IVF/ICSI Support Group

Just finished my ER, only retrieved 8 eggs. Progesterone is at 5.44, doc suggest doing FET due to high progesterone. Can I ask if anyone have same condition as me and did you do FET or fresh on the end?
Is there a risk of thawing that could cause a gd quality embryo to stop growing?
Have to go back on sat to see the result and not sure what doc will suggest and what I should do, appreciate any advice. Thank you!
Hi Cheazoo,

Not sure if this morning you are the one I talked to you? I finished my ER and left KHH at 2pm. THH told me before the ER that I'll be doing FET next month. I have retreived 22 eggs in total. Hopefully it will turn into a good quality embryo. How are you feeling now? Rest well and take care!

Hi Cheazoo,

Not sure if this morning you are the one I talked to you? I finished my ER and left KHH at 2pm. THH told me before the ER that I'll be doing FET next month. I have retreived 22 eggs in total. Hopefully it will turn into a good quality embryo. How are you feeling now? Rest well and take care!

Congrats!! That's a v gd outcome, will have plenty of eggs to select from :) I don't think I'm the one you talked to, I left about 2pm too cos I felt nauseous and vomitted.

Yes, we need to rest and recuperate. Are you going back on sat to see him for results?

Congrats!! That's a v gd outcome, will have plenty of eggs to select from :) I don't think I'm the one you talked to, I left about 2pm too cos I felt nauseous and vomitted.

Yes, we need to rest and recuperate. Are you going back on sat to see him for results?

Oh ya, I heard someone beside me vomited a few times, could be you. I was sleeping at the last bed. Drink more 100+! Yes I'm gg back KKH on sat see the results, so excited. But DR THH won't be around on that day. See you on sat!

Oh ya, I heard someone beside me vomited a few times, could be you. I was sleeping at the last bed. Drink more 100+! Yes I'm gg back KKH on sat see the results, so excited. But DR THH won't be around on that day. See you on sat!

Haha yah it's me :p oh I didn't know THH is not around hmm then who will be replacing him? Oh dear, I don't really trust other docs to make a call if I should do fresh or blast :(

I'm facing the same situation with u during mu scheduled ET date, couldn't transfer also due to high progesterone. Most likely they will inform u how many matured eggs or embryos u have in a day or 2. Now I'm waiting for my period to kickstart my fet. According to the nurse there's always risks involving while thawing. Try our best not to think negatively ok..

Thanks Twinkleshinemeow, how high is your progesterone? Did doc recommend you to blast or freeze at day 2? How many embryos did you get? How long is the wait from ER to FET day?
I may have to travel long distance for work before FET, is that ok?

Thanks Twinkleshinemeow, how high is your progesterone? Did doc recommend you to blast or freeze at day 2? How many embryos did you get? How long is the wait from ER to FET day?
I may have to travel long distance for work before FET, is that ok?
My progesterone level was i think abt 5.4. I had only 5 eggs retrieved and luckily enough all of them managed to fertilized nicely into embryos and my Dr advised me to freeze them all on the day which is 2-day embryos. He said he's not going to push blasts and i trust him. The next fet kickstarts from ur next period, that's when u will need to go back kkh for morning scans etc, then when ur lining is at the optimal thickness that's when they will start to thaw and schedule the fet. Traveling overseas from work before fet? I don't think it's an issue becoz u will only need report back to hospital when ur next menses reports. If u r also in kkh, that's the procedure they told me.

My progesterone level was i think abt 5.4. I had only 5 eggs retrieved and luckily enough all of them managed to fertilized nicely into embryos and my Dr advised me to freeze them all on the day which is 2-day embryos. He said he's not going to push blasts and i trust him. The next fet kickstarts from ur next period, that's when u will need to go back kkh for morning scans etc, then when ur lining is at the optimal thickness that's when they will start to thaw and schedule the fet. Traveling overseas from work before fet? I don't think it's an issue becoz u will only need report back to hospital when ur next menses reports. If u r also in kkh, that's the procedure they told me.

Congrats on the 5 fertilized embryos, 100% fertilization :) wishing I will have such a gd outcome too.
Do you mean the upcoming menses which is in 2 weeks time after ER? My work trip is on the last week of the month which will be after my menses, wonder if I should postpone to next month's cycle, will that affect the embryo quality or thawing result?

Congrats on the 5 fertilized embryos, 100% fertilization :) wishing I will have such a gd outcome too.
Do you mean the upcoming menses which is in 2 weeks time after ER? My work trip is on the last week of the month which will be after my menses, wonder if I should postpone to next month's cycle, will that affect the embryo quality or thawing result?
Yes if I'm not wrong we are able to do our fet earliest on the next upcoming menses which is abt 2 weeks later. No worries ur nurse and doc will explain in details to u what is the procedure like. I'm just thinking if u need to travel just after ur menses it may not be too suitable unless it's short trip. Becoz u got to go back for scannings (like what we do for ivf) every few days to monitor the thickness of lining, once the lining reaches optimal thickness they will schedule the transfer immediately.

