IVF Mummies

I find that as kids grow older, I find more time for myself, & me more nagging, every now & then got to tell him wat can do wat cannot do. Now he can play by himself so I can also do my own things.Last time when I talk to him he may not understand me so somehow I talk less too... They definitely will sleep less,probably once a day around 1-3 hours.
So it depends on individual kids....some are more playful then u need more energy to look after them.

Hui,
happy.gif
it must be heartwarming to hear him call his meimei. i supposed u r kept busy by #1, so time flies!

LY, hmm...do u all use play pen or play yard to stop them from crawling/walking all over the house? is it effective? nowadays, i get so tired going after 2 of them.
sad.gif

LY, now they also crawl all over the house. but happened a few times when I alone taking care of both of them. when one tries to do something dangerous like holding to unsecure stuff to stand, i just look over to hold him/her, the next second other twin will get herself/himself into trouble too. then accident happens lor!
sad.gif

dawn,
glad u r back
happy.gif
must be a good trip
happy.gif
did u managed to buy what u want? nowadays, it's so unpredictable - money, banks, investments, milk powder etc, let alone weather....
sad.gif

LY & Hui,
i watched that program too.... most kids are so cute!!! but some cried too.... esp face-to-face with the 2 MCs, was laughing at the 2 hosts, trying so hard to make bb laugh or smile....
happy.gif

Hui,
Jovial knows how to say meimei.... so smart... my boy did not even want to, very lz.... only knows how to say "T", short for MRT..... must be excited to see ur princess now tt u r in 35weeks.... me already counting down to my edd - 28 Dec.... hahahaha

Rae,
happy.gif
nice trip...could have gone to more places if not trapped by the typhoon, but exchange for experience also good. *Sigh* u r right, everything is so unpredictable nowadays....look at the US market.
sad.gif

Dawn,
ture leh.. biz with #1 till i uneven talk to the one inside me :D

Rae,
ya lor.. the 2 MCs so funi :D.. duno when #2 coming out leh. if she also come out liao #1 37 weeks will be 14 Oct leh.. but now no sign of labour yet onli abit back SNG..

hui,

i think #2 pregnancy is always fast cos u already know what to expect..furthermore, like u said, u are pre-occupied with taking care of 1st born. Why u need 'front button clothes' ? For confinement/breastfeeding ? Cant use back your old ones ?

Rae,

wow..ur EDD also coming fast..

Dawn,

Ya..accidents are common. Even me looking after 1, my girl dunno hit on her head how many times aleady. And almost everytime is when she is in my care, not my mum's! Last count is 7 or 8 times ? Sometimes its adult's fault but sometimes its the child..

Now my girl can walk and run quite well, i tend to close one eye, like what LY said. But still, before I know it, she climb up then slipped etc. Still draining to take care...haha

hui, i also bought button front gown. but later my fren passed me all her nursing wear, i find it much more convenient to breast feed.
happy.gif
personal preference i suppose. hmmm....back unusually sng is sign of labour? hee hee..

stumbledby, aiyoh...then no way i can try to avoid ah...*headache* i think last time we not so problematic one rite? haha...last time children more docile? hee hee...

stumbled_by, u r so rite! when the primary ones come into school nowadays, at least 3/4 of the class is hyperactive, all v talkative, wants to walk around, alot of things to say....compared to 10 yrs ago when i started teaching, only 1 or 2 per class.
happy.gif
wonder how it will be like when it is our kids' turn! haha

dawn,

u teach Pri 1 class since day 1 ? I thot Pri 1 classes is reserved for 'motherly teachers' or teachers who are mothers. At least this is the impression I get from relatives/frens who are pri sch teachers.

stumbled_by, only my first yr teaching, taught pri 1, cos posted to school in May after graduating from NIE so no vacancy except Pri 1. ya, usu for motherly teachers but if not enuff teachers in school, young teachers also kena. haha...they drove me crazy, i still prefer upper primary which i have been teaching these 10 yrs.

dawn,

wow..must be super challenging for u to teach a pri 1 class as a newbie teacher. Luckily u survived your '7th year itch'...haha

stumbled_by, haha ya...i m sure all jobs have their 7th yr itch! i think with the addition of our own kids, it may be more challenging to put 100% effort/energy in our job liow. sigh....last time can work n work n work....no need to worry so much about family. how do u all cope with kids + job? i returning to work next monday....
sad.gif

Hihi..

