Kinderland at Sunshine Place (CCK)

cocomiki

Any mummies send their child to Kinderland? Any comment?

I was thinking of sending my kid there. So dropped by to take a look. During my tour, I was shocked to see that this kindergarten teacher slammed the worksheet on the table and pointed out the kid's mistake. She was rather impatient. And the worst part was my hubby saw her hold on to another child's jaw to make him look at the worksheet. I think the children made some mistakes but I don't think she need to do that to the kid! I talked to the PIC of the branch and he told me he is awared that she is a bit impatience.

Now I am thinking twice whether to send my kid there. After all the fee are not cheap.

Hi Coco

Thanks for sharing. Kinderland at Sunshine Place is actually one of my choices to send my boy to.

Are you looking at any other centres in CCK area? Do you have any recommendations besides Kinderland? I was looking at Learning Vision also but apparently it is more a childcare centre and not so much a playgroup or nursery which I'm looking at.

Hi Kit,

Me too. I am keen to send my kid there and was disappointed to see such thing. I went to take a look at Learning Vision opp Kinderland. But I don't like it.

Hi Kit,
The kinderland at CCK was alright but I do not know what is wrong..just find that the place is not as 'warmth' as I wanted it to be.. and the fees are not ex..that it makes me think, it is just one of the big centre that concentrate on making $. My 21mth son had no problem going to the Sun class..but I find the program abit dead-off though the teacher said it is meant for toddler to do same things every week...Me kind of find it boring thus stop it :p

i am at kinderland in bukit timah... formerly the RTC branch. My gal enjoy it and the teachers are very nice there.

Hi Genki,

Thanks for saring. Is yours the one at Sunshine Place? I didn't know they have Sun class. So is your boy still in pre-nuresery now in any other school? When did you send your boy to pre-nuresery btw?

Hi Kit
Nope..i sent mine to the one at next to CCK Lot 1..My boy is not in any sch now..plan to send him only when he's at least 2.5-3yrs old

Hi abc,

May I know which part of Bukit Timah? Do u have the website? How much is the fee per term over at Bukit timah?

Kit,

I am still looking around.

coco: It is inside hwa chong instituition. At the 3rd level of swimming pool. Not sure if they hv updated the website. U can check? Per mth is $700 (i think)

For whatever kindergarten, i will not consider Kinderland. They never treat their teacher nicely, how do you expect the teacher to treat ur kids as nice?
Heard from a close friend's friend from malaysia that when she went interviewed, the straight away confirm her. But only willing to pay $900. With some reason for the employment pass, they will state $1200 in the application, but only give $900, no allowance, no benefits, you are on your own.
This friend from malaysia is highly qualified, she studied early childhood care in Australia, and got a degree in it.
How dare Kinderland managemnt ask her to cheat on MOM what happen if MOMfound out? They are inconsiderate, i really don't know how they can teach the best out of the kids.
Hopefully the HR/management department are highly unrelated in teaching methods n such.

Hi Winter,

reading from your posts here, I do feel that your friend is under-paid or ill-treated by the school management..

However, that does not means under-paid teachers have the right to treat our kids shabbily. Arn't teachers supposed to be equipped with the basic caring heart for kiddy. This is definitely no reason for them to "ill-treat" other's children just becos they feel they are under-treated / under-paid. She can choose to leave if she feels that she is highly qualified to get a better pay elsewhere.

I wonders nowadays, do teachers treat teaching as a passion for kids or as a career.

Hi mommies,

My kid attends kinderland in Sunshine Plaza (CCK). Recently this principal, Mrs Judy Wong accused me for fetching my kids late from school and talking to me in an impolite way somemore is in front my kids. I'm very angry, wanting to withdraw my kids from the school and requesting for a refund for my next year deposit. Now I have been waiting for the director to call me to give me an explanation why this principal gives me this kind of attitude but till now he still haven't reply me. This is the kind of services that this kinderland is giving.

