IVF-low ovarian reserve

is there really no way for diminished ovarian reserves? :"(
Like what mummy elaine's tcm prof said, there's no way to increase quantity we can only improve quality.. Which i agree.. :(
But what can we do to improve quality?? Not all supplements are suitable for everyone. Guess we just have to do a trial n error. It takes time n for some of us, time is not on our side due to our age..

I think u might be able to improve quality thru TCM. However it takes a really long time. The doc told me at least 8 months to a year. For many woman with diminishing ovarian reserve, we simply don't have the time anymore.

But having said that, don't give up. If TCM can help, at least it's a way. I've tried and tested DHEA and CoQ10 for 3 years. It didn't improve at all. TCM, I felt my body "heated up" gradually. My egg quality didn't improve significantly but I was healthier and less prone to flu and fevers. So I guess it does has its good. :)

I hear your stories I totally feel for you all. I've tried 2 times ivf with sgh all of them failed cause bad response to the injections, cannot retrieve many eggs thus chances are a lot lower. Before that I also did IUI also failed. Sgh also said nothing much they can do for me, at that time I was only just passed 31. Another doc at mt suggested us to consider donor eggs in BKK, we also went ahead to try! Managed to fertilized 3 eggs but ended up with an ectopic preg last oct. How devastating is that!

After that I've picked myself up in mar went to put in another 2 eggs but none of them want to stay with me. Totally demoralized and returned to Singapore. It's been a very bad roller coaster ride for me and hubby , We've decided to leave the last 2 eggs in bkk until im ready again. These ups and downs are not healthy for us, I'm holding on to a full time job and more or less it has affected my work to a certain extent. I remember the days that I am get calls from clinic to tell me about my failed ivf then the next moment got to run into a next meeting for a presentation - that feeling totally sucks :(

Thankfully my hubby has been very supportive. We are embarking on an adoption process while still on tcm hopefully one day will have a chance to go through pregnancy. Though we are still quite young but guess we are pretty much ready to be parents, hopefully this process will be smooth sailing!
Jiayou! I'm wishing u every success!!

Like what mummy elaine's tcm prof said, there's no way to increase quantity we can only improve quality.. Which i agree.. :(
But what can we do to improve quality?? Not all supplements are suitable for everyone. Guess we just have to do a trial n error. It takes time n for some of us, time is not on our side due to our age..

exactly time is not on our side yet the waiting time is so long. will they give priority to those of older age? i am only waiting for an appointment for the counseling session & it takes two weeks for them to call me & the schedule for the next ivf slot is in mid/end September :(

Is this the norm?

unfortunately no. There's no priority queue I believe. Some younger patients have worse conditions than older ones, so I guess there's no way to "justify" who is more urgent :'(

i read up a write up on IVF with low AMH levels, hope to encourage others as well as myself not to give up.

"Very low AMH, usually considered AMH below 1.05 ng/ml, has been associated with extremely low pregnancy chances and many IVF centers flat out deny treatment to women with such low levels of AMH. However, recent CHR research, published in the journal Human Reproduction, suggests that even women with undetectably low AMH levels (below 0.16 ng/ml) can still conceive and successfully carry pregnancies to term, if given proper treatment involving DHEA supplementation and well-designed ovarian stimulation protocols."

Hopefully that might give a glimpse of hope to many women out there facing the same problems. Though I can say, the DHEA and 4 different ovulation stimulation did not yield any different result for me. Anyway, even 0.1% hope is still better than 0% hope. Let's jiayou!

hi dear. Sadly no. Singapore doesn't allow egg donor, only donor of sperm. Malaysia allows. Thailand recently banned it on 31 May following the Aussie Surrogacy case.

if i am not wrong @sadbee you can approach an agency to help source for eggs then do the actual procedure in the hospital. i was lucky to have tried donor eggs in bkk but also did not succeed. i have heard of success cases though like @Mummy_elaine and others! so it really depends on luck!

Login to reply an email from a lady and chance upon this thread.
Ladies, don't lose hope. I have low reserve too. I am blessed with a boy. Conceived through natural ivf
Yes. Have to work hard to improve quality. Have to try different methods/supplement and find one suitable for you. Took me about 1 year to see the results.

hi mummy_elaine,

what is the procedure of having an egg donor? we can get an egg donor here in singapore?

I would like to consider donating my eggs for a productive cause but I am not sure how to go about it.
My best friend is struggling with infertility which is why I have come to empathize with women in similar situations.

Hi ladies, not sure is this chatroom still active? I have AMH <0.1. 3 doctors have told me I am on my way to menopause as I need to take medicine in order for my menses to come. Just failed my 1st ivf with only 5 days of Letrozole and 6 days of 150iu jab of GonalF. No follicle grow. Not a single one :(
My doctor adviced me to cancel and go for the next cycle in May. I am slowly coming to term that I am probably not going to have a child for this life. However, the hope for a miracle is still there. You never know how your body is going to react. So now I am just telling myself to relax, be calm, don't be stress and just be happy with whatever I have. At least, I have a loving parents and husband, I guess that is the most important to me. I wish you all the best of luck!