Yep @Jill Stuart ill just have to face it tomorrow and not take it too hard on their comments. Wells, will try ba. A fail cycle already feel sad liao and now comes the review :( double sadness and somemore its TGIF!! hope it wont me much tmr. Fingers cross.

Take it easy. Just a job. All the best for yr review. I was expecting a bad ranking too for taking so many mc & hl.

Take it easy. Just a job. All the best for yr review. I was expecting a bad ranking too for taking so many mc & hl.

Yup it's tough for everyone here and Guess we just gotta give and take. Try for baby then can't b Too upset abt poor work performance or poor bonus. Last year I juggled high workload and 2 failed cycles. Although I only took HL for the 1st cycle, my ranking still dropped and bonus cut though I tried my best at work at all e remaining times.

Here is my IVF journey and may help those who are planning to go for it.

D3 of menses: Scanning & 1st Jab of orgatrulan
(Only orgatrulan D3 to D6 was injected)

D6: Continue orgatrulan and added gonal F 150ml.

D11 : go back for scanning and continue with orgatrulan and gonal F

D15 and D16 : go back for scanning and continue with orgatrulan and gonal F (had bad diarrhea & bloatedness at D16 & D17)

D16: 4 tablets or antibiotics must be taken after foods (I had severe diarrhea 1 hour after taking it and it lasted for 2 days, Nurses said that it is normal as long as it stops by ER)

D17 : Lurcin Trigger Jab at 12am injected by myself.

D18 : No more food and drink in take from 6am

D19: ER at 12pm, we had to reach 1 hour earlier to go through the forms and details. Half awake at around 12.30pm and was already at recovery room with stomach cramp and no feeling at my legs. Around 1.30pm, had Milo and biscuit given by the nurse. Left at 2pm. Was feeling groggy and weak so my Hubby had to use wheelchair to push me.

5mg Folic acid tablet was taken from D3 of menses and stop on the ER date. It is to be continue taking 1 day after ER.

Total 19 days from my 1st Jab to ER.

For Injection, there is barely and pain just that sometimes there is some slight bleeding. The pain level is 5 or 6 out of 10)

For OHSS, I did had bloatedness, tightness in chest and diarrhea at the last stage of jab (3 to 4 Days before ER) - this is the most terrible part.

ER- it was only when I woke up I felt the cramp in my tummy and Super groggy even when I reach home. There will be bleeding so you have wear a pad. The bleeding should stop after 2 days. Have to go back to review 2 days later. 22 eggs retrieved during the ER. 20 days HL was given even no fresh ET was done.

My ET will be frozen as I have high risk of a OHSS. So I have to report in May after my menses arrive.

I am with THH (KKH) and I must say he is a very gentle and good doctor!!!

Good lucks girls and always have faith!

D15 and D16 : go back for scanning and continue with orgatrulan and gonal F (had bad diarrhea & bloatedness at D16 & D17)

D16: 4 tablets or antibiotics must be taken after foods (I had severe diarrhea 1 hour after taking it and it lasted for 2 days, Nurses said that it is normal as long as it stops by ER)

D19: ER at 12pm, we had to reach 1 hour earlier to go through the forms and details. Half awake at around 12.30pm and was already at recovery room with stomach cramp and no feeling at my legs. Around 1.30pm, had Milo and biscuit given by the nurse. Left at 2pm. Was feeling groggy and weak so my Hubby had to use wheelchair to push me.

5mg Folic acid tablet was taken from D3 of menses and stop on the ER date. It is to be continue taking 1 day after ER.

For Injection, there is barely and pain just that sometimes there is some slight bleeding. The pain level is 5 or 6 out of 10)

For OHSS, I did had bloatedness, tightness in chest and diarrhea at the last stage of jab (3 to 4 Days before ER) - this is the most terrible part.

ER- it was only when I woke up I felt the cramp in my tummy and Super groggy even when I reach home. There will be bleeding so you have wear a pad. The bleeding should stop after 2 days. Have to go back to review 2 days later. 22 eggs retrieved during the ER. 20 days HL was given even no fresh ET was done.

My ET will be frozen as I have high risk of a OHSS. So I have to report in May after my menses arrive.

Good luck for ur upcoming FET. Will be easier procedure compared to fresh.

Gd luck to your results tomorrow, lots of embryos! Will you be going for blasts?

How did you know to report in May? Did THH tell you? Wondering why not in April

Hi All
I initially planned for natural cycle fet but cancelled it due to non ovulation. Just to check if you all encounter any late ovulation or delayed period after failed ivf? Just wondering if i dont ovulate does it means i will not have my period? Which will mean i will have to postphone my ivf cycle further !

you can do medicated cycle if cannot detect ovulation.

