IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes yes pls pass your baby dust to me! I heard KKH is using sedative only not GA, not sure how pain it is. But I am Glad I am done with the last jab tomorrow! Can't wait for the best to come
Baby dust and good luck that u dont experience what i did. I was woken up from sedation screaming! I think someone in the forum said they heard my scream =/ i think cos my sedation not enough?

Thanks for your kind words! Stay positive during the 2WW. How's the ET like? Is it painful? I heard that we have to keep our full bladder during the ET?
Not painful at all. Just like doing Pap smear. My hubby is with me inside the ops room so that make me relax. Yes full bladder make the doc easier to do the transfer as full bladder push down the uterus, that what the nurse told me.

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

I am so sad. Just went back to review and the doc says that I have to do FET to prevent OHSS as I have many follicles. So meaning I'll be given 19 HL for my ER and I have to come back for lining scanning for my next menses in May. For FET I understand that the HL is onl 3 days, dr mentioned we are able to extend it

I am so sad. Just went back to review and the doc says that I have to do FET to prevent OHSS as I have many follicles. So meaning I'll be given 19 HL for my ER and I have to come back for lining scanning for my next menses in May. For FET I understand that the HL is onl 3 days, dr mentioned we are able to extend it
Yea you can request to extend for FET. dont worry! Its not aborted, at least they will retrieve and freeze it.

Was this advised by dr Tan? Do u feel symptoms of OHSS like bloating and soreness? FET can have bfp too so not to worry :)
You can take less HL if you don't need that many after ER. When is your ER?

I always get ohss during fresh. this fresh, I only retrieved 10 eggs... yet because of ovidrel, I'm hit again.

It's no joke how much I'm suffering. Can't sleep, can't lie down, cannot stand straight. So bloated till I look 6 months pregnant.
It's disappointing, but if u get ohss, it's really torture.

It may be a blessing in disguise. Get the medication out of your system first. I succeeded with FET too. :) And yes, mine gave me 3 days HL for my FET and I extended with my own AL.

Don't be sad. It is better to let the body rest and be in prime condition to receive the embbies. This way you can concentrate on taking care of them and not having to battle OHSS at the same time. It's no joke to be down with it...few times worst than flu. The good news is you will have many embbies to look forward to. I remember when you first started you were worried about follicles not growing enough and now that things are on good track go with the flow and take one step at a time. Jiayou!

Thanks ladies for your comfort words. Was feeling down just now and was thking how should I tell my boss that I'm taking leave for scanning, review and op again...

My ER is confirmed to be this Thursday morning. I am really so scare of the pain as this is the first surgery I am gg thru.

Collected my antibiotics & lurin Jab (trigger?) to prepare for my ER. But strangely the nurse took my blood test for hormone test and told me that Dr Tan can decide if he wants to do fresh ET or Frozen ET. But based on the doctor , I'll be based on frozen ET.

Oh ya and my trigger jab (lurcin) is not pen type. It comes with a bottle of ampoule and syringe.

May I know what is the blood test for???

Was this advised by dr Tan? Do u feel symptoms of OHSS like bloating and soreness? FET can have bfp too so not to worry :)
You can take less HL if you don't need that many after ER. When is your ER?

Yes this is advised by THH as I told the reviewing dr that I am experience chest pain and breathless last night for my last gonal F taken. But I heard FET has lesser chance of bpf?

I always get ohss during fresh. this fresh, I only retrieved 10 eggs... yet because of ovidrel, I'm hit again.

It's no joke how much I'm suffering. Can't sleep, can't lie down, cannot stand straight. So bloated till I look 6 months pregnant.
It's disappointing, but if u get ohss, it's really torture.

