IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Babes, you know that we have to buy great eastern insurance for ivf in local. Do any of you still buy anymore insurance to cover the 36weeks pregnancy?

Hi,

For those of us who conceived thru IVF, we can only buy pre-natal insurance from AIA. Recently, AXA seems to have something that includes IVF preganacies too. I'm in my 15th week and the plan can only be bought from 16th week onwards. More for a safety net in case of complications during childbirth.

Have faith in your doc and yourself... Jia you!

Sisters who have been thru their baseline scans for fresh cycle at KKH, can share with me if the scan reading is based on AFC (follicles counts) or sizes of follicles huh...

The sonographer read out accordingly: Lining 5, Right 4 and Left 3? (with question mark) and she ended with that's all.

I did ask how many follicles are there but she just smile and say that's not important now.

How do I interpret the reading? Don't want to be too anal abt this but in my case whether it's follicles count or sizes make a difference ya. TIA

Sisters who have been thru their baseline scans for fresh cycle at KKH, can share with me if the scan reading is based on AFC (follicles counts) or sizes of follicles huh...

The sonographer read out accordingly: Lining 5, Right 4 and Left 3? (with question mark) and she ended with that's all.

I did ask how many follicles are there but she just smile and say that's not important now.

How do I interpret the reading? Don't want to be too anal abt this but in my case whether it's follicles count or sizes make a difference ya. TIA

I remember that she'll start with the follicles count on each side first before stating the size of each follicle for the follow up scans.

During baseline, I think it is just to check if the lining and ur ovaries r ready for the stimulation. I don't rem the sonographer reading out the size of follicle. The numbers doesn't really matter now cos after stimulation, the number will increase.

It means u have 4 afc on the right and 3 or so on the left, but she can't see for sure.

It has nothing to do w size at this stage. Your count is pretty good. More will probably appear as you start stims. Don't worry!

I remember that she'll start with the follicles count on each side first before stating the size of each follicle for the follow up scans.

During baseline, I think it is just to check if the lining and ur ovaries r ready for the stimulation. I don't rem the sonographer reading out the size of follicle. The numbers doesn't really matter now cos after stimulation, the number will increase.
I don't really bother what sonographer say... Lol... Got once she say dunno wat left hazy... You only did scan on Mense day 2... Still got many days for follicles to grow after all the injections.. Don't worry.

Hi,

For those of us who conceived thru IVF, we can only buy pre-natal insurance from AIA. Recently, AXA seems to have something that includes IVF preganacies too. I'm in my 15th week and the plan can only be bought from 16th week onwards. More for a safety net in case of complications during childbirth.
Thanks for the info... I will go read more.

Hi,

Hi Shinkirou

I can't seem to find the AXA plan you mentioned that can cover ivf pregnancy. Could u point me to that too. Thanks

Hi Sista, i just collected my jabs today. The nurse asked me to go back for scan only on Day 10. Is this normal? I thought forum sister mentioned there should be a scan on day 5.

Hi Sista, i just collected my jabs today. The nurse asked me to go back for scan only on Day 10. Is this normal? I thought forum sister mentioned there should be a scan on day 5.
I think it depends on your regime. For me, it's D1 scan + BT, D3 scan, D9 scan again. Then don't know when liao. Cos hvnt reach that stage yet.

For me, after my baseline scan on CD2, I will go back for scan on CD8. Anyhow, I was told to take orgalutran on Sat for 3 days and only start stim with Gonal-F and Saizen tmr which is like CD5!? I see most sisters start stim on CD2 itself.

For me, after my baseline scan on CD2, I will go back for scan on CD8. Anyhow, I was told to take orgalutran on Sat for 3 days and only start stim with Gonal-F and Saizen tmr which is like CD5!? I see most sisters start stim on CD2 itself.
Im the same as you. That is orgalutran for 3 days then gonal F 200 only.. they never give me saizen

Becos i have PCOS so AMH is on the high side according to THH. Just hope we will all be ok. This is just an emotional ride...
Don't worry, I have PCOS and a small cyst on my right and yes, lining that struggles to reach 8mm too. I guess, the right medication and perseverance work wonders. I had my fears and doubts and I often search for answers via forum and google, but hey, you ladies will definitely make it and bring home a cute bouncing baby!

Oic... No wonder so far I read that KKH does not check for E2 reading at all. My fren was telling me E2 reading is very important
why is important? do u know the reason?
i have blood test for estrogen & progesterone on CD2 as well.. CD2 is my 1st scan, they said i have 3 follicles on right, 2 on left, biggest one is 9.5, lining at 3.8. They asked for urgent blood test coz i have big follicle, so i was waiting there for 1hr to get the result and finally approved by thh and confirmed i can start my ivf.. and i started to jab gonal f from CD2-5, 200IU per day.. today is my CD5, i will have my 2nd scan on tomorrow..

Hi.. would you mind if i check with you which day did you go down to collect the jabs/med ? DAY2 OR 3 ?

Hi Shinkirou

I can't seem to find the AXA plan you mentioned that can cover ivf pregnancy. Could u point me to that too. Thanks

Hi,

My hb's AXA agent told me that it's under the new Family Advantage plan. You can check with their agents. I haven't really spoken to her abt it though. It's not a stand-alone plan. Either u or ur hb must have policies with them I think. I personally do not have policies with AXA. I am more inclined to go for AIA since I have policies with them. The older AXA plan Mum Advantage doesn't include IVF.