I thought that Kinderland has reputation and the service that it provides is of course better than those normal kindergarten. Somemore, the school fee that we paid are not cheap at all.

I really disappointed in this school and will not let my younger kids to attend this school.

Hi Dainel
Sorry to hear of your encounter. In fact, I have read about some complaints from forum mummies here about their teachers (eg. rude to kids). This kindergarten is under same operator (ie EQ Learners) as the Child Care Centre at next to Lot 1. The operator is Mrs Neo. I have not spoken to her before but seems she is one who stick to rules, no flexibility.

However, if you wish to transfer, you can transfer to the child care centre. The principal & teachers over there are all very nice.

Hi Caroline3sg,

Thanks for the suggestion. But i dont think i want my kids to attend kinderland anymore especially under EQ Learners management.

This is not the 1st time, i get bad feedbacks from parents. At 1st, i feel that kinderland can provide a good service as it has the reputation but after my own encounter, i really feel disappointed to this centre.

The principal gives me an attitude that my kids are not been welcome.

Thanks caroline3sg. I had already found other alternative.

Saying so much here is just wanting to let my fustration and also let other parents know that what type of services this kind of school is providing. Somemore it doesn't mean that good reputation school can provide a good service and teaching method and the price is really expensive.

Hi Dainel
Which kindergarten did you choose? Is there good kindergarten nearby CCK?

I have no choice but to withdraw my son from Kinderland Child Care because he frequently falls sick. But I can tell you the one next to Lot 1 is good in their curriculum (they say is same as Sunshine Place kindergarten). My son really learns a lot. We still miss this school.

Hi caroline3sg

I'm not going to send my kids in CCK as I'm moving them back to my mother's place(sengkang). Deciding to put them in Soka Kindergarten but no confirm yet.

Are you a SAHM? if yes, do you drive?

Dainel
I am FTWM. I don't drive. I have 2 kids, girl P4 and boy K1. My boy stays with MIL coz St. James Church Kindergarten nearer to her house and no one here in CCK can take care of him. He only comes back during weekends. Though I have more time with my girl on her school work, my boy misses me and his sister very much.

caroline3sg
your situation is same as me. My elder gal is staying with me and my younger gal is staying with my mom.

Next yr, my younger gal is going to preschool too. in order to make both of them be together, my hubby and I decided to move near my parents so that both of them are been taken care by my parents and we are able to bring our gals back home everyday.

kindly give some comments on st james church kindergarten. is it ok? always chant? r u a christian?

Hi Dainel
As told you earlier, Kinderland Child Care is good in their curriculum, now that my son is in St. James Church, I find that he didn't learn as much as in Kinderland.

I can only say St. James is very strong in their concert and maybe character building. My girl was there and last time the admin staff were okay. Now the admin staff are poor in handling queries.

Yes I am a Christian but I don't have time to go Church since last year and hasn't been reading the bible. Very caught up with my girl's school work. She is in RGPS, very high standard, but she is only average student.

We thought of moving house to Clementi to be nearer to NanHua or Henry Park (also not too far from MIL house) but the prices soar too high. I am not willing to move from 5A to 4I and have to pay $80K more.

oic... ya... the price for resale price is really damn high. why do you check out with hdb's website. there is a bi-monthly sale on mature estate, maybe you are able to get it.

wow... you are so lucky to get your gal into RGPS.

But overall you are still near to MIL's place. As for me, I'm from one end to the other end.

why dont you send your boy to maris stella kindergarten? it is located at holland and feedback from this school is very good somemore it has its own premise and have a good environment too.

The block of flats in Clementi that we are looking at just turned 5 yrs. Even though Clementi is matured estate, it is still open market, not direct sale by HDB.

My girl got in RGPS coz I was ex-girl.

