Jurong mummy(ies) / mummy(ies) to be

Hi mummies, I'm a SAHM and my #2 due in Aug. I'm staying at JE st 21. Anyone down this end of Jurong?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello to all jurong mummies. i'm staying at JW st 65, near pioneer station. currently at week 17 but my belly seems unusually big for a first pregnancy... anyone in the same situation?

hello mummy,

I am staying at JW st 61, have a 5yr old girl, 3 yr old boy n expecting a boy in May 2011.. hehe..same as CY.. in the child gender...

really nice 2 noe so many pregnant ladies ard JW ya... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] take care every1...

Hi all mummies to be,

Im also a Jurong West Central 1 mummy to be.. EDD on 11 July 2011.. Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth

Most likely delivering @ TMC

@ baby26, yes i have attended on 15 March Dr. Kee talk.

Glad to meet all the JW mummies and mummies to be...

drink young coconut water 1 month just before your EDD.. drink it once a week..

May,

I also attended... Where u sit?I sat infront of the reception. My next appointment on Tuesday morning. Weeks 38. When ur next appointment?

xinyue, Thanks for advice...

baby26, I sat at the last row sofa seat(in front of Dr. Kee's room). My next appoint on saturday (2nd april) Weeks 37.

Hi babybang2000, yes finally someone in JE side. Even EDD also very close. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Where are you delivering?

hi hi.. i'm staying near pioneer mrt. My EDD in Aug.. Nobody seems to have the same EDD as me.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Agape is childcare or infant care? Is it Agape Uni?

Hello west side mummies n mtb..... M also staying in jw, gave birth to my Bb gal in late feb.

Gynae - I see dr tho at je St 22 there. London clinic. Find him a v careful n experience gynae.

Sad thing is, I have gave up breastfeeding aft 1mth and have the following for sale: 

1) Medela mini elctric plus (preloved) - $100 

2) Medela mini electric (preloved) - $60 

3) Medela milk collection shell (new) - $25 

4) Pigeon breastmilk storage bag (new) - $12 

5) U shape nursing pillow (new) - $25

6) maternity swim wear, L size (new) - $40

PM me if you are interested ya.

Babybunnie - at mt a. Love it a lot. Feels like staying on hotel. Nurses all v helpful n friendly. Confinement food served best!! 2 thumbs up. Rest assured w dr tho. I think he is really gd. Was recommended by my friend n no regrets.

That's great[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So which room type did you choose and how much was your for your maternity package at Mt A?

I choose 2 bedded. Natural w/o epi but vacuum. Don't know how much but hb say Bb n my bill aft medisave claim, pay abt $300+ cash only.

Family issue. My mil do confinement for me. N she is super anti bm. Cos Bb waking hrs not fixed, we can't warm ebm on time. She say us zek ark, torture Bb, make her wait, etc. Keep saying negative things, Bb not full, ebm not fresh, etc.

Somemore, Bb only latch 1 wk but was tough cos I have short nipples. Also, I was forced to drink some herbal thingy that benefits me but I can't latch Bb n must throw my ebm for 3days. Aft that, Bb admit hosp 2 days due to jaundice. So I ended full time pumping. I handle Bb myself most of e time, really tiring n keep missing my pump time due to Bb.

Worst thing is, mil don't allow me open fridge to keep n take ebm, can't touch water to wash my pump parts. Endured her nagging 1 full mth, really can't take it anymore.

Everyday say I so lack of sleep, for wat, she can't cook much for me to eat cos I giving bm, etc etc

Sorry for e long complain message [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

That's y now hope to clear my storage space n if I could help west side mummies save some $ since my items r pretty new.

You must be having a hard time enduring. At the same time, think positively...your mil meant well but somehow her actions was misinterpreted.

Babybunnie - yes I know she meant well for me. Want to make sure my confinement is done properly. But I want best for Bb. Anyway, din want to put hb in tough position that's y choose to stop. Worry we both depression. Haha

How many wks r u at now?