Ya that's why my Husband told me it's better to avoid OHSS. I do get bloated after meals but it subsided after the next morning. Hope the FET will be successful

Don't be sad. It is better to let the body rest and be in prime condition to receive the embbies. This way you can concentrate on taking care of them and not having to battle OHSS at the same time. It's no joke to be down with it...few times worst than flu. The good news is you will have many embbies to look forward to. I remember when you first started you were worried about follicles not growing enough and now that things are on good track go with the flow and take one step at a time. Jiayou!

Thanks babe! Ya at first I was worrying the size. Now that it's has developed into the right size, I'm worrying about ER and FET. I just need to stay strong!!! :)

It may be a blessing in disguise. Get the medication out of your system first. I succeeded with FET too. :) And yes, mine gave me 3 days HL for my FET and I extended with my own AL.

Did the dr told you that you will be on FET before your ER? Why did the dr put you for FET? Just worrying about my boss asking why I have to be on leave so frequent as I only told him about this surgery period.

Hi @Jill Stuart, i also got lucrin as trigger for my 1st fresh, means that ET is confirm postponed till 2nd menses come. the doc on duty said that lucrin will affect the lining which is not good for implantation. anyway, i got bfp on my 1st FET (medicated coz i usually don't ovulate), but unfortunately i miscarriage 1 week after BT. for my 2nd fresh in feb, doc wants to try for fresh ET, so i got ovidrel as trigger. problem is, i still produce many eggs despite lower stim dosage and in the end i was hospitalised for 3 days because of OHSS. i was feeling fine before ER but the symptoms only worsen 2 or 3 days after ER.

i'll be doing my 4th FET this coming cycle. let's stay strong together! fighting!

Did the dr told you that you will be on FET before your ER? Why did the dr put you for FET? Just worrying about my boss asking why I have to be on leave so frequent as I only told him about this surgery period.

Nope, I only knew after the ER. I had to take a blood test also to check for progesterone level. Mine was high so Dr said it's better to do better. High progesterone will cause the lining to reject the embryo so she said it will be wasted. Mine was a natural FET so I just had to come a few days before ovulation for a scan, then check for ovulation myself. Once I tested positive for ovulation, I had to come for a scan and the next visit was the FET.

Hi @Jill Stuart, i also got lucrin as trigger for my 1st fresh, means that ET is confirm postponed till 2nd menses come. the doc on duty said that lucrin will affect the lining which is not good for implantation. anyway, i got bfp on my 1st FET (medicated coz i usually don't ovulate), but unfortunately i miscarriage 1 week after BT. for my 2nd fresh in feb, doc wants to try for fresh ET, so i got ovidrel as trigger. problem is, i still produce many eggs despite lower stim dosage and in the end i was hospitalised for 3 days because of OHSS. i was feeling fine before ER but the symptoms only worsen 2 or 3 days after ER.

i'll be doing my 4th FET this coming cycle. let's stay strong together! fighting!

In case, meaning those who had lucrin for trigger jab is unlikely to do fresh ET. Was jus wondering after ER, it is so likely to encounter OHSS even without ET?

Now I was thking not sure is it becos my Husband's sperm was freeze, that's why I have to do frozen ET. All the best to us!!! Now awaiting for my ER on Thursday and I'm so nervous and scare.

Nope, I only knew after the ER. I had to take a blood test also to check for progesterone level. Mine was high so Dr said it's better to do better. High progesterone will cause the lining to reject the embryo so she said it will be wasted. Mine was a natural FET so I just had to come a few days before ovulation for a scan, then check for ovulation myself. Once I tested positive for ovulation, I had to come for a scan and the next visit was the FET.

You were with KKH for the FET? Understand that there is medicated and Natural. Was wondering is it the same? I hope everything will be alright. Guess Dr THH planned carefully for me to prevent me from getting OHSS.