Ya! THH has tlc!

Really like Dr THH, although he floats here and there within seconds becoz he's so busy, he never fails to say hi or show support. Still rem he himself helped me to put the plug on the day of my ET to speed things up, the nurses beside him all kanchiong coz boss put plug by himself.

Anyway my period reported yesterday and I'm on my way to start my fet. Don't know whether is it becoz of ET, my period cramps is obviously much painful than the usual cramps i felt!

Also decided to heck care abt what's gonna happen at work, will just explain to my boss what is going to happen and will still need to go another 3 days of HL. Hang in there!

Yup it's tough for everyone here and Guess we just gotta give and take. Try for baby then can't b Too upset abt poor work performance or poor bonus. Last year I juggled high workload and 2 failed cycles. Although I only took HL for the 1st cycle, my ranking still dropped and bonus cut though I tried my best at work at all e remaining times.
Agree. We should got to think which is our priority. I will also try my best at work.

Really like Dr THH, although he floats here and there within seconds becoz he's so busy, he never fails to say hi or show support. Still rem he himself helped me to put the plug on the day of my ET to speed things up, the nurses beside him all kanchiong coz boss put plug by himself.

Anyway my period reported yesterday and I'm on my way to start my fet. Don't know whether is it becoz of ET, my period cramps is obviously much painful than the usual cramps i felt!

Also decided to heck care abt what's gonna happen at work, will just explain to my boss what is going to happen and will still need to go another 3 days of HL. Hang in there!

Everytime i see him very fast. Maybe i dont have many questions to ask. Went for my first review, my hubby say wah like 2 min only =)

you can do medicated cycle if cannot detect ovulation.
Yup thats what Prof wong suggested but i only have one frozen embie so decided to just go for fresh next round. Actually expected my cycle will be hay wired after all e jabs but prof said wldnt affect. Asked him if any med to help ovulation he said no only lining. Actually i quite confused about e purpose of medicated cycle and why no med to help ovulation for fet but didnt dare ask cause prof already impatient when i asked my first question and raised his voice and snap back at me. Feel horrible enough tt i cannot go for my fet and then get such impatient treatment nearly brokedown while getting out of his office. Its already a very tiring journey and all you need is just some clarification but its seem so tough to get from some docs.

Yup thats what Prof wong suggested but i only have one frozen embie so decided to just go for fresh next round. Actually expected my cycle will be hay wired after all e jabs but prof said wldnt affect. Asked him if any med to help ovulation he said no only lining. Actually i quite confused about e purpose of medicated cycle and why no med to help ovulation for fet but didnt dare ask cause prof already impatient when i asked my first question and raised his voice and snap back at me. Feel horrible enough tt i cannot go for my fet and then get such impatient treatment nearly brokedown while getting out of his office. Its already a very tiring journey and all you need is just some clarification but its seem so tough to get from some docs.

Hugs gal, medicated cycle should hv medicine to control ur cycle. natural cycle is based on ur ovulation days, if test positive thru opk, then they will do the transfer.To me, medicated cycle is better than natural cycle as the cycle is being controlled. please rest well and prepare for ur next fresh cycle. when u starting ur next fresh cycle?

since he suggested new fresh cycle, any changes to your medication usage & dosage?

Last edited:

Cheer up. Sometimes doctors might be busy or bad mood. I'm sure he dont mean it. Good luck for yr next fresh. If you persist i'm sure will get yr dream comes true. I had 2 failed iui b4 this ivf. Jiayou.

Last edited:
Hugs gal, medicated cycle should hv medicine to control ur cycle. natural cycle is based on ur ovulation days, if test positive thru opk, then they will do the transfer.To me, medicated cycle is better than natural cycle as the cycle is being controlled. please rest well and prepare for ur next fresh cycle. when u starting ur next fresh cycle?

since he suggested new fresh cycle, any changes to your medication usage & dosage?
@Wishingstar98 u see prof at emerald suite?
Nope he never suggested any new medication. Just ask me go CHR for fresh appt. I also dont feel like asking him much and went chr. Feel so much more confort seeing the friendly nurses at chr.I am changing back to my previous doc for fresh cycle thinking of starting in May.
Yes for prof wong all appointments are at emerald. When are you planning to start your fresh?

Nope he never suggested any new medication. Just ask me go CHR for fresh appt. I also dont feel like asking him much and went chr. Feel so much more confort seeing the friendly nurses at chr.I am changing back to my previous doc for fresh cycle thinking of starting in May.
Yes for prof wong all appointments are at emerald. When are you planning to start your fresh?