Can understand how you feel, I also dont like naggy ppl ard me or those who keep telling me old wives' tales.

I'm 26 wks pregnant now.

Babybunnie - is this ur 1st child? 26 wks so u enjoying e Bb kicking now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

West side mummies - may I check if there are any gd pd in our area? Can advice? How is kidslink at jurong east? Anyone tried?

Hi hi, I am into my 28th week and am staying in Jurong West St 64. My EDD should be in around mid June and still waiting for my next appointment to fix my c-sec date. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Won_mummy,

Kidslink always long Q leh... I heard the PD so so nia... Just heck with my current gynae... He said there is 1 in JP... Maybe can check it out? Check liao tell me k... Me quarantine now coz confinement... Cannot go out... Haa haa haa...

If u dun mind price abit higher (to me lar), u can go JE central... Alpha baby... Dr. Agnes... I find good n nice... Btw, I compare her with my previous PD in SK... So dunno is it my previous PD fee cheap or she is really a bit more ex...

Hi fallingflakes,

U also in TMC? Me also..can i ask what do they provide when bb pop out? so that i know what to prepare for...

Jojo,

They provide bb cloth, mitten, receiving blanket for bb..

Balance of diaper for u to bring home, diaper cream, alcohol gauge for cord, & some free sample...

Hi Mummies,

I'm 30 weeks & staying JW st 61. I would b delivering @ Mt A. Any one has lobang to have a confinement nanny at $1.5k?

Hi All,

am staying at Jurong, near Boon Lay Mrt.. =)

Have a 17 mths bb and planning for second one.. was hoping for a dragon baby.. but v confused on whether can get one anot..

if can conceive ard end apr, then all the online due date predictor gives the due date as prior to the CNY 2012.. hmm..

Oh yar, for our bb, we bring to Dr Anne Baby Clinic, forgot the full name..

find her to be quite ok and the jabs wise are priced pretty reasonably, for a PD to administer the jabs.. =)

won_mummy: best not to give up on bfg, coz once ya really gave up, then the supply'd dropped real fast.. if ya wanna get back the ss, tis v v tough..

for me, I din get to bf too, coz bb din want to.. plus I din have any CL, then MIL cooks and brings over.. so if she decided to do her marketing at some faraway places, like bugis, redhill etc, my breakfast can come so so late or it'll come together with lunch..

then when I cldnt fin both the breakfast and lunch, she'd say that am not hungry, then in the later part of the confinement, proper breakfast stopped coming.. in return, I was eating prata, mac breakfast and all the chapalang stuffs.. sigh.. think it's really unhealthy, but nt much of a choice..

plus I looked aft bb on my own throughout the 4 mths of Maternity Leave, then real shagged as bb's super clingy.. so I decided to give up bfg since bb doesnt seem to like ebm and relishes on the fm.. but aft tt when bb went to infantcare and fell sick so very often, I kinda regret tt hw come I didn't persevere.. sigh.. but anw, it's v ez for them to catch stuffs like the flu bug and all at the infantcare.. so also dunno how much my ebm will help, even if bb wanted to drink.. =p

Dear MTB,

anyone have Dr Kee from Jurong point Clinic?

I am 7 weeks and still looking around for a gynae..

Any recommendations?

hi all,

i'm also a jurong west mummy.

i have 2 sons, a 2-yr old and a newborn (April baby).

for PD, i used to bring my son to Dr Anne Chong at Anne Baby... now i found alternative, Dr Agnes Tay at Alpha Baby in Jurong East Central. both i find ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rgding bfing, i agree with much_needed_Zzz... try not to give up on bfing is possible... i only bf my first son for 2.5mths. i didn't have much choice at that time cos supply was really pathetic and my son was not co-operative to suckle. he is a very impatient boy who wants milk immediately, so no patient to suckle...

for my second son, i am now still trying to bf him successfully. at the moment, i still need to supplement him with fm, but looking forward to the day when i can give him bm totally... i hope this day comes soon!