You were with KKH for the FET? Understand that there is medicated and Natural. Was wondering is it the same? I hope everything will be alright. Guess Dr THH planned carefully for me to prevent me from getting OHSS.
I would say trust thh! Haha he knows what he is doing. I havent done FET. But i am sure if the embbies can survive the freezing and thawing it is a strong one? Have faith! :)

Hi ladies, JTS FET is no any worse off than fresh. In fact FET I read that there are more success coz doc can time it and not depend on your O. I have done 3 fresh and all failed. Eventually my 1st FET, I BFP. Im not saying FET is better, but do trust your doc, they know better

I would say trust thh! Haha he knows what he is doing. I havent done FET. But i am sure if the embbies can survive the freezing and thawing it is a strong one? Have faith! :)

Yes I give my full trust to him. Had very bad bloatedness and diarrhoea for a few times just now before my trigger shot.

Finally I have did my last jab for this cycle - lucrin trigger jab. Now hoping all the side effect will go down before ER.

That's good fertilization rate!
My Dr told me that my progesterone was too high too and if it's too high, the embryo cannot be implanted cos the lining will reject it. So I had to delay my ET and it was worth it! :) Almost went crazy though waiting for the next cycle and hoping that my one and only embryo thaw successfully. :p
I'm really lucky, during my first fresh when i had only 2 eggs retrieved, i was blessed that both of them also fertilized, or else i think i won't have anything to transfer at all. But still, it was a failed cycle. I'm in the exact same boat as u! On the day of the scheduled transfer, Dr also advised me not to transfer and waste the embryos due to high progesterone level. Since some pple react better to frozen cycle, i can also gamble a bit. Hoping the best for both our upcoming FET, I'm counting down too!

Yes I give my full trust to him. Had very bad bloatedness and diarrhoea for a few times just now before my trigger shot.

Finally I have did my last jab for this cycle - lucrin trigger jab. Now hoping all the side effect will go down before ER.
Good luck for ur ER! If u are not a frequent drinker the procedure should be over even before u know it. Don't know how true it is but my friend who drinks alcohol regularly couldn't get sedated totally during her ER, but i on the other hand who is a total non alcohol drink slept through twice ER like a baby, only waking realising i was in the resting area. Once i was injected with the sedation, i think i took only 3 deep breaths using the oxygen mask and boooom, gone! So relax and don't worry yah.

OHSS typically peaks after ER. Starting drinking electrolyte drinks like 100plus. Doc will also likely prescribe you with medication (cabergolin) to help deal with it.

ER is a rather fast procedure. The nurse will call you in about an hour earlier to run through documentation, change and prepare for sedation etc. It can be a little intimidating to be in the operating threatre for first timers but you will soon be in deep sleep and find yourself at the resting lounge. Most of us experience just some light cramps after the surgery. It is normal to feel that your ovaries are sore. You will feel better from the next day.

Take care and all the best to you!

Yes most people will be in deep sleep and be awake at the resting area except me. But i doubt you will be like me. I am just the exception that the sedation wasnt enough =/ after ER you will feel cramps but it shld be better after a day or 2

Good luck for ur ER! If u are not a frequent drinker the procedure should be over even before u know it. Don't know how true it is but my friend who drinks alcohol regularly couldn't get sedated totally during her ER, but i on the other hand who is a total non alcohol drink slept through twice ER like a baby, only waking realising i was in the resting area. Once i was injected with the sedation, i think i took only 3 deep breaths using the oxygen mask and boooom, gone! So relax and don't worry yah.

Haha I have cut down to alcohol prior 1 year from my IVF process. Hope I'll be able to slp through the ER. Ahhhh, so nervous, its coming tomorrow!!!

What time is your ER? I'm scheduled to go at 10am. Can't imagine fasting whole morning. Starting to feel nervous even though it's my 2nd fresh cycle, I had diarrhea yesterday afternoon too, I thought it was due to the antibiotics. Take isotonic drinks like Gatorade and pocari, it helps me to ease the bloatedness , which will get worse after ER.

All the best for tomorrow! hope it will be smooth for both of us and abundance of gd quality eggs collected! :)

OHSS typically peaks after ER. Starting drinking electrolyte drinks like 100plus. Doc will also likely prescribe you with medication (cabergolin) to help deal with it.

