IVF/ICSI Support Group

peacy

U should ask him why is there a need to do lapro? We have the right to know why there's a need for surgery right? Lapro is not cheap. My sis paid $3.4k cash after deducting medisave last month.

Hi Potato Chip,

I've completed the book. Very interesting. very detailed and indepth, the author described the whole procedure during ER and in the lab. How they cleans off debris or blood cells to prepare for fertilization after retrieval and a lot more.

And do you know? There are really a lot of factors why we failed..our own immune system could be the culprit, our own antibodies may prevent embryo from developing, interfering with implantation. For women with repeated failed IVF, heparin and aspirin treatment will be used for the next cycle which I dont think it was practiced locally and why some women produce poor quality embryos. It may due to a wrong protocol used to stimulate the egg or fertilization did not take place at the right environment in the lab. And do u know, after retrieval, our eggs are put into incubator as fast as possible with fluid that will nourish with presence of 5% carbon dioxide and hold it at the proper acidity

After reading, I really salute to some of the couples, they really got the determination to try again & again after a few failures. Hope we will be like them and Im sure miracles will happen to us very soon. Have faith in our RE and ourself!

vonvon,

congrats on having twins. Do rest well ok..
happy.gif

Hi Potato Chip,

i was surfing the above website and saw this Mind/Body Fertility Retreat for stress relieve.....so interesting, i think someone was talking about this topic today but too bad, it is not held local but overseas.

this wk is suppose to be infertility wk, there should be such retreat for people like us.

to all MTB,
women prone to bleeding during pregnancy should avoid ginger althou it is a popular treatment for nausea n vomiting during pregnancy coz ginger can increase the likelihood of bleeding from either the uterus or the placenta since it works as a blood thinner n is known traditionally as an herb that increases menstrual flow.

Hi gals,

Thanks for your concern. I'm still worried coz' doc said one of the sac seemed much smaller than the other. Plus he still can't see their heartbeat. I feel so unsettled & down. I broke down & cried this morning, not knowing what will happen next week. What happens if still don't see the heartbeat of the 2 sacs? Why is 1 of the sac so much smaller than the other? All these questions made me so confused & scared coz' I just want everything to be ok.

regtmc,

When doc did the scan for you, was one of your sac bigger than the other? Mine was significantly smaller when I saw the scan last evening. So, doc said I should be expecting twins but can't be 100% sure until we get the see the heartbeat next week.

Sometime I feel like I'm going into slight depression coz' I cry for no reason & feel down most of the time, worrying for what may or may not happen. I know I can't control all these & I should not dwell in something that's beyond my control, but I just can't help it.

I got my hubby so worried for me, which I felt bad.
sad.gif

Hi vonvon

You are worrying too much. Probably also due to your hormones change. I was just as worrying as you are during my 1st stage. Your beta level are on the high and safe side. Not detecting heartbeat yet is very likely that you are still early.

Now that you are carry twins, your pregnancy discomfort could be doubled. You must take good care and rest as much as you can. Btw, how many days of mc are you given?
happy.gif

Today weather v.nice. Be kwai and sleep as much as you can
happy.gif

Tomatoes,

Doc gave me 1 day mc but I'm at work now coz' I've cleared my entitlement of mc. So, I thought since I'm not bleeding this morning, should be ok to come to office.

Morning Vonvon

Congrats!!! Don't be too worry now. Lets wait for the test result. Your slight depression will affect yr bb too. Be a happy and cheerful MTB.

Morning tnsw

Hope u remember to bring yr appointment card today. Remember to go for yr appointment this afternoon.

Morning ET

Wow, doing alot of research lately huh. Btw, which edition are u reading? Cos I saw two ed. from the NLB website. Will look up the two websites u recommended
happy.gif
. Hope u r well prepared from yr this coming FET.

Morning tomatoes

Thanks. **hagz**

Hi vonvon

You naughty mum2be. You should be resting at home. Did your hubby nag you at?
happy.gif
If not, I will do the job.

If you feel any slight discomfort at your tummy area, do go home to rest, especially you are now having twins and initial stage. Dun take any risk at all. If really have to and you can financially afford, quit your job... You have come a long way to having kids of own...

Do talk to your boss about your situation. She is a woman too and she should understand and give you less stress.

Vonvon, you must take good care of yourself...now more so since you got twins...dun be too worried, your beta is so high...just relax and be happy...

tomatoes, thanks, managed to fish out the appointment card...am so worried becuz i just took two times beta test and both were so slow

the doc also said my rate of devt is slow...am so worried but i have already braced myself for the worse...dun noe if tis is considered pessimistic or trying to console myself first....

Hi tnsw

It is good to be mentally prepared for the worst but on the other hand, dun think so -ve yet
happy.gif

You never know... ;)

Congratulations vonon!

Dun think so much, just relax and rest more, you will tend to feel more tired during your early pregnancy. My colleagues always take half day to go back to sleep when she was pregnant.

Do take good care of yourself.

tomatoes, you are right..but still...cant really sleep last nite and now feeling very tired...n hving a bad sore throat.....today's appt is with dr loh's colleague, i guess all doctors shld be similar when it comes to scanning..i just wanna know if no good, tell me straight, no need to beat around the bush...

Hi tnsw

You must drink more water for your sorethroat.

Today weather really very nice, very tempted to go home to sleep. Haiz, today only wed.

tomatoes, yah, must drink more water but the more i drink,always go toilet leh...thk going to drink honey....potato chip, wake up, wat u doing now?

u said you were going to be busy since june, so how are you now?

Hi,

Sorry for MIA for the last few days. Was ill, fever and cough. As i do not want to take too much medicine, it take a longer than usual for me to recover, and I practically slept for the last 3 days!