Hi ladies, not sure is this chatroom still active? I have AMH <0.1. 3 doctors have told me I am on my way to menopause as I need to take medicine in order for my menses to come. Just failed my 1st ivf with only 5 days of Letrozole and 6 days of 150iu jab of GonalF. No follicle grow. Not a single one :(
My doctor adviced me to cancel and go for the next cycle in May. I am slowly coming to term that I am probably not going to have a child for this life. However, the hope for a miracle is still there. You never know how your body is going to react. So now I am just telling myself to relax, be calm, don't be stress and just be happy with whatever I have. At least, I have a loving parents and husband, I guess that is the most important to me. I wish you all the best of luck!

i am in the same situation, and i got pregnant naturally before but miscarried...and I am doing donor now, when I am out of options I guess

Hi, think I will embark on a donor egg cycle else adoption. I had 3 ivf cycles and all with the same result where the embryos does not grow well. The max cells I get is 2-3 for day 2 and 6 cells (highly fragmented) for day 3. Dr yu and dr tan in sgh and kkh does not know what is wrong though dr yu did mention that my eggs are old. I have ttc for 7 yrs.. tried tcm, accuputure and supplements.. doesn't seem to help.. last AMH test last yr at 3.1 which is considered low. Strangely my AMH test in 2011 is 27 which pts to v gd reserve..such drastic drop in reserve... not sure if it's due to multiple iui and ivf attempt.

Just wondering if anyone encounter the same situation as me where the embryo does not grow well and has any success stories to share?

Hi. Stumbled upon tis thread n decide to share my story.. Am 33 n been tryin for bb for about 3 to 4years. Sadly nothing. I decided to.go for ivf n briefing in apr while actual procedure in may. I was told by kkh that my amh is 0.4 which is not really good. Few years back it was 0.8 then suddenly it decreased in recent years. I also been seeing tcm at marine parade to try to tiao my body bt I duno if it would help in increasing the amh or not Was given.capsules to take..im tinkin of goin.acpuncture bt duno if it would have any implications cause we did bd a few,days ago. Any sisters have experience?

I would like to consider donating my eggs for a productive cause but I am not sure how to go about it.
My best friend is struggling with infertility which is why I have come to empathize with women in similar situations.
Hi Azn. I was reading through your post
I have low reserve and doctor said need to look for donor eggs. I know u posted this 2 yrs ago. Are you still keen for being a egg donor?

I am diagnosed with extremely low ovarian reserve in March.. AmH only 0.2.. Scheduled for IVF at KKH in July. No medication given. Now is plain waiting... dewydrop post really inspiring. I am wondering if I should seek a second opinion. What's your take? :(

I am going through the same thoughts as you.. My AMH at 0.2 and on my way to menopause soon. I am turning 38 this year and doing my IVF in July at KKH. Seeing a TCM now.. I am learning to accept the fact that I will never be able to conceive. But I will surrender without a fight. I am thinking of seeking a second opinion with another gynae. Don't give up!

Hi ladies,

I hv low egg reverse too.. my amh is only 0.7 i hv failed 3 fresh and 2 fet before. Doc even suggest i shld seek for egg donors. But i refuse to surrender and went for my 4th fresh cycle in 2016 jan. At that time i was thinking since i do not hv much eggs left (i was 35) y not use my every mth ovulation egg for my ivf? So i suggest to my doc can i go for natural ivf? But he doesnt do that so he suggest we go for minimum stimulation ivf. So we went for it. As expected only 1 egg was growing during my stimulation n we went ahead with the ER. 1 egg was retrieved. Luckily my 1 n onli egg was fertilizered n was a good grade embryo. This golden embryo is my 6 mth old son now.
Just to encourage those with low reverse to preserved. We hv low reserve doesnt mean our egg has no chance. At times i was wondering docs always put us on higest dosage of stimulation which i had on my 3 precious fresh cycle does that really best for us? High dosage might affect our egg quality. I hv tried everything like dhea.. saizen.. all doesnt work and my success cycle i just relaxed.. no tcm min medications used and turn out my egg quality was good i nv get good quality grade embryo in my previous cycle. This is just my thoughts for sharing.

Hi,

I would like to sell off brand new ActivLife Q10 Ubiquinol 50mg.
I have 2 sealed boxes of 60 softgels, and 1 open box but harldy would have used 10 softgels.
Letting it go as I am already pregnant and cannot have it anymore.
Bought it from Watson for 80+ SGD each.
Will let go new ones for 50 SGD each and unopened one for 20 SGD or free if you are taking both the new bottles.

Please let me know if you are keen.

Attachments

• IMAG1267.jpg
    IMAG1267.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 199
Hihi everyone, was wondering is this chat group still active? I'm also diagnosed with low amh 5.9pmol which my tcm dr calculate it as 0.8 & high fsh. Just did my first fresh ivf which I didn't respond well too. Yield 3eggs and only 1 make it to the transfer day. But beta results came back negative. Feeling so depressed at times as i'm only age 31 but struggling with this low amh issue. :(
Was wondering is there any positive stories you girls could share to motivate us on.

Hihi everyone, was wondering is this chat group still active? I'm also diagnosed with low amh 5.9pmol which my tcm dr calculate it as 0.8 & high fsh. Just did my first fresh ivf which I didn't respond well too. Yield 3eggs and only 1 make it to the transfer day. But beta results came back negative. Feeling so depressed at times as i'm only age 31 but struggling with this low amh issue. :(
Was wondering is there any positive stories you girls could share to motivate us on.
Hi belle. Yes our chatgrp is available with many ladies. Do whatsapp me your no and will add u.

Regards,
Faith79

Hi , my amh is 1.1. Dr says is borderline low and suggests to go for ivf. Does that mean if low amh will comfirm produce less number or eggs?

Hi , my amh is 1.1. Dr says is borderline low and suggests to go for ivf. Does that mean if low amh will comfirm produce less number or eggs?

Yes we will produce less eggs as amh is use to measure our egg reverse. Just to note Low amh also indicate egg quality is not good

Like to share that some people have difficulties to conceive after miscarriage and some people after giving birth the 1st have such problem, too. i could sense they are as miserable as people who have never conceived before. regardless have it once or never have it before, the tension of getting pregnant is equally strong and great. i agree that to conceive has never been easy. a nurse told me that stress affects FSH and i was told to do the test in most stressless month

Back