Read hui's blog, izzit her Great-grandma passed away??? Thats y Din see her around lately...

Btw...Ryan just won in baby show last sunday...Check out my blog...

dawn,

lucky for me, my work is usually quite managable. so coping with motherhood n work isnt much of a big deal. the main challenge is bringing up an active n self-opinioned daughter :p

LY,

ya, i always read your blog. cos not too many words and pictures, quite easy to read (in office :p). Plus u write the blog from your son's perspective ! Haha..I noticed you like to take part in baby's competition. This one seems more based on health, rather than 'performance' ?

Fr your blog, i went into Hui's blog, what u guess seems true.

stumbled by,
U working already?
Haha...My son loves to play with kids & go gai gai... Usually, on weekend, we try to bring him out window shopping & let him run abt in shopping area, especailly those kiddy area...is his fav... we love seeing his joy & smile when he is outside...very different from at home...
Thats y whenever he woke up & saw his daddy at home , he will smile happily...
Actually going for bb show is kind of activity for him too....he really enjoy himself there... If lucky can get prize too...haha....this year I hardly spend money on diaper...
This time based on health & performance too...

Ya...din see her lately on forum...dunno pop already?

LY,

I resumed working since my girl was 5months+ old, so i have been working for more than 1 year already..

The problem with bringing my girl out for shopping is that she doesnt like to sit in stroller, but she cant walk too long distance. End up, need to carry her. But sometimes she want to run here and there, so we chase her around the shopping mall like mad :p Your boy no such problem ?

Ya..i read in another fren's blog that IMM has indoor playground - so nice! Too bad i live the opposite side of the island, too far to go IMM.

wow..this year u hardly spend on diapers ?? U train your son for potty already ? My mum started training but she oesnt like sitting on potty. But actually every morning she will poo..

oh dear, hope Hui is coping well....
sad.gif

wow dawn, u hv been teaching for 10yrs!!! must b very patient teacher.... i ct even survive 2-3yrs itch, let alone 7yrs... LOL

stumbled by,

The diaper he won can last him very long....At home he dun wear diaper unless he sleep. He dun wet himself while sleeping...
Ya he run abt in shopping mall & we will have to chase after him. But after awhile he will feel tired & sit quietly in his pram...follow by falling asleep in the pram.

LY, u must have won alot of diapers!!!!
happy.gif

Rae, sometimes depends on luck also, see what kind of class/duties/responsibility the school gives u. so far i have been quite blessed with good classes most of the time, so quite ok. u were teaching too?

stumbled_by, hmmm....hope can balance work life with family ...*sigh* otherwise considering to resign.

Dawn,
ya...Still left alot of diaper...trying the clear the small size first.

Rae,
I saw my son face on the trailer of the super tots for next wed 830pm show...haha...but not sure will see him appear on tv or not.

LY, wow...i must try to remember to watch the show....channel what? nowadays i barely have time to watch tv.
sad.gif

LY,
WOW!Saw your son's face on TV. At 1st still not sure, now pretty confirm after reading your post here.

Jeni,
Think I may have to postphone my transfer to next year. cos quite a bad news to me, that after my sono test, found there is a band in my uterus that may affect implantation, and after seeing DR confirmed need to go for day surgery
sad.gif
this month.
sad.gif

Though cannot be with you the same month which I really hope to.... I really hope you can make it and you always ahead of me...Jiayou !!Must keep us update your progress ok
happy.gif

hi stacy, jeni and dawn

I'm new at this forum. Recently thinking of going for IVF treatment as we have been trying for coming 3 yrs without good news.

We have consultated a gyne at TMC, done some tests and found out that my hb is the cause of us not being able to have a baby. So he suggested IVF.

I have a friend that went through IVF and have given birth to a pair of twins this yr. She recommened Dr Loh SF from KK. I was wondering is that the same Dr Loh the three of you visited?