I didn't know Maris Stella Kinder is at Holland. Exactly where? My MIL stays at Holland. St. James came straight to our mind coz our girl was there and it is Christian sch though my husband believes in Buddhism. Faith Kinder (just rebuilt) is at Commonwealth, also very near Holland but their web don't look fantastic

Now my headache is to register which sch for my boy next yr. In CCK, have to ballot in De La Salle. I am within 1km. Scary at Phase 2C.

my elder gal is 3 years old. I'm staying in Jurong west and I fetch my gal to and from school everyday.

the price is sengkang is also high but still afforable. it is about 250K-280K for 5 rooms.

every bi-montly hdb will push some mature estates for sale and the price is not as high as open market. you should go and take a look.

maris stella kindergarten is located in holland but the actual location i'm not able to tell coz i'm a blur in direction. you may check it in the website. you should register this school instead of kinderland. heard from one of parents from my gal's classmate that her kids are attending this school and very good feedback from her plus some of the forums(cant remember which forums) also give good feedback.

as for primary school, i'm planning to send my gals to mee toh school or nan qiao primary, maha budhi but all these schools also need ballot so that depend on my luck liao.

oic... but if you want to change his school, you may go and do some reseach on it.

If i'm staying near holland, i will definitely send my gals to the school.

hihi, wonder if there are any playgroups or good childcares you can recommend at cck?

also, can anyone give more info about the kinderland at hwa chong? i'm keen to send my boy there....

I heard that Wharton Junior Academy childcare at the CCK Sports Complex is good. They have 1/2 day kindergarten programme. There is also a Tumbletots playgroup at this Sports Complex. Apple Tree Kindergarten is at the cck centre next to Lot1. If you are looking for montessori preschool, you can try Nurture Cove Montessori at Sunshine Place CCK. Kindergartens/tuition for children with learning difficulties, you can try KITS4KIDS at Sunshine Place, CCK.

Kinderland at sunshine place is franchise centre. Not the main centre.

Keiki
My gal is in kinderland hwa chong. I must say i love it a lot and would let her stay till she is k2. Teachers r very nice. They actually from kinderland @ raffles town club but cos lease is up they shifted to hwa chong. How old is yr boy? My gal is still in the 18mth to 3 year pre-nursery group. They hv 2 teachers but only 6-8 students. Mostly are half day kids. I especially like the teachers and the staff there. Oh another thing, big and spacious!

hi abc, thanks for your post. i actually like the childcare at ngee ann poly but too pricey, so wanted to consider the one at hwa chong. but was worried it's not as good (ie, class size big etc) i'm more reassured by your post. do you mind if i pm u to find out more? my boy's 20mths now.. tinking of putting him there next year...

is the place spacious? and is there big space for outdoor play? coz that was the reason i like the ngee ann poly childcare...

Are mummies still on the topic of kindergartens in CCK area?
Both my kids are in Gracefields Kindergarten- a big compound in Jalan Teck Whye behind the post office...I am quite happy with this kindy as my kids are adjusted well and happy with their classmates and teachers...

Maybe mummies can consider this kindy? But they only have 3 hour progs, its not a childcare centre...

Hi Fairyprincess

Can share with me what's the sch fees like? and how big is the class? and any other information you think its interesting to know. you may pm me if it's not convenient to post here.

thanks

Hi Red Rose,

No prob- school fees are S$250 per month, class size is about 15, with 1 teacher, 1 helper, 1 chinese teacher (she moves between classes)...total student population around 250 (my guess)- two sessions per day: 8:30am or 12 noon for 3 hours each...

I like the school because the compound is huge, lots of space/ playground to run around; the curriculum is quite well structured with teaching/ play etc and I feel the teachers are committed and turnover low...

You can make a trip to check out the school...

hi abc,
do they still hv vacancy for N2? My boy is turning 4yrs next yr. I registered him for St James Church Kindergarten but oso considering Kinderland Hwa Chong.