Whose your previous doc? Dr. Chew? Once you under prof PC Wong can change back one? I Tuesday got appt at CHR after my last failed cycle. Will hv to see how from there .

Cheer up. Sometimes doctors might be busy or bad mood. I'm sure he dont mean it. Good luck for yr fet. If you persist i'm sure will get yr dream comes true. I had 2 failed iui b4 this ivf. Jiayou.
Yah first time he did this i thought its just a bad day. Second round he did this also I think its just his attitude. He was fine during first appt after that 2nd and 3rd appt....he was like on some pms mode. Maybe thats the way he communicates but it doesnt suit me..if i continue on to see him one day i will snap back at him and that wldnt b nice.

I have failed 4 iuis and 1 ivf and trying very hard to walk strong now. Hope my next cycle will be fine.

Yah first time he did this i thought its just a bad day. Second round he did this also I think its just his attitude. He was fine during first appt after that 2nd and 3rd appt....he was like on some pms mode. Maybe thats the way he communicates but it doesnt suit me..if i continue on to see him one day i will snap back at him and that wldnt b nice.

I have failed 4 iuis and 1 ivf and trying very hard to walk strong now. Hope my next cycle will be fine.

Yes choose a doctor you comfortable with. Good Luck Will be successful next round.

Went back to KHH today. Was informed that the 22 eggs retrieved only 11 will be cultivated to D5 blastocyst. Will be freezing it and thaw it for next FET. Dr advised that it is better to do the FET next month (May) as we need this month to rest and flush out all the medications.

The embryologist will be calling me month end to give me an update of all the embryos. Nurse also told me that my mense is expected to come 10 + days earlier this month.

Doc told me thaw rate is 90% in Kkh. Got so high meh? I have only 2 blast and worried none will survive thawing

If none survive, cycle cancel. Does that mean govt cofunding for fet is considered used?

Doc told me thaw rate is 90% in Kkh. Got so high meh? I have only 2 blast and worried none will survive thawing

If none survive, cycle cancel. Does that mean govt cofunding for fet is considered used?
Thaw rate is high but the grade drop a lot. For me case , I have done 2 FET before , thaw 5 day 3 embries, none survive to transferred, 2nd FET thaw 4 embries, transferred 2 grade 2 embries, BPN, not implantation at all.
For the cycle failed , they will let you decided if you want to use the govt co finding or not , if u choose not, have to pay cash

Maybe diff Plp look for diff kind of help like seek for some more government subsidies for special case
Actually I am not looking for additional government subsidies, I know this is very hard. I am thinking of if PM can help to look for a more flexible working hour job as my current is quite stressful. And I have no luck after a period of finding.

Went back to KHH today. Was informed that the 22 eggs retrieved only 11 will be cultivated to D5 blastocyst. Will be freezing it and thaw it for next FET. Dr advised that it is better to do the FET next month (May) as we need this month to rest and flush out all the medications.

The embryologist will be calling me month end to give me an update of all the embryos. Nurse also told me that my mense is expected to come 10 + days earlier this month.

Congrats Jill Stuart! V gd result and all the best to your blastocyst!
I have 2 out of 8 eggs fertilized and frozen at day 2. Quite disappointed given the pain I had to go through with the jabs. Prob start in May for FET, hope the embryos will survive the thaw

Wow thats good result! Congrats!

Hi. I had to stop my ivf journey after 3rd failed attempt. While undergoing my 3rd attempt, I found out I had hypothyroid through my regular health check. Not sure what's the standard procedure but my Gynae never did ask for blood test on thyroid studies. I learned through the hard way after wasting time, money and hope...that any thyroid issues should be treated first before ivf program. Just some sharing with any of you who's starting the ivf journey, please check for your thyroid. Ideal TSH should be around 2 mIU/L
And if your gynae recommended saizen for yr ivf and if you need some, I have a few boxes sitting in my fridge. I currently stopped taking saizen jab as one of they side effect is hypothyroid. Ping me if u need saizen. I have some to give away

Hi. I had to stop my ivf journey after 3rd failed attempt. While undergoing my 3rd attempt, I found out I had hypothyroid through my regular health check. Not sure what's the standard procedure but my Gynae never did ask for blood test on thyroid studies. I learned through the hard way after wasting time, money and hope...that any thyroid issues should be treated first before ivf program. Just some sharing with any of you who's starting the ivf journey, please check for your thyroid. Ideal TSH should be around 2 mIU/L
And if your gynae recommended saizen for yr ivf and if you need some, I have a few boxes sitting in my fridge. I currently stopped taking saizen jab as one of they side effect is hypothyroid. Ping me if u need saizen. I have some to give away
Hi sister , which hospital are you with? i previously under KKH, they normally dun check , but after I failed 2 fresh cycles and transferred to private Dr, first thing asked me for thyroid check.

Back