ER is a rather fast procedure. The nurse will call you in about an hour earlier to run through documentation, change and prepare for sedation etc. It can be a little intimidating to be in the operating threatre for first timers but you will soon be in deep sleep and find yourself at the resting lounge. Most of us experience just some light cramps after the surgery. It is normal to feel that your ovaries are sore. You will feel better from the next day.

Take care and all the best to you!

I have started to take small sip of 100plus (non carbonated) since I have started my IVF process. Hope my diarrhoea will stop soon so that I can proceed with my ER. I'm suspecting that the antibiotics that I consumed is causing the diarrhoea.

Is the operating theatre cold? So we will be awake in the recovery room with a bed? Will we be given antibiotics after ER?

Sorry for asking so many questions as I can't stop thking about it.

What time is your ER? I'm scheduled to go at 10am. Can't imagine fasting whole morning. Starting to feel nervous even though it's my 2nd fresh cycle, I had diarrhea yesterday afternoon too, I thought it was due to the antibiotics. Take isotonic drinks like Gatorade and pocari, it helps me to ease the bloatedness , which will get worse after ER.

All the best for tomorrow! hope it will be smooth for both of us and abundance of gd quality eggs collected! :)

Ya I thk it was caused by the antibiotics cos after 1 hour later I consumed I started to diarrhoea. Are we still allowed to go for ER if this still persist? Omg I can't imagine the aftermath of ER. I'm really so nervous and so scare. My surgery is at 11am. I am told to fast from 5am onwards. How about you? Ya try to take more 100+ (non-carbonated).

Ya I thk it was caused by the antibiotics cos after 1 hour later I consumed I started to diarrhoea. Are we still allowed to go for ER if this still persist? Omg I can't imagine the aftermath of ER. I'm really so nervous and so scare. My surgery is at 11am. I am told to fast from 5am onwards. How about you? Ya try to take more 100+ (non-carbonated).

Oh nurse says to be there at 10 but it will start at 11, I might see u there! Yes, she told me to fast from 5am but I prob won't wake up to eat or drink at night.
How bad is your diarrhea, how about call ivf hotline to ask if you can take some med to stop diarrhea. Mine is mild and just once yesterday and this morning after breakfast.

My diarrhea is like 6 times yesterday from 10+pm to 1am plus. Today about 3 times. But luckily it seems to stop.

I just called KKH IVF, they said it's a common side effect unless if the diarrhea doesn't stop then we have to inform them. They might give us the medication to stop the diarrhea.

My consultation is 11am and ER is at 12pm. I am supposed to fast at 6am onwards. Just worrying that we will be thirsty. Guess I'll be bringing my 100plus and water bottle tomorrow.

There will be a short consultation with Dr before the op. So any questions, you may ask him or her first before the procedure starts.

By the time I do my ER, I thk you will be at the recovery room. I might see you at the recovery room tomorrow. Heard that we need to rest 3 hours in the recovery room. Stay hydrated and had a good rest tonight ! :)

I have started to take small sip of 100plus (non carbonated) since I have started my IVF process. Hope my diarrhoea will stop soon so that I can proceed with my ER. I'm suspecting that the antibiotics that I consumed is causing the diarrhoea.

Is the operating theatre cold? So we will be awake in the recovery room with a bed? Will we be given antibiotics after ER?

Sorry for asking so many questions as I can't stop thking about it.
Don't worry so much. You will be well taken care of.

My diarrhea is like 6 times yesterday from 10+pm to 1am plus. Today about 3 times. But luckily it seems to stop.

I just called KKH IVF, they said it's a common side effect unless if the diarrhea doesn't stop then we have to inform them. They might give us the medication to stop the diarrhea.

My consultation is 11am and ER is at 12pm. I am supposed to fast at 6am onwards. Just worrying that we will be thirsty. Guess I'll be bringing my 100plus and water bottle tomorrow.

