IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Gan,

They have those infant tops with buttons. In fact, they have more designs with buttons than tie. I find the prices are affordable.

Bing,

Really? You will be at ADC before that? I will also be at ADC. My appt is 845am. I have glucost test in the morning then followed by my appt at 1030+ at Clinic D. I need to fast the night before.

How come you are not doing your scan in Dr Loh's clinic?

Like you, i also bought those 0-3 or 0-6, but my mum really find it big. So I went HDB shop at whampoa to buy those tie front opening. Lucky only $1.90. Otherwise, how to buy a dozen back.. LOL. When I went home, after comparison, I realised what my mum mean.. LOL. Those that I bought are really kinda big.. LOL.

Thanks for your "warning" on the zipper. I will take note when it is my turn to wash. It is now lying in the storeroom. We haven't done any washing yet.

The address is Blk 82 Whampoa Drive. It is first or second shop if you are coming from the whampoa hawker centre or NTUC (Blk 80).

Hello.. Just to share.. I put bb's bathtub on top of the covered toilet bowl & bathe him sitting on a stool. To get hot water, take from shower head. To pour, just pour into basin, all within reach. But got to wrap bb in towel, carry him out to change.

working wife, have you been to the one at Blk 722 amk? almost similar. except pricing is slightly cheaper in whampoa. but i wouldnt buy any milk bottles or those for consumables there loh... cos not air-conditioned.. and i dunno how long they have kept there.

when u have time, can also check out those stalls in chinatown. i m sure they do sell.. i m just lazy to go chinatown.

Hi all,

Just went for gynae visit on sat and my girl weighs 1.1kg at 28 weeks..
happy.gif

Panda,
Sorry have not transferred u the $ yet. Will do it later during lunch k.. My elder girl has been down with fever, flu and cough over the weekend. Hai~ So headache. Oh, I ask Dr Tan abt pelvic pain on sat, she told me it might be the posture leh. Ask me to wear a belt. Just nice the tummy belt came handy..
happy.gif
So far so god, no pain liao.had been feeling the pain on fri and sat. But now seems ok. Dunno is it cos I rested enug on sat and sun so the pain went off or is it the belt..

Gan, wa.. done with cot shopping le arh.. good good.. one thing less to worry.

Faith,
Is your massage lady good? I have not gotten mine leh. Thinking of getting one. Can you pass me her contact? She will go to our place de right? She uses jamu or something is it? I am already 28 weeks. Thinking of doing massage too leh. cos lately my legs have started to experience cramps le.. So tot massage will relax my muscles a little?

Rose,
Do check with doc on the discharge. But my DR did tell me last time that as long as dun see red, should be fine. Maybe u try to take more fruits so that u wont use so much strength while clearing ur bowels..

Tickles,

My indonesian massage lady uses ginger/lemon grass for massage. The smell is pleasant. In fact, I really miss the massage sessions that I used to have regularly. I remember she mentions about pre-natal massage will help to reduce water retention. So far, I have neither of water retention and muscle cramps *touch wood*. I will recommend her service to those who need.

We have know her for many years liao. And most importantly, she is often punctual in her appointment. If you are keen, I will PM you her number.

Just Faith - the massage lady comes to our hse ? I'm having lower back pains recently .. thinking of going for some relieving massage.

Can I have her contacts ... u can PM me if don't want to advertise here

Just Faith,
okok. U PM me the contact.. Thanks! Your massage lady does both pre and post natal massage right? Was initially thinking of gg back to rustic for the massage but then find that theirs really ex lor. I rem 5 sessions is $800plus lor. If your is cheaper and as good, I think I'll just use her.
happy.gif

JJ,
U cant do it now hor.. Need to wait at least when u are in ur 5th month then can start on pre natal massage.. ower back pain, use a heat pack to relieve it ba...

Tickles - huh ... sob sob ... normal massage can't ? cos its really aching ...

last time b4 preg i like to crack my own back by twisting my body .. now can't .. so don't knw if that contributed to the aching ...

these few days is so achey !! argghhh...

JJ,
Cant leh.. I was told by the massage lady at Rustic that cant do massage b4 5th mth de. Must be 5m and more then can do. But even after 5th mth if baby not stable also cannot do de.. Better ask your doc b4 doing massage k.. Last time my doc tell me to use heat pad to ease my pain. Else ask hub to do those gentle rubbing using palm also can.. But dun massage cos u dunno which acu points cannot press. Same goes for foot massage.

tickles, no worries.. take ur time, i know u wun run away
happy.gif
hee.. hopefully the belt can ease ur pelvic pain.. coz it does help for me..

walking too much will also aggrevate the pains for me leh.... so i try to walk abit.. sit down rest.. n must rest before the pains come..if not also not effective...

ur princess is growing well ! just now angie says ur tummy quite obvious too... hee.. previously she saw u, still cannot see the bump much.
happy.gif

Gan
Wow shopping spree over the weekend
happy.gif
Is the cot u bought convertible to bed ? I am also looking for a playpen which has the side like a changing station.

