would think Filippino or Indonesian is a better choice for taking care of children.

well, unfortunately my hubby is a taxi driver who doesn't earn a lot. 1 maid already is hard to manage, let alone having 2. :(

i have a myanmar maid who just joined us on Sunday, plus my mum is coming next week. We're keeping our fingers crossed, take one step at a time.

CL comes after babies are born. I know its hard, but with poor financials, we just have to make do. Not forgetting, everything is in multiples of three.

i went thro this lady called 游小姐. 9783 2269. you can try contacting her.

things worked out well for us, we had 2 domestic workers along with the CL. Mdm You sent 2 CLs to assist, though 1 of them was only here when required.

good luck!

finally decided to go with Mdm Yue. Will KIV all on the progress and outcome.

As for maid, I went with HnR at Bukit Timah Plaza, I am getting a new maid from Mizoram (india). Decided to try maids from this country cos at least they can speak
simple English. I hear alot of horror stories of maids from Philippines & Indonesia, though I know it depends on luck. Was aiming for maids from Myanmar, but
after interviewing a few, I feel maybe need to spend more time getting them to understand me or me understanding them. Wish me luck on the Mizoram maid :p

Hi, may I know how's your Mizoram maid? can share more on their performance? as I considering to take Mizoram or fillipino. Thanks in advance.

i went with 1 x myanmar, and 1 x pinoy maid. The mizoram maid we wanted didn't come through cos it seemed that the one we chose had come to Singapore before but was deported as she ran away. The other one we chose couldn't get an approval on the visa. If u need a reliable and affordable agent, pls PM me for contact.

it really depends on luck for reliability of the maid. I am lucky 2nd time round, (1st time was a complete disaster but got free replacement), my myanmese maid speaks and understands English, though not very experienced with babies, she was willing to learn from the Pinoy maid who has experience with babies. All in all, it worked out for us.

Back