Hi,

My hb's AXA agent told me that it's under the new Family Advantage plan. You can check with their agents. I haven't really spoken to her abt it though. It's not a stand-alone plan. Either u or ur hb must have policies with them I think. I personally do not have policies with AXA. I am more inclined to go for AIA since I have policies with them. The older AXA plan Mum Advantage doesn't include IVF.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I left a message through their website for an AXA agent to call me a few days ago but haven't heard from anyone yet. Damn slow. The AIA Family First which allows for IVF is a rider meaning we will need to buy their main policy for the bb, but the hospitalisation n congenital illness coverage is v low. Hopefully I can find something better.

I'm going for my 2nd fresh..failed my last FET in Mar..abit sian having to go through the whole process again, but at the same time also excited! Hope this fresh cycle will yearn more good quality eggs for me! :)
Let's make it happen!! Remember to eat more protein to have better quality yield!

Let's make it happen!! Remember to eat more protein to have better quality yield!
Yep, should eat more protein from now onwards..by the way, when roughly is your cycle starting in Sept? Mine should be around mid Oct..u already have a child from the last IVF cycle? Probably short intro of yourself, towkayneo?

Yep, should eat more protein from now onwards..by the way, when roughly is your cycle starting in Sept? Mine should be around mid Oct..u already have a child from the last IVF cycle? Probably short intro of yourself, towkayneo?
I think should be end Sep once menses start. Yup, already have a son from the last cycle and now trying for another baby :)
Hmm, lost a Fallopian tube due to ectopic pregnancy in 2012 and removed the other one cos it was affecting the results of the IVF (kept BFN until realised the cause could be the tube) and got a BFP. Have tried everything from western & western medicine, praying and sorts to get a baby prior to this.

Dear ladies, any of u is under Dr THH from IVF till delivery? Or IVF under him but switch to other gynae after IVF. Hope u don't mind to share your experience, thx!

Dear ladies, any of u is under Dr THH from IVF till delivery? Or IVF under him but switch to other gynae after IVF. Hope u don't mind to share your experience, thx!
Hey joey, i was with under THH from IVF till delivery, experience with him was quite pleasant. He's that kind who is very reassuring and warm. Only downside is he's very busy, very hard to reach him if you have extra Q to ask.

Hey joey, i was with under THH from IVF till delivery, experience with him was quite pleasant. He's that kind who is very reassuring and warm. Only downside is he's very busy, very hard to reach him if you have extra Q to ask.
Hi, thx for prompt reply. Ya I do agree he is very busy, so most of the time the consultation is very short & don't really got chance to ask more ques. I'm sort of start exploring whether to switch to other gynae in KKH.

I think should be end Sep once menses start. Yup, already have a son from the last cycle and now trying for another baby :)
Hmm, lost a Fallopian tube due to ectopic pregnancy in 2012 and removed the other one cos it was affecting the results of the IVF (kept BFN until realised the cause could be the tube) and got a BFP. Have tried everything from western & western medicine, praying and sorts to get a baby prior to this.
Hihi, i had 2 ectopic on different tube. 1 tube is removed. Now i just started ivf, may i ask why does the existing tube affect ivf?

Hihi, i had 2 ectopic on different tube. 1 tube is removed. Now i just started ivf, may i ask why does the existing tube affect ivf?

My remaining tube secreted fluid which is toxic for the embryos. Even if implantation is successful, the fluid will "kill" the embryos. I was lucky cos during the scan, they detected the fluid, hence I was given the option to leave it, wait and see or remove it. I chose to remove it. The next month, BFP~~

http://www.advancedfertility.com/hydrosalpinx.htm

Hi, thx for prompt reply. Ya I do agree he is very busy, so most of the time the consultation is very short & don't really got chance to ask more ques. I'm sort of start exploring whether to switch to other gynae in KKH.
Just be thick-skinned and ask whatever Q you have...he cannot possibly ask you to go out w/o having your doubts cleared.

He's one of the friendliest and most popular around, so if you don't get to ask more Q with him, not sure if other gynaes will :p

Hi,

I'm currently seeing Dr Tan for my pregnancy after IVF. He is a doctor who will only recommend things that he feel is necessary. And if u have any questions, u can just ask him. Even if he seems very busy, he will answer those questions.

I'll usually prepare the questions I wana ask him before my appointment with him. Then after my ultra-sound scan, I'll just tell him I have a few things that I would like to check with him.

I think most obstetricians are also very busy, even the private ones. So if u dun ask questions, they will also keep the appointment short after checking the necessary.

My remaining tube secreted fluid which is toxic for the embryos. Even if implantation is successful, the fluid will "kill" the embryos. I was lucky cos during the scan, they detected the fluid, hence I was given the option to leave it, wait and see or remove it. I chose to remove it. The next month, BFP~~

http://www.advancedfertility.com/hydrosalpinx.htm

Hi towkayneo,
Can you let me know wht scan you have done that it is able to detect fluid? As i have a suspected right blocked tube and i had a chemical pregnancy and lost my twins @ 5+ weeks for my both tries.
Therefore i really want to be prepared myself for my final try.

Back