So many things havent buy and already feeling low energy liao. Did ur BP raise higher at home?

Gan,
Thou 6m, but if doc say cannot also cannot start de.. Need to check with your doc as u gt history of spotting. When I say 5m and above, meaning very stable pregnancy without spotting etc..

Panda,
wahaha! Previously really cant see much de. Even now at 7m, some people still ask me am I 5m or something, cos still quite small. Everyone shock when they hear me say I'm due in dec. I counted le. I'm like only 9 weeks more to end of work only..
happy.gif
Cos I intend to start clearing leave end nov/ early dec. I feel that thou my edd is 17 dec. BUt most likely baby will come early dec cos my #1 also came 2 weeks early.

Ask u huh? ur belt hor, u wear ourside ur pants or inside huh? Cos I usually wear tights, the material not very thick, so I just wear the belt outside leh. Can right? The belt is wear at the hip there de right then the extra cloth is to cover the belly?

skies,

yes, she do both pre and post natal massage. 10 sessions $500.

JJ,

according to her, only 7 months onwards then can do pre-natal massage. You are too early lah... it is normal to feel aching now. Cos uterus expanding. So is your pelvic.

Tickles,

Just PM you her contact. Please check.

Tickles, now everywhere i go, pple tink i going to pop liao! LOL...

i wear inside my tights/shorts....but u can wear outside too..just tht when go toilet abit troublesome i tink....

the thick elastic part of the belt shld go below ur tummy in front.. then the back is at the hip area...the extra cloth which i call the pocket is to keep our bump...
happy.gif

tickles, i dun think will do prenatal massage but will do post natal. Dun want try anything 'new' now....just want shun shun li li give birth. =) u seen me before right at dr zou, i quite big size yet my
tummy also not obvious now, there r pple who thinks i put on wt instead of preggy. I ask dr loh why my tummy so small....he said i got stomach muscles...find it very funny coz i got alot of fats before preggy. =p

nancy the cot can convert to playpen, salesgirl said can sleep to abt 2 yrs old. But size smaller compared to the cots i seen in taka coz those cots can be used as toddler bed. My pressure ok at home...i emailed dr loh this morning but has yet got his reply. Checking if i still need to start the med. Buying bb stuff is fun but tiring...i was alos very tired after the shopping

Just Faith,
Dun have leh... Nothing came in yet..

Panda,
okok.. I know liao. I wear it outside so that I can adjust it anytime. At times feel its quite tight esp after eating.. U gt 3 ma, def looks big la.. Keke~

Gan,
Post natal then ok.. Erm, I cant rem that u are big size leh. Wahahaha~ Now become pea brain liao.. I think tummy size not impt. As long as baby putting on the right weight can liao.. Tummy not so big also good. At least can flatten more easily after delivery..
happy.gif

tickles, when u r walking, hv to wear it abit tighter...for the support... when u sit down..can loosen it for more comfort
happy.gif

Gan, you are not alone. I am also big size. Not "quite". But really big size. So far, I think I only put on 3kg. My target is not exceeding 5 kg. My tummy is not obvious when I wear baggy top. But is really obvious when I wear tight tops. :p I dun really pay attention to my tummy size. I just want my gal to grow healthy... I met my cousin at the Airport y'day. She said, if I dun say, nobody will know I am 6 months preggy. Cos I look the same as before. Also dunno to be happy or sad.. hehe.

Dr Loh also replied me the same thing. Stomach muscles.

And yes, nobody gives up their seat in the train.. LOL. I always have to hold the handles tightly... LOL.

You settle your breast pump already?

Tickles,

PM you again.

PandaWife,

I dreamt of you last night... hehe. Dreamt that you are going to pop in 1 month's time. Funny right? Never met you, but can still see you in my dream...

tickles talking abt pea brain....i wrote a cheque for my credit card bills and put the year on the cheque as 2011! =s cheque got returned

just faith! hahaha..i dun wanna pop in 1 mths time leh...kekek... i want to have xmas babies...dun scare me...LOL

u "saw" me on FB mah...maybe thts y can dream of me....
happy.gif

tickes..later i check n let u know.. too lazy to move my butt to get the token to log in now :p

Pandawife,

ya lor.. thats why must say out... so that reality will turn out opposite :p

I was reading the thread before I went to bed last night.. maybe thats why I dreamt of you.. hehe....

Just Faith,
not exceeding 5kg is impossible.. haha! Initially the weight I put on is also very slow. Like 4 weeks put on 0.5kg that type. Then last month I put on 1.9kg. The previous month I put on 2.4kg. So total weight gain for me now is 7.9kg. I still gt like 2.5mths more to go.. so hopefully can put within 12kg of weight increase then I'll be happy liao.