There will be a short consultation with Dr before the op. So any questions, you may ask him or her first before the procedure starts.

By the time I do my ER, I thk you will be at the recovery room. I might see you at the recovery room tomorrow. Heard that we need to rest 3 hours in the recovery room. Stay hydrated and had a good rest tonight ! :)

Oh good to know the diarrhea is a side effect, should subside today. Ah, he should be seeing you after me. The consultation is just him saying hi to you at the op theatre just a few mins before you get sedated and he ask u for name and Nric. Can't ask much.
They will offer you milo after your ER so don't worry.

U too rest well, go to bed early and don't stress :)

going to have performance review this coming Friday :( im sure its going to be very very bad due to lots of HL from the ivf cycle.. Not looking forward to it.

Oh good to know the diarrhea is a side effect, should subside today. Ah, he should be seeing you after me. The consultation is just him saying hi to you at the op theatre just a few mins before you get sedated and he ask u for name and Nric. Can't ask much.
They will offer you milo after your ER so don't worry.

U too rest well, go to bed early and don't stress :)

Haha ok. Thanks for the info. Hope to see you in the recovery room!

Good Luck for ER. Mine was pretty smooth. I was out in appx 1h plus. Slight cramp after ER.

going to have performance review this coming Friday :( im sure its going to be very very bad due to lots of HL from the ivf cycle.. Not looking forward to it.

Don't worry. Your health is more important. I used to think a lot about it. When the time comes, you just really gonna go ahead with this golden opportunity. Don't give up!!!

Hi All
I initially planned for natural cycle fet but cancelled it due to non ovulation. Just to check if you all encounter any late ovulation or delayed period after failed ivf? Just wondering if i dont ovulate does it means i will not have my period? Which will mean i will have to postphone my ivf cycle further !

Don't worry. Your health is more important. I used to think a lot about it. When the time comes, you just really gonna go ahead with this golden opportunity. Don't give up!!!
Yep @Jill Stuart ill just have to face it tomorrow and not take it too hard on their comments. Wells, will try ba. A fail cycle already feel sad liao and now comes the review :( double sadness and somemore its TGIF!! hope it wont me much tmr. Fingers cross.

Hi All
I initially planned for natural cycle fet but cancelled it due to non ovulation. Just to check if you all encounter any late ovulation or delayed period after failed ivf? Just wondering if i dont ovulate does it means i will not have my period? Which will mean i will have to postphone my ivf cycle further !
Hello! If you don't ovulate doesnt mean that you won't have your period. Some women have their period but do not ovulate for various reasons: Stress, PCOS, Hormonal factors etc.

Yup, the cycle will be postponed further, indefinitely. Then again, most importantly is that the womb conditions are set right for the embryo to be settled in. No point kan chiong and breeze through it only to be disappointed later on.

Just finished my ER, only retrieved 8 eggs. Progesterone is at 5.44, doc suggest doing FET due to high progesterone. Can I ask if anyone have same condition as me and did you do FET or fresh on the end?
Is there a risk of thawing that could cause a gd quality embryo to stop growing?
Have to go back on sat to see the result and not sure what doc will suggest and what I should do, appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Just finished my ER, only retrieved 8 eggs. Progesterone is at 5.44, doc suggest doing FET due to high progesterone. Can I ask if anyone have same condition as me and did you do FET or fresh on the end?
Is there a risk of thawing that could cause a gd quality embryo to stop growing?
Have to go back on sat to see the result and not sure what doc will suggest and what I should do, appreciate any advice. Thank you!
I'm facing the same situation with u during mu scheduled ET date, couldn't transfer also due to high progesterone. Most likely they will inform u how many matured eggs or embryos u have in a day or 2. Now I'm waiting for my period to kickstart my fet. According to the nurse there's always risks involving while thawing. Try our best not to think negatively ok..

Back