Hi vonvon,

Congrats! Must take good care of yourself and dun get stressed up with work! Did the doc est how many weeks u are pregnant?

Hi tnsw,

All the best to your review today.

chemistry,

are you better ? hope you feel better after taking mc for the last few days..today raining so you also better take care.

thanks, will keep you gals updated...

Tnsw,

Talking about going to toilet, last nite, last nite I woke up 6 times to go toilet. Really affected my sleep. I know I shouldn't drink too much water b4 sleep but I am thirsty leh.

Very xian, so today really like zombie.

Hi tnsw

Still manageable. Thanks.

Hi tomatoes

By the way, any nice food at de redhill temporary mkt? Mayb those food u taken contained to much MSG that caused u thirsty.

Tnsw and Tomatoes

Since so sleepy, tell u all a joke. Remember I mentioned I love tehsi. When having a lunch wif my hb during our courtship day, I asked for tehsi and my hb came back wif a glass of white milk. Guess wat. He bought me a glass of DAISY milk
happy.gif
. Wow omost fell off my chair.

potato chip, ha ha very funny, its hilarious...how long have u been married?

think maybe your hb is correct, you shld drink more DAISY milk...

tomatoes, they say in third trimester, the frequent toilet trips are to prepare the mtb to wake up at nite to feed the baby.....so i guess tis is training for you...

Hi Potato Chip

Hahaha! That's a nice joke
happy.gif
Your hubby so innocent and cute!
happy.gif

Oh, redhill hawker centre. What time are you going there? Cos diff timing diff nice food
happy.gif

Actually I din drink much also b4 I sleep. Just normal lor but I cannot dun drink entirely leh.

Tnsw

Is our 6th anniversary end of this yr. How about u?

Tomatoes

How many yrs hv u been married? Cos that day u mentioned u still 1 2 enjoy yr er4 ren2 shi4 jie4. Taken yr iron tablets today?

tomatoes, thk the baby pressing on the bladder, so guess its normal biological needs to keep going toilet...no choice...hope you get used to it, after all a few more wks to go...

Hi tnsw,

Thanks, feeling better but still coughing. I have stopped taking all medicine already. So think will take somemore time before I recover. So angry, today weather so nice and yet I have to come back to work!

Hi Potatochip chip,

Redhill temporary mkt got nice satay beehon and wanton noodles (a few units away from the satay beehoon from a roast meat stall).

chemistry, in that case, let your body recover naturally..it wld be better..

yah loh, weather so nice, feel like kooning...but today the board quite active leh....so got smthg to do...

tomatoes and potato chip, i have been married for 8 years liao, got married in 97, ROM in 96...started tis job in 97 also, so years on tis job and being married are the same - 8....

time flies..

so tomatoes is considered as sort of still in honey moon stage.....

Hi tnsw

Not really honeymoon lah... cos we have been staying together for about 1-2 years b4 we go thru customary. hee!

tomatoes, oh i see...so customarily, you have been married for about 2.5 years only lah..

was it in the spreadsheet your husband is older than you a few years right, must be your hb really dotes on you ...
happy.gif

Hi Potato Chip

Can consider so lah.... or "cohibit:. hee! hee!

Hi tnsw

Yes, he is 8 years my senior. Initially we really have communication problem. But now ok liao. I guess all hubbies will dote on their wife, right?
happy.gif

potato chip, yeah, give me a FIVE..i think many things we are very similar leh....how about your hb leh, my hb older than me one year....

tomatoes, they say the hbs older than the wives sure love the wife alot, one, leh...

how come got comm pblem? i tot they sure very "tia" their wife alot......

Hi tnsw

Me is 3 yrs diff. Heard is not very gd. But hor, we r 4 yrs diff in term of chinese age. hehehe... I also heard tat older hbs love wifes alot... But cldn't find one, so hv to drop my expectation lor.. hahaha...

I believe initially sure hv alot of comm problem. Cos both parties came fr diff background mah. Is very common lah.

Hi tnsw

Yes, due to difference in thinking and background. Sure have communication problem initially. I pai-tor with my hubby when I was about 20years old. Can you imagine that? I was more like "Ah Lian" that time.

Btw, my father is 12 years older than my mum. Lagi worst than me. haha! ;p

Hi Potato Chip

I neber heard of 3 years senior than women no good lah... dun be so pantang about it ;) In fact, that's my idea age gap when I was looking for a boyfriend. But when no one was courting me, so I just chin-chye and accepted my hubby... hee! ;p

potato chip, case by case one lah...i think three years is a good gap also

cant beat my fren who is in the same line as me, he is a divorcee 47 years old got one divorcee gf 30 years old with seven years old kid.....

am sure your hb loves you lah....you just joking right, dun tell me u want to find a man like so so many years older than you, meh...

Hi Potato Chip,

not really doing research lah, i happen to go kino and saw 2 books on infertility, so when to the NLB at orchard to borrow both. Now, finish reading 1 book, i started on the other lor. The name of the 2nd book I m reading now is 'Enhancing Fertility. A couple's guide to natural approaches'.

tomatoes, you ah lian, meh, dun think so lah, you are so knowledgable (not that ah lians not knowledable)......

my mum's relative husband older than her 25 years and he died recently....at the wake, got one woman appeared, she is her husband's daughter from first marriage and she is even older than my mum's relative...

my mum din know he got daughter from first marriage, dun noe the relative noe or not but they really loved each other a lot and they had three kids...she sacrificed alot for him also...

Hi everybody,

I am late this morning cos I refused to wake up weather so good.

vonvon,

My 2 sacs were of different sizes too. Don't give urself so much stress plssss....RELAX OK?

Tomatoes,

U go Redhill market everyday? I stay across the market too. Bored with the food there, so nowadays took breakfast at home.

Back