Hihi jtho,

Same as me, my bb also dun like to latch then will grimace if I give what ever little ebm that I can get, so in the end, I gave up, kinda regret tho, partly coz the excess weight's still stuck with me and another's coz din get the experience the feel of having fed bb with my ebm..

sigh, shall try on the second child.. but worried tt my supply may be low for the second child too.. coz for my 1st bb, supply's super low.. only 60ml per day..sigh..

Hi All,

I have delivered an April Fool bb gal. Hee Hee... Cannot forget her birthday liao.

As I have the tendency to puke during labour, no choice, I opt for epidural. It does provide me relief and my labour pain is about 20% after the jab. I have 2 dosages of epidural til my left leg numb and cannot lift up to push the bb. Hahahhaaa... It is a unforgettable experience. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Helllo.. all.. I m from jurong west st 65.. inbetween pioneer mrt and Boon lay mrt.. jus 10weeks now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] 1st timer.

Hi all,

I'm new here. Staying at JW Central 1 & gave birth to a boy on 23 Mar 2011 at TMC.

Thanks all for your sharings and i would like to share mine:

I was very clear I want to breastfeed my son when he's born. However, he didn't latch properly during the 3D stay at TMC and also because I was nervous and anxious. The latactionist visited me for 2 days, kept telling me to relax. Guess I just didn't hear her.

I continue trying to breastfeed my son when back and ended up with sore nipples over the 8 days period. I had no choice but to feed him formula and just kept trying whenever the soreness went away. Like some of you, I too felt sad and depressed why I am unable to breastfeed my son; how come my supply is so low; why my nipples are always sore etc. I even went to TMC Parentcraft 4 times for help because i still refused to give up. During this period, I breastfed irregularly and didn't pump out the milk (which I felt was a big mistake). TMC Parentcraft recommended that I breastfeed for max 20min per breast and then top up with supplement till my supply increases. They also kept assuring me that my son latches on proper, it's my anxiousness that is eating me up.

My son is almost 8 weeks soon and I feel my supply has decreased drastically. During the initial stages, I could manage max 50ml, now.... I'm prob at less than 10ml per breast. Though sad I just kept accumulating my milk daily. I have been drinking lots of fluid, milk, green papaya soup and taking the Fernugreek supplement. A wonderful girlfriend has even given me her excess breast milk to feed my son. Another friend kept reminding that I must persist to breastfeed and to pump after each feed (which is something I didn't do previously and I was also lazy to pump in the early days).

I now breastfeed my son 2-3times a day and the rest through formula milk. I have to say I'm lucky that my son has no issues with breast and bottle. I would like to continue breastfeeding for as long as i could, any recommendations what else I need to do? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that supply will increase soon and I don't need to rely on formula.

Hi, I am new here. Staying at Boon Lay Drive (near rivervalley high sch). Glad to know that there are so many JW mummies.

I am 30 wks now. EDD mid Jul for my first bb.

I also hope i can bf her but still have the fear in me that I cant do it. My mom keeps telling me that she nv bf me, so likely i cant bf. Also, i have hired a CL, but i hear a lot of things about different style of CL and most of them do not encourage bf as they find it tedious n troublesome to wake up. They find bottle feed fast and easy. Haiz, i am now unsure if I can really tide through the confinement when the times comes...

Hi Tracy,

Ur hired ur CL thru agency or open market? Did u spoken to the CL that u wish to bf? I did that before I engage her service... So no issue at all...

Mummies,

Need help here... Am looking for a day time nanny from Jul onwards. She must be pro-bf as in she wiling to warm up milk n open to the idea of bf coz I know most of the old folks think bf is a pain (short feeding interval & warm up is troublesome blah blah blah....)

Do pm me if u know any? TIA!

Back