But my understanding is Kinderland is a childcare.what's major different btw childcare & kindergarten?

how much is kinderland school fees?

i oso heard abt Greentree Montessori, is it located at Hwa Chong as well?

avocado
I tot St James is good?
Anyway childcare means that they will be there for longer time, have lunch there, bath there, nap there.. more time for interaction with kids. They do have half day prog too.
Kinderland school fees is about $750 (i think). That is after subsidized. Before kinderland shifted there is Greentree montesori. However due to poor business, they closed down and kinderland took over. Greentree fees is more ex. $1.2k.
About vacancy i am not sure. y dun u call them and check? But for sure the teachers and staff there are VERY NICE!

avocado
My girl now 10 yrs old, last time she was with St. James. Old location was near Holland Village, I find there better than current location which is opposite Botanic Garden. My boy K1 is there now.

Personally, I feel the office staff not as nice as previous. Now they have a lot of enrichment (ie speech & drama, art, music, science) run by private companies, conducted in the afternoon. Also, there would be english homework but there was none last time.

My son had been to Kinderland but we withdrew him after 2 yrs coz he kept falling sick. If your child's immune system is good, I suggest going Kinderland child care next to Lot 1 (if you are working) but not the Kinderland kindergarten at Sunshine Place (blk 475 CCK) coz a lot of people complain about the principal & teachers although both are under same operator, EQ Learners.

abc,
St james is good but i dislike the location.It is really too far above the hill & transportation is a problem.Though we could arrange for bus for my son, we still prefer to put him somewhere which is nearer to my home.

i am staying just behind hwa chong,5min walk.So very tempted to put him at kinderland.

initially,our plan was to put him at Nanyang Kinder but it was fully booked.

caroline,
ya,i attended the orientation last mth. They were encouraging the parents to send the children to enrichment. But we r not reali keen bcoz i don't wanna load my son wf too many enrichment classes.

Is ur girl is AM/PM class? how well r the teachers handle the children in terms of separation anxiety? I am reali so worried abt my son first few days in school, bcoz he is a shy boy. Furthermore, we could only accompany him for first 2days.

Hi Fairyprincess

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if there is school bus provided? Actually, I am considering St Joseph Kindy or Glory Kindy as well, not sure if it is good. Heard any comments before?

Hi red rose,

Yes, there is school bus, but i am not sure of the charges...

Not sure about the other kindys, maybe you need to make a trip to check it out...

Avocado
My son is there, am session, not my girl. I don't know how well the teachers handle separation anxiety but we just leave him there on his first day after celebrating his birthday. My son knows how to follow a boy (I think his classmate) happen to be in same school bus to his classroom for first 2 days. Then on 3rd day, the boy ran and my son lost track and he cried. He couldn't find his classroom. Later he anyhow walk and saw his classroom. FYI, my boy didn't had orientation coz he joined half way.

I know one teacher June Yong (My girl's K1 teacher) good but left. So far I am exposed to only the English (Sarah) & Chinese (Ivy) teachers. Maths teacher (Aileen) not bad, old staff.

I think you don't have to worry about crying children. According to Jacqueline the principal, the children takes about 1 week to settle down. By second week, there won't be any crying. The more you are around, the more they are cranky. That's why they allow only 2 days for parents to be there. Even those 2 days, my girl's time, I was not visible to her. I walked away and peeped occasionally. But my girl only stick to only 2 people, her left & right friends when in nursery. It was lucky when in K1, the same girl sit next to her. So I told the teacher to let her be since it gave her security.

Hi
hope this thread is still active. I am actually looking for a kindi/cc for my daughter who is 5. She is currently in LV@biopolis but it is kinda far from where we stay - CCK. hv seen Bukit Panjang Methodist Kindi and Wharton Jnr academy. Was thinking of checking out Learning vision and Kinderland at Sunshine Place but... having 2nd thots after readin comments here. any other suggestions? my daughter dislike chinese....one that has a good immersion class for chinese would be good. many thanks

Back