How was he? Heard he is very busy to answer many questions and the nurses there are not very helpful and friendly is that so?

Need yr advise.

Hi! Dini,
Yeah you are right.Three of us successfully conceived with the assistance of same Dr Loh.
I'm not so lucky! Though I succeed on my 1st try, many hiccups in the prcoess and I lost one of my twins, now having problem when trying to do FET.
As for whether Dr is busy, I agreed since he has promoted. There are more patients seeing him and sometimes he can be veri, veri busy. Consultation can be very short... But so far, he has answered to all our emails and he also took initiative to make arrangement for me to see psychatric when I had a traumatic time during my last pregnancy and later I decided not to go.He is helpful, but dun talk much..Maybe my other buddies have some different experience.

Stacy, hope ur surgery will increase success rate of FET. I will be praying for you, jia you ok?

Dini, yes 3 of us under Dr. SF Loh. agree that he is super busy. sometimes i get quite impatient/tired waiting to see him for consultation as it can be 1 to 2 hours (i have tried marking almost 20 scripts of compositions waiting for him!), then we go in for consultation will be 5 to 10 mins oni. but he is a very good doc lor, nurses say that he has the magic touch for IVF....so u will be in good hands if under him.
happy.gif
my c section done by him was so fast that i m amazed...and my wound healed so nicely that the line is quite invisible! feel free to clear ur doubts with us...we r here to help!

Gals, me tomolo returning back to school to work liow....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
depressed man!!!!!!!!

dawn,
Thanks!
happy.gif

Tomolo returing to work? Sure you will miss your kids, but at least you have your own space and career. Not like me everyday coping at home and dun have time for myself..Now look at mirror, I've become a complete "Ah Soh".
sad.gif

dawn, i dun hv patient to teach so not a teacher
happy.gif
tink i will not survive a day!!! LOL

LY, really.... did not notice... will watch it this Wed
happy.gif

stacy, take a step at a time..... go for surgery if nec and nurse ur health back so that u can start FET once recovered
happy.gif
all the best and tink +ve
happy.gif

dini, my gynae is not Dr Loh but he did my ET (embroy transfer) when my gynae was on vacation and deep in my heart, i was happy that he did it instead of my gynae cos the ladies here said he had magic touch and i tink he has!!!
happy.gif
i dare not put too much hope as the success rate is not very high in S'pore so took it easy but who knows.... strike on 1st try.

But, i do not mean to put too much hope on you cos it really really depends on individual, some r lucky, others r not. So go with open mind & heart, dun give urself too much stress, take leave after ET if need be....discuss with ur hubby if this is wat both of u want. It will be very stressful on u, esp as need injections daily. Nevertheless, good luck & all the best.
happy.gif

hi ladies, hope to join you gals here..my hb and i will be taking up IVF cos of some health issues.

may i know the procedure and what will i be in for?

thanks in advance!

Hui, big congrats!!! ur gal so cute...and jovial looks like a loving kor kor liow!

Rae, forgot to ask u your hubby signed any consent forms for ET?

Stacy, yes miss them but just a bit oni. maybe cos they 9 months plus liow...i also used to go out twice every week to run errands/meet up with frens/shopping without them so quite ok so far.
Aiyoh, i agree with u stay at home really will become ahsoh one...i look so aunty that past 2 weeks i quickly go and cut new hairstyle, jog,facial buy new clothes...otherwise go back confirm pple think i have aged 10 yrs!

Hi Ladies,
sorry, I have been missing in action. Have been busy with school and my son was down with bronchitis. However, he has recovered and everything is over now for my school. So, here I am.

First of all,
Stacy,
don't worry... even though we can't start together, we probably be together in this at different stage if we are both lucky, so there is still hope. At the moment, just go through the whole process and get youself back to good health first, ok? Will keep you in prayers... Good luck!
1818875.gif

Dawn,
did you go for PSLE marking or you missed it? I agree about the ah soh thingy and I think, I have become one too as have no time to attend to myself... Haiz...

Hui, congrats on the arrival of your little princess!