Gan,
U must be thinking abt ur girl when u are writing the year. cos ur girl will be born in 2011 ma..

Panda,
Wahahah! okok.. u check later then let me know ba..
happy.gif

Just Faith,
Got your PM le.. Thanks!

just faith not yet bought breast pump, stroller, car seat, mattress, bath tub, my pjs and other stuffs. Will get them ready by end oct.
Cot will be delivered on 4 dec. Abt 1 mth before EDD.

T

Jialat.. I'm having tummy ache today leh. Went toilet 5x since morn le.. LS till my legs feel abit weak liao. Dunno what I ate wrong also lor. The moment I eat something I'll have tummy ache lor.. Damn jialat!

Panda
Yr tummy like full term singleton size? Really v big?
Now i sleep whichever side also not comfy.. Sigh...
Dont know is it i kept sleeping on my sides.. Wake up.. My boobs abit sore...

baby..yeah..dr paul also says i m like full term size now.. haha... coz babies weight total 2kg..plus all the placenta and fluids weight..its like a singleton tummy weight n size at full term...

yesterday i went to buy furniture.. bought a reclining sofa chair w leg rest for sleeping.. the salesman says need 2 to 4wks coz they hv to ask the factory to make.. he ask me if in time anot..coz i look like i going to pop soon..LOL...

i cannot sleep on sides too... now i use two big pillows to support, sit on my bed 45degree on my back..then i will fall asleep in tht position...

Tickles,

Is your tummy ache very painful? Better go see doc, I had stomach flu twice during my 1st tri, was a terrible feeling.

Thanks for your advice on my spotting. Today i had a bit of brownish spotting again during bowel movement. I am not constipated, I cleared every day, but quite a lot of poo. Think I will eat more fruits...

Gan, when u start purchasing for baby stuff? U r 25 wks liao? Time flies... I am 20 wks and with the spotting, I really thought of getting no paid leave to full term...but sianz to stay at home for another 4 months or so. Still considering...

Panda, Rose,
Ya. I think I confirm having tummy upset today. I think I'll pop by the clinic to see doc tonight. Cos need to clear some work. Now drinking lotsa of plain water hoping to flush out the bacteria inside. BUt LS 5x since morn le.. Dun think its stomach flu cos only tummy ache not vomit no nothing.. But I do feel a little weak after the runs..

Rose,
Ya.. I think eating more fruits and veggies will help..

rose, i started with buying some bb clothes when i was 15 weeks coz i knew i was expecting a girl. Steriliser and bottles in aug during taka fair. And rest only in mid sept and yesterday. U can slowly buy the stuff u see and like. For my case i hope to get all by my 30 weeks coz not sure is my age but i do feel tired easily though pple say 2nd trimester is honeymoon.
Just finished a 2 hr meeting and i am already yawning on my way back office

Gan, there is a baby fair coming oct at expo. Will you be going? Everytime I want to buy, but not sure where to start...think I have to start looking.

rose, u can go isetan, taka baby department and ask them for a list of things to buy for bbs. Can use the list as a reference. I started with that list. Yesterday tick those i have bot and realised still got a number of items need to puchase. U already 20 weeks? Went to detailed scan? Know bb gender?
I also tot of taking no pay leave but like u not sure if i will get bored staying home. So i am taking my own leave on off whenever i feel tired.

Baby79 - have you bought the cot? I checked with both OG and Tangs today.

Tangs cot = $199, comes with foam mattress and travel bed. Can upgrade to latex mattress (add another $129) or fibrelux/husk mattress (add another $149.

OG cot = $169, comes with foam mattress. Cannot upgrade to latex, need to pay $202 to buy the latex mattress. They don't have fibrelux mattress in that size in OG.

So if you plan to upgrade to latex or fibrelux, then makes more sense to buy from Tangs. If not planning to change, then OG will be cheaper.

I think I will get from Tangs since I'm planning to change the mattress.

working wife,

i will stay at home for at least 6 mths..wanna try n see if can bf the babies as much as possible.. after tht then decide if wanna go back to work......

all depends on whether my parents n mil can cope with the babies...if they can ...then i will go back to work.. if not too well, i will stay at home for 2 yrs.. after tht send the kids to childcare n go back to work
happy.gif

i will very likely consider career switch.. coz the nature of my work, working hours can be quite demanding..

u leh??

Panda,

I always thought that I'm the kind who will work after having kids. But now it depends on the situation. The plan is still to go back to work after 5 months, but depends on how my mum coping with the kids (and whether I can leave them or not!!) my frens say after you have the bbs, sure sayang so much don't wanna go back to work!

My mum can help take care cuz she is not working, and I'm the only child
happy.gif
so that's all she is looking foward to do.

My job also quite stressful leh... maybe I talk to the company that for the first couple of years, i do a role which is less stressful.. slower progression never mind lah. We work just to pass time and get income... no need high high post and fast fast promotion lah....
happy.gif

Back