Legs Cramps- Any relief remedy?

petiteG

I gotten a super painful leg cramp yesterday night that I dont even dare to move it cos the muscle was so tight and painful with slight movement, and the cramp lasted almost 10 min before it slowly started to ease a bit. (Even the baby inside was woken up by it I think as I have never felt him move so many times and so strongly in that few minutes when the cramp was at its most painful). Anyway the tightness and soreness of the calf muscle is still present till this morning that I am favouring my the other leg.

Any one has any way to ease the cramp or maybe reduce the night cramps? Or was it caused by lacking some nutrients?

Thanks.

Common to have leg cramp during ur preg n u will experience more n more during the end of trimester

point your toes towards your kneecap when that happens. should ease it quite fast. And drink more water - it could be caused by dehydration. HTH.

point your toes towards your kneecap when that happens. should ease it quite fast. And drink more water - it could be caused by dehydration. HTH.

It was really bad the other day that I have problem even stretching out that cramp leg. :(

Drink more water means more toilet breaks. But i think i will choose toilet breaks over cramps any day!

A friend of mine swears that it'll go away immediately if you raise your opposite hand above your head. Meaning right leg, left hand.

Leg cramps are mainly due to lack of calcium. Try increasing your calcium intake by either drinking milk or taking calcium pills. And also try to sleep with your legs elevated abit by putting pillows underneath them.
It helped during my 1st pregnancy.
The cramps can get pretty bad esp during 3rd trimester.

Take care.

Leg cramps are mainly due to lack of calcium. Try increasing your calcium intake by either drinking milk or taking calcium pills. And also try to sleep with your legs elevated abit by putting pillows underneath them.
It helped during my 1st pregnancy.
The cramps can get pretty bad esp during 3rd trimester.

Take care.

I get bloated with milk. So not really drinking it. But since that last serious cramp, I have not encountered one of that intensity (and hopefully it stays away). Now the problem is stiff back cos I can't find a comfy sleeping position..haiz.

Back