Dini,
Dr Loh is good and friendly. Anyway, you don't have to have a long consultation if you don't have any concern. However, if you have any, he would be more than happy to answer yours. So the length of your consultation will depend on how many concerns you have. He is straight forward and does not nag! I remembered last time when I gave birth, he was on leave. I asked him on my last appointment about what's going to happen if I happened to give birth and he's not around. He told me to call the nurse to get him back to KK. Indeed, he came back to help me to deliver my baby. And yes, I got pregnant with the 1st try of IVF/ICSIS under him.

Chris,
IVF/ ICSIS consist of lots of injections, medications, scanning, ER (eggs retrival, which is the most painful for me but not at all for others), ET (eggs transfer, which is my most favourite part of the whole process as painless) and the risk of getting hyper stimulation. You will have to go through blood tests and counselling before you can embark on it. You need to have a positive attitude (the 'never say die' attitude) in order to go through it. You will have that attitude if you really yearn for a child.

hui, she looks so gal gal....
happy.gif
hey, got dimples!!!!!!!!!!!

LY, i din watch the show !!!
sad.gif
i remembered but the twins were fussing and fussing n i had to pat them to make them sleep. by the time they zzzzzzzzz..........the show already ended liow!
sad.gif

jeni, i went back last monday, so psle marking was going on half way, i went back to school to clear my table and to see what the P wants me to do lor. ur marking all over liow ah?

chris, jeni is right....."must never say die" attitude is v impt during the IVF journey! wouldnt have made it through if not for encouragment by forum gals!

Congrats Hui! She's look japanese!
happy.gif
and ver alert too....

LY, i watched the programe..... ur boy looks cute...
happy.gif

dawn, actually i ct rem leh....jialat...lost my memory... :p

Hi Hui,

Congrats. Your little darling looks so sweet...

Rae,
You are next to pop. When is your due in Dec early or late?? Do you still carry your boy??

Rae, it is ok. me will call up kkh and ask! hee hee. when r u going to pop?

Jolene...yours is near CNY is it? how does it feel, 2nd time preggy?

Hui, no lah....gal gal.
happy.gif
how's ur confinement? mum helping u or getting external help?

thanks dawn,
actually i researched a little after and found that there's this newer and safer IVM instead of IVF. But as hb is not ok to travel long journeys now as he's just finished wif chemo, so we might make an appointment wif the doc after when he's better.
happy.gif

Hui, your bb is so cute, with dimples and lots of hair
happy.gif
I was completely bald when i was a bb way up to when i was 3 or 4 years! And my poor mum had to buy a collection of caps and hats for me..haha

hui,

congrats! latch on, latch on - this is the key to success in bf..After my 'failure' i find that nothing beats direct nursing.

LY,

I taped and watched the program. Not bad eh, he got the limelight..heehee.. but the stunts they asked bb to do is indeed more suitable for those 2+years old. If my gal were to take part, I think she cant make it also.

Hui,
Your gal looks very adorable & chubby there in the pic.Her hair look like cut & paste de..hahaha...

Dawn,
too bad...thou I got a copy of the show taped by a friend, but I dunno how to resize the video, if not I can upload in my blog to show u.

rae, stumbled by,

He looks blur blur de in the clip...
He laugh at himself when he see himself fell down in the show...

stumbledby, i agree that direct latch on is the best....sigh, but being 1st time mum i was so insecure, preferring to pump so that i know what is the amt.
sad.gif
only when my pump broke down (which was a blessing in disguise) then the supply went up...cos have to keep latching them!!!

LY, nvm, maybe they will to a replay?
happy.gif
what stunts did they ask the baby to do?

chris, what is ivm? i never heard b4....new thing?

Dawn,
My MIL doing confinement for me.. eat till very sian liao.. duno wat to eat.. haiz

Chris,
Thanks.. i was surprise to see her hair so much coz #1 no hair :D

Stumbled by,
didnt latch on.. she bitting my nipple..
sad.gif

LY,
haa.. alot ppl say like wearing wig..keke

dawn & jolene,

last check-up on Sat, EDD is 25 Dec but hv a feeling, it will be early
happy.gif

hui,

ur boy sayang his mei mei? is he jealous?

LY,

he looks big for his age..... my boy skinny type but tall... pple thot he